Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

CLOSED: Birthday club #35

Marilyn Glen st. Mar, FL(Zone 9a)

We came from here in case anyone wants to go back and read the changes we have been discussing, and look at all the birthday pressies.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1096147/

We welcome anyone who would like to join us in our Birthday Club. Please stop by and chat with us often. Anything goes!

Rouxcrew (Joy) Jan. 15
Rainy_Jane- (Jane) Feb. 9
ClanCambell -(Chris) Feb. 28
Mcrochet - (Marilyn) Mar 05
FruitoftheVine- (Susan) April 9
Janaestone - (Dianae) April 12
Sissy70 - (Judy) April 16
Marti001 (Mary) April 17
momoftwo607 (Erin) May 6
Gardenchick1982 (Becky) May 27
Purpbutfly -(Cindy) May 27
Deejay9 (Susie) July 9
GAgirl1066 (Paula) Sept. 1
Barhea7 (Bre) Sept 7
Diamond9192002 (Anita) Sept. 19
Ddbydeb (Deb) Sept. 22
Rvnsbrk - (Juanita) Oct 9
catbirdsue (Cathy) Nov. 23
Froggies_girl (Julie) Dec. 17
Hope43 (Hope) Dec. 28

Hopefully this will help us all keep track and one single person doesn't have to notify everyone about the upcoming birthdays.

Likes and Dislikes Thread here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1012872/

This message was edited Jun 10, 2010 5:01 AM

Thumbnail by mcrochet
Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

I'm first here !!!!! how you doing Marilyn? Did you get your present? I sent it out the same time as sissy's.

(Becky) Gresham, OR(Zone 8a)

Hope all the may babies have a wonderful happy birthday!!!!!

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

It was pretty good! =)

Erin

(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN(Zone 6a)

I sent the April birthday ladies a gc from Bluestone Perennials. I didn't realize the shipping was so expensive. I was placing an order today when the customer service rep told me the shipping was more than the plant. My apologies ladies. I agree with an earlier post, gift certificates from local box store would be much more beneficial for the birthday lady.

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Hey!!! I'm happy with my gc from Bluestone!!! I'm ordering some astilbes. The ones they have at the nursery near me are only white and cost more than Bluestones. Yes the shipping cost are expensive, but I want 3 of their astilbes so will happily pay the shipping costs. After all the plants themselves are a gift.

Marti

Thanks Marti, you are sweet. I was looking at the plant Sissy ordered earlier when I noticed they were having a "special" sale. That's how I. Found out what the cost od shipping was. I'm glad you got plants you really wanted. That always makes a gift extra special.

Marilyn Glen st. Mar, FL(Zone 9a)

No Marti, I haven't received a pressie yet, but haven't gone to the post office in a while. I'll try to get there today. How long ago did you send it?

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Sent it on May 19th. I hope it didn't get lost. I forgot to get confirmation on it. Please let me know and I'll think of something else.

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Bluestone's sale pages were great. I ended up ordering 5 plants that none of our nurseries have, well worth the postage. Thanks again, diamond.

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

I could use another gift cert. lol =P I order from Anita's gift cert. 2 Buddleia Harlquin. Can't wait to get them. I still have $5 left over from their sale. YAY!

Erin

Ocean Springs, MS

I promise all of you that I will catch up! I just found out that my donated days were approved, so my paycheck should look better this month or at least next month!

Happy early birthday, Cindy!

love, julie

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

Received my gift today from Purpbutfly (Cindy). I love it and so do the kids. My first birdhouse. Thank you. I will post another picture when its in its new home. =)

Erin

Thumbnail by momoftwo607
Summerville, SC(Zone 9b)

Hi could everyone please send me thier sneaker shoe size and if you wear flip flops that size too :)
Thank you and have a glorious day I am back to my great grand he is hollering "Ganny!!!" LOL!
Deb

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

I wear flip flops too. Haven't had a pair of those in a while. =) I would say some where around the shoe size I sent you.

Erin

Good taste, Cindy. I almost bought the same one!

Just edited my likes / dislikes for flip-flops. Who can live without those?

Anita, these are the 5 plants I ordered from Bluestone. You're first in line for any you like when they're large enough to divide. That Echinacea will probably be the slowest if it's like the few others bought last year. I only had one Heuchera (thanks to you, Erin) and one Stokesia bought locally last year. Course I'm an Agastache nut and will start cuttings to root right away if the plant's large enough. Thank you again!

Agastache "Purple Pygmy"
Centaurea montana "Gold Bullion"
Echinacea "Paradoxa"
Heuchers X Brizoides "Smoky Rose"
Stokesia laevis "Mary Gregory"

Susan,

You picked out beautiful plants! I didn't know you were an Agastache Nut. LoL I'm trying Agastache for the first time this year. I think either you or Susie sent those seeds for my attempt at a hummingbird garden.

I have two types of Coral Bells and one that is close in color to the one you have. I think one is the Purple Palace and the other is Georgia Peach. I have a couple types of echies, too, Tomato Soup, Sundown, and Merlot. FOTV, I see that we have the same taste in flowers.

Leesburg, VA(Zone 7a)

I just bought a few coral bells too. I have a bunch of those Purple Palace kind that were a leftover from a job I did. They never bloom for me. In fact I think I will be digging them up in the Fall and will offer them in a trade.

My Tutti Fruitti Agastache is getting ready to bloom. Can't wait.

Had these guys outside this morning and they were actually mating! Never know what you are going to see up here in the woods.

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk

Did the seeds germinate for you, Anita? If you tell me the name, I can let you know if it's one I have.

Beautiful pic of your Lunar Moths, Neener, and perfect timing catching them mating. We have them too but thanks to our birds, all I ever see the next day are wings :(

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

I wish I had a pink blooming agastache that was hardy in my zone. All's I have it blue fortune. It grows really easy from seed.

Erin

I have the Apricot Agastache. Neener I'm surprised your Purple Palace would not bloom. I've had mine in full sun and part sun but it blooms better in part sun. Here's a picture of PP in bloom.

Thumbnail by diamond9192002
Rushville, IN(Zone 5b)

Anita here is a pic of my baby it is a mock orange and she is blooming
i want to thank you again sissy--judy

Thumbnail by sissy70

Sissy I'm happy that you're happy! What a beautiful baby! my plants are my babies too. LoL are you having the heat wave we're getting? I have been waiting for the rain to stop to get compost. Now the compost is drying out but its sooooo hot I can't transplant anything. LoL We went from 55 degree rainy weather to 90 degree weather and its not even June, yet.

(Cindy) Auburn, CA(Zone 10a)

Hi Ladies,
Just wanted to let Twyla know I received her gift today. Not up to par today will post pix later.

Leesburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Anita thanks for the pic of the PP. Mine doesn't look like that. Maybe it isn't the same thing. The new ones I got are Snow Angel and Midnight Rose. Need to get them in the ground and then I will take some pics.

This is a regular old fashioned coral bell that was my MIL.They bloomed all summer last year.

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk
Rushville, IN(Zone 5b)

yes anita it is the same here went from cool to hot hot hot
and I dont like am on oxyen and humidy doesnt help me
so in with air on sissy--judy

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

hey everyone sorry i've been MIA But I Have to Work in my gardens from early morning & Late evens its been hot. Afternoons I have House duties :(.

Erin I'm Sorry I have not gotten yours in the mail yet I will try to do so by friday .
Forgive me please .

Anita : Sorry I Missed your call the other day Lets try sunday am :) if you don't have to work .
well time to lay back you all have a great evening .

susie

Susie, look at the cherry trees you sent me for my birthday last month. I can't believe how much they've grown!

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

Guess they love their new home :)))) & Say I Forgot to thank you for the Paint Pens & ANother NEw pair of the BLACK SALION Gloves You Sent with all those POTS WITCH I have to tell you I have filled All but Maybe 6 :) Hehehe

& I have to show you the canna's that came up from the seeds you sent me:)

well i have got to get out side I Love working early Morning .
you all have a great day
susie

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PURPBUTFLY AND GARDENCHICK1982 !! HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY ! =)

Erin

Thumbnail by momoftwo607

happy b_day cindy

(Cindy) Auburn, CA(Zone 10a)

Thanks Ladies ^_^

(Becky) Gresham, OR(Zone 8a)

Thank you Erin

Big Happy Birthday Wishes to Cindy and Becky! Hope you have a beautiful day and year.

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

"With all the people talking about leaving DG, where does that leave the birthday club?

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

why are people leaving DG? I must have missed something...

(Chris) Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

Marti, I don't think it'll affect the birthday club at all..we might lose one or two, but I believe the majority will stay.. I hope.

Can't say too much or they'll delete my post.. the other site is being shut down tomorrow cause of the new owners here.

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

ahha! I did not know.

Who'd like to join us for a BLAST in July?
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1101690/

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.