Home waxing kits

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good home waxing kit for legs, arms, and back? I'm wanting to try it for me, and also for my Spousal Unit when he needs to shave for a competition. This shave business gets old after awhile, and I know going to a beauty shop would be cost prohibitive for him. He's pretty hairy. LOL Hmmmm........maybe I should just melt some beeswax and "have at it"????? I'd like to do it on my legs too.

Plano, TX

i wax my eyebrows and get my wax from beautysmart--a beauty supply store--just microwave it--have never used it anywhere else

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

I use Nair wax kit which I get at Walmart. You just heat it in the microwave for 10 - 15 seconds, apply, and strip off. Easy.

A little tip: Baby oil applied afterwards helps easy the sting.

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

I'll have to look next time I'm at WM. Thanks.

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

They have come a long way in the waxing dept. I remember 20 years ago it was a green block that you had to melt in a saucepan, used it once on my leg and DH had to resort to pliers to get that strip off, took skin with it. LOL The one I have now is it's own little warmer, you can get it at a beauty supply store, we have Sally Beauty Supply here, this link will give you the idea of what I am talking about, http://www.sallybeauty.com/wax-warmer/SBS-448510,default,pd.html its a professional model which would be good for you, holds a lot of wax and if your hubby's back is anything like my hubby's back...well, enough said. LOL

I will say that my daughter and I have tried several different brands of waxing systems, the prewaxed strips, the sugar based type, the pad that "rubs" the hairs away & others and we always go back to the the wax warmer.

Good luck,
Donna

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images