Even More May pictures

Ripley, MS

What a beautiful May we have had--keep those pictures coming

Thumbnail by slcdms
Jacksonville, AR

DELPHIUIUM

Thumbnail by JanieP
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Pretty flowers, Kathy Ann, Bonnie, Janie and Sandra! Everyone's gardens are really starting to put on a show. I took a walk around my garden this evening and got some close-ups.

This is the pink hollyhock.

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

go ahead and post your photos, Janie. I didn't mean to step on your toes. :o))

Jacksonville, AR

Variegated Ginger-I hope. Got this at the fall reunion from either Cindy, Terry or Kathy. Does it look Ok? Is it suppose to have that much yellow?

Thumbnail by JanieP
Jacksonville, AR

I have flat wide toes, didnt even notice (lol)

Jacksonville, AR

Lady in Red Lacetop. The next picture is Painters Palette Lacetop. The pictures were taken about the same distance from the plants.-so much different in size! The Painters Palette was planted last spring.

Thumbnail by JanieP
Jacksonville, AR

Painters Palette Hydrangea

Thumbnail by JanieP
Jacksonville, AR

What happens when you are a new gardner, and dont really believe that they realllllly have to planted 3-4 feet apart. Oakleaf, Endless Summer and an unknown.

Thumbnail by JanieP
Jacksonville, AR

Pink Poppet Wygelia

Thumbnail by JanieP
(karen) Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Gorgeous pictures Janie! I am sooo impressed with your blooms - love those hydrangeas! Did you miss me today?

Jacksonville, AR

Well Karen- probably more than you missed me while you were playing in the dirt.

Hey Marilyn, do you know where the Strawberry Festival is being held sat in Cabot? The Lonoke County MGs are selling there.

(karen) Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I didn't think about you really - all I did was sweat and shovel - well and shop but hey - grow it and they will come right? Not that I don't like you but it was nice to think of something beside the corporate bs for once:) See ya tomorrow! I come bearing gifts:)

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Wow - I don't think my tomato soup is a tomato soup at all ........ It has a much taller middle. I had not remembered ordering one last year that looked like that but i ordered so many that I wasn't sure. Only a few have survived. I have a Mac and Cheese that appears to be doing well and growing but hasn't sent up a bloom stalk yet........ and another one but I can't remember which one - maybe fragrant angel??? i will have to look. I do know that this one was labeled Tomato soup - but it must be labeled wrong. I will have to try to take a photo tomorrow and let you see what I mean.

Love all the blooms.... my Witches Wink has multiple blooms on it today - just no time to take pictures because I am still trying to get all my plants in the ground from this past weekend. I didn't have much time to work before dark this afternoon because I was late getting back from El Dorado after my MRI. I have just a few more things to go and I will be finished! :)

My penstemon X mexicalli red rocks is loaded and really pretty currently...... and my pink crinum is beginning to bloom as well, and lots of daylilies about ready to bloom!

Genna

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

I have no idea unless it would be at the community center across the street from the high school, which is just down the road from me. I thought we already had our strawberry festival, LOL.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Sorry, Genna, we crossed. I don't know that mine is tomato soup, either. I was just guessing because of the color. I will try to find my list of plants I ordered from that co-op last year. I know I have it somewhere.

In the meantime, here is my white hollyhock with a bumblebee in it. He/she is loaded with pollen!

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Janie, I meant to say that I thought the Lady in Red hydrangea was actually one of those new red hydrangeas. I guess it isn't, huh? LOL The blue is really pretty though.

This is a coconut lime echie getting ready to open up.. I bought it two years ago at Rita's nursery in Jackson, TN. It did really well the first season but didn't do much last year. Hopefully it will do better this year. It's off to a good start.

Thumbnail by marsue
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Cindy gave me the best idea when we were at her house. When we went to Paul Michael I found a great small pot with a lid that I want to use as a plant stand. I couldn't figure out a pot to go on it and Cindy said why don't you get one of the red clay pots and paint it. Well that's what I did this afternoon. I mixed a couple of colors together to try to get it as close as I could to the stand. I wanted to seal it after it drys good and I found a spray paint that is a heavy clear glaze meant to go on pottery, etc. I plan to spray it with it tomorrow. I have a bunch of just old plastic pots that look like clay pots and I got the idea to paint some of them also. I did 2 tonight that are square and have a fluted design on the sides. They look pretty good to me! I just used acrylic paint. I plan to spray them with the glaze also. Will post a picture when I get through. If these 2 plastic pots turn out good, I have a bunch more I'm going to paint. I need a lot of decent looking pots to put my brugs in and I want something lightweight. Also I have too many to buy a lot of expensive pots!!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

This is the red gaillardia which Sandra gave me.

Thumbnail by marsue
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Janie I'm really impressed with your delphinium!!!! I have tried and tried to get that to grow in my yard and it just want do it. It just shrivels up and dies!!!!!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Charlotte, I'm eager to see what your pots look like after you get them finished! I really like that delphinium of Janie's, too. It is a beautiful blue!

here's a close-up of Tiki Torch. I bought this one somewhere last year but not through the co-op. I think I might have gotten it on sale at Lowe's. It didn't do much last year but is going strong now with 5 or 6 blooms on it and it isn't a very big plant. I have decided that those hybrid echies take a couple years to get going good.

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Lamb's Ear

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Whirling Butterflies guara

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Oranges and Lemons Gaillardia this is one I bought at Rita's two years ago. I thought it had died so Kathy Ann gave me another one. Now I have two of them! :o)) the other one is not blooming yet. It is a smaller plant.

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Yellow torch lilies. These are on a plant that also has the orange blooms on it. My other 4 torch lilies all have the orange blooms--no yellow.

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

fading blooms on Peach Belle. She really took a beating during the hard rain on Sunday but she did her best to keep blooming.

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

and let's not forget the echie that started it all with those hybrids--the purple coneflower

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

and this is one of my hydrangeas--I don't know the name of it

and now I'm going to bed--good night all!

Thumbnail by marsue
Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

I can't believe how far behind you all I am this year. My hydrangea's are just beginning to bloom. Non of my echies are blooming yet. I do have a lot of daylilies blooming though.
Sandra do you recognize this Lizianthus that you babied for many months.

Thumbnail by Riverland
Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Bonnie your yard is to die for. so beautiful. Does your maltese cross come back. I have never had it do much in my summer much less make it till the next year.

Janie for a new gardener your plants are really beautiful.
Marilyn your hollyhocks are so pretty and no rust. Mine always got rust.

This is the new flower bed ,it has a long way to go. It also has a lot of things in it that I will take out when my next bed gets rebuilt. I just needed to get these plants in the ground somewhere for now.

Thumbnail by Riverland
Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

One of my crepe myrtles is way ahead of the rest of them. Crazy year

Thumbnail by Riverland
Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Oleanders after the storm.

Thumbnail by Riverland
Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

My lilies are laying on the ground after the afternoon storm.

Thumbnail by Riverland
Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

My Cajun Hibiscus Evangeline

Thumbnail by Riverland
Jacksonville, AR

Marilyn, I realized just as I was falling asleep that strawberry time was over. I printed the Master Gardeners sales list from the U of A site in early March. Seems like they have had some revisions. It was April 24th! I checked the site a few minutes ago.

Jacksonville, AR

Looking at all the gorgeous plants fuels the urge to get MORE. I didnt know that Lambs Ear had blooms. Tried Gaura the first year, didnt work-but may have to try it again. Oleander is very pretty. Are they zone 8?

Lakeland / Memphis, TN(Zone 7a)

Janie - you have some beautiful blooms ! So glad you are sharing them.

KA - I don't have alot of luck with Jap Iris' at all, so if I have one to live is a shocker for me, but to actually have one to bloom is quite an accomplishment for me. I only have them, in hopes to be able to share them someday.;-)

Cindy - you are so sweet...love, love your new bed ! I disagree - I think it is perfect the way it is. Are cajun hibiscus hardy for your in your zone?

Marilyn - I contemplated getting that coconut lime the other day. Now I wish I had of. That is so cute.

Thank you all for your kind words about my blooms. That means alot to me.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Bonnie Where did you get your grape lollypop phlox, That's on my want list along with cotton candy and some salmon one, their all brand new. LOVE THEM

My jap irises are about to bloom any day now

Ripley, MS

So glad I got the new thread started, everything is so pretty---
Cindy I do remember that plant, I am so glad you are taking care of it now-LOL
The storms are going to be here soon, I had a big daylily smiling at me out the kitchen window this morning, it is labeled Web of Intrigue, but not that--I have 2 of them side by side labeled that, so I probably got them mixed up.
Cindy do you recognize this one?

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

This is blurry, but was trying to hurry before the storm hits
Cindy brought me this morning glory

Thumbnail by slcdms

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.