Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Vita Sackville-West: descendant of Sir Richard Baker!

Communities > Forums > Article: Vita Sackville-West
bookmark
Forum: Article: Vita Sackville-WestReplies: 0, Views: 21
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
mybrigadoon
Devon, PA

May 18, 2010
2:19 AM

Post #7803123

HI, you will appreciate what my family tree has shown, I am a direct descendant of Sir Richard Baker who built the tower and owned the mansion! I sure wish it was still in my family! My grandmother's maiden name was Baker. I have been to Sissinghurst numerous times, and even stayed in the Bed and Breakfast next door, which is soooo wonderful. In the upper stairwell, there is a huge formal portrait of Vita as a young girl, painted at Knole. I don't know why it's there, seems like it should be at Knole, but there it is.

I don't know if Sir Richard was a gardener, but then again he picked out a gorgeous spot to live. I am besotted with gardening and houses, so I guess it's in the blood!

thanks for the article!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Vita Sackville-West Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
My favorite garden writer! Hemophobic 5 May 12, 2010 10:49 PM
Thanks gwen21 0 May 12, 2010 6:37 AM
Sissinghurst daphnep 1 May 12, 2010 10:51 PM
Loved Sissinghurst lisablystone 3 Mar 16, 2012 9:06 PM
Vita Sackville-West omasuziq 2 May 20, 2010 3:27 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America