Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Rocky Mountain Gardening: Busy Busy Busy

Communities > Forums > Rocky Mountain Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Rocky Mountain GardeningReplies: 6, Views: 121
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
SUNNYAZ
Pueblo West, CO

May 17, 2010
10:14 AM

Post #7800780

What a great weekend for working out in the dirt! And that just what hubby and I did. (=
Did anyone else spend time outdoors in their garden this weekend?

Thumbnail by SUNNYAZ
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Pewjumper
Glenwood Springs, CO
(Zone 5b)

May 17, 2010
3:47 PM

Post #7801759

I spent a very productive Sunday afternoon in a friends garden applying Spray-N-Grow to their plants, applying various chemicals to their transplants & advising on changes they wish to make.

The evening was better though, for my efforts I was served several good bottles of red wine from various countries, filet mignon, scalloped potatoes, fresh veggies along with wonderful conversation all in the shade of their yard which borders on the national forest.

Saturday I put the two stage soil strainer together so I can finish creating soil for my Iris bed.

Friday I said phhhbbbbbt to work after two hours and I weeded and watered the planters & parkways, finished mixing soil for the fifth and last wine barrel so I can get all my cannas planted this coming week.

I am ready to rock for Spring! Errrrr, that is if it would quit snowing off and on.

Sonny

greenhouse_gal

greenhouse_gal
Southern NJ
United States
(Zone 7a)

May 20, 2010
3:53 AM

Post #7809710

I use Spray-N-Grow too, and it really seems to make a difference! I haven't started applying it yet this year, though; I guess it's time!

Sonny, what busy days you've been having!
dahlianut
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3a)

May 20, 2010
8:35 AM

Post #7810363

Pewjumper do you think your friends might adopt me??? YUMMY!!!! I spent 3 full days going at garden cleanup, weeding (ugh), direct sowing, planting potatoes and glads and hauling baby seedlings out of the greenhouse. On the 4th day I went on a marathon garden centre shopping trip. On the 5th day I planned to weatherproof the deck but got overtaken by a loooooong nap.
Pewjumper
Glenwood Springs, CO
(Zone 5b)

May 20, 2010
2:07 PM

Post #7811376

Dahlianut,

Howard & Marion are dear friends, but I guess I can share them. ;)

They have even said that I can kidnap some of their lizards to add to my hardscaping. LOL! All I have to do is a few modifications so that the lizards have a place to hide if the pipe kitty shows up looking for a meal.

Sonny
Pewjumper
Glenwood Springs, CO
(Zone 5b)

September 21, 2010
4:38 PM

Post #8112675

Gosh, Fall is here!

The new bed is finished, (Pictures of the project to follow) and I am glad I am finished! 75,000 Lbs. of dirt sifted, moved and mixed, by hand. That built some muscles & some tendinitis.

September has been a blur, but there are only a few things left to do in order to get the garden ready for a long nap.

Has Summer been kind to everyone out there?

Dahlianut, dear, you have been quiet, are you OK?

Sonny

This message was edited Sep 21, 2010 4:42 PM

Thumbnail by Pewjumper
Click the image for an enlarged view.

dahlianut
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3a)

September 22, 2010
8:29 AM

Post #8113987

I'm still dancing dear Pewjumper. I refuse to admit that the time of the cold and the dark is approaching although I am practising my tuber digging song and the leafs are whirling about. This year my tuber digging song is 'Oklahoma'. It was an unusually wet summer here and my garden is abundant with floppage. Drought tolerant plants tend to react that way with too much moisture sigh. I am hoping for a stupendously cheerful October in which to plant bulbous things. The up side to wet is I have a zillion shrooms popping up here and there and everywhere. Who knew they were lurking in my garden all this time?

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Rocky Mountain Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Anybody growing vegetables in the Rockies? pajaritomt 166 Jun 25, 2007 3:26 PM
Invasive for the rest of the country still invasive here? MQN 33 May 28, 2007 6:36 AM
Milkweed - Asclepias seeds? hello85 3 Aug 14, 2007 10:15 PM
Greenhouse GMan13 126 Mar 5, 2007 10:48 PM
This might brighten you up......(continued) ginger749 162 Jan 3, 2012 12:18 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America