Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Aloe mite: The hidden scourge of the Mediterranean succulent garden: Chemical treatment?

Communities > Forums > Article: Aloe mite: The hidden scourge of the Mediterranean succulent garden
bookmark
Forum: Article: Aloe mite: The hidden scourge of the Mediterranean succulent gardenReplies: 1, Views: 19
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
juper
Albany, CA

May 11, 2010
10:14 PM

Post #7785542

Hi palmbob,

I have a sizable collection of aloes and I suspect a few of my aloes may be infected with 'aloe cancer'; although, no signs of abnormal lesions/galls are apparent. (I had acquired a number of aloes at a nursery which later I found had infested aloes in their collection).

As a preventative/proactive measure, is there a chemical treatment I could use to boost the immunity of my aloe collection against the 'aloe cancer'? Or should I just keep a close eye for any abnormal lesions and then treat accordingly? Thanks

palmbob

palmbob
Acton, CA
(Zone 8b)

May 11, 2010
10:45 PM

Post #7785570

I know of no preventative... Would be a hard mite to prevent against anyway. Just hope they are not there.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Aloe mite: The hidden scourge of the Mediterranean succulent garden Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Scary! KyWoods 3 Mar 9, 2009 2:24 PM
Great article soive2000 2 Mar 10, 2009 1:53 AM
Aloe Cancer Article fc_upland 1 Mar 10, 2009 12:29 PM
Aloe mites.... YodieCoyote 6 Mar 12, 2010 7:51 PM
Is this an aloe cancer growth? juper 7 May 3, 2010 7:58 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America