Photo by Melody
We rolled out several small fixes on January 29. If you encounter any problems, please report them in the designated thread in the DG Site Updates forum.

Article: Vita Sackville-West: Loved Sissinghurst

Communities > Forums > Article: Vita Sackville-West
bookmark
Forum: Article: Vita Sackville-WestReplies: 3, Views: 46
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
lisablystone
Marcellus, NY

May 17, 2010
5:44 AM

Post #7799930

I was lucky enough to visit Sissinghurst in May 1991, and found it to be a lovely and unique place. I have since read several books by VSW, including In Your Garden, which is delightful. Thanks for writing about Vita and Sissinghurst - it brings back wonderful memories!
StrawberryBaby
Indialantic, FL

May 17, 2010
10:49 AM

Post #7800949

Just reminds me that life is short...and this article about a wonderful adventure shared by husband and wife is a treasure that we can all learn from...Love of green and the work and fruits of ones labor bring a sense of satisfaction that material "things" can never equal!!
LeafPeeper
Ferndale, WA

March 12, 2012
7:13 PM

Post #9040297

Loved the article and photos as it also brought back fond memories for me when we spent a half day at Sissinghurst several years ago. I took many photos of that visit as I was just getting into gardening back then and was quite inspired by what I saw there. In fact, I have two framed watercolor prints in my home of the oast houses and the tower on the Sissinghurst grounds which are also constant reminders of a wonderful trip. Thanks for taking me down memory lane!
huckleberry6
Eagle Point, OR
(Zone 8a)

March 16, 2012
9:06 PM

Post #9045671

Wonderful article. Thank you. I will put her on my reading bucket list.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Vita Sackville-West Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
My favorite garden writer! Hemophobic 5 May 12, 2010 10:49 PM
Thanks gwen21 0 May 12, 2010 6:37 AM
Sissinghurst daphnep 1 May 12, 2010 10:51 PM
descendant of Sir Richard Baker! mybrigadoon 0 May 18, 2010 2:19 AM
Vita Sackville-West omasuziq 2 May 20, 2010 3:27 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America