Get together at my house Part two

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

WE came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1093804/

Garden party my house June 5th basically starts at around 11:00 come when ever you want though.

Everybody bring a door prize.

Who's coming:
Marilyn & friend
Charlotte
Kim and her friend Sandy
Loretta
Crissy ??
Debra
Me & two guests
Karen
Janie
terrye
Sandra
Nancy Ann & guest
Sheila

When you know for sure your coming, I'll add your name .

Food:

Me: ham & cheese mini sandwhiches, veggie tray , fruit tray, Sweet tea, lemonade, Ihave all the paper products already.
Marilyn, Grape salad
Charlotte: Dessert of some kind
Kim: BBQ hot dogs.
Nancy, banana split cake chips and dip

Everybody's trade list

Kim (duckmother) http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7764326
Crissy: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7764138
Marilyn: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7763700
Kathy_ann: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7765974
Debra: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7777593
Charlotte : http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7806522
Janie: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7806617
Karen: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7812900
butterflychaser: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7819328
Loretta: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7819447

This message was edited May 31, 2010 9:47 AM

This message was edited May 31, 2010 9:50 AM

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Just marking the thread!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

What? Don't tell my dog, he'll want to mark his spot too ha ha

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Mine too!!!LOL
By the way I'm really getting into the campanula. The pantyloon you gave me is blooming up a storm as well as my cherry bells. A month or so ago I found vicking somewhere - don't remember where and got it. I got an email that Bluestone was having their half off sale and ended up buying pink octopus and glomerata alba. The campanula just really seems to do well in my yard.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

vicking? never heard of that one Oh I looked it up it's viking. that's a nice one.

I got blue eyed blond coming, and I got the dickson gold in memhis, and I got that pink octopus one, I love the campanulas also.

but they dont' seem to love the full sun, my cherry bells is hangin in there with all the rains we had, the pantyloons has blooms on it.

I got that joan elliot also. I had the bernice something but lost it.

(karen) Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Loretta could I have some Sweet Kate Spiderwort - thanks!

Guys I feel like I've missed someone - if you've asked me for something but you aren't on the list can you remind me please!!!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Janie, I would like one of those orange Asiatic lilies, please.

edited to add:
Karen: I have asked for the sea stars stonecrop and a painted daisy, but I don't see my name on your list. Also. is the Stella daylily you listed a Stella d'Oro? If so, I would like one or two of those, please.

This message was edited May 23, 2010 9:38 PM

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

My campanula is in part shade and they really seem to like quite a bit of shade. If your cherry bells don't make it, let me know and I'll bring you another piece.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Nancy Ann I would also like a Bajazzo LA iris and a Duke of Durham day lily. I should have pots I can bring to you.

(karen) Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Got you down Marilyn

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Got you all down. Marsue I have a huge clump of Stella D'oro I can bring you.

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

I updated my trade list post with some of my wants too. If I knew what some of you wanted, I might have it and be able to share a small start. Like Marsue mentioned wanting some Stella D'oros and I have some I don't want.

Batesville, AR(Zone 7a)

Nancy Ann

I would like one each of the Louisiana Iris: Iris Hexagona, Dorothea K Williamson,
Little Rock Skies and the NOID. Also, a Japanese roof iris

Thanks Loretta

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Ok, I've put you down, Loretta.

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

By the way, y'all, my Hobby Lobby has clearanced ALL garden items to 50%--all of them! Y'all might check your stores. They didn't mention the sale in their sales ad that came out yesterday and they didn't have signs up at my store. I happened to get a garden item and presented my 40% off coupon and the clerk said, "You can keep your coupon. All the garden stuff is 50% off." So I went back and got windchimes, birdhouses, and more.

I think they're already getting ready to stock the shelves with Christmas stuff, can you believe that? So they've been rearranging the shelves and not all the garden stuff is in the usual garden section, so look around your store for the additional aisles of garden items.

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Hey guys, I'm learning to do mosaics, and I can use any tile, pretty glass, mirrors, glass gems or anything like that. So if y'all have leftover tile pieces from tiling your house or a broken plate or some pretty broken glass thing or mirror or whatever, I could use it instead of your throwing it away.

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Anyone want some Candlestick verbena? I thought I had gotten rid of it all last year, but a seed must have escaped. It's blooming! I'll rip it out tomorrow while weeding unless someone claims it. It looks too much like a wildflower for my tropical-style gardens. I may find more while weeding, so if several of you want a start, claim it and I'll see what I can find.

Also, these things have become "weeds" to me and I'm ripping them out as I weed, so if you want any of these in particular, claim them and I'll save some for you. Otherwise, they're going on the burn pile as I get to weeding the spots they're in:

Spearmint
Silver Mint
Limelight Artemisia
Four Oclocks - yellow, fuscia, and Custard & Cream (Yellow and white striped)
Pink Soapwort
Purple Obedient plant
Purple leaf perilla
Moonflower bush - Datura (toxic if ingested)
Passiflora incarnata - Passion flower
Chameleon Plant
Dwarf Solomon's seal - only one plant

I can give you a good chunk of these (except the sol's seal), so if you want them, speak now. I have too much of them and need to move them out to plant my new stuff.

NancyAnn

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Nancy Ann I would like the dwarf soloman's seal. Thanks!

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Ok, it's yours!

Jacksonville, AR

Nancy, I would like some Passiflora Incarnida.

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Ok, Janie, I'll put you down for some Passiflora Incarnata. Remember they shock really badly and all the leaves may fall off, but give it 6 weeks and new ones will grow where the old ones were. They've just now come up so you still have time to see blooms this year.

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Ok, I feel bad because I don't have any food down to bring. KA are you sure you don't want me to bring something? You name it, I can either make it or buy it LOL!

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Crissy, how bout you bring some chips. I'll bring cheese dip and banana split pie. How does that sound?

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Bring any dish or sweet or what ever your heart desires, we'll eat it. promise LOL

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I keep going back through the list and finding more plants!

Nancy Ann I would like a Sea of Stars daylily

Karen I would like a Hello Dolly

Thanks

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Nancy Ann, I would like the Stella-D'Oro lilies, thanks. A long time friend of mine died yesterday and I will be away from the computer for the next couple of days but if you have requested something from me, I will put you on the list when I get back online. Just wanted y'all to know why I am not posting right now.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

WE love you Marilyn! & we're here for you.

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Loretta, can I have some Sweet Kate Tradescantia?

Karen, can I have some Irish Moss?

Cperdue, I have you down for the Sea of Stars. Could I have some of your toad lilies and Moonvine seedlings?

Marsue, I have you down for the Stellas. I'm sorry for your loss!

NancyAnn

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Nancy Ann will put you down for the toad lilies and moonvine seedlings

Marilyn I am so sorry to hear of your loss. KA's right, WE do love you and WE are here for you.

Awesome! Chips to match your cheese dip. Is it a cheddar cheese dip?

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Velveeta Rotel Cheese Dip - is that what you're thinking Crissy? Did you want to bring the chips?

Yes that's exactly what I was thinking! Absolutely will bring chips! It's easy, don't have to worry about spills, perfect! Thanks NancyAnn!

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Good Deal, Crissy! I might bring two kinds of cheese dip. I love that white mexican cheese dip they serve in mexican restaurants. Anyone else like that? If so, I can make a batch of that too. I also have little dip cups I can bring so we don't have the dip running all over our plates.

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Yummy....y'all are making this little pig hungry!!!

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

My gosh it is hot out there! Just noticed that I have lots of clumping wood fern (Thelypteris decursice-pinnata) if anyone is interested. It is

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

I'd like some wood fern if you have plenty. I have one shady spot and no ferns. I'm hoping they'll like the spot under a cedar tree. Thanks!

I'll bring corn chips, Frito's, and Doritos. Hows that sound?

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

It was a scorcher here today, I purchased two new deli trays to put my fruit and veggie and dips on and they melted in my car today . ARGH!! now I have to buy 2 more of them and not leave them in the car.

not sure I want to go out and weed any more LOL everytime it rains weeds take over.

Wow, it got hot in your car! We have a heat index of 95* here.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I'm goin g to set up some saw horses and plywood tables and I have a couple of long fold out tables.

I'm going to go through everybody's trade lists and see who needs a large table, and label the tables , some of you can share a table,

I will have one whole table labeled FREE plants. they will be plants that you can give away that are not intended for anybody in particular. Reason I am goin g to do this is because I'm going to have a couple of local ladies coming, and I know marilyn may have a guest that is not a member of DG. They will not have plants to trade, but may want to acquire a few .

I have alot of plants potted up to put on to this table. Anybody can pick from these plants , not just the ladies who aren't dg members.

Now, just so ya'll know, my boss andher daughter are the two i've invited. Just a heads up there ha .

She's a real nice lady. loves plants, but doesn't have a big garden like some of us do.

I also invited my walking partners, but none will be able to attend, other engagements.

If you have a friend you would like to bring, feel free. I have door prizes for my two guests, but I think i'm goin g to mention the door prizes to them, cause I think they'd probably rather bring one than have me donate one for them.

So we all are in agreement that we don't want any games? I've talked to a couple folks and they have said, they don't care if we play games, just want to visit and eat, and go visit the gardens that will be in sad shape by the time ya'll get here lol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images