Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins: § RED, WHITE & BLUE 3 § - 2010 Swap. RM# 2

Communities > Forums > Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins
bookmark
Forum: Group Trades, Swaps and Round RobinsReplies: 261, Views: 1,553
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 18, 2010
5:57 AM

Post #7803498

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1093200/
Names have already been assigned.
Start mailing May 24th.
Dateline is June 15th.

Let's make sure our buddy gets to celebrate 4th of July in DG style!.

This swap is themed on the colours, red, white and blue. You can send anything that has these three colours whether they be plants or ornaments.
Or you may send 3 items with each having a single colour, but your 3 items must bear all the colours of our flag!
For example, a red plate, a blue glass and a white apron.

Lizrainey ^_^
Abbisgranma
Bettypauze
Taters55
Jordankittyjo
Seedtosser1
FruitOfTheVine
Purpbutfly
BarefootT
Dahtzu
Jsxtiger^_^
Mcrochet^_^
Quilter5bdsr^_^
DDbyDeb^_^
Froggies_Girl
Qwilter
Dimmer
Samigal^_^

$20 limit excluding postage.

This message was edited Jun 4, 2010 2:30 PM

Thumbnail by heavenscape
Click the image for an enlarged view.

abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

May 18, 2010
5:59 AM

Post #7803508

Just wanted you to know I found the cookie crumbs--clever using red, white and blue cookies. LOL

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 18, 2010
5:59 AM

Post #7803510

Rev up your engines ladies... woohoooo... time to pick that right Red, White and Blue for your buddy, if you haven't done so.

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 18, 2010
6:00 AM

Post #7803514

We can safely say we're not color blind, Maid M!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 18, 2010
6:01 AM

Post #7803518

Laughing here, just mailed it yesterday and checking to see if my buddy got it..lol..I'm just too impatient...

Already have my USA RWB items from previous swap sitting out on the deck, best I go search for something Canadian to decorate for our July 1st...thanks for new room Jaye!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

May 18, 2010
6:01 AM

Post #7803519

Yeap--just blind. LOL I received some things yesterday I had ordered for my box so it should be ready to seal and send soon. I love this swap!!!

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 18, 2010
6:11 AM

Post #7803556

I can't stop looking for more RWB!! It's an advantageous habit ain't it...
fabrics.. RWB... fabrics... RWB.. :D

Betty, you must be the only Canadian in your block to celebrate July 4th! Way to go!!! You need to create a CanAm flag!

Told Kel, that if he doesn't get my flag pole up, then he'll have to do a RWB flower patch for me. (Me think he'll do something about a pole).

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 18, 2010
6:14 AM

Post #7803563

Jaye, even the gransons ask me why I'm decorating in USA RWB decor..."where's the Canadian stuff grandma???" I'd better get at it..

Do you take your flag post down winter months Jaye?

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 18, 2010
6:20 AM

Post #7803586

Just explain to your grandsons that you are promoting world peace, Betty and that it starts with your neighbour!!

If I had a pole, I'll keep the flag flying even in dead winter, Betty.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 18, 2010
6:21 AM

Post #7803593

Let's hope Jaye he decides to do the pole rather than the garden..

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

May 18, 2010
6:22 AM

Post #7803599

iF YOU HAVE GIVEN OUT NAMES THAT IS OK I Can wait till next one . unless someone else signs up & You need another player let me know .

jordankittyjo

jordankittyjo
Bessemer, AL
(Zone 8b)

May 18, 2010
6:26 AM

Post #7803617

I'M HERE

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 18, 2010
6:27 AM

Post #7803627

Yep, me too Betty. I've been wanting one for years now!!
You know the same old sing song.. "When I can get to it". Think the pole will be cheaper and less labor intensive than a new bed!!

Susie, look out for the sales after July 4th! You'll be well prepared for next year!

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 18, 2010
6:27 AM

Post #7803631

Who's "Here"???

Lolol!!!! I better get out of here before Sis Kathy finds a pole to hit me with!!!

jordankittyjo

jordankittyjo
Bessemer, AL
(Zone 8b)

May 18, 2010
6:29 AM

Post #7803635

i gots 2 poles, ya better run

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 18, 2010
6:30 AM

Post #7803641

►►► see me run..
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

May 18, 2010
6:39 AM

Post #7803676

...what was that streak that just passed my house? LOL

jordankittyjo

jordankittyjo
Bessemer, AL
(Zone 8b)

May 18, 2010
6:47 AM

Post #7803719

sure wasn't me. i'm to phatt to run
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

May 18, 2010
10:29 AM

Post #7804405

New thread, thank you Jaye. My box is sealed and ready to go. I'm trying to wait at least until June 1.
Going to be hard seeing that ready box every day and not mailing it.
Happy day yall!

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 18, 2010
10:34 AM

Post #7804425

Faye, being that Sister Kathy there has already mailed her box out, go ahead and do so.
If you hang on to that box any longer, it might 'burst'!!
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

May 18, 2010
10:38 AM

Post #7804441

LOL, yep it might, it's really packed.
Love you lady.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 18, 2010
12:01 PM

Post #7804680

Oh/Oh, was I not to mail mine yet? probably get there way after you all receive yours, think border agents love looking in my packages, they'll have a fine time trying to open the one I sent..lol

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

May 19, 2010
10:30 AM

Post #7807417

That's funny. Betty! I have the great gift of taping everything very well, also!
love, julie

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 19, 2010
10:56 AM

Post #7807486

Julie, just couldn't find a box other than a crate that would have proper dimensions so paper/tape is all it took..lol..even used a pen taped in one corner as to hope my piece didn't get broken..yikes..sometimes I'm just a little too creative for my own good..watch it get there and be broken..oh well, other treasures in the package will make up for it!

Bet Julie you are counting the days until school's out?

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 19, 2010
2:06 PM

Post #7807958

Betty, think we'll need a special courier for the next RWB!!!! Perhaps a luggage full!!!

Ladies.. get ready.. patriotism from these 3rd graders will make you stand proud.

Got this in an email.
After all the bad press over a few teachers who stepped out of line teaching songs to our children, this one is one you will be so proud to hear. At the end of the song you can order the sheet music.
I hope this sweeps our country and gets sung in all our schools. The music teacher wrote the song and had all the third graders sing.

From the third graders of Tussing Elementary, Colonial Heights, Virginia .

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=5pfBUUZNbFM

dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

May 19, 2010
2:54 PM

Post #7808074

Thank you Susan. That is the prettiest thing and the most heart felt thing I've seen for quite awhile.
May I send this to my Pastor, hoping our youth will learn it to sing Sunday in July?

This message was edited May 20, 2010 2:52 PM

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 19, 2010
4:45 PM

Post #7808381

Lovely, thanks for sharing!

Jaye, if nothing else I'm sure my swap buddy will get a laugh out of it..should have taken a photo but I didn't...

Well a bath and relaxation is called for..2 more hours of weeding tonight, figure if I put 2 hrs. a night the beds might get done by September...

night/night

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 19, 2010
7:37 PM

Post #7809057

Of course Faye. That's a terrific idea.

Rest well Betty. Now you can 'patiently' wait on the box that's sent to you!!

If any hasn't followed the shenanigans on Raise My Baby Swap III, check this out.. I promise you some chuckles.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1096759/

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 20, 2010
5:17 AM

Post #7809840

Jaye, that video was so nice! Thanks for sharing it.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 20, 2010
6:32 AM

Post #7810038

It's official, my RWB is now an American, crossed over about 11pm last night...who knows with any luck someone might get the challenge to cut off paper/tape without destroying what is inside...lol before the weekend..
lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

May 20, 2010
6:38 AM

Post #7810048

omg! kathy thank you!!!!

my box is full of goodies and go figure my camera batteries are as dead as a door nail
will be back tonight to share i love everything she out did herself.so many cool things!

oh lol mine might go out next week im still adding things geez

jordankittyjo

jordankittyjo
Bessemer, AL
(Zone 8b)

May 20, 2010
6:49 AM

Post #7810073

liz, i'm glad you liked everything

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 20, 2010
10:40 AM

Post #7810789

Before the weekend, Betty? Oh my... if I know this lady... she'll be ultra shock when she gets her package! Hope she doesn't need someone to give her CPR!! Nope.. don't you worry Betty... she's pretty tough and can take happy surprise well.

Liz, you should be the first to get your RWB as you're the first to sign up!! When was that... August 1st. of last year??

Hurry and show off what Sis Kathy got you!

This message was edited May 20, 2010 12:41 PM

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 20, 2010
11:30 AM

Post #7810947

Jaye it must be fun you knowing who has who???? Confident she'll like!!! lol

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 20, 2010
11:46 AM

Post #7811024

Betty, Kel may pick the names, but it's me that has to do the rest here.
Yep, you could say, it's the only advantage I have!

I've never known anyone not thrilled when getting something from you, dear lady.

Counting the days to Buttertarts..

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 20, 2010
1:09 PM

Post #7811214

I've got that on my list of 'to do's'
lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

May 20, 2010
6:12 PM

Post #7812042

ok lol finally loaded the batteries

love the tee shirt and Kathy you must of been reading my mind i was looking at those table cloths, oh and the wind chimes are darling cool hat and welcome sign and the plaque and the towel and hot pad there so cute oh and look at the little statues aren't they adorable!

thank you soooo much ! this must be my lucky week i got my wonderful box and am going to get a second smooth coat fox terrier this weekend depending if they get along
but im still going to get a wire hair fox as soon as someone has a litter for sale.

Thumbnail by lizrainey

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

May 20, 2010
10:59 PM

Post #7812639

Red, White, and Blue - ti - ful !!!!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 21, 2010
3:40 AM

Post #7812733

Oh LIz, you'll look fabulous wearing that t-shirt...you are all set now for decorating for July 4th...

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 21, 2010
9:35 AM

Post #7813722

I like those statues.
Liz, so you're prepared to be proud on July 4 in that shirt.
Good job, Sis Kathy!!

I know you're a good mama Liz. Any furkids will be so lucky to have you.
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

May 21, 2010
11:29 AM

Post #7814049

Great box, and so many others to go. I may just have to mail mine Mon., been looking at it for some time now, sealed and ready to go.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

May 22, 2010
10:41 AM

Post #7816986

Y'all need to check this out!!

http://www.hornbyeagles.com/webcam.htm
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

May 22, 2010
1:13 PM

Post #7817306

Now I'm sitting here watcing the Eagle & her eggs...
At least she turned around so I can see her head.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 22, 2010
7:32 PM

Post #7818294

Uh oh, I got lost again, finally found the stars and am happy to join everyone.

Congrats, lizrainey being the 1st recipient...what wonderful RWB items especially for you!
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

May 24, 2010
5:08 AM

Post #7821979

Found so many nice RWB items at the shops in Williamsburg. Most of my shopping was already done but I did pick up a couple goodies for my swap partner.

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 24, 2010
7:01 AM

Post #7822288

Good morning everyone!

Jean.. some of us here can readily admit to an addiction to RWB!!!
You are so lucky to be living in an historic area. Bet you scored some highly unique treasures.

Sorry I was MIA yesterday. Had a very full day and hopefully back to normal in a while.

Have a beautiful day everyone and hopefully someone this week will have a smiling face!

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

May 24, 2010
7:02 AM

Post #7822293

Please remember Colt in your prayers. He is now deploying June 2. Getting my fence up this week so I can start hanging those ribbons.
love, julie

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 24, 2010
8:00 AM

Post #7822469

I'm sure you have a heavy heart Julie, keep in faith, we're praying for Colt, now it lies with the Lord! good luck with the fence...

Is it a holiday in USA today? Perhaps if it's not then my swap friend just might get her package...

I'm off, enjoying sunshine, have all my panels done for my little (ooops not so little- frame looked too small and I kept enlarging) flower shed..omg when put together maybe I can rent it out..goodness knows where I'll be able to set it, likely have to give it away..lol anyway, that's all the construction that will be done in this yard today..might cut grass then sit and enjoy..

Jean, somebody is going to be thrilled with your choices..anxious to see the boxes arrive..

Be back later to see if it's arrived...

If

jordankittyjo

jordankittyjo
Bessemer, AL
(Zone 8b)

May 24, 2010
8:11 AM

Post #7822506

betty, the holiday is next monday-memorial day. today is victoria day in canada

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 24, 2010
9:36 AM

Post #7822749

hmmm have to go look to see if I took home the tracking #..it still might arrive ... I'm more anxious to see if she likes than anything else..too much fun...and yes, having a wonderful long weekend, to bad today is the last day...been fun playing and working on a swap...

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

May 24, 2010
9:51 AM

Post #7822806

Yes, I have a heavy heart! I made cookies for him yesterday and bought his birthday things this morning. Have to get them out in tomorrow's mail so he will get them before he deploys. His birthday is June 11. I bought him gummy bears because he loves them. They will undoubtedly melt into a "gummy glob" while being mailed, but last time he told me, "I still ate them. Just had to take one bite at a time!"

I am so ready to put up my fence! I want to go home and do it now. I have some red, white, and blue plants for it. I have a white coral vine, a blue thunbergia, and a red clematis for the arbor. Might get a red dipladenia to plant on the arbor, too. I want to put a bottle brush, some black and blue salvia, and some white salvia for the border. Probably throw in some white and red petunias and some blue daze for ground cover. I have most of these plants at my old house, so I'll only have to buy the annuals.

Will post pics as I get going.
love, julie
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 24, 2010
7:21 PM

Post #7824437

I can't imagine what you must be feeling, Julie, with Colt deploying again. You're both in my thoughts and prayers, along with the rest of your family as you settle into your new home. I'd love to see pics of the ribbons on your new fence. And I think the plants you've chosen will make a perfect Patriotic garden.

Today I found the last RWB item for a very special Friend, it was exactly what I'd hoped for. OK, Buddy, I hope you didn't hear me whoop "yahoo" all the way to...

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 25, 2010
3:31 AM

Post #7825076

FOTV...???? you didn't finish where is was being mailed to??? lol

Sun is beaming through the window here, can hardly see the screen, another gorgeous day..the perfect weather for boating..geeze, why is my boat still waiting on being put in the water, could have said I was 'sick/sick' drats to that...

Over the last few days we lost another 2 soldiers...prayers for their families please!

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

May 25, 2010
6:14 AM

Post #7825336

FOTV, will start posting pics as soon as I can. I plan to set the fence posts tomorrow. Then I can just put the fence and the arbor up Thursday and Friday, and start planting on Saturday. Since it is not a big fence, just 2 8-foot sections with the arbor in the middle, I can do it fairly quickly. And I will be able to plant on both sides of the fence. It is more for beauty than function, meaning the fence will serve no purpose other than being devoted to my son and other troops! And that's the great thing about it!

Betty, so sorry to hear about the loss of the two soldiers. Breaks my heart every time I hear it.

I am managing well right now knowing that Colt is leaving next week. But with Memorial Day and his birthday being so close to his deployment date, I'll be a teary moma next week! I so wish I could see him before he leaves!

Almost finished gathering things for my box. Hope to get it mailed out next Monday or Tuesday.

love to all, julie

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 25, 2010
6:29 AM

Post #7825386

Sounds as though you will be busy Julie and that's not a bad thing! It will certainly keep you from feeling down as you plant those gorgeous R/W/B flowers...

Hmmmm that Barb is so enabling, wouldn't you know she sent me a link with a project that I might consider doing for the 2011 swap..lol...she knows me well..I'm always looking for ideas and this one was adorable..

Thanks Barb

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 25, 2010
12:28 PM

Post #7826504

Bettyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!
Check the tracking # please. I'm curious as to whether your special RWB got to your buddy!!! Ohhh I hope so!!
Well I'm glad that it's you that Barb sent the potential project link to!! She knows how you need to be gainfully occupied 24/7 :D
But you could give us a sneak peek as to what she sent you.

Julie, that RWB garden will keep your mind on beautiful and peaceful thoughts. That fence will be the most purposeful in your neighbourhood.
When worries set in, just know that so many are praying for him.

Yes Betty, prayers said for the soldiers' families too.

We haven't brought our troops home, and now we might be preparing for another war. Truly hope not..

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 25, 2010
12:51 PM

Post #7826590

Jaye, you are as bad as me for the waiting on delivery..odd, checked the tracking and said it was in USA May 20th but that's the last entry, now from past experience, usually the individual receives it before I see notice of delivery..

Usually I'd be thinking 'perhaps she didn't like it!' BUT I know that is not the case with what I sent...so either she hasn't received it or she's away..

If I show you what she sent then you'd know what it would be next year now wouldn't you???...ahhh most likely make it for something else so can share...

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 25, 2010
1:00 PM

Post #7826609

USA Patriotic Angel..isn't she something

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 25, 2010
1:01 PM

Post #7826613

ROFL!!!
I've already stashed enough RWB for the next 2 years!!! N I'm still getting more Betty!!

Yes please.. indulge my curiosity. Dmail me the link!

Well, your buddy's been showing up on other threads, and no squeals from her yet. So that box must be in transit still.

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 25, 2010
1:02 PM

Post #7826618

Ohhh that's so cute.. we cross posted.
You could do for all seasons too!! I see an Easter.. Thanksgiving.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 25, 2010
1:07 PM

Post #7826655

When I saw it it reminded me of St.Nicholas that I painted holding a star, much the same design

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 25, 2010
1:12 PM

Post #7826670

That should be easy peasy for you Betty.
Me, I got to paint by numbers. :((

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 25, 2010
1:31 PM

Post #7826727

You give me too much credit Jaye...

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 25, 2010
1:42 PM

Post #7826762

Just the truth..
(do I get more buttertarts?)

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 25, 2010
2:34 PM

Post #7827005

double for you my friend...

jordankittyjo

jordankittyjo
Bessemer, AL
(Zone 8b)

May 25, 2010
2:40 PM

Post #7827035

i gotta ask,...
what are buttertarts
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

May 25, 2010
2:46 PM

Post #7827051

Wow Boy! Just mailed a R.W.&B. LARGE flat rate box...Watch your mail!
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

May 25, 2010
3:17 PM

Post #7827128

my box is going out tomorrow afternoon. Figure my buddy can start with Memorial Day!!!!

jordankittyjo

jordankittyjo
Bessemer, AL
(Zone 8b)

May 25, 2010
3:20 PM

Post #7827142

i gotta ask,...
what are buttertarts

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 25, 2010
3:51 PM

Post #7827247

They are a Canadian favorite, various kinds, my favorite is raisin and cranberry..sent some to Marion a few months ago as she was missing her sweet treat, will be bringing some for everyone for the Ohio reunion..not dietary for sure..lol

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

May 25, 2010
3:57 PM

Post #7827267

Are they bite size? they look like the nut cups we make at Christmas. Way too many calories but boy are they GOOD!!! Now I'm thinking nut & dried cranberry would be a great combination...

jordankittyjo

jordankittyjo
Bessemer, AL
(Zone 8b)

May 25, 2010
4:08 PM

Post #7827303

yeah, nut and cranberry, minus the raisons
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

May 25, 2010
6:26 PM

Post #7827705

Kathy, you won't like them--trust me!! LOL

Wait a minute Miz Jaye, don't you go flattering Betty in an effort for more tarts!! I told you it is an acquired taste and I am positively, undeniable certain you will NOT acquire that taste. As I told Kathy, trust me!!! ;-)

Jean, they are about 3-4 bites and they are very similar to what we make as pecan tassies but better. Oh calories? None, never, nada.
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

May 26, 2010
2:30 AM

Post #7828502

Well, guess I'll have to go north & try Betty's then south & try Marion's!!!!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 26, 2010
6:07 AM

Post #7828789

Sure are yummy in the tummy, drats, think I'll have to get off this diet while we're having fun together at the reunion..

Hmm can your flat boxes be shipped to Canada?
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

May 26, 2010
9:19 AM

Post #7829418

Oh Jean you are more than welcome but mine are more like pecan tarts. Now again I will repeat, you will not, no, never like those Betty has. Is it working yet? LOL

Diet? Betty, surely you jest!
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

May 26, 2010
12:09 PM

Post #7829970

My box has been mailed. Afterward I realized I never put the card in.

What/where is this activity/gathering in ohio????

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 26, 2010
12:53 PM

Post #7830105

OK, think the USA border swap patrol have my package...should have been there long before now..drats and more drats...
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

May 26, 2010
1:14 PM

Post #7830178

It is at joycet in Franklin Ohio the 26th of June. A group of us got together last year in Texas and this year we go to Ohio, 2011will be in Chicago; 2012 in Victoria Harbour, Ontario and 2013 here as best I can remember. It isn't my home but I am sure anyone is welcome to join us.
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

May 26, 2010
1:18 PM

Post #7830194

If it were OH, closer to PA, I was going to try to get up there to meet some of you.
O'm hoping my buddy gets to use her goodies this weekend.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

May 26, 2010
1:36 PM

Post #7830272

Jean it is in Ohio. Did I misunderstand?
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

May 26, 2010
6:02 PM

Post #7831249

I have family it Pittsburgh, PA, and also Columbus, OH, so was hoping this gathering was near one of those locations. So, no, you aren't confused. I was just thinking in partial thoughts.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

May 26, 2010
6:51 PM

Post #7831451

LOL then I should have been able to understand as my children say I do that quiet often. Would be wonderful if you could join us.l Meeting you in person would just add to the lovely get together.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

May 27, 2010
5:38 AM

Post #7832474

I want you to know that I have my swap name and will be sending shortly. After that - who knows????

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 27, 2010
6:09 AM

Post #7832521

Drats and more drats..went to the post office to post another swap, asked why my parcel sent 2 weeks ago would not have been received..told her what I was getting on the tracking and she said 'it's sitting at customs I would imagine' so dear swap pal, so sorry you don't have it by now..Problem 1: odd shape 2: 1/2 roll of packers tape lol sooo what a time they'll have putting it back together...or not!!!

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 27, 2010
10:09 AM

Post #7833223

Oh it would be so nice to see you Jean, at Cookie's.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1098583/

Jean.. Barb.. you don't mess around do you?

I have to find another bigger box. Hope to get it out next week!!

Betty, 2 and a half rolls???? Better not be a cadaver in there!!!
Priority flat rate boxes are allowed for international shipping too.
http://www.usps.com/prices/priority-mail-international-prices.htm

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 27, 2010
11:11 AM

Post #7833450

Jaye, was just joking, when she said she sent a flat rate box I thought, hmmm, that leave me out as recipient but guess not...I'm sooo annoyed that my parcel hasn't arrived but more so worried about how they'll get it back together if they open it..

One more swap and I'm caught up, can't join the plant swaps, the border patrol would really be on guard...

Does it seem there are less 'swaps' or is it me? keep surfing looking for more..lol

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

May 27, 2010
12:56 PM

Post #7833779

my box will be out in the mail tomorrow, sure I hope my items meet "the standards"

Samigal

Samigal
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA
(Zone 10b)

May 27, 2010
3:30 PM

Post #7834249

Mailman came to my door with a package. Does anyone recognize it?

Thumbnail by Samigal

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 27, 2010
3:35 PM

Post #7834258

Looks like Betty's lost package!

Samigal

Samigal
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA
(Zone 10b)

May 27, 2010
3:38 PM

Post #7834266

Yes, my RW&B swap from the very talented BettyPauze. Well, it took me a long time to open it, she had it wrapped so nothing would tear it open. LOL

I was so surprised to find some very great gifts, a birdhouse, some wall decorations, a sign saying "America Home of the Brave" a hanging for over a door, a small American Flag, and a large American Flag that measures 46" by 28" and I love it all. I had to take a few pictures so here goes:

Thumbnail by Samigal

Samigal

Samigal
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA
(Zone 10b)

May 27, 2010
3:39 PM

Post #7834272

Here is picture of beautiful flag.

Thumbnail by Samigal

Samigal

Samigal
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA
(Zone 10b)

May 27, 2010
3:40 PM

Post #7834274

Another of all the great presents

Thumbnail by Samigal

Samigal

Samigal
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA
(Zone 10b)

May 27, 2010
3:43 PM

Post #7834285

Thank you so much Betty, I really love it all!!!

Pegi

Now I better box up my "stuff" for my swap buddy and get it sent off.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 27, 2010
4:28 PM

Post #7834448

Was starting to fret, you know me, worry wort...I always particularly enjoy this swap..means a lot to me..yes I know I'm not a USA Citizen but you would think I am!!!

Did enjoy making the rag quilt flag, actually, wanted to keep it for myself...

Bet you just shook your head when you saw that package bundled up..lol..I kept trying to find a box that would fit the door wreath hanger (by the way, almost did a wreath before thinking about the blanket), and in order to do so I would have cost an arm and a leg to post, so thought I'd save on postage by wrapping in paper and tape, ah well, I'm sure as you cut away little areas you might have had an oooh and an ahhh..

It was my priveledge to do something special..so glad you liked my treasures..

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 27, 2010
5:41 PM

Post #7834614

I'm having the oohs and the aaahs!!
Wowser Pegi!! Awesome work Betty!!
Did you pain that sign?? You sure don't need my help in spelling.
Love, love that rag flag. I might do one for myself.

Betty, you have more love for this country than some natural born Americans.
Proud to call you Honorary American.

jsxtiger

jsxtiger
(jax) Dundalk, MD
(Zone 7a)

May 27, 2010
6:03 PM

Post #7834663

wow...the early birds are out!!!! received a loverly package from qwilter, taday. it included:

a beautiful RWB weaved tote
tablemat
paper napkins
dish towel
spatula
socks
garden gloves
pocket size book re Constitution
soap dispenser
pencil

Thank you so much. luving it all!

Thumbnail by jsxtiger

Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

May 27, 2010
6:08 PM

Post #7834676

Jax - wow it sure was a quick trip across the bridge to your house!!!! Hope you can put it all to good use.

Samigal

Samigal
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA
(Zone 10b)

May 27, 2010
6:16 PM

Post #7834697

Betty, I can't wait to show off my rag quilt flag to family and friends. I'm glad you didn't keep it for yourself. When I saw the pkg. was from you I just knew they was something handmade in it just for ME. Just can't thank you enough.

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 27, 2010
6:55 PM

Post #7834822

Now Barb, where did you find that adorable tote?
Liking everything I see there.

Jax, that tote is big enough to carry all your 'essentials' eh?

Good job Barb!! You done made Jax a very happy woman!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 27, 2010
7:48 PM

Post #7834997

That tote bag and rag rug are beautiful tributes. Whaaaa, when am I gonna ever get y'all for a buddy? LOL

All kidding aside, I'd like to wish each of you a Happy Memorial Day...remember what the day is all about. Also early wishes for Canada Day July 1st and our Independence Day July 4th. I wasn't able to have kids but have been touched by so many stories of your loved ones who have or are currently serving in the Armed Forces. My late Dad served in the Navy in WW2 on a tiny ship in Japan and my neighbor's daughter has had three tours in Iraq. You all make me SO proud to be an American!

Let's have a BLAST in July and continue the celebration...come on over if you haven't already. The more the merrie:.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1101690/

Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

May 28, 2010
3:41 AM

Post #7835468

Actually the tote is from Jean (qwilter) not Barb (quilter5bdrs). I'm the taller of the 2 of us!!!! Actually, Barb is the only DGer I've met.

That tote is actually from WM. I was looking for the RWB socks and there, in the next section, I saw more RWB and it was the bag, that I knew would be the perfect finishing touch to the rest I'd been collecting. Came in other colors also!!!!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

May 28, 2010
4:43 AM

Post #7835517

Thanks for setting Jaye straight Jean. Yes Jaye - there ARE two of us ---named Qwilter and Quilter5. Jean and I had the priviledge of meeting almost 2 years ago and we had a really fun day shopping at some local quilt stores down on the Mass, NH line. She is so lovely and just a lot of fun. I received my package from Faye -Dahtzu which I will show in a separate post. Truly amazing!!!!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

May 28, 2010
4:47 AM

Post #7835523

Faye you have no idea how happy you have made both my DH and I. We had just arrived home from a LOOOOng day at the hospital for his PET scan and had received the news that he appears to be clean of his cancer. And then we opened your package. I was literally brought to tears by your thoughtfulness. What a wonderful collection you put together for me. I will show the full picture first and then break it down.

Thumbnail by Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

May 28, 2010
4:53 AM

Post #7835531

This is what she sent!!!!
A fleece throw, a painted Tea Candle Lamp, 14 post=it Stars and a Happy 4th Banner

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

May 28, 2010
4:55 AM

Post #7835536

Then there was a Home Sweet Home towel, A Love America plaque, RWB beads,
RWB heart paperweight and an American flag pin.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

May 28, 2010
4:57 AM

Post #7835538

And then there were two crocheted RWB squares, a RWB teddy, a RWB Hat Candle holder, A ribbon with Celebrate stars and the most wonderful handmade card.
BUT WAIT - There's MORE!!!!!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

May 28, 2010
4:59 AM

Post #7835542

And this!!! This brought both Norm and I to tears as we both just LOVE the bald eagle. He holds such promise to all of us...

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

May 28, 2010
5:01 AM

Post #7835550

We both can't thank you enough Faye for such a wonderful collection that represents this country that we hold so dear. May God Bless You my friend and a thank you from the bottom of our hearts...

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 28, 2010
6:03 AM

Post #7835627

Wow, sure are some patriotic goodies received...stained glass piece is spectacular...
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

May 28, 2010
6:08 AM

Post #7835633

That Eagle is PHENOMINAL!!!! Where can I purchase one????

I received 2 Quilts of Valor tops yesterday so will be quilting those this weekend. And I plan to cut some RWB fabric for a couple quilt tops.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 28, 2010
6:15 AM

Post #7835650

Jean, do you have a quilting machine..yikes, maybe I can send you my tops and pay for quilting...
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

May 28, 2010
6:17 AM

Post #7835655

Yes I do!!!! I have an HQ-16 that I've been "playing" with for 2 1/2 years now.
Betty, dmail me if you are interested in knowing more.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

May 28, 2010
9:55 AM

Post #7836191

some awesome goodies !

and here are some very nice RWB quilts...for inspiration...
http://quilting.about.com/od/picturesofquilts/ig/Patriotic-Quilts-Gallery/

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 28, 2010
10:27 AM

Post #7836297

Ooops.. sorry Jean!!!!

What treasures Faye graced you with Barb!! I want that stained glass eagle.

Faye, share with us where you get that eagle from. I can see it hanging in my sunroom.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 28, 2010
2:14 PM

Post #7837100

Wow, look at all the beautiful goodies arriving!
Love all the pressies, and yes, I would love to know where the eagle came from also!

Betty, that rag quilt is so pretty, where did you get the blue fabric with the stars?

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 28, 2010
2:49 PM

Post #7837187

No blue fabric with stars Linda Kay, I took the white flannel and with my accuquilt (has 3 different sizes of stars) I doubled it, then I did sew it to the blue flannel blocks and then clipped each star so it would rag...

Samigal

Samigal
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA
(Zone 10b)

May 28, 2010
6:29 PM

Post #7837826

What wonderful RW&B gifts, so thrilling to be able to see what everyone gets. Those eagles are so beautiful!!

Today I had to stop the mailman and show him the flag Betty made. He said, "She really did a good job", yep she sure did.

Jaye, I've been back here a lot, but just haven't posted. I just have to see what is going on all the forums I'm interested in.

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 28, 2010
7:15 PM

Post #7838004

Betty, I was shown at my fav. quilting store a demo of Accuquilt Go. I'm impressed with the square dyes for rag quilts. Fraying's done for you.
I might get one after the reunion, just for the convenience of doing charm squares and jelly rolls!!!

Pegi, I bet you will be showing that flag to more than just the mailman!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 29, 2010
3:27 AM

Post #7838704

So glad that you are enjoying the flag Pegi..it was made in honor of your country..to me it represent 'FREEDOM' something both neighbouring countries fight for...

Jaye, the accuquilt isn't something I use everyday but it is something when I get back into sewing that I'm sure I'll make use of..already doing all the rag quilts for the kiddies for Christmas has paid for itself in my NOT having to rag each square...can't find the new dye for Canadians here yet..has mapleleaf, acorn, angular running trim...might have to order it on-line.. go for it girl..you sew a lot so you'll enjoy!

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 30, 2010
1:20 AM

Post #7841588

Memorial Poem
A day set aside,
For all veterans who died.
Who fought in any war,
And now who are no more.
So we wave our flags tall,
Whether they are big or small
With stripes of red and wite
It stands for what's right.
So come with me,
And honor those who let us be free.

Emily Matthews age 9. 2007

Thumbnail by heavenscape

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 30, 2010
1:25 AM

Post #7841590

"We sleep safe in our beds because tough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
~~~Orwell

Thumbnail by heavenscape

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 30, 2010
1:33 AM

Post #7841592

An American Soldier

I was that what others did not want to be.
I went went where others feared to go.
I did what others failed to do.
I asked nothing from those who gave nothing.
I solemly accepted the thought of eternal loneliness and despair.
I have seen the faces of evil, felt the sting of hate and terror.
I have cried prayed and hope, and most of all
I have lived times where others would say where best forgotten.
At least I'm able to say, that I am proud of what I am.
I am an American Soldier.

Thumbnail by heavenscape

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 30, 2010
4:03 AM

Post #7841646

AMEN!
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

May 30, 2010
4:04 AM

Post #7841651

When I was cleaning out my Mom's house last year, in the back of the bedroom closet I found an old tablecloth. I remember it used to be my Grandmothers. Unfolded it to find a flag & dog tags. It was the flag from my Uncle who was killed in WW II. For years no one in the family could figure out who had it/where it was.
What I found interesting was that his Mother's name was on the dog tags. The serviceman would tell them who the "emergency contact" was & that was added to the dog tags.

May we never forget those who made the ultimate sacrifice to keep us a free country. May we always remember what they were fighting for.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 30, 2010
4:44 AM

Post #7841711

Beautiful...about 10 years ago I saw something in a USA Legion that paid tribute to the lost...I as a thank you to our Canadian Forces did go and set up a corner in the MacTier Legion to depict what was in the poem..

Let me go see if I can find it..

Of course, I added a Canadian Flag as well...

This message was edited May 30, 2010 7:51 AM

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 30, 2010
4:49 AM

Post #7841719

"We have a white cloth that honors a soldier's pure heart,
the lemon slice on a plate shows a captive soldier's bitter fate!

A grain of salt on a plate for the tears the families waiting for their loved ones to return.

The empty chair to the table for the missing soldiers who are not there.

We have a black napkin for the sorrow of captivity.

We have a red rose in a vase tied with a red ribbon for the hope that all missing will return some day."

Forever may there be a candle waiting for the return of those fighting for our freedom!"

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 30, 2010
4:55 AM

Post #7841741

Ooops forgot the photo of the original...

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 30, 2010
6:58 AM

Post #7841974

What touching poems, stories and tributes!

How's your fence coming, froggies?

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 30, 2010
2:29 PM

Post #7843265

Jean, we are indeed very lucky that this country had never been invaded by another.. just the pocket terrorists' acts.
WW2 was a bad memory for my family in Singapore of their Japanese invaders.
That was one history the current Japanese govt. tried to 'white wash'. That their old govt. had never been cruel to their captives and many were just 'lies'.. Of course the countries that they once terrorized protested to that.
We must at all times keep history alive so that the future generations will learn at what cost freedom comes with.

Betty, that is one awesome tribute.. yes we still have may empty chairs..

Sunday is a day when church occupies my time. Got through morning service, and we're off again for the evening service.
Not missing this one as the children will have special performance for Memorial Day.

God Bless America!!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

May 30, 2010
4:29 PM

Post #7843562

Smiling at your table Betty. When my Air Force son got married back in '97 he also had a table with the chairs closed against the table and the MIA/POW flag prominently displayed on it. It was so touching...I'll never forget it.

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 31, 2010
6:49 AM

Post #7845186

God Bless Canada too!!

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

June 1, 2010
11:21 AM

Post #7848893

Mailed my buddy's package today ^_^

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 1, 2010
11:08 PM

Post #7850824

My box went out Saturday morning...so it probably did not leave the post office until Tuesday,

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

June 2, 2010
3:19 AM

Post #7850982

Sorry that I've been MIA! I got a really bad sinus infection. After I slept for 2 days, my oldest daughter finally figured out that I was dehydrated and that's why I couldn't stay awake. She has me back on my feet now, but I'm still a little weak. Haven't even had a chance to start on my fence, but it will come together this weekend when I feel stronger.

I have my box ready but I think I'm going to wait until next Monday to mail. We are having a Red, White, and Blue-berry festival Saturday! I'm so excited about it! Hope to find some R, W, and B things there!

Everyone take care! love, julie

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

June 2, 2010
6:05 AM

Post #7851248

You best look after yourself Julie..the fence will come in it's own time...

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 3, 2010
6:47 AM

Post #7854622

Good morning fellow countrywomen!
Julie, have fun at the festival, and remind yourself to drink every hour.
Flush out the toxins too.

Wonder who will be next to get a box.

Have a beautimous day everyone!

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

June 3, 2010
6:59 AM

Post #7854649

Well it could very well be my buddy. She should get it today ^_^

jordankittyjo

jordankittyjo
Bessemer, AL
(Zone 8b)

June 3, 2010
8:21 AM

Post #7854888

WHO? ME!!!!
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 3, 2010
1:10 PM

Post #7855683

So sorry I have been AWOL! PC has been in shop all week and just got it back today.
Quilter5bdsr, so glad you liked your gift, it was a pleasure to send it to you.
The Eagle and several of the other items came from Cracker Barrel.
mcrochet
Marilyn Glen st. Mar, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 3, 2010
2:26 PM

Post #7855884

Jaye, please mark me as received, and did I have a great partner! It was barefoot! and she sent some really super great things, I dmailed her to let her know it arrived, and I am going to try to take pics later this evening and get them posted asap.
I will be celebrating the 4th in style! :) happy camper here. and it came on a day I needed a lift the most.
thank you again barefoot. You did great!
bb soon with photos.
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 3, 2010
3:41 PM

Post #7856238

That Eagle is from Cracker barrel???? I'll be. Now I'll need to go looking.
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 3, 2010
6:56 PM

Post #7856738

Qwilter, good luck. I got the Eagle last year after it was put on sale, only one the Henderson Cracker Barrel had.
ddbydeb
Summerville, SC
(Zone 9b)

June 4, 2010
12:23 PM

Post #7858781

Oh I just got my package in from Purpbutfly! I have been down sick and I sure cheered up a ton when I saw it and then even more when I opened it up!
Just look at what she sent I am so thrille dwith everything! My fave is the windchimes no the light up flag , no the streamers well OK they ALL are my faves LOL! Thank you so much!!!! I hope my swap partner likes thiers half as much as I like what I got. It is fun lookign for things!
Thank yo so much Cindy!
Deb B

Thumbnail by ddbydeb

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 4, 2010
12:36 PM

Post #7858849

Deb I love those kitchen towels!!!! But I'll be inclined not to use them.. don't want anything soiling on anything Americana!! Lol!!
Good job Cindy! Streamer will look good in MY garden ;)

Hey Marilyn.. where are you.. waiting on your promised picture...

Good luck in looking for the eagle Jean. I've been shopping at Cracker Barrell and apparently they all don't sell the same stuffs. The one at Myrtle Beach doesn't have the eagle, even last year. If not, I'd snap it up!!

My box is leaving next week.

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

June 4, 2010
1:45 PM

Post #7859046

Deb, I'm glad you like everything. But I wished I had waited a couple of more days :( Was in K-mart and they have some of the cutest t-shirts for the 4th of July DRATS!!!!! Anyhooo again glad you liked the stuffs
ddbydeb
Summerville, SC
(Zone 9b)

June 4, 2010
7:55 PM

Post #7859822

Cindy Girl you are too much LOL! I do believe you sent PLENTY! I will use my towels too :) and the streamer will look way better in MY garden LOL! I was torn between waiting for it to be closer to the 4th before using everything but decided I would jump in and decorate some early LOL! The little wind chimes are going out along the back porch along a couple of the rafters on the roof on Saturday and the big wind chime will hang on one corner of the porch roof. The light up flag I will keep hidden from my grands when they come over or it will run out before the 4th if July LOL!
Thank you again I love it all!
Deb B
http://www.ddbydeb.com

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 4, 2010
7:58 PM

Post #7859830

Oh Deb.. I wish I'm living closer. Would love to attend one of your classes.
ddbydeb
Summerville, SC
(Zone 9b)

June 4, 2010
8:06 PM

Post #7859842

Wll if you ever plan a trip make sure you stop by and see me!
Deb :)

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

June 4, 2010
9:30 PM

Post #7860017

WOW!!! Deb you're great and you know Donna Dewberry. Man I want to paint like that. I just got myself the Brushstroke handbook
Dimmer
( Kim) Zion, IL
(Zone 5a)

June 5, 2010
2:49 AM

Post #7860220

W ell Hello Girls I guess you wonder weare I've been WORKING WORKING WORKING 12 hours 6 days they say we may go on strike so they want to get alot of work I have to go to work today and what a mess I work I thought Grand Ave was bad but I am working on 83 and 173 and it is non stop cars and we only have 1 lane but I do have to go to work so I just want you to no thaT i Am hoping that my package will get to my good buddy by Today will check bad eveyone bee safe
Miss you all
Kimmy( aka) flamingo Kim

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

June 5, 2010
9:07 AM

Post #7860877

Deb, have to go in search of Donna's painting I got from her...know it's somewhere in my studio..will try to locate it to show you...

One stroke is a lot of fun, I've done 6 weddings, one stroke wine glasses so have the rose and vines down to perfection..lol.. after 1,000 glasses one should have right?

This fall theme for the wine glasses matched coloring of the bouquet...just brush work, nothing in detail..always fun to go back to one stroke every once in awhile..lol..

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 5, 2010
10:15 AM

Post #7861025

Betty, you just NEVER cease to AMAZE me !!!!!!!!
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 5, 2010
10:17 AM

Post #7861031

Boy would I love to paint...any kind of way except mine LOL love the glass.
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 5, 2010
12:35 PM

Post #7861336

Painting is one thing I just could never figure out. Everything I do looks like a 3rd grader's work.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

June 5, 2010
2:29 PM

Post #7861652

You girls have it wrong, just as Debbie said, everyone can paint, you just have to want to...I have seniors that I teach in one of my classes and lordy, what beautiful pieces they do...infact they've moved on to trompe l'oeil and are loving it...

It's following guidelines, step 1/step 2/step 3...

Always say step 2 is the 'ugly stage' that's when most people give up on it, had they continued to step 3 well they'd fall in love with painting and never stop...

My husband, God bless his soul used to say if he stood in one place too long, I'd paint something on him..lol
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 5, 2010
3:44 PM

Post #7861812

Betty, Betty, Betty! Do you do online teaching? PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Faye

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 5, 2010
4:29 PM

Post #7861885

Faye, you're much too humble!!!!

Well I got my box from my buddy, Kim.
Love you Kim for taking your time to do a great box.. knowing how busy you are. Will post pics after church tomorrow.
Gotta grab batteries!!!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 5, 2010
4:37 PM

Post #7861899

Look at the nice pressie Cindy sent! Bet those windchimes sound nice?
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 5, 2010
5:43 PM

Post #7862048

Copied...from Jaye .Faye, you're much too humble!!!!

ME, Humble, lol not so, just ask for what I want. And I was taught to say please. Remember on any plant , I beg very well.
Love you lady! now be nice lol

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 5, 2010
7:19 PM

Post #7862298

Na... nah.. Faye.
That's not what I meant. I know you're a very polite woman, but what I should have posted was.. this:
You're much too "modest"!!
Ah.. ha... my dear Faye, if my memory serves me right, I do recall you as one good artist too!!
:P
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 5, 2010
7:23 PM

Post #7862314

LOL, Goodness Jaye, me an artist! please tell me what and when. Honestly as far as painting, give me walls.

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 5, 2010
8:00 PM

Post #7862412

I may be wrong, Faye.. my apologies!!

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 6, 2010
2:54 PM

Post #7864588

Here they are!
Sorry if my skills at picture taking has gone awry... hard to balance oneself on one good foot!!!

Kimmy, thank you so much.
She gave me a citronella candle, a Believe pot holder and a pair of kitchen towels (too cute) and they are all spread on a round tablecloth.
Thanks Kimmy..that table cloth is exactly what I need for my round garden table that has been scarred by old paints!!
Oh yes, she surprised me with that "Rosie" T-shirt.. what a woman!! We can do anything actually without flexing our muscles ;)

Thumbnail by heavenscape

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 6, 2010
2:59 PM

Post #7864599

Tadaaaaa! And the piece de resistance... my own RWB apron!!!
With hearts and sunflowers ^_^
Thank you my sistah for remembering my love for aprons.
You've certainly made my heart happy with these precious gifts, and my 4th of July will be made more special when I don the apron to fix Kel my famous Cajun rice dressing for the bbq!!
Love you, Kimmy!

P.S.
I've been debating on whether to sew pockets on some aprons I'm doing, and there's your apron, telling me they are not necessary!! Only for smokers!!

Thumbnail by heavenscape

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 6, 2010
3:09 PM

Post #7864612

Jaye, those are lovely gifts. Love the apron, so pretty!

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 6, 2010
3:19 PM

Post #7864643

Thanks LK. Now you know, I love aprons!!
Each time I go to the flea market, I always look for some antique aprons. So far, I only found 2 worth collecting!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 6, 2010
3:32 PM

Post #7864678

I agree, thay are so hard to find!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

June 6, 2010
4:55 PM

Post #7864867

Somebody sure got spoilt...nothing like looking sweet in the kitchen...especially love the apron!
scooterbug
Tellico Plains, TN
(Zone 7b)

June 6, 2010
5:55 PM

Post #7865062

Just gotta say I came across this thread and read it all. What a wonderful group of caring and loving people y'all are. Makes my heart happy :-))

We are all blessed to have one another IMO,
~s

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 6, 2010
7:15 PM

Post #7865330

Betty, I don't know why I have this love for aprons.
My late mum cooked with a towel over her left shoulder and she always wore a top with a sarong. So an apron would be redundant.
Thought it could be the June Cleaver's influence;)

Scooterbug.. you've been a member of DG longer than all of us!! Your thoughts to this group, is truly heartwarming.
Indeed, I'm proud to say the caring is sincere here.
Pop in anytime!!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 6, 2010
7:16 PM

Post #7865335

Hey scooterbug, how are you doing? You will have to join us in the next swap we do.
scooterbug
Tellico Plains, TN
(Zone 7b)

June 6, 2010
8:47 PM

Post #7865612

Yeee Hawww !

edited to add ... I don't really have anything to trade right now but things should improve with time.
( when we moved I lost ALL of my plants that were waiting in the horse arena to be taken the 2nd trip down. New peeps left the big doors open over night and WI had an unexpected hard freeze . ZAP ! ! ! Nanas ee's fancy irises dayliles asatic lilies mini hosta collection brugs and cycads nthing but a memory now.)

This message was edited Jun 6, 2010 10:53 PM

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 7, 2010
5:18 AM

Post #7865993

So sorry to hear you lost everything! But you are in the right place for replacements. There are so many generous DG'ers here. Go to the right forums, and ask, and you shall recieve.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

June 7, 2010
6:33 AM

Post #7866201

How right you are LindaKay!!

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 7, 2010
8:52 AM

Post #7866635

That's the truth!!
Scooter, just post your request for donations in the appropriate forums, and you'll be surprised there are truly a bunch of kind DGers.

Next year, I will have to divide my daylilies, and please remind me. I tend to have CRS bad.

ddbydeb
Summerville, SC
(Zone 9b)

June 8, 2010
6:16 PM

Post #7871029

Jaye what an adorable apron you got! I to love aprons but have to say I love pockets LOL! I put eveythign under the sun in mine. I wear them all the time. I ama decorative artist and teach in them , demo my classes at the store in trhem ,garden in them and even cook in them too LOL! I bought a pattern a while back to make the most aforavle ones but for the life of me cannot find it now LOL! I may have loaned it next door. We are always passing things back and forth between us the chain link fence between us even has our veggies on each side we share with each other. Mine has Pepino and Lemon Cukes and hes has tomaotes (my cuke is trying to stangle her Sungold tomato at the moment LOL! I keep having to go and release the tomato from its clutches each day LOL! The pic if from last week it is a lot bigger now.
I hope my partner likes the stuff I am sending.
Deb B in SC
http://www.ddbydeb.com

Thumbnail by ddbydeb

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 9, 2010
10:00 AM

Post #7872633

Deb, you are so lucky to have a neighbour that you can trade veges with.
This year we won't have veges. For the past 2 years, we've been growing tomatoes, herbs and eggplants in strawbales as our soil is of the gumbo kind;)
I miss picking fresh vine riped cherry tomatoes. Last year, we had the yellow ones and they are soooo sweet.

I might have to teach myself Donna Dewberry's one stroke method!!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 9, 2010
5:24 PM

Post #7873871

Well tonight we harvested a cucumber from my DIL's garden and tomorrow I am sure we will be bringing home tomatoes. Great reward for checking daily and taking care of the 4 legged grandchildren also. My sister has some tomato plants that are only 6" tall and producing...micro plants I think she calls them. She sent one to my DIL and we did get a cherry tomato today. Not quite enough for a BLT for dinner though.
Dimmer
( Kim) Zion, IL
(Zone 5a)

June 9, 2010
5:29 PM

Post #7873889

I just recived a RW&B gift from Froggie but I am so tired and busy that the pictures will come later I thanked Julie personaly and just wanted you all to no I will be back with pictures
Hugs
Dimmer
Dimmer
( Kim) Zion, IL
(Zone 5a)

June 11, 2010
4:16 AM

Post #7877916

OK Here is all the stuff that Julie has sent me for the RW&B I just love everything
Thanks again Julie

Thumbnail by Dimmer

Dimmer
( Kim) Zion, IL
(Zone 5a)

June 11, 2010
4:19 AM

Post #7877920

Julie Has sent to me A CD withPatriotic Songs,Seed Yellow Marigolds for my Soldier Kitchen towles A Lighted Lantern RW&B
A AngleRW&B Stars

Thumbnail by Dimmer

Dimmer
( Kim) Zion, IL
(Zone 5a)

June 11, 2010
4:20 AM

Post #7877922

Rain day so I thought I put this up

Thumbnail by Dimmer

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 11, 2010
5:04 AM

Post #7877975

Look at all the pretties! Kim you have a day off? What will you do with all the time?
Dimmer
( Kim) Zion, IL
(Zone 5a)

June 11, 2010
5:13 AM

Post #7877991

I have to clean things I don't. I want to no if I have to go to work on Saturday if I don't make a fast trip to see my God son for graduation. Get my Subpump fix pick up some safety clothes from my brother. give the dog a bath water my inside plants but other than that rest Hope all is well with everyone
Hugs Kimmy

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 11, 2010
5:19 AM

Post #7878004

Is that all? LOL! Don't work to hard.

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

June 11, 2010
11:07 AM

Post #7879046

I'm back!
Dimmer, so glad you liked everything! Got the gnome at the last minute; how cute he is in red, white, and blue.

All of you are getting such nice gifts! Got some really thoughful and generous friends on this forum!

I am finally over my cold and sinus infection. Still got a little cough, but I feel so much better.

The Red, White, and Blueberry festival was "delicious." I got some things for the next swap I'm doing "From my neck of the woods." For myself, I got some blueberry preserves, some homemade cherry cake, and 2 plants. A red-leafed crinum and a firecracker plant.

Got my fence up and have been adding things each day in honor of Colt. He officially deployed Wednesday. His birthday is today, so I got up really early and posted a "happy birthday" to his Facebook.

Well, maybe my box will come soon! love to all, julie

Samigal

Samigal
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA
(Zone 10b)

June 11, 2010
12:14 PM

Post #7879215

My box will be a little late, now that the angiogram on DH is over I can consentrate on my swaps. Test went fine, no blockage so no stent or having to take blood thinners. All is ready to box up, just don't know why I find that such a hard thing to do, or is it just a lazy part of me acting up again. I'm sure it is the lazy part because that takes up almost 90%.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 11, 2010
12:33 PM

Post #7879269

Froggie, glad to hear your back home, and had a great time.
Pegi, glad to hear the angiogram came out good! Now onto the should surgery.

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 11, 2010
4:37 PM

Post #7879798

Good news there Pegi!!! PTL!!!! Extra prayers do help!!

Julie, you've made our Kimmy so very happy. Good job girl!!
I'm on Facebook too, you can add me if you want. It's under Jaye Blanchard. We'll continue to pray for Colt, and I truly hope his special day is a good one.

Haven't mailed my box yet. Will be first thing Tuesday morning. Love to keep my buddy in suspense!!

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 12, 2010
12:35 AM

Post #7880916

Happy Momma day Julie...well... IT IS our kids birthdays, that makes us Mommas

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

June 12, 2010
5:32 AM

Post #7881137

Sure does...I'm sure Julie your son knows how much you love and miss him..prayers for you both..

OMG what pretties you all are receiving...haven't got mine yet but there is absolutely no hurry, why is there no hurry? saving the best for last...just kidding, and sure it can't get better than all the patriotic items you've all received...

Had coffee on the back deck and on the side deck amongst the vines are my R/W/B swap items from previous years...always enjoy sitting in that area...

Rainy day, off to town to get more plants/shrubs and have my car serviced..going to Cookies at the end of the month and if I get it done while the weather is yuk it will mean one less thing to do when it's sunshine..

Of course in the mail was the pattern which you convert an old coffee tin into a sewing organizer so might have to stop into Fabricland ..nothing better than to sew when it's raining...

Enjoy your day everyone..

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 12, 2010
6:45 AM

Post #7881282

Morning Mamas, Patriots and Sistahs!!!
Betty, you must share with us that pattern.
We can always use extra sewing organizers. My table runneth!!
Yep doing the same today too.. off to my favorite LQS. Can't resist that darn email enticing me to the new line of RWB fabrics.

I know Betty and I will have a good day today. Hope you all are having the same too!!

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 14, 2010
1:53 PM

Post #7888260

I mailed out my goodies before the deadline!! Yayyyy!!
Now buddy, that box gonna be an odd shape. Had to use 2 boxes!! Hey.. as long as they're out of the house!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

June 14, 2010
5:22 PM

Post #7888895

Mailed mine last Sat...should be arriving soon.
ddbydeb
Summerville, SC
(Zone 9b)

June 14, 2010
10:18 PM

Post #7889658

Ready to mail mine! I had a time trying to the right size box LOL! Then I went to the PO to get Priority boxes and came home with the right size but the wrong type these are for FPO addresses so I have to go back tommorow and the Large Priority flat rate box. I also had everything in a box last night and then this morning remembered 2 other things I had picked up to go in it. This has been a fun exchange! I shared on of my wind chines I got with my neighbor next door. She eyed the metal red whie and blue one with longing but no way! LOL!
I put my red butterfly one right up on my ceiling fan and it drove my husband nuts so he took it down*sighs* So it will go on the back porch like I had planned when I first got it.
lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

June 15, 2010
5:24 AM

Post #7889950

gawd finally getting mine out today had to fabricate my box
sorry it took so long..
ddbydeb
Summerville, SC
(Zone 9b)

June 15, 2010
8:15 AM

Post #7890381

I am so behind in seeing what everyone has gotten and is doing1 I think I will live now after 3 weeks down for the most part. Everyone has gotten so many great things and Betty I love your glasses! How on earth do you keep from getting burnt out doing that many!
If you want a good book on One Stroke pick up Donna Dewberry’s One stroke Essentials Book. It is really a great book for beginners or Advanced. I practically have everything she has put out LOL!
Please jump in and try it or another method of painting you can do it all you have to do is try and then practice! And do not judge yourself so hard ladies. Everyone is always their won worst critic. They think that they should be able to do just like the teacher in one lesson. Heck I wish! :) Well OK I wish for me not the student cause then why would they need me any more LOL!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

June 15, 2010
8:52 AM

Post #7890485

Thanks Deb...do very little stroke work or primitive painting anymore..into Trompe L'oeil, realism...mostly paint with Genesis-heat set oils, do sketching (mostly family members) furniture and the likes..now when I need mass projects and can't spend but a little time on each item I revert to my strokes...

When I taught Donna Dewberry I had purchased all the plastic covered worksheets and all her books, there they sit in a corner..if anyone would like the stroke worksheets to practice on, just let me know...

Jaye, here's a photo of the tin can sewing organizer..

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

scooterbug
Tellico Plains, TN
(Zone 7b)

June 15, 2010
9:31 AM

Post #7890592

Awww that tin can organizer is so cute :)

A mini tool-apron that resembles the bigger ones you can buy for 5 gallon buckets.

This message was edited Jun 15, 2010 11:32 AM

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 15, 2010
9:34 AM

Post #7890605

Unashamely I scream "ME, Betty!!!" Please bring them with you and I'll reimburse the cost @ Cookie's.
I'll pick up the book on Amazon or Abebooks. I'm sure I can find a used one.

Great idea there, Betty. Instead of 5 gallon buckets, for the garden, sewn with vinyl.. you use a coffee can. That I can do.

It's excruciatingly hot here. Is it the same in Summerville? Can't understand how there are folks enjoying being roasted on the beach.

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 15, 2010
9:35 AM

Post #7890606

Hey there Scooter!! My BFF is complaining of the unusual heat in Lebanon, Tn.!!
scooterbug
Tellico Plains, TN
(Zone 7b)

June 15, 2010
9:46 AM

Post #7890634

OMGoddess ! this weather has been so out-of whack since we FINALLY got down here to our promise land last Oct.
Record breaking rain then abnormal cold Winter and now this swealtering high heat so early in the year ;
Our handy man ( Handy Andy )says I may get a hatemail saying Yankee go home and take all this nasty weather back with you.

I can handle the heat but my critters suffer and the ol'DH gets cranky-er.

southern by choice ;-P and lovin every minute of it

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 15, 2010
9:51 AM

Post #7890650

Hehehe.. old DH eh? My semi-octagenarian DH's somehow has lost his Southern charm with this heat, and guzzling Gatorade as though it's his life line!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 15, 2010
10:54 AM

Post #7890772

Well just so all you "transplants" feel better--this born and bred in the south person isn't liking the heat either!!! LOL
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 15, 2010
1:10 PM

Post #7891150

Well someone will be getting a little box this week. Humm, wonderful who it could be?

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

June 15, 2010
1:20 PM

Post #7891177

Shall it be me??? doubt it Marion, through process of deduction I would think if you had my name you'd just bring it along to Cookies..lol

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 15, 2010
1:28 PM

Post #7891194

Oooops.. that crossed me out too huh, Betty?
ROF!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 15, 2010
2:23 PM

Post #7891328

Frankly ladies I have CRS and I can't remember who or where I sent it. Sorry.

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

June 15, 2010
2:39 PM

Post #7891357

Oh darn Jaye!! You beat me too it. I was going to ask Betty for those practice sheets ^_^ Well good luck to ya Sistah hope you can master the one stroke.

And speaking of heat. We had a high of 88 here, Doug lives about 40 miles from me and he had 96. Today it is 75 with a nice breeze.

This message was edited Jun 15, 2010 1:41 PM

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

June 15, 2010
2:49 PM

Post #7891385

Cindy I'll look, maybe I have duplicates, might have as I taught it for quite some time and had to provide for class...

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

June 15, 2010
2:56 PM

Post #7891406

Do have duplicates, now if I can find time to go through my books I'm sure I've duplicates as well...

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

June 15, 2010
2:59 PM

Post #7891415

Oh wow Thank Betty that is so sweet of you.
ddbydeb
Summerville, SC
(Zone 9b)

June 15, 2010
4:18 PM

Post #7891600

Bety I have heard great things about Genesis. I bought the Traditons Acrylic Line to play with and learn more color theory with. Otherwise I stick pretty much to FA Acrylics although I have never found a good paint line that had a color I could turn down if they had a color that struck my fancy. Have you done any Maureen MacNaughton designs? Here is one of them I did at a SDP in Tampa a few years back. I love her techinque. I must have hundreds of painting books I am such an addict I swear and now I love the Cricut too so my cartridges collection is growing LOL!

Thumbnail by ddbydeb

scooterbug
Tellico Plains, TN
(Zone 7b)

June 15, 2010
4:51 PM

Post #7891703

[quote="heavenscape"]Unashamely I scream "ME, Betty!!!" I'll pick up the book on Amazon or Abebooks. I'm sure I can find a used one.[/quote]

Another good source for new or used books besides Abe's is
http://www.alibris.com/?cm_sp=header-_-logo-_-na

I save a ton o moneys getting textbooks from both of them .

This message was edited Jun 15, 2010 6:59 PM

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

June 15, 2010
6:41 PM

Post #7892003

Great job on the stroke work Debbie...

Deb, yes I've painted with Maureen, going to tell you it was when she just started out, had her come to my community to do a workshop..bet you didn't know she's from my neck of the woods... not but 40 miles away...

Of all the mediums I 've worked with, Genesis is the preferred medium...as well, I paint a lot of furniture.. sample attached..

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

June 15, 2010
6:47 PM

Post #7892019

This piece is done with genesis, it's about 30" wide...probably have another 2 or 3 hrs. to finish, have nowhere to put it so it's hung up until I decide what can be done with it...

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

June 15, 2010
6:48 PM

Post #7892021

Also do altered art..it's fun and an easy way of being less structured

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

June 15, 2010
6:55 PM

Post #7892058

Also have done a lot of batique..my favorite is the geranium I have hanging in the living room..kind of modern art..

Hard to change from the painting that you most feel comfortable in to something totally foreign like batique..

After all is said and done, I'll stick to furniture painting..lol

Sorry gals, got carried away with Debbie with painting chit chat...bed time..gab later

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

ddbydeb
Summerville, SC
(Zone 9b)

June 15, 2010
7:20 PM

Post #7892131

Betty I bow to the Master my friend what glorious work! I know just what you can do with the Tray by the way! :)
Love the altered art. I have seen Willow doing more of it and haev plans on jumping in with texture paste and gold leaf. Love the depth you got on the glasses in the last picture what a great job. Sorry Gals will go back to other stuff LOL! Betty we are gonna have ot find a chat room and just yak sometime ! And I am so jeouls your so close to Maureen she is a total joy to take class from.

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

June 15, 2010
8:36 PM

Post #7892318

Hey Hey Deb you have got a good idea there. You and Betty can give us painting lessons. Start a thread for that, lol.

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 15, 2010
9:37 PM

Post #7892456

Batik?? Betty... now you're talking my late father's language!!
Batik's a form of cloth art started by the Javanese in Indonesia.
My late mum would invest in the best batik sarongs all hand painted and of course waxed the old fashion way.

Good night.. hope you all wake up to a cooker Tuesday.

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

June 15, 2010
9:42 PM

Post #7892467

Jaye, you must be really tired. For thing tomorrow is Wednesday and I don't think any of us want it to be a cooker. LOL just teasing ya

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 15, 2010
9:49 PM

Post #7892477

ROFL!!!!
Cindy... yes I am tired!!!!! It shows huh?

Cooler on Wednesday.. there corrected!! Thanks Cindy!!! My mind's been cooked!!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

June 16, 2010
5:07 AM

Post #7892832

WOW and WOW and WOW...What talent. I am truly envious of both of you. You both made me smile a lot this morning!!! Thank you

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 16, 2010
5:47 AM

Post #7892969

WOW is right. So much talent here. I agree we need another thread for paint lessons please?

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 16, 2010
10:25 AM

Post #7893800

Scooter, we shop at Alibris too!

Come on over to the new room Patriots!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1108345/
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1108345/

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

June 18, 2010

Post #7901171

Quilter5bdsr,
Everything you sent me is so very very special to me.
First, the full size American flag really brought tears to my eyes. It was a beautiful sight to behold.
The smaller flags are greatly appreciated because I will use them in my red, white, blue garden and on the fence that I've made to honor my son Colt for his service.
The plates, napkins, flatware, and banner will beautifully decorate my table for my July 4th family get-together!
I love the flowers! I plan to use some on my July 4th table and some to place on my father's grave for Father's Day! He loved everything patriotic and I know he will love the flowers you sent!
The little boat is so cute! And thank you for the American flag pin! I will proudly wear it!
Here are some pictures of all the lovely and thoughtful things you blessed me with!
love, julie

Thumbnail by froggies_girl

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

June 18, 2010
6:43 PM

Post #7901177

And another:

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

June 18, 2010
6:45 PM

Post #7901192

Now here are a couple of pics of the Red, White, Blue Garden for Colt!

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

June 18, 2010
6:46 PM

Post #7901195

And another:

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

June 18, 2010
6:49 PM

Post #7901208

And one more. I've added a lot more since these were taken, so I'll have to post some new ones when I get them taken!

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

June 18, 2010
6:51 PM

Post #7901218

And in case you're wondering why I've been MIA, look at what has been keeping me so busy!
My little Liam! I am so blessed to have him with me for the summer!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

June 19, 2010
6:46 AM

Post #7902204

Oh Julie - what a joy Liam will be for you. I love how your garden is started. Do you know how long Colt will be deployed? Enjoy all the goodies I sent. I wish only good things for you and your family...
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 19, 2010
1:23 PM

Post #7903100

Julie with that little Liam, I think both you and he will be blessed. Enjoy your Summer, it will be gone before you know it.
Faye

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

June 19, 2010

Post #7903836

Colt is supposed to be gone for 2 months. He is special ops, so he usually goes in, does the job, and they send them home.

Liam is with me again tonight. He is already asleep. The way he keeps me going, I will be going to bed soon! Colt's dad is picking Liam up tomorrow morning to spend father's day with him and his dad (Liam's great-grandfather). I will have him again on Monday. I'm going to try to work in the yard after Liam leaves tomorrow morning.

All of you take care. love, julie

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 20, 2010
11:45 AM

Post #7905305

The only good colors for us are Red, White and Blue.
Barb has certainly picked well for you Julie. Love the boat!
Bet your dad will be smiling from above when he notice the flowers.
Thank God for choosing Liam to keep you occupied. Your RWB garden will be the talk of your neighbourhood.

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

July 29, 2010
5:37 AM

Post #8003995

Thank you! Still adding to it. Got a white butterfly bush, a red 'Dynamite' crepe myrtle and a blue plumbago! Wanna get some red and white oleander. love, julie

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

July 29, 2010
10:36 AM

Post #8004534

Julie, you'll love the Dynamite. I have two about 5ft. flanking the gate and the red is so intense!!

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

July 29, 2010
3:47 PM

Post #8005165

Yes, it is about 2 feet tall but already blooming! It is just gorgeous!
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

July 30, 2010
4:48 AM

Post #8006088

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JAYE...YESTERDAY. Sure hope your special day was good.
Hugs, Faye

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

July 30, 2010
6:03 AM

Post #8006191

Julie, my butterfly bush is about 9' tall right now, just starting to bloom, have other but not quite as tall...

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

July 30, 2010
11:28 AM

Post #8006797

Thanks Faye!!! This year is indeed so special.
God has been so good to me.
Love you!!

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

July 30, 2010
12:22 PM

Post #8006897

Julie, here is my Black Knight butterfly bush. I pruned it way back last fall. My mom had not taken care of it in ages and it was hardly doing anything. I think it is at least 12 ft tall maybe taller. I tried to prune the dead blooms but it is so tall I can reach and I have pruners that have handles that extend. I'm going to have to get a ladder to reach the top.

Thumbnail by purpbutfly

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

July 30, 2010
6:49 PM

Post #8007713

Wow! Beautiful butterfly bushes! I just love them. I want to get a red and a blue butterfly bush, but I'm waiting for the local nurseries to start marking things down. I'm also looking for a red and a white oleander. Lowes had some but they weren't in bloom; didn't know what color they would be!
Tomorrow our temps are 100+! With heat index, we're looking at 115+! I so want to work in the yard, but it is just too hot. I'm setting my clock for 5 a.m. so I can get a few things done before the sun gets too high in the sky!
My first teacher workday is Monday. Not ready! Still want some summertime! Oh, well, gotta earn that paycheck.
love, julie
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 30, 2010
7:34 PM

Post #8007796

Jaybird, give me a stiff kick for missing your B-Day...Happy Belated Birthday, Sweetie!
Now that's an awesome butterfly bush, Cindy. I just whacked my White one back this morning.
I feel for you, froggies, that's too hot for man or beast. I'll still be snoozing when your alarm goes off but should be up with you. Our high today was only 88 with almost NIL humidity but the sweat box will be back tomorrow.

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

July 30, 2010
9:31 PM

Post #8007978

There Red and Blue butterfly bushes???? Wonder if I can find them around here. I have Pink Delight but it is only about 2 feet tall. I just got it about 2 months ago. Has anyone tried to start a butterfly bush from seed? I received some seeds and am just wondering if they will sprout. Something I need to look into.

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

July 31, 2010
7:09 AM

Post #8008368

Yes, Cindy, there are red and blue. Our local nursery has blue, but no red. They're much harder to find. Will probably have to order it online. I'll let you know if I find one. I've never tried starting them from seed, but there is only one way to find out! love, julie

jsxtiger

jsxtiger
(jax) Dundalk, MD
(Zone 7a)

July 31, 2010
3:37 PM

Post #8009418

wow! i not know the butterfky bush gets that big! gotta find me a couple!

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

July 31, 2010
4:16 PM

Post #8009476

Yes and look at this Beauty that visits every day

Double Tailed Swallowtail

Thumbnail by purpbutfly

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 31, 2010
4:18 PM

Post #8009481

Cindy, that's an awesome shot!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

August 1, 2010
5:36 AM

Post #8010400

JAX! How ya doing? Where ya been?

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

August 1, 2010
8:22 PM

Post #8012269

Thanks Miranda!!

Ladies.. a reminder.. watch out for those RWB items on sale!

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

August 2, 2010
6:00 PM

Post #8014282

Yeah, check out Walmart, Big Lots, Dollar General, Family Dollar, and even grocery stores! love, julie
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

August 2, 2010
7:21 PM

Post #8014483

Ya'll are lucky. Nothing RWB goes on sale here til after Labor Day. Big Lots is one of my favorite stores for finding the unusual or unexpected, you never know what great bargains you'll find! Our closest one is an hour away. Guess you can tell we live in the boondocks...lol

I miss you too, Jaxe! I know you've been busy so no jokes this time 'round about your cuppa. Hey, isn't it about time for your new grandson's B-Day or did I miss it?

This one's for you, Cindy...a pic of an Eastern Swallowtail today sipping on a NOID Canna. I'm too slow to get a decent shot of the hummingbirds that enjoy them too.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

August 2, 2010
7:31 PM

Post #8014504

Beautiful canna, and butterfly!

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

August 3, 2010
4:37 AM

Post #8014932

What a beautiful pic! Makes me want to stay home from school and play in the dirt! LOL

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

August 3, 2010
8:32 AM

Post #8015338

Beautiful...

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

August 3, 2010
11:30 AM

Post #8015748

Now how lucky are you, Susan and Cindy, to get those shots!
I can only take pictures of bugs on blooms!!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

August 3, 2010
11:39 AM

Post #8015767

This morning I had about 20 e-mails..ads from different stores I frequent, now didn't they have one item in RWB..will keep that in mind for our 2011 swap!

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

August 3, 2010
12:41 PM

Post #8015903

Betty, check out www.Collectionsetc.com
From time to time they'd have good sales.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

August 3, 2010
12:57 PM

Post #8015940

Jaye, you sure are encouraging me...lol

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
ZZ's - Star-Studded - 'Tomato Seed Round-Robin'. ZZTOPSOIL 335 Aug 8, 2007 11:54 PM
CLOSED: Any newbies wanna start a round robin? kaykay1010 134 Dec 14, 2010 6:31 PM
Spring Fever RR Crimson 146 Apr 13, 2007 12:08 PM
Houseplant Swap snboyken 146 Apr 30, 2007 12:59 PM
Yesterday's News Robin's Resurrection sign-up here Gourd 284 Jul 11, 2007 4:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America