Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Visiting My Garden's Wild Country Cousins: Welcome to the wildflowers of KY

Communities > Forums > Article: Visiting My Garden's Wild Country Cousins
bookmark
Forum: Article: Visiting My Garden's Wild Country CousinsReplies: 2, Views: 17
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

postmandug

postmandug
Bardstown, KY
(Zone 6a)

May 17, 2010
6:49 PM

Post #7802337

I am glad that you enjoyed your trip. We really do have one of the most interesting and beautiful spring wildflower collections of any state in the country. It's wonderful to take those early spring jaunts in the woods and I do it quite often (Even in the snow).

Wildflowers and Ferns of Kentucky is another excellent book and my main resource when hiking. Try the Red River Gorge in the springtime some year, it is amazing.

Doug

Thumbnail by postmandug
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

May 17, 2010
7:23 PM

Post #7802455

Glad you enjoyed your trip, Angie...as Doug said, explore more next year. Bet you find others that you will come to love!

Great article, of course! Thank you.

Bookerc1

Bookerc1
Mackinaw, IL
(Zone 5a)

May 17, 2010
7:45 PM

Post #7802559

I love hearing from some of the Kentucky gardeners! I'd imagine you all grew up knowing the names of all of these plants, but several of them were new to me!

My college roommate, who was from the Chicago area, used to be greatly amused at my ability to name all the weeds. A few years of walking beans will do that to a person. ^_^

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Visiting My Garden's Wild Country Cousins Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Indentification cynthiamp 12 May 17, 2010 7:55 PM
Au naturel lortay 1 May 17, 2010 8:01 AM
unidentified plan with lovely foliage sandskl 6 May 17, 2010 3:44 PM
Something I've Thought About Igrowinpa 5 May 18, 2010 2:45 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America