Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Pictures from Jeri's RU, etc.: 5/14 & 5/16/10

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Okay here we go with a new thread for pictures of Jeri's RU.
I just want to say a big THANK YOU to both Cindy and Jeri for hosting us on our trip and inviting us into their homes. Cindy and Jimbo were such gracious hosts as was Jeri when we got to her house. It was wonderful to spend time at each of their homes. We had a great time throughout the whole trip. Seeing everyone who was able to attend was really great. We missed those of you who couldn't come. *sniff* I am really glad I was able to make the trip.
Charlotte's truck was packed with plants, going and coming. I don't know where we would have put Kathy Ann if she had been able to go with us. I guess she would have had to be the hood ornament! LOL

Some of the others have posted the group photos, I will start with photos taken of the sunset over the Ouachita River at Cindy and Jimbo's house.

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

This is Cindy with the hostess gifts Charlotte and I took to her. She is wearing the beautiful blue pendant which Charlotte made and holding the yard ornament.

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

some of the others have also posted group photos. Unfortunately, Sandi and Bruce and Karen and Paul didn't get in on the group photos nor did Johnny and Emily because they weren't there at the Burger King where we met before we went to Doug Young Nursery.

Here's Jeri trying to get everyone rounded up for one of our group shots. LOL

This message was edited May 16, 2010 8:28 PM

Thumbnail by marsue
Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Marilyn...... I don't know WHERE ya'll would have put Kathy for sure!! NOT TO MENTION the plants she would have had! LOL

I hope your pot man got home safe and sound....... I wish I had THOUGHT of him when Jeri and I drove by that second Kleggs ...... just wasnt thinking!! THEY might have had one!!

Genna

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

and another one which shows me telling whoever was using my camera how it works LOL

Mary B, Lisa, Mary D, Jeri, Charlotte, Genna, Becky, Linda, Smock, Marilyn

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Mr. Pot Man made it home safe and sound, Genna! :o)) I didn't know there was a second Cleggs. How did Charlotte and I miss that one?

This is what I brought home.
edited to add: I'll post a list tomorrow of the things I bought at Doug Young Nursery and Clegg's.

This message was edited May 16, 2010 8:26 PM

Thumbnail by marsue
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I'll add the photos of our truck before we unloaded.

Thumbnail by cperdue
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

You can't see all the stuff in these photos. I bought about 6 different sedums that are covered up with foliage from other plants.

Thumbnail by cperdue
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

This one is fuzzy but you can get an idea.

Thumbnail by cperdue
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I got the green pot at Paul Michael's. The top comes off and I can make it into a stand. I got a clay pot I'm going to paint to match the green stand (Cindy's idea). The previous photo had a pot head planter I also got at Paul Michael's.

Thumbnail by cperdue
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

For some reason I'm having trouble with this posting. Back of truck before unloading.

Thumbnail by cperdue
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I can't get over that truck photo Charlotte. where would you hve put all my stuff? on the roof? LOL

Cindy you look fabulous !! Loved the necklace , Charlotte makes some awesome jewelery. Love that lady your holding.

pics are fabulous.

Sounds like I missed some fun, and maybe held onto alot of money too LOL by not going . ;0)

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Marilyn!! You brought home some cute yard art. I love that woman figure standing in the center of your plants. and that pot man, love it, Kenny is suppose to be getting me one of those like Bonnie's.

I missed some fun for sure, but Genna's right, ya'll would have had to stuff me in one of the bags LOL not to mention my plants.

ok, I can't see pics good of the plants you bought, anything special? I may have to go mop up one day with my cutters LOL

I'm headed off to work soon, you ladies have fun unpacking your goods and getting them in the ground. it's been raining here going on 3 days, i'm about ready for some sunshine.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Here's pic of one of the trade tables. I don't know who was swapping cats, but I traded one for a brugmansia.

Thumbnail by bigbubbles
Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

i think this was a small part of Jeri's stash

Thumbnail by bigbubbles
Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

my corner....

Thumbnail by bigbubbles
Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Another view of the trade tables

Thumbnail by bigbubbles
Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Marilyn,
Jeri said there were 6 different locations of Cleggs around Baton Rouge. I was trying to figure out how in the world we had looped around to be passing by it and NEVER thought about running in to check on a pot man! But then, that is when we were gone to get lunch so ya'll really did NOT want me stopping at another nursery! LOL

Genna

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Jeri's beautiful pond...

Thumbnail by bigbubbles
Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Other side of pond

Thumbnail by bigbubbles
Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Jeri's Tea House....

Thumbnail by bigbubbles
Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Beautiful pictures..... Jeri's yard is so beautiful, it is hard for pictures to do it justice! Wish I had taken my camera after I saw her yard - I was trying to descibe it to my husband but it was difficult to do !

Hope ya'll didn't have too much rain on the way home!

Genna

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

What came home with us.... I planted the monardas out front yesterday and will hopefully plant the rest of everything today before it gets too hot. Wish we had had more time to visit.
The Central TX RU is June 5th in San Marcos. I have to do horticultural classifications for the flower show at the botanical gardens June 4th&5th. Going to try to be in two places at once... Not sure how that'll pan out.

Thumbnail by bigbubbles
Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

another view of that gorgeous garden at Jeri's

Thumbnail by bigbubbles
Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

One more before I have to get outside....

Thumbnail by bigbubbles
Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

We watched this thunderstorm for an hour and a half after turning off the Interstate. It had started to fall apart as we approached Austin, thank goodness. Beautiful, but that was close enough...

Thumbnail by bigbubbles
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Kathy Ann: you asked if I bought anything special. As far as plants go, the most "special" one, to me, that I bought was a Japanese Maple. It was in the photo above but it didn't show up because it was in the back. I also bought one of those neat-looking yellow shrimp plants. I know it is an annual up here but I am going to put it in a pot and put it in the garage next winter. I don't have any experience with shrimp plants so I don't know if it will survive our winter in a pot in the garage but it is as neat looking plant and will be pretty in the garden this summer. I also bought two neat looking foxtail ferns, one of which I am going to give to my next-door neighbor for keeping Friday for me while I was away. I also bought two little sedums and some other stuff which I can't remember right now. I bought the lady which you mentioned plus a cute bird and a lady bug to put in the new shade bed plus my little pot man which I was thrilled to find (I got the last one they had).

here are the two ferns and the Japanese maple

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Sandi: those are some good photos. I'm so sorry I didn't get a photo of you and Bruce and also Karen, Paul, Emily and Johnny. With all the rain that was "happening" on Saturday, I just didn't take my camera outside because of the moisture and it never occurred to me to get you all together for a group photo inside the house!

This is another view of some of the plants I brought home from the RU plus a few that I bought. You can see the lady bug ornament in the center back and my chicken or bird or whatever it is in the front with the lady to the left. These are the ones I am putting in the back yard. I have others which are going in the beds in the front yard.

Thumbnail by marsue
Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Marilyn,
Did you get home with the pieces of the broken pot??

I love the lady bug!! :)

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

I sure did, Genna, and I am going to put one of my new sedums under it. When I get the pot pieces arranged and the sedum planted, I will post a photo. Charlotte posted a photo of the back seat of her pick-up. You can see the sack that the broken pot is in stuffed in there. I may start a new trend of breaking perfectly good pots and "planting" them in your garden. LOLOL

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

or maybe just "taking broken pots off the store's hands"..... would be even better. I hated it got broken, but was thankful I had brought two door prizes.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Yeah, maybe we could find a source for broken pots which the stores want to get rid of, free of charge! Hmmmmm, I may have to go ask somebody in HD's garden dept. what they do with their broken pots. LOL

Ripley, MS

I just talked to Becky and they are thinking Lyle's Mom will pass any minute, they are both at the nursing home with her.
Prayers are needed for them now, especially Lyle

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Lots of prayers going up for Lyle and his mom, and the family.

Sounds like ya'll had a ball! I so wish I could have gone but it's to expensive and too little time with me working last Friday and Dave would have had a fit. I tested him after I got home from work on Friday and he told me that I don't need to be driving that far by myself with the weather as dicey as the thunderstorms were supposed to be. pppttttthhhhhh.

Thanks for sharing all of those pics!

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Just talked to Becky and she passed about 30 minutes ago. She had such a blessed life to live to 93. Remember her family as they make the final arrangements to celebrate her life.

Ripley, MS

I am glad that she got up there before she passed, God Bless them all

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

The first bombast poppy bloomed today, and I got these seeds off ebay , they were suppose to be turkish bombast poppies, (double flowering) the first one is not bombast , so I'm not sure wht you guys are going to get. Although the flower is georgious. I'm disapointed, I really wanted bombast poppies.

Not sure what I got or what any of you have gotten , it was a mix of colors so perhaps it will be a mix of poppies too.

it's got a huge seed pod though LOL

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

KA...thank you so much for the plants you sent. I already planted the arum, parrot lily, monardas, blk knight, and hydrangea. The bamboo will go in a pot until I can figure out a good spot for it. I'll plant the poppy in the front garden where it'll get optimum sunshine. I wasn't sure if it had already bloomed. The one you've posted is gorgeous.

The A. Duelberg "cooked'' when we were stuck on the hwy an hour going back to Jeri's from FH. We had been so careful to keep the truck in the shade, but just couldn't do anything about the accident ahead of us. It may come back for you, if not I'll send you another.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Here's the grandson's camo Crocs I planted with succulents. Can't remember who wanted to see 'em!

Thumbnail by bigbubbles
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

The poppies I sent to you all haven't bloomed yet, this poppy I just posed the pic of is up to my chin. That's how tall it is

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.