Water lilies in my stone trough, my pond....

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

The stone trough is my favourite object as it is probably more than a century old. I'd a thread about it in the Antiques and Collectibles forum here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/850036/ . But now I thought of showing it up here. It's been doing very well and I'm glad the lily is happily living with some little fish. I've a pond too. I'll post pictures as this goes on.

This message was edited May 13, 2010 8:32 PM

Thumbnail by Dinu
Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Mynahs and Spotted pigeons come down to have a drink to quench their thirst often. To make it easy for them, I maintain the level of water up to the brim. Somehow evaporation is quick here.

Thumbnail by Dinu
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Beautiful Dinu!

Ocoee (W. Orlando), FL(Zone 9b)

Dinu,
Did this replace the inground pond you had? The water lily is beautiful!
:)

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

No replacement... an addition. The pond is also there doing well. Wait for pictures.

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Water is crystal clear since many months. The root system is nicely spread along the bottom and the fish is very nice. String algae grows nicely in it but I remove them by hand when it is more.

Thumbnail by Dinu
Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Closer look.

Thumbnail by Dinu
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Cute little fish!

Fredericton N B, Canada(Zone 4a)

Dinu what is the size of you trough on feet and inches. I have followed your progress with interest.You are fortunate to live in such a warm climate. JOY

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

JOY,

The trough is about 45x24x15 inches approx. When I put my hand to the bottom the roots have spread and that is a very soft feeling I got there! All seems to be well in this trough.

Tucson, AZ

that is amazing dinu and so tranquil. imagine what that trough has seen through the decades.

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

It must be a hundred years old in my guess. The old owner of the house had a cowshed which was converted into an out house in 1950 when my grandfather bought that house. The past owner was living there for some decades before that. Pic I took in May end.

Thumbnail by Dinu

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images