What is this monster from Fort WOrth Botanic Garden?

Irving, TX

I was at the show and sale in Fort Worth this weekend and saw this beautiful specimen. Anyone know which one it is?

Thumbnail by begoniadude
Blackshear, GA

Nice and very different. Was it not labeled?

Powder Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

B. paulensis

Irving, TX

No it was not labeled. It was not part of the show but was in the same building. Thanks Butch for the ID.

Big Flats, NY(Zone 5b)

Hello Begoniadude and everyone else, I agree with hcmcdole that the begonia pictured is B. paulensis. I have not had nor seen a specimen of this georgus creature for many years. Perhaps it is again time! I am also recalling B. Goegoensis...I remember mine as much smaller. Best of luck to all, Lee Sherwood McDonald

Williston, ND

amazing,hope it becomes more advailible,i really like the large growing leaf begonias

JIM

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Can anyone tell me why my tuberous begonias, 2, are blooming with single blossoms after double blooms last year? One white, and one red. Is is something I did? They are big tubers. I would say several years old, but I have only had one since last year, it was a beautiful double white, and I bought the red this year from the same place and it is a single red.

I can't call the place 'cause they close up shortly after Mothers Day in May as they mainly grow for the big stores. Wholesale. They are a large company tho, I think nationwide.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.