CLOSED: Let's Have A BLAST In July!

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

We'll be sharing Garden Statues or Garden Ornaments like Bunnies, Birds, Bees, Ladybugs, Ants, Armadillos, Angels, Spiders, Snails, Snakes, Turtles, and Tarantulas, just to name a few.

Put those letters together and we're going to have a BLAST!

1. The value of your package should not exceed $20 prior to postage.

2. When you sign up, list your favorites, even if they aren't on the suggested list, and also mention those you do not like.

3. You should also let us know if you'd prefer to have three $6.50 items, two $10 items, or one $20 item. If you're a savvy shopper and find yours on sale, go by the suggested retail price and not what you actually paid. If you're a crafter, handmade items are Welcome. These are hard times for a lot of us and we don't want to leave anyone out.

3. Statues or Ornaments may be made of glazed ceramic, resin, metal, concrete, or any other material that can withstand the fluctuations of hot and cold outdoor weather.

4. Please do your best to accommodate your Buddy's wishes and come as close to them as you possibly can.

5. Post a photo of the item(s) you receive.

6. If you are not in the addy exchange, please D-mail your mailing info to me when you sign up.

7. Sign-up til July 1st. Partners will be assigned on Sunday, July 4th, or sooner depending on interest.

8. Our mail deadline is Wednesday, July 21st.

This message was edited Jun 13, 2010 8:03 PM

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

Reserved for our participants

abbisgranma / Marion -- Gnomes, Turtles and really loves LADYBUGS. NO SNAKES!
Bettypauze / Betty --
catbirdsue / Cathy --
ClanCampbell / Chris: NO Spiders -- Snakes are OK. Her "garden" is now inside but still loves garden art: gnomes, fairies, rocks; something that could go on a wall, such as windchimes or bird art (loves blue jays and cardinals, goldfinch and chickadees) Brightly decorated planters "cutesy" and rustic too.. bright colors. 1-5 items.
ddbydeb / Deb -- Frogs, lizards, snakes, dragonflies, ladybugs...bugs period; also birds and birdhouses, stepping stones, bird baths.
FruitOfTHeVine / Susan: 1 or 2 items --- I'm game for any critters except SNAKES.

froggies_girl / Julie: B- birdhouse, bees, blue flowering plants, banana plants, bird of paradise plant, butterflies, butterfly bushes -- L- ladybugs, lights (solar), lizards, lilies -- A- angels -- S- seeds for tropical plants or red, white, blue plants; snails, subscription to Birds and Blooms magazine, stepping stones -- T- toads (frogs), turtles,

GAgirl1066 / Paula: NO Gnomes. Loves garden statues and the like, especially bunnies, most animals and bugs that are cute. Also neat birdhouses.
happgarden / Joyce: not particular, likes about anything
heavenscape / Jaye -- one $20 item. NO SNAKES and NO OWLS.
janaestone / Di: Surprise her with the # of gifts --- especially fond of beehives and birdhouses.
jordankittyjo / Kathy -- frogs, fairies, gnomes, hummingbirds, just about anything. NO SPIDERS or SNAKES
jsxtiger / Joyce: NO SNAKES
Meickle2003 / Mickey: NO snakes, NO ugly bugs, NO fairies, and NO gnomes please. Likes Angels, Cherubs, Frogs, Solar Lights, and anything with Bible verses. Prefers to receive 1 item and has a new Memory Garden for her Mom who passed away April 20th.
rouxcrew / Joy: Nothing "cutesy" or gnomes or fairies. Love things that blow in the wind, birdhouses, beehives, most anything for a cottage garden. 1 or 2.
rvnsbrk / Neener : NO Angels. Love anything cutsie, especially ladybugs, hedgehogs, or any other kind of critters.
taters55 / Linda Kay: Favorites are small garden Angels, or Frogs, or Hummingbirds. Also loves surprises.

This message was edited Jun 28, 2010 6:37 PM

Victoria Harbour, ON

Boy oh boy, you just had to know I was going to sign up..lol

Oh good, Betty, I tried to come up with a new concept I don't think has been offered and would be tempting! Is there anything on the list you don't like or would like to add?

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

I am going to go ahead and join now, cuz I KNOW that you will twist my arm all the way from VA!! ;P lol. I like OWLS and FAIRIES, birdhoueses,feeders,hummingbirds,skunks. Pretty much anything. I don't mean the plastic owls that scare things away either. Pretty ,colorful owls. ( I have a blue one, but it broke on me over the winter ;( sad )

Surprise me with the prices (3,2, or 1 item)

Erin

This message was edited Jun 4, 2010 2:01 PM

(Di) Seven Mile, OH(Zone 6b)

No twisting my arm -I just finished up my first swap and I'm addicted! I love the idea of swapping decor like this.

I love anything to do with beehives/beeskeps, bees or birdhouse-y things.

I'm up for a surprise as far as the number of items.

Di

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

LOl I have 4 juvenile armadillos I would like to send somewhere, can I send those if I sign up?

Welcome Erin & Di! Swaps are like eating popcorn, we're always diving in the bowl for the next handful.

LOL Maid M. Try again unless they're petrified.

Leesburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Fruit Punch sign me up. This may be a nice cheery thing to look forward to.

I love anything cutsie. Especially ladybugs, hedgehogs, or any other kind of critter.

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk

Cool Neener, you're in girlfriend.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Favor to ask..with me travelling to USA on June 24th, DO YOU THINK it would offend any one to ask for my name so I can mail on your side of the border???? OK if it's not a possibility, was just a thought..

Sure, Betty, good idea and you'll receive your name early.

Victoria Harbour, ON

You are all toooo accommodating...I'm excited..swap will be enjoyable..so enjoy garden art regardless of what kind!

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Baby armadillos?, so are the babies cute, cause the big guys aren't exactly what I would say look cuddley! Armadillos are already in southern Missouri and the gardeners aren't happy about them so luckily you don't know my DH cause short of a snake I think he would adobt anything.....(I am not talking about me so stop smiling...LOL)

Bettypause, we aren't accommodating, we are pushers, feeding those adictions....rofl....

Oh yeah, I want in if you will let me now that I have been lippy....just saw something the other day I fell in love with but didn't get. Now I can get it for someone else.....

Edited to say oh yeah, I am not particular I like about anything. But one thing would be nice.

This message was edited Jun 2, 2010 7:57 AM

(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

Fruity, I give in, sign me up. I was going to take a break from all this but it is sooooooo addictive.
I don't do "cutesy" or gnomes or fairies. Love things that blow in the wind, birdhouses, beehives, most anything for a cottage garden. 1 or 2.

Marion, I have a plethera of TX. rat snakes. I send you some and you send me dilla's. ROFLMAO when I think of the poor postman! My snakes have had a good spring, we saw one yesterday that measured over 6 feet.

Joy

Thumbnail by rouxcrew
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Add me to the list please. My favorites are small garden angels, or frogs, or hummingbirds. Anything will work, I love surprises.

Leesburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Hey Joy!!!

Great to see you back home again. I like snakes and them other little critters too. Just ask Fruity. She doesn't like my favorite shirt. :)))

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk
(jax) Dundalk, MD(Zone 7a)

...........dont like snakes........kin i play?....................dont like snakes................i wanna play.................dont like snakes.........will somebodys let me in........dont like snakes! Thank you. oh, did i's mention, I dont like snakes!!!!!

why, ya may ask........cuz while sitting in ther corner, waiting on yall.........i's sees a pink snakes!

(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

Ooooo, coral and copperhead(?) or is it a rattler? Is that your misnamed little kitty?

Got in a while back, Lite's feet weren't healed enough and she had a tough time. But she is doing much better and I am starting to get her in shape just a little.
Thought about you and Fruity today when I was in the kitchen making my Cranberry Walnut Chevre. And when I was in the garden this morning looking at my peppers. Jalapenos are already producing but the Habeneros are starting to come on. Looks like I'll be canning my Pineapple Habenero jam and my candied Jalapenos before too much longer. Woo Hoo! I've got to start now to get things ready for my road trip across country to see y'all. Can't go visiting without Prezzies!

Here is my little Maizie although she is getting a little bit bigger now.

Thumbnail by rouxcrew
Blackshear, GA

Hi Fruity,
Neener, love the fruit punch, you are so funny! I want to play. Love garden statues and things, especially bunnies, most animals and bugs that are cute. No gnomes please. Also love neat birdhouses. Have you left yet, fruity?Hope you catch a lot of fish.

Leesburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Joy that is the sweetest kitty. Too funny about the name. If our little guy had been a girl we were going to name her Maysie after my MIL. Kitty was born on St. Pattys Day and that is the day she passed away. But she turned out to be a he and boy is he a pistol! The garden is his jungle and last night he already got a big fat cricket to tear apart. I am counting the days until he can start on the mole population. I was going to ask about Lite. Hope she is better soon.

No snakes for Jax! No gnomes for Elfie.. Got it.

Hi Everyone! My MIL came for a visit yesterday. Don't you just love a surprise visit when you have SO much to do. Well you know what I mean, nice spending time with her, just bad timing. Then we had horrendous T-storms yesterday evening with the coolest longest streaky lightning, one of my favorite things to watch.

What a co-ink-e-dink about the Maizie / Maysie kitty names. Love the pics you two!

LOL Paula, my mind left a long time ago.

OK, I think I've caught up and have everyone added to the top, so far....

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

I'd Love to play BUT I Have got to sit this one out I Just don't have time or efford to go shop before my surgery it is the 18th of june & I just have way to much to get done in my gardens yet .
but i will try to stop in & Say hi now & Again , & Trully Drewel over all you critters :) I Would have loved some ducks or Turkeys :) to add in with my other bears & Dogs :)
You all have fun with this one .

susie

We understand, Susie, and please do stop by anytime to chat. If you change your mind and need a later mail date, you're know that's perfectly fine and your partner will understand. In the meantime, I hope your gall bladder surgery goes well, and you have an awesome Plant Swap next week-end! I'll be thinking about you and sure wish I could be there. Maybe one of these days :) Take pics if you have time and let us know how it went.

Chillicothe, IL(Zone 6a)

Me please!!!

No snakes or ugly bugs, fairies, gnomes. Like angels or cherrubs, solar light things, things with Bible verses and frogs. As far as items 1 larger item would be best. Would love to use whatever I get in the memorial garden I have started in memory of my mom who passed away April 20.

Mickey

Hi Mickey! I'm so glad you've joined us. Please let me know if what I've added to your name above is OK with you. And everybody else too.

I'm already starting to miss y'all even though we haven't left yet. If I'm lucky, I may be able to check in but that's iffy.

This message was edited May 30, 2010 8:37 AM

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

Susie, what surgery are you having?

Have fun on your vacation! Take lots of pictures.

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

going to have my galbladder removed on the 18th So trying to get my yard work caught up now I Love all these swaps But I Just have to sit back & Watch for awhile .

well i'm off to go call my brother in fla & Chat for a bit you all have a great day .
susie

Chillicothe, IL(Zone 6a)

Looks good to me Fruit. Sorry I was so MIA for so long, I just did not feel up to much socialization with the passing of my mom. She was not only my mom but was my best friend. I didnt realize just how close we were till she was gone. I miss her so much, but I have started a memorial garden in her memory which is coming along nicely. I am using all perenials so I dont have to re-plant it every year.

I hope everyone has been doing ok. Hugs to all,
Mickey

What a wonderful tribute to your Mom, Mickey. We've missed you too. ((Hugs back))

Ocean Springs, MS

Count me in! Let's just say that frogs are Toads, so that can be the "T" in BLAST! LOL
love, julie

Sounds good to me, Julie...lol

(Chris) Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

I held off and I held off.. but I can't stands it no more!! Please add me to the list LOL..

My "garden" is now inside but I still love the garden art: gnomes, fairies, rocks (Fruity, you should see the one I got this weekend!! woohoo!) Something that could go on a wall, such as windchimes or bird art (I love blue jays and cardinals, goldfinch and chickadees) Brightly decorated planters too.. am I coming close to "BLAST"??? LOL.. I love "cutesy" and rustic too.. bright colors!

No spiders, but love snakes :)

Surprise me on however many my buddy wants to send 1-5 :)

Thanks!
Chris

You rock, Chris...LOL!

See y'all in a few days. When this thread gets too long, any of you feel free to jump in and add a new one. OK?

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

me please
love frogs, fairys gnomes, hummingbirds, just about anything-- nbut please NO SPIDERS or SNAKES

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

I also like butterflies. =)

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

I'm in......love the swaps. I like birds, hummingbirds, dragonflies, butterflies, frogs. Flags, solar lights, chimes, pot sitters, anything for the garden. No snakes please! Number of items doesn't matter.

Debbie

Well my babies have run away--actually they have moved on to visiting the neighbors farther up the street so I guess I can't send them to anyone. Thanks but no thanks on the snakes. like Jax, I don't like snakes, really don't like snakes, really, really don't like snakes--In fact, I HATE snakes.

Love ladybugs!!! gnomes, turtles, NO SNAKES

Marion, are you saying you want extra snakes? LOL!

Only if you want extra armadillos! LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.