Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Mid-South Gardening: Anyone have these for trade?

Communities > Forums > Mid-South Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Mid-South GardeningReplies: 15, Views: 214
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
bluegrassmom
Lewisburg, KY
(Zone 6a)

May 26, 2010
2:48 AM

Post #7828509

Hi,
I am not getting any response on the Plant trading forum. So I thought I might try here. Would anyone have a few Bengal tiger or Tropicanna plants for trade? I would also love a few calla, blk EEs or Illustria, upright bulbs too. Maybe a double brug. Mandevillas, hibiscus. Let me know. I have lots of daylilies, hosta and iris to trade. I am to far away to make the RUs so maybe someone could send me a box. I also have a small Japanese maple I could send.

Thanks,
Teresa in KY
obbirds
Olive Branch, MS

May 26, 2010
7:15 PM

Post #7831574

HI, I am leaving tomorrow on vacation, but if you remind in a few weeks I will send you a box of different elephant ears if you have not already received any. Kenny
bluegrassmom
Lewisburg, KY
(Zone 6a)

May 27, 2010
5:02 AM

Post #7832404

Hi, Kenny
gen2026
Camden, AR

May 28, 2010
11:15 AM

Post #7836534

I am pretty sure that I have some of the bengal ... will need to see how much is down in my far bed. I did have tropicana but I can't remember if that is one of the ones I lost or not. Will have to find my sheet to look. Sorry I know I don't have any of the other things you listed...
Genna
bluegrassmom
Lewisburg, KY
(Zone 6a)

May 29, 2010
8:00 AM

Post #7839278

Genna, just 3 or 4 would be great. What are you interested in? I have trouble overwintering tropicals here. I just love them and cannot help myself. I would love to be in a warmer zone. Maybe someday :) My DH retires in about 4 yrs.
gen2026
Camden, AR

May 29, 2010
9:00 PM

Post #7841395

Oh, I didn't realize they were not hardy for you! I have a MAJOR remodel project going on this weekend - we are redoing a hardwood floor in a rent house, but I will try my best to get some dug on Monday evening so that I can get them in the mail to you. Teresa I LOVE daylilies and Iris too... I have maybe 20 - 30 of each. But would love to have more! I can't do hosta yet because the only shade I have is used as a deer bed and I think they would just EAT them!

genna
bluegrassmom
Lewisburg, KY
(Zone 6a)

May 30, 2010
5:52 AM

Post #7841838

Genna,
Do you have your dl list here? Deer do like hosta and so do rabbits. My lab keeps them at bay here. LMK what colors you are interested in. Ufs or rounds?
gen2026
Camden, AR

May 31, 2010
7:09 AM

Post #7845229

No, sorry, I can never get enough time to get a list caught up! :) But I have about 12 from Dan Hansen due to Lampchop's coops and about 4 of the Westborne DLs - actually I really think I have lost almost all of my Westborne's; and I have several unnamed Westborne seedlings...then the few others I have came from friends at Roundups. I love almost all of them, but I don't have any Ufs because I was partial to the traditional kind when I first started. I love yellows, or purples, or reds,,, well - actually ANY color! LOL I do love the Spacecoast ones and I only have one of those but I know they are usually more expensive... and one of those for a Bengal would probably not be a fair trade. I am easy to please...

I am also looking for any dark yellow or golden iris if you happen to have a pretty one of those. My beds are more of a cottage look with everything thrown together. I started out trying to have a plan then I would kill something - so I just started planting things to see if I could get stuff to live... :) Now, it is living but no distinct plan... but I am not a formal person so it suits me fine.

We have another long hard day ahead of us on our flooring project - it is taking even more time than expected and has not been going well - one problem after another type project, but I hope to get home tonight in time to dig the Bengals. It would be great if I could find my list so I would know if Cleopatra is the one I still have - I will TRY to find it and let you know. I have a yellow with red streaks blooming right now that I THINK I remember was Cleopatra, but I need to find my list... I have 6 other cannas too.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 31, 2010
9:33 AM

Post #7845607

I don't have anything your asking for but I do have a double pink daydreams brugmansia cutting, I can send you it's been in water quite somet ime and has quite a few roots on it already, send me a dmail with your address and I'll get it in the mail for postage.
gen2026
Camden, AR

May 31, 2010
6:33 PM

Post #7847157

Teresa you have dmail... :)
Genna
obbirds
Olive Branch, MS

June 6, 2010
8:37 AM

Post #7863547

HI, I will try to get a box of ears out to you this week. I till try to name the ones I can.
obbirds
Olive Branch, MS

June 6, 2010
4:53 PM

Post #7864860

I have the box ready to go out tomorrow. I got your address off the exchange so I hope it is right. I have a nice selection boxed up of colocasia's and an upright. Most are named. If you mulch them good in the fall ( we use leaves) and cover them good I bet they will come back.
bluegrassmom
Lewisburg, KY
(Zone 6a)

June 6, 2010
8:16 PM

Post #7865510

Thanks so much! I will be in great shape now! I may lift them this year and after they have babies experiment with leaving them in the ground. I had a 90 yr old uncle that left them out but put bags of raked leaves over them.
obbirds
Olive Branch, MS

June 6, 2010
8:27 PM

Post #7865546

I just shoved the leaves down in the box so they will be ugly looking when you get them . Put them in water when you get them for a little while then plant them. They be shape up in a few weeks.
tathib
Eunice, LA

June 21, 2010
11:51 PM

Post #7909369

I have some dwarf canna seedlings on the way.
bluegrassmom
Lewisburg, KY
(Zone 6a)

June 22, 2010
2:56 AM

Post #7909443

thanks, everyone! I have received some awesome plants. Once again DGers have been more than generous!

This request is fulfilled :)

Teresa

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Mid-South Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Mid-South Gardening forum! Terry 72 Jun 19, 2008 8:48 PM
Why Do Folks Love Living in the South? FlowrLady 174 Jan 21, 2008 1:12 AM
Look at my daffodils! chicochi3 37 Nov 6, 2007 4:00 PM
New to this forum corgimom 40 Jul 22, 2010 11:22 AM
Help!! My Hibiscus is ?????????? elamap 2 May 3, 2007 4:59 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America