Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Cottage Gardening: A Southern Cottage Garden

Communities > Forums > Cottage Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Cottage GardeningReplies: 70, Views: 2,576
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

JudyinGA

JudyinGA
Newnan, GA
(Zone 7b)

May 25, 2010
8:53 AM

Post #7825829

I am just beginning, but my sister's garden has been my inspiration. She and her husband have gardened for many years but only on this one for the past 10 years or so. Their 1930s era home is on three acres about 40 miles south of Atlanta. I think it is the epitome of a country cottage garden. Some photos are from 2009 when their garden was featured on their local county garden tour. I'd like to share it with you. Hope you enjoy it.

Thumbnail by JudyinGA
Click the image for an enlarged view.

JudyinGA

JudyinGA
Newnan, GA
(Zone 7b)

May 25, 2010
8:56 AM

Post #7825836

This was one of the first heralds of spring this year, just outside the sunroom window. A Yellow Rose of Texas, I believe the botanical name is kerria japonica. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thumbnail by JudyinGA

JudyinGA

JudyinGA
Newnan, GA
(Zone 7b)

May 25, 2010
8:58 AM

Post #7825842

Another early spring arrival ... daffodils and "thrift."

Thumbnail by JudyinGA

JudyinGA

JudyinGA
Newnan, GA
(Zone 7b)

May 25, 2010
8:59 AM

Post #7825848

And one of the earliest signs of spring around here, dogwood trees starting to blossom.

Thumbnail by JudyinGA

JudyinGA

JudyinGA
Newnan, GA
(Zone 7b)

May 25, 2010
9:01 AM

Post #7825850

Pansies in an old concrete planter decorate the porch.

Thumbnail by JudyinGA

JudyinGA

JudyinGA
Newnan, GA
(Zone 7b)

May 25, 2010
9:02 AM

Post #7825853

More pansies greet you at the back door.

Thumbnail by JudyinGA

JudyinGA

JudyinGA
Newnan, GA
(Zone 7b)

May 25, 2010
9:04 AM

Post #7825860

There is a lot of whimsy in this garden. Many old birdhouses, rusty things, and, of course, a bottle tree.

Thumbnail by JudyinGA

JudyinGA

JudyinGA
Newnan, GA
(Zone 7b)

May 25, 2010
9:06 AM

Post #7825867

Purple irises ... a must in the cottage garden.

Thumbnail by JudyinGA

JudyinGA

JudyinGA
Newnan, GA
(Zone 7b)

May 25, 2010
9:07 AM

Post #7825875

Veronica surrounds an old rusty chair.

Thumbnail by JudyinGA

JudyinGA

JudyinGA
Newnan, GA
(Zone 7b)

May 25, 2010
9:10 AM

Post #7825885

Unnamed Austin rose behind the angel in the bird bath. The pillar on which the birdbath sits was part of a foundation pillar from a house across the street which was torn down recently. It's the perfect touch.

This message was edited May 25, 2010 11:38 AM

Thumbnail by JudyinGA

JudyinGA

JudyinGA
Newnan, GA
(Zone 7b)

May 25, 2010
9:12 AM

Post #7825892

Another old birdhouse and rusty chair.

Thumbnail by JudyinGA

JudyinGA

JudyinGA
Newnan, GA
(Zone 7b)

May 25, 2010
9:14 AM

Post #7825898

And another

Thumbnail by JudyinGA

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

May 25, 2010
9:15 AM

Post #7825904

Judy, I love the photos. Such an inspiration. Gonna keep these for later reference.
love, julie

JudyinGA

JudyinGA
Newnan, GA
(Zone 7b)

May 25, 2010
9:16 AM

Post #7825905

A white clematis (name unknown) scrambles over an old iron headboard.

Thumbnail by JudyinGA

JudyinGA

JudyinGA
Newnan, GA
(Zone 7b)

May 25, 2010
9:19 AM

Post #7825907

Thank you, froggies_girl. Have several more. Going to her garden is like thumbing through a magazine. Here's a closeup of the clematis ...

Thumbnail by JudyinGA

JudyinGA

JudyinGA
Newnan, GA
(Zone 7b)

May 25, 2010
9:22 AM

Post #7825915

Gazing ball, birdhouse and Austin rose from the other side. The "bones" of the garden are made up of mostly boxwoods. This was the very first area completed about five years ago.

Thumbnail by JudyinGA

JudyinGA

JudyinGA
Newnan, GA
(Zone 7b)

May 25, 2010
9:25 AM

Post #7825922

Yellow ...something. (odd looking little thing, huh?) Iris? Daylily? Whatever. (Told you I was a beginner :-)

Thumbnail by JudyinGA

JudyinGA

JudyinGA
Newnan, GA
(Zone 7b)

May 25, 2010
9:27 AM

Post #7825927

Knockout rose about five years old, left to its own devices. Watered and fed, never pruned.

Thumbnail by JudyinGA

JudyinGA

JudyinGA
Newnan, GA
(Zone 7b)

May 25, 2010
9:28 AM

Post #7825931

More knockouts in front of a dogwood tree.

Thumbnail by JudyinGA

JudyinGA

JudyinGA
Newnan, GA
(Zone 7b)

May 25, 2010
9:30 AM

Post #7825935

This pond was discovered after they moved in. The original owners had filled it in with dirt. A lot of work later, this is what emerged.

Thumbnail by JudyinGA

JudyinGA

JudyinGA
Newnan, GA
(Zone 7b)

May 25, 2010
9:32 AM

Post #7825938

A drift of self-seeded rose campion. They're all over the place and beautiful.

Thumbnail by JudyinGA

JudyinGA

JudyinGA
Newnan, GA
(Zone 7b)

May 25, 2010
9:34 AM

Post #7825951

Roses lead the way to the veggie garden (yet to be planted in this photo. It was taken in April.)

Thumbnail by JudyinGA

JudyinGA

JudyinGA
Newnan, GA
(Zone 7b)

May 25, 2010
9:37 AM

Post #7825961

Unnamed Austin rose. I don't know if she doesn't know the name or what, but she didn't tell me. I'm sure her youngest son planted this one. He loves Austin roses.

Thumbnail by JudyinGA

JudyinGA

JudyinGA
Newnan, GA
(Zone 7b)

May 25, 2010
9:42 AM

Post #7825972

Mr. Lincoln rose. A favorite of my family.

Thumbnail by JudyinGA

JudyinGA

JudyinGA
Newnan, GA
(Zone 7b)

May 25, 2010
9:44 AM

Post #7825980

Another unnamed rose covers the arbor.

Thumbnail by JudyinGA

JudyinGA

JudyinGA
Newnan, GA
(Zone 7b)

May 25, 2010
9:50 AM

Post #7825996

The front porch frames the garden seen through the far end. We sit here, sip our tea, and wave as the cars go by (old southern custom).

I'll stop here for now but have a few more. Hope you're enjoying the visit to Georgia! :-)

Thumbnail by JudyinGA

critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

May 26, 2010
7:21 AM

Post #7829038

Wow and double WOW! Thank you for the lovely tour. You've got me thinking about how to include more "objects" in my garden! I won't pass up the next rusty ornate iron chair I see... :-)

JudyinGA

JudyinGA
Newnan, GA
(Zone 7b)

May 26, 2010
7:42 AM

Post #7829084

Thanks so much, Critter. She does have an inside edge. She and several other ladies own and operate two antique stores so they have access to many opportunities to see people's rusty "junk." Kay also picks up pieces of old iron fences to use scattered throughout the garden. She does seem to have the "touch" to put the right piece in just the right place. She and her husband did all this themselves. Here's one fence piece that fits right into the bed.

Thumbnail by JudyinGA

JudyinGA

JudyinGA
Newnan, GA
(Zone 7b)

May 26, 2010
7:44 AM

Post #7829093

A little wrought iron bistro set under the arbor.

Thumbnail by JudyinGA

pgt
Chalfont, PA
(Zone 6b)

May 26, 2010
7:46 AM

Post #7829101

So beautiful. I especially love all the Austin roses and the pond, and all the garden art. Just lovely.

JudyinGA

JudyinGA
Newnan, GA
(Zone 7b)

May 26, 2010
7:48 AM

Post #7829108

They were still working on this part of the garden last year but I love the stacked rocks curving around the shrubs.

Thumbnail by JudyinGA

critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

May 26, 2010
7:52 AM

Post #7829116

Rocks! I love rocks. I've lined a couple of beds with them (not as impressively as this border!), and I'd love to do more of the same. :-)

JudyinGA

JudyinGA
Newnan, GA
(Zone 7b)

May 26, 2010
7:53 AM

Post #7829117

Thank you, pgt. Here's some more rusty stuff. Foxgloves and a piece of an iron fence.

Thumbnail by JudyinGA

JudyinGA

JudyinGA
Newnan, GA
(Zone 7b)

May 26, 2010
8:03 AM

Post #7829143

Y'all can see why I'm so inspired by all this. I will post my humble efforts as they take place. And mine won't be on such a grand scale because I have no one but myself to do it. But I seem to learn a little more from her every year. Put that with all the helpful folks at DG, and I should at least be able to come up with something decent.

Here's more of Kay and Bobby's garden. Iris growing in a water garden ...

Thumbnail by JudyinGA

JudyinGA

JudyinGA
Newnan, GA
(Zone 7b)

May 26, 2010
8:07 AM

Post #7829161

Here's the arbor Bobby built. I think that's Confederate Jasmine (jessamine?) and some kind of climbing rose covering it.

Thumbnail by JudyinGA

JudyinGA

JudyinGA
Newnan, GA
(Zone 7b)

May 26, 2010
8:11 AM

Post #7829183

Sweet potato vine and million bells spill over an old rusty Coke machine.

Thumbnail by JudyinGA

JudyinGA

JudyinGA
Newnan, GA
(Zone 7b)

May 26, 2010
8:15 AM

Post #7829195

Million bells in an old galvanized tub. I think this was the third year they had come back. They didn't return this year but we had a horrendous winter.

Thumbnail by JudyinGA

JudyinGA

JudyinGA
Newnan, GA
(Zone 7b)

May 26, 2010
8:19 AM

Post #7829209

Looking toward the back door (which is actually on the side of the house).

Thumbnail by JudyinGA

JudyinGA

JudyinGA
Newnan, GA
(Zone 7b)

May 26, 2010
8:24 AM

Post #7829232

Seating area with fire pit near the "barn." It is huge and is where Bobby putters and Kay stores some of her antiques which are awaiting repairs, etc. It's also a garage.

Thumbnail by JudyinGA

JudyinGA

JudyinGA
Newnan, GA
(Zone 7b)

May 26, 2010
8:27 AM

Post #7829236

And this, of course, is the most whimsical thing of all ... Mr. Green Hair.

Thumbnail by JudyinGA

JudyinGA

JudyinGA
Newnan, GA
(Zone 7b)

May 26, 2010
8:32 AM

Post #7829252

Whew! That's about all. Thank you all for the wonderful comments.

I am so eager to get started on my own garden this year. Will post pics of my efforts as I go along. When I get discouraged, I go to Kay's and wander through the garden. As you all know, gardening is a never-ending thing. They are coming up with new stuff all the time. Seeing it all gives me the boost I need. Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did sharing it. I am so proud of them!
mattsmom
Tomah, WI

May 27, 2010
7:19 PM

Post #7834923

Judy- I love everything! Absolutely gorgeous! You should be very proud!

JudyinGA

JudyinGA
Newnan, GA
(Zone 7b)

May 27, 2010
10:45 PM

Post #7835325

Thank you, Mattsmom. I am very proud of them. Sure wish I had that eye and that talent!
MiniPonyFarmer
Gilmer, TX
(Zone 8b)

May 30, 2010
5:41 PM

Post #7843756

Beautiful!!!! Thanks for posting these!
Pippi21
Silver Spring, MD
(Zone 6b)

May 30, 2010
9:45 PM

Post #7844533

Judy, thanks for sharing photos of your sister's beautiful gardens with us. That old galvanized tub brought back lots of memories. My dear Mother used to rinse her clothes in one every wash day, sitting on a stool, she had a wringer washer until the 1960's. We also took our baths in that tin tub every Saturday night. That is a stunning planter(old rusted coke machine)Who would have ever thought to use it as a planter? I've seen the iron beds used as trellis. Slept in those too. You all have Ga. clay and pine straw and chiggers in that pine straw, right? LOL! Nobody up north uses pine straw for mulching but I know it is a Southern Tradition. Lots of pine trees in the South too. We had 4 1/2 acres of them and I hate a pine tree to this day. They're only good for pine cones and pulpwood.

JudyinGA

JudyinGA
Newnan, GA
(Zone 7b)

May 30, 2010
9:59 PM

Post #7844559

Mini and Pippi ... Thanks for the comments about Kay's garden. She has just joined DG (I tried to tell her about it last year but she wouldn't listen ... now she says she can't stay off of it LOL) so, hopefully, she will see the comments herself.

Pippi, that old galvanized tub, or one like it, served as a "swimming pool" for us kids when we were very young. That was before they invented plastic play pools. And yes, my grandmother had an old wringer-washer too, and the galvanized tub caught the clothes as they were flattened and squeezed through the wringer. My mother was lucky and in the mid 1940s got one of those newfangled E-Z Spindryers ... a machine that washed in one side and spun the water out in the other. Man! She thought she was UPtown! LOL

Not only chiggers in the pine straw but TICKS! Man, do you have to check yourself carefully after putting down pinestraw! But, yes, it is the mulch of choice for most southern gardens. I love my Georgia pines. I will cut down a sweetgum in a heartbeat but leave my pines alone, thank you! :-)
handbright
Coral Springs, FL
(Zone 10b)

June 2, 2010
9:06 AM

Post #7851795

To heck with Florida! Im moving!
What a beautiful cottage garden, thank you for sharing a "tour of the grounds..."
:)

JudyinGA

JudyinGA
Newnan, GA
(Zone 7b)

June 2, 2010
9:48 AM

Post #7851894

Thank you for the comments, Handbright. They work very hard on it but enjoy every minute.

I guess we're never satisfied ... I would give anything to be able to live in Florida (but near the Atlantic). I fell in love with it when I was about five years old.
plantsmore
Fairburn, GA

May 5, 2011
8:51 AM

Post #8541380

Hi Judy, I'm getting acquainted with you by threads that I just find by accident. Your sister's gardens are beautiful. Am looking forward to meeting you soon. Jean

JudyinGA

JudyinGA
Newnan, GA
(Zone 7b)

May 5, 2011
11:12 AM

Post #8541624

Thanks, Jean. She has been my inspiration. She is in Hollonville (Pike County) between Brooks and Griffin. The house was built in the 1930s. There was no garden when they moved there, only the pond that had been filled in with dirt. They have really put their hearts and souls into it.

Judy

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

May 7, 2011
1:51 PM

Post #8546098

I "toured" your garden and just wanted to cry! The "Gestopo" park manager where we had our little manufactured home (trailer, or what you call in your neck of the woods, 14 x 70) had BEAUTIFUl flower beds I had lovingly filled with flowers I had traded for from DaveGarden friends and LOTS of wonderful garden art. Our manager HATED my garden art and bullied us into getting rid of it. We just sold that place and I'm now trying to rebuild from scratch at a another home. I couldn't afford another pickup trip to get my Garden art (about $100 and one weekend). Oh well...

JudyinGA

JudyinGA
Newnan, GA
(Zone 7b)

May 9, 2011
5:51 PM

Post #8550869

Psychw2 ... I am so sorry about your garden art. We love our little odd pieces of what some consider "junk" don't we? I'm sure you will "rebuild" ... and have a lot of fun doing it. Please send photos of your progress and start another thread all your own. Things are starting to get a little strung out here. We'd love to see your new "art."

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

May 10, 2011
8:43 PM

Post #8553765

Thanks, I'll try to do that.

JudyinGA

JudyinGA
Newnan, GA
(Zone 7b)

May 11, 2011
9:50 AM

Post #8554717

Here's another she added this year ... an old plow with a wash tub in the middle ...

Thumbnail by JudyinGA

2SistersGarlic
Blockton, IA

May 23, 2011
7:40 AM

Post #8581630

Your garden is just beautiful! We are in the planning stages of creating a cottage garden and you've given us inspiration and ideas!
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

May 23, 2011
9:34 AM

Post #8581876

Durn, I just read this entire thread and have a ton of ideas now. Good luck on your gardens, Judy and thanks for showing us your sister's. I love everything about it

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

May 23, 2011
2:42 PM

Post #8582544

I've quite enjoyed the pictures of this garden and just love the pieces of odd items used in and around giving some added focal points mixed with the foliage and flowers. I'm always on the search for items that I can use in my garden for added interest. Thanks for posting the pictures.

JudyinGA

JudyinGA
Newnan, GA
(Zone 7b)

May 23, 2011
7:47 PM

Post #8583239

Thank y'all so much for the kind comments. I think Kay could put just about anything in her garden and it would look like it belonged there! Glad I was able to give some inspiration to others. She sure is an inspiration to me. She is a member of Dave's but I'm the "techie" person in the family. I do the pics and post them. One of these days when I get a decent garden going, I'll post some of my own.

JudyinGA

JudyinGA
Newnan, GA
(Zone 7b)

April 15, 2012
1:39 AM

Post #9082946

Since some of us are just starting out and others sometimes need inspiration for something new, I thought I'd bump this thread up for a re-run. It's my sister's garden. Enjoy.

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

April 15, 2012
11:18 AM

Post #9083413

It's a beauty, thanks for the rebump. Love seeing how others put persoal touches in. Who ever knew rust could look so good. Maybe thats the only place it should ever show up, the garden. lol. Are those red knockout roses fragrant and what is the mature height? Tell your sis thanks for helping to inspire the rest of us.

JudyinGA

JudyinGA
Newnan, GA
(Zone 7b)

April 15, 2012
3:31 PM

Post #9083745

Thanks for the compliment, warriorswisdomkathy. My sister should be on here somewhere eventually. LOL. Unfortunately, Knockout roses are not fragrant. I don't know what the "official" mature height is, but one in her garden is at least 8 feet tall, maybe more. She has never pruned or trimmed it. And, with that many blooms, it's almost impossible to deadhead all of them. I started out trying to deadhead mine then gave up. They do look sort of ratty between the big flushes, but they bloom continuously until frost. I don't think mine even lost all their leaves this year because it was so mild.
Pippi21
Silver Spring, MD
(Zone 6b)

April 18, 2012
7:33 AM

Post #9087371

Judy, I just revisted your sister's garden via your photos and although I commented on it back in May 2010, looking at those pictures again makes me homesick. As a child, I remember visiting some friend's house and her gardens looked a lot like your sisters but on a smaller piece of property. I remember the spanish moss hanging from the trees in her yard and the camelias, and wisteria..that part of NC is sandy, rather than your sister's Ga. clay. Isn't it funny when childhood memories come to the surface and now as an adult, you think it might not have look like that at all? I never had books to read so I don't think it came from my imagination. If you have the right piece of property and the right setting, and creativity, you can do so much, like your sister has done. Her porch is so typical of old houses, reminds me of a craftsman build home..That friend's house used to have French Style doors where she had white sheers hung and when she opened up the doors, and the sheers would bellow(flap?) from the breeze. Does your sister have any "Sweet shrubs" aka Carolina allspice? The scent from that is heavenly, and so are magnolias when they bloom, as are lilacs. Maybe the wisteria I spoke about was really lilacs. Their flowers are similar in color but wisteria needs an arbor to grow on because its vines get heavy and they need a good support system.
Looks like your sister has created" a lot of rooms "outdoors. Beautiful!

Now when are you going to show us your flowergardens, I bet they are just as pretty?

JudyinGA

JudyinGA
Newnan, GA
(Zone 7b)

April 18, 2012
11:40 AM

Post #9087647

Pippi21,
So glad you enjoyed your re-visit to Kay's garden. I haven't even been down there this year but she says it just gets prettier every year ... she says she guesses because it's maturing. She hasn't had as much time to devote to it this year because she has a somewhat new, thriving antiques business (that's where she gets some of that gorgeous rusty stuff). I don't think she has any sweet shrub, but I remember it growing wild in the woods near our house when I was a kid. Coming home from school we'd all pick a bud and smush it between our fingers. What a delightful scent. Wisteria grows wild here too and is considered invasive ... but oh, so pretty draping over the trees along the highways.

I only wish I had gardens like Kay's. I puttered around in 2009, then got started in earnest in 2010 and had beds prepared by a landscaping company. Went as hard as I could but only got part of the front planted before I gave out. I soon realized that gardens like Kay's take years to prepare and mature. Plus, there are two of them and only one of me. Last year I had bad health problems and did hardly anything. This year I'm going to go slower and have the help of portable oxygen to keep me from giving out so bad. I bought two ferns and some petunias for my front hanging baskets yesterday, plus four bright yellow tomato cages (LOL). Hope I can get all that done, hung and planted plus clean up the front porch a bit. I bought new cushions for the wicker chairs last year but never got the porch clean enough that I wanted to put them out. Plus, they may clash with the porch floor ... and you know what that means ... paint it. Groan.

There is a bunch of stuff on my back deck that is still sitting in pots. I'm trying to make myself plant all that before I buy anything else. I definitely am a plant hoarder. LOL I would love to have "rooms" in my huge back yard but I can't figure out how to do it ... divide it up ... whatever you want to call it. I sit and stare and try to imagine them but nothing concrete has hit home yet. I definitely am a cottage garden person ... I love the abandoned disorder and different colors and textures that just sort of come together. I will definitely send photos as I make ANY progress this year. All the people on Dave's have been so supportive and encouraging. Don't know what I'd do without them.

All I have so far are my Knockout roses that are going nuts in spite of being neglected last year. Here's what I'm working with. I have red petunias waiting to go in hanging basket for the front of the porch and Boston ferns for the side. Plus, I have Lantanas and Blue Daze for the planters at the foot of the steps. The second photo shows the front area (back in 2010 before the roses were planted) where I'm working now. Let's see if I can get that done today.

Thumbnail by JudyinGA   Thumbnail by JudyinGA
Click an image for an enlarged view.

Pippi21
Silver Spring, MD
(Zone 6b)

April 18, 2012
12:39 PM

Post #9087748

Boy, what a difference the color of the roses have done..You know with the exception of some hanging baskets, you may not need anything else in front. Wow! I didn't realized those type roses spread out like that. I am working with two rose bushes that were planted by the original seller, have no idea of the variety but they do well. One bush produces a coral color rose and the bush(wood)looks old. We've cut it all the way to the ground before and it comes back so I'm hanging on to it as long as it does that. The other rose bush is a nice pink color and in between it I have a yellow minature rose that was given my DH when he was in hospital one time and it is full of buds in the summertime, so they must be planted in right location. That gets the morning and early afternoon sun.

Thanks for sharing the pictures. So glad Kay's business is going well.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

April 18, 2012
10:00 PM

Post #9088394

Judy, THAT is beautiful! I have serious door and porch envy!!! I really dislike ours. A DARK carved wood door and covered with a generic white 1/2 screen door, VERY unattractive.
terri_emory
Alba, TX
(Zone 8a)

May 22, 2012
1:59 PM

Post #9133865

Judy, just found this thread. A late "Thanks" for posting all those lovely photos. =)

JudyinGA

JudyinGA
Newnan, GA
(Zone 7b)

May 24, 2012
12:09 PM

Post #9136791

You are very welcome, Terry. I love showing off Kay's garden. She has so many cute ideas.
klw414
Newnan, GA

June 22, 2012
3:13 PM

Post #9176292

Judy, just found this thread and love looking at the pictures of your sister's garden. I also live in Newnan (actually about 8 miles south of the square). Would love to meet you sometime and swap some gardening stories. I am fairly new at gardening. Just quite working 4 years ago and have enjoyed trying to get my yard and gardens in shape after years of neglect. It is a slow process, but coming along. Last year I put in a nice landscape at my 86 year old mother's house near Moreland. It went from trees, moss and clay to a colorful oasis int he woods for her to enjoy. It was fun, but didn't get much done at my house that year.
Thanks for sharing!
Kathy

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

June 22, 2012
4:22 PM

Post #9176356

Judy, just love the color of blue!!!! (house) The roses are gorgeous also...

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

JudyinGA

JudyinGA
Newnan, GA
(Zone 7b)

June 22, 2012
5:07 PM

Post #9176414

Kathy 1 (from Newnan)
I'd love to meet you too. I live in East Coweta about halfway between Newnan and Peachtree City... Thomas Crossroads area. I'm new at gardening also. Would love to have a cohort to learn with. I'm going to a gardening roundup in Cleveland, GA, tomorrow morning. Wish you had contacted me sooner and you could have gone too. This is only my second one but they are lots of fun ... friendship, plant-swapping and eating good food. Will send you a D-mail with phone number.

Kathy 2 (from Colorado). Thank you so much for the compliments. It really means a lot. My little tract house (before the porch and flowers) has turned into a country cottage and I couldn't be happier puttering around and making it look "homey."

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

June 22, 2012
6:47 PM

Post #9176582

Would you mind terribly if I asked the color of the paint on your house, mine needs painting, one of these days, you know after alllllll the other chores, planting, remodeling the kitchen, etc... lol. Kathy from Colo.

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cottage Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
my garden...ever changing notmartha 109 Jun 19, 2010 3:07 AM
The Evolution of a 1917 Cottage Garden lincolnitess 7 Jun 13, 2008 8:36 PM
June -to the end! notmartha 81 Mar 7, 2008 10:29 AM
i luv this pic notmartha 52 May 2, 2008 3:49 AM
Annuals in the Cottage Garden ladygardener1 68 Jun 6, 2010 1:15 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America