Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Cooking: Salad Master Cookware - Anyone have this and any luck using

Communities > Forums > Cooking
bookmark
Forum: CookingReplies: 3, Views: 37
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
GladysCanbee
Anderson, IN
(Zone 5b)

May 24, 2010
7:22 PM

Post #7824440

I purchased several pieces of Salad Master cookware a couple of years ago. I find it very persnikety to use and clean up. It is unlike anything I have ever used. I found to be much happier just cooking how I want in cheaper pans. Anyone have luck at this product? Am I doing something fundamentally wrong? They stick like mad no matter if I follow the "rules of use" or not. Thanks for your input in advance, Gladys
Edens_Gardener
Clay Center, KS
(Zone 5b)

May 27, 2010
4:57 AM

Post #7832395

I've had Salad master cookware for several years now and like it really well. I do keep a couple of "coated" skillets for eggs, etc, What foods are sticking for you?
GladysCanbee
Anderson, IN
(Zone 5b)

June 4, 2010
7:52 PM

Post #7859818

The only piece I am crazy about is the grinder. You can change the heads to give you a different cut for making slaw or cruly fires etc. I have the electric skillet and the directions are to have it hot so when you place chicken or beef it makes a "popping" sound. That is what the instructor told us to do for regular use. It sticks so badly I have to soak it overnight in a dishpan of Dawn and nearly boiling hot water to get it clean. I have basically had the same issue with the other cookware. Do you use it preheated or use like any other cookware? I'm curious. Thank you very much for the feedback!
Edens_Gardener
Clay Center, KS
(Zone 5b)

June 7, 2010
11:57 AM

Post #7867277

I don't do the waterless cooking often, but it sounds like you are getting it too hot. I like the electric skillet to fry chicken in, but I do use some pan spray, and then a little canola oil for it. I like the heavy bottoms and the fact that sauces and grains like polenta or grits don't scorch as easily.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cooking Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Cooking Questions Answered MistyMeadows 385 Dec 3, 2009 5:25 AM
Classic Cooking Answers`& Advice TwinLakesChef 8 Mar 9, 2010 4:23 PM
Memorable kitchen mishaps McCool 81 Jul 25, 2007 4:28 AM
Kraft Food's "Food & Family" magazine... WUVIE 20 Apr 2, 2009 3:09 PM
Wanted: No Fail Sponge Recipe leelovespigs 45 Dec 2, 2009 6:08 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America