Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Visiting My Garden's Wild Country Cousins: Au naturel

Communities > Forums > Article: Visiting My Garden's Wild Country Cousins
bookmark
Forum: Article: Visiting My Garden's Wild Country CousinsReplies: 1, Views: 24
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
lortay
Navan
Ireland

May 17, 2010
6:20 AM

Post #7800030

Hi,
This was a lovely walk in the woods, made all the better for having your children along. Who knows? You may have inspired a new generation of gardeners, or at least, nature lovers. It is worth remembering that we only ever see these plants as 'exotics'. It is wonderful to be able to see them as nature intended.

Bookerc1

Bookerc1
Mackinaw, IL
(Zone 5a)

May 17, 2010
8:01 AM

Post #7800312

I think walking in the woods is one of my favorite pastimes, and I just don't get to do it often enough. For some reason, I have a deep sense of peace when I'm under the canopy of the trees. I hope my children grow up appreciating the blessing of all the beauty of nature. I think they are well on their way! They are already demanding turns with the cameras, to snap pictures of things they find particularly beautiful. :) And they do love any excuse to get dirty.

Thank you for reading and commenting!
Angie

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Visiting My Garden's Wild Country Cousins Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Indentification cynthiamp 12 May 17, 2010 7:55 PM
unidentified plan with lovely foliage sandskl 6 May 17, 2010 3:44 PM
Something I've Thought About Igrowinpa 5 May 18, 2010 2:45 PM
Welcome to the wildflowers of KY postmandug 2 May 17, 2010 7:45 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America