Hard to believe how time has flown, but the16th DG annual photo contest has begun! Find the details here. Best wishes to all the entrants!!!

What is up with this seedling?

Deltona, FL(Zone 9b)

What is up with this seedling? It is not albino... and is different than all of its siblings with this white leafing... any thoughts?

Thumbnail by PurePlants
Decatur, GA

It certainly is beautiful. I will be very interested to see how it grows.

Plumiedelphia, PA(Zone 7a)

thats a 1 in 10,000
Id love to find one like that in my seedlings.
Should be very awesome to grow
Id recommend keeping it out of direct sunlight.

Christiansted, VI(Zone 11)

A varigated. Lucky you!

Decatur, GA

How is your odd DR doing?

Deltona, FL(Zone 9b)

The new white leaves have not been making it. The first two leaves as indicated in the picture are green but all the growth after that has just been albino like. The plant looks ok and keeps putting out new growth, but they keep dropping. =(

Are you being generous but not flooding with water and fertilizer? 10-10-10- or something balanced.

Perhaps it will start some branches.

Arlington, TX

That's odd, never seen a seedling of any kind do that.

It looks like a fine varigated. Give it filtered sun.

If you are on facebook, I can steer you to many wonderful photographs.

Deltona, FL(Zone 9b)

I am on Facebook, any information is greatly appreciated if shared! It does receive filtered light and seems to be doing ok, I'll post an updated picture later when I am done with work. The base/stalk of the plant seems healthy, it's just these "blond" leaves. I have paid very much attention to three of my adeniums because two of them have been lifted to expose caudex and then this varigated one. This means I have been watching the moisture levels of the soil like a hawk and bringing them under cover if I felt we have had too much rain or something. This past Monday I fert'd with a balanced fert and will continue to keep and eye on them. =D

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.