Photo by Melody

Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins: CLOSED: Let's Have A BLAST In July!

Communities > Forums > Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins
bookmark
Forum: Group Trades, Swaps and Round RobinsReplies: 118, Views: 1,106
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 27, 2010
4:55 PM

Post #7834514

We'll be sharing Garden Statues or Garden Ornaments like Bunnies, Birds, Bees, Ladybugs, Ants, Armadillos, Angels, Spiders, Snails, Snakes, Turtles, and Tarantulas, just to name a few.

Put those letters together and we're going to have a BLAST!

1. The value of your package should not exceed $20 prior to postage.

2. When you sign up, list your favorites, even if they aren't on the suggested list, and also mention those you do not like.

3. You should also let us know if you'd prefer to have three $6.50 items, two $10 items, or one $20 item. If you're a savvy shopper and find yours on sale, go by the suggested retail price and not what you actually paid. If you're a crafter, handmade items are Welcome. These are hard times for a lot of us and we don't want to leave anyone out.

3. Statues or Ornaments may be made of glazed ceramic, resin, metal, concrete, or any other material that can withstand the fluctuations of hot and cold outdoor weather.

4. Please do your best to accommodate your Buddy's wishes and come as close to them as you possibly can.

5. Post a photo of the item(s) you receive.

6. If you are not in the addy exchange, please D-mail your mailing info to me when you sign up.

7. Sign-up til July 1st. Partners will be assigned on Sunday, July 4th, or sooner depending on interest.

8. Our mail deadline is Wednesday, July 21st.

This message was edited Jun 13, 2010 8:03 PM

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine
Click the image for an enlarged view.

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 27, 2010
4:56 PM

Post #7834515

Reserved for our participants

abbisgranma / Marion -- Gnomes, Turtles and really loves LADYBUGS. NO SNAKES!
Bettypauze / Betty --
catbirdsue / Cathy --
ClanCampbell / Chris: NO Spiders -- Snakes are OK. Her "garden" is now inside but still loves garden art: gnomes, fairies, rocks; something that could go on a wall, such as windchimes or bird art (loves blue jays and cardinals, goldfinch and chickadees) Brightly decorated planters "cutesy" and rustic too.. bright colors. 1-5 items.
ddbydeb / Deb -- Frogs, lizards, snakes, dragonflies, ladybugs...bugs period; also birds and birdhouses, stepping stones, bird baths.
FruitOfTHeVine / Susan: 1 or 2 items --- I'm game for any critters except SNAKES.

froggies_girl / Julie: B- birdhouse, bees, blue flowering plants, banana plants, bird of paradise plant, butterflies, butterfly bushes -- L- ladybugs, lights (solar), lizards, lilies -- A- angels -- S- seeds for tropical plants or red, white, blue plants; snails, subscription to Birds and Blooms magazine, stepping stones -- T- toads (frogs), turtles,

GAgirl1066 / Paula: NO Gnomes. Loves garden statues and the like, especially bunnies, most animals and bugs that are cute. Also neat birdhouses.
happgarden / Joyce: not particular, likes about anything
heavenscape / Jaye -- one $20 item. NO SNAKES and NO OWLS.
janaestone / Di: Surprise her with the # of gifts --- especially fond of beehives and birdhouses.
jordankittyjo / Kathy -- frogs, fairies, gnomes, hummingbirds, just about anything. NO SPIDERS or SNAKES
jsxtiger / Joyce: NO SNAKES
Meickle2003 / Mickey: NO snakes, NO ugly bugs, NO fairies, and NO gnomes please. Likes Angels, Cherubs, Frogs, Solar Lights, and anything with Bible verses. Prefers to receive 1 item and has a new Memory Garden for her Mom who passed away April 20th.
rouxcrew / Joy: Nothing "cutesy" or gnomes or fairies. Love things that blow in the wind, birdhouses, beehives, most anything for a cottage garden. 1 or 2.
rvnsbrk / Neener : NO Angels. Love anything cutsie, especially ladybugs, hedgehogs, or any other kind of critters.
taters55 / Linda Kay: Favorites are small garden Angels, or Frogs, or Hummingbirds. Also loves surprises.

This message was edited Jun 28, 2010 6:37 PM

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 27, 2010
5:59 PM

Post #7834653

Boy oh boy, you just had to know I was going to sign up..lol
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 27, 2010
6:20 PM

Post #7834705

Oh good, Betty, I tried to come up with a new concept I don't think has been offered and would be tempting! Is there anything on the list you don't like or would like to add?
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 27, 2010
6:25 PM

Post #7834724

I am going to go ahead and join now, cuz I KNOW that you will twist my arm all the way from VA!! ;P lol. I like OWLS and FAIRIES, birdhoueses,feeders,hummingbirds,skunks. Pretty much anything. I don't mean the plastic owls that scare things away either. Pretty ,colorful owls. ( I have a blue one, but it broke on me over the winter ;( sad )

Surprise me with the prices (3,2, or 1 item)

Erin

This message was edited Jun 4, 2010 2:01 PM
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

May 27, 2010
6:39 PM

Post #7834778

No twisting my arm -I just finished up my first swap and I'm addicted! I love the idea of swapping decor like this.

I love anything to do with beehives/beeskeps, bees or birdhouse-y things.

I'm up for a surprise as far as the number of items.

Di
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

May 27, 2010
7:51 PM

Post #7835005

LOl I have 4 juvenile armadillos I would like to send somewhere, can I send those if I sign up?
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 27, 2010
9:04 PM

Post #7835154

Welcome Erin & Di! Swaps are like eating popcorn, we're always diving in the bowl for the next handful.

LOL Maid M. Try again unless they're petrified.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 28, 2010
6:40 AM

Post #7835722

Fruit Punch sign me up. This may be a nice cheery thing to look forward to.

I love anything cutsie. Especially ladybugs, hedgehogs, or any other kind of critter.

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 28, 2010
7:06 AM

Post #7835783

Cool Neener, you're in girlfriend.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 28, 2010
7:17 AM

Post #7835808

Favor to ask..with me travelling to USA on June 24th, DO YOU THINK it would offend any one to ask for my name so I can mail on your side of the border???? OK if it's not a possibility, was just a thought..
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 28, 2010
7:23 AM

Post #7835823

Sure, Betty, good idea and you'll receive your name early.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 28, 2010
7:42 AM

Post #7835856

You are all toooo accommodating...I'm excited..swap will be enjoyable..so enjoy garden art regardless of what kind!
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

May 28, 2010
11:28 AM

Post #7836582

Baby armadillos?, so are the babies cute, cause the big guys aren't exactly what I would say look cuddley! Armadillos are already in southern Missouri and the gardeners aren't happy about them so luckily you don't know my DH cause short of a snake I think he would adobt anything...(I am not talking about me so stop smiling...LOL)

Bettypause, we aren't accommodating, we are pushers, feeding those adictions...rofl...

Oh yeah, I want in if you will let me now that I have been lippy...just saw something the other day I fell in love with but didn't get. Now I can get it for someone else...

Edited to say oh yeah, I am not particular I like about anything. But one thing would be nice.

This message was edited Jun 2, 2010 7:57 AM

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

May 28, 2010
11:55 AM

Post #7836662

Fruity, I give in, sign me up. I was going to take a break from all this but it is sooooooo addictive.
I don't do "cutesy" or gnomes or fairies. Love things that blow in the wind, birdhouses, beehives, most anything for a cottage garden. 1 or 2.

Marion, I have a plethera of TX. rat snakes. I send you some and you send me dilla's. ROFLMAO when I think of the poor postman! My snakes have had a good spring, we saw one yesterday that measured over 6 feet.

Joy

Thumbnail by rouxcrew

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 28, 2010
12:21 PM

Post #7836744

Add me to the list please. My favorites are small garden angels, or frogs, or hummingbirds. Anything will work, I love surprises.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 28, 2010
2:55 PM

Post #7837197

Hey Joy!!!

Great to see you back home again. I like snakes and them other little critters too. Just ask Fruity. She doesn't like my favorite shirt. :)))

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk

jsxtiger

jsxtiger
(jax) Dundalk, MD
(Zone 7a)

May 28, 2010
4:21 PM

Post #7837377

...dont like snakes...kin i play?...dont like snakes...i wanna play...dont like snakes...will somebodys let me in...dont like snakes! Thank you. oh, did i's mention, I dont like snakes!!!!!

why, ya may ask...cuz while sitting in ther corner, waiting on yall...i's sees a pink snakes!

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

May 28, 2010
4:27 PM

Post #7837398

Ooooo, coral and copperhead(?) or is it a rattler? Is that your misnamed little kitty?

Got in a while back, Lite's feet weren't healed enough and she had a tough time. But she is doing much better and I am starting to get her in shape just a little.
Thought about you and Fruity today when I was in the kitchen making my Cranberry Walnut Chevre. And when I was in the garden this morning looking at my peppers. Jalapenos are already producing but the Habeneros are starting to come on. Looks like I'll be canning my Pineapple Habenero jam and my candied Jalapenos before too much longer. Woo Hoo! I've got to start now to get things ready for my road trip across country to see y'all. Can't go visiting without Prezzies!

Here is my little Maizie although she is getting a little bit bigger now.

Thumbnail by rouxcrew

GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

May 29, 2010
5:41 AM

Post #7838885

Hi Fruity,
Neener, love the fruit punch, you are so funny! I want to play. Love garden statues and things, especially bunnies, most animals and bugs that are cute. No gnomes please. Also love neat birdhouses. Have you left yet, fruity?Hope you catch a lot of fish.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 29, 2010
6:13 AM

Post #7838931

Joy that is the sweetest kitty. Too funny about the name. If our little guy had been a girl we were going to name her Maysie after my MIL. Kitty was born on St. Pattys Day and that is the day she passed away. But she turned out to be a he and boy is he a pistol! The garden is his jungle and last night he already got a big fat cricket to tear apart. I am counting the days until he can start on the mole population. I was going to ask about Lite. Hope she is better soon.

No snakes for Jax! No gnomes for Elfie.. Got it.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 29, 2010
8:39 AM

Post #7839357

Hi Everyone! My MIL came for a visit yesterday. Don't you just love a surprise visit when you have SO much to do. Well you know what I mean, nice spending time with her, just bad timing. Then we had horrendous T-storms yesterday evening with the coolest longest streaky lightning, one of my favorite things to watch.

What a co-ink-e-dink about the Maizie / Maysie kitty names. Love the pics you two!

LOL Paula, my mind left a long time ago.

OK, I think I've caught up and have everyone added to the top, so far...

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

May 29, 2010
11:30 AM

Post #7839918

I'd Love to play BUT I Have got to sit this one out I Just don't have time or efford to go shop before my surgery it is the 18th of june & I just have way to much to get done in my gardens yet .
but i will try to stop in & Say hi now & Again , & Trully Drewel over all you critters :) I Would have loved some ducks or Turkeys :) to add in with my other bears & Dogs :)
You all have fun with this one .

susie
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 29, 2010
2:47 PM

Post #7840424

We understand, Susie, and please do stop by anytime to chat. If you change your mind and need a later mail date, you're know that's perfectly fine and your partner will understand. In the meantime, I hope your gall bladder surgery goes well, and you have an awesome Plant Swap next week-end! I'll be thinking about you and sure wish I could be there. Maybe one of these days :) Take pics if you have time and let us know how it went.
Meickle2003
Chillicothe, IL
(Zone 6a)

May 29, 2010
4:57 PM

Post #7840734

Me please!!!

No snakes or ugly bugs, fairies, gnomes. Like angels or cherrubs, solar light things, things with Bible verses and frogs. As far as items 1 larger item would be best. Would love to use whatever I get in the memorial garden I have started in memory of my mom who passed away April 20.

Mickey
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 29, 2010
6:14 PM

Post #7840954

Hi Mickey! I'm so glad you've joined us. Please let me know if what I've added to your name above is OK with you. And everybody else too.

I'm already starting to miss y'all even though we haven't left yet. If I'm lucky, I may be able to check in but that's iffy.

This message was edited May 30, 2010 8:37 AM

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 30, 2010
4:02 AM

Post #7841644

Susie, what surgery are you having?

Have fun on your vacation! Take lots of pictures.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

May 30, 2010
4:39 AM

Post #7841702

going to have my galbladder removed on the 18th So trying to get my yard work caught up now I Love all these swaps But I Just have to sit back & Watch for awhile .

well i'm off to go call my brother in fla & Chat for a bit you all have a great day .
susie
Meickle2003
Chillicothe, IL
(Zone 6a)

May 30, 2010
5:59 AM

Post #7841850

Looks good to me Fruit. Sorry I was so MIA for so long, I just did not feel up to much socialization with the passing of my mom. She was not only my mom but was my best friend. I didnt realize just how close we were till she was gone. I miss her so much, but I have started a memorial garden in her memory which is coming along nicely. I am using all perenials so I dont have to re-plant it every year.

I hope everyone has been doing ok. Hugs to all,
Mickey
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 30, 2010
6:44 AM

Post #7841942

What a wonderful tribute to your Mom, Mickey. We've missed you too. ((Hugs back))

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

May 30, 2010
1:36 PM

Post #7843140

Count me in! Let's just say that frogs are Toads, so that can be the "T" in BLAST! LOL
love, julie
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 30, 2010
3:53 PM

Post #7843469

Sounds good to me, Julie...lol

ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

May 30, 2010
7:10 PM

Post #7844044

I held off and I held off.. but I can't stands it no more!! Please add me to the list LOL..

My "garden" is now inside but I still love the garden art: gnomes, fairies, rocks (Fruity, you should see the one I got this weekend!! woohoo!) Something that could go on a wall, such as windchimes or bird art (I love blue jays and cardinals, goldfinch and chickadees) Brightly decorated planters too.. am I coming close to "BLAST"??? LOL.. I love "cutesy" and rustic too.. bright colors!

No spiders, but love snakes :)

Surprise me on however many my buddy wants to send 1-5 :)

Thanks!
Chris
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 31, 2010
6:30 AM

Post #7845149

You rock, Chris...LOL!

See y'all in a few days. When this thread gets too long, any of you feel free to jump in and add a new one. OK?

jordankittyjo

jordankittyjo
Bessemer, AL
(Zone 8b)

June 1, 2010
6:05 AM

Post #7848004

me please
love frogs, fairys gnomes, hummingbirds, just about anything-- nbut please NO SPIDERS or SNAKES
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

June 1, 2010
8:18 AM

Post #7848352

I also like butterflies. =)
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

June 1, 2010
11:33 AM

Post #7848919

I'm in...love the swaps. I like birds, hummingbirds, dragonflies, butterflies, frogs. Flags, solar lights, chimes, pot sitters, anything for the garden. No snakes please! Number of items doesn't matter.

Debbie
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 2, 2010
8:43 PM

Post #7853899

Well my babies have run away--actually they have moved on to visiting the neighbors farther up the street so I guess I can't send them to anyone. Thanks but no thanks on the snakes. like Jax, I don't like snakes, really don't like snakes, really, really don't like snakes--In fact, I HATE snakes.

Love ladybugs!!! gnomes, turtles, NO SNAKES

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 3, 2010
10:07 AM

Post #7855166

Marion, are you saying you want extra snakes? LOL!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 3, 2010
10:20 AM

Post #7855220

Only if you want extra armadillos! LOL

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 3, 2010
10:24 AM

Post #7855242

No thanks, I have enough of them here! They dig too much!
ddbydeb
Summerville, SC
(Zone 9b)

June 4, 2010
12:16 PM

Post #7858767

Oh Sign me up please!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 4, 2010
5:35 PM

Post #7859526

Welcome jordankittyjo, irisluvr0252, and ddbydeb!

I'm online tonight courtesy of friends who are staying with us this week-end and will add your names to our list as soon as I can. In the meantime, back to vacation!

ddbydeb
Summerville, SC
(Zone 9b)

June 4, 2010
7:55 PM

Post #7859825

Have a great time on vacation!
Deb
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

June 5, 2010
4:36 AM

Post #7860313

Anyone know where to buy garden decor online other than collections,etc. ? Maybe something that takes paypal also. If not thats fine. I would just like to know another online store.

Erin
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 5, 2010
9:34 AM

Post #7860940

Try Terry's Village.
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

June 5, 2010
1:52 PM

Post #7861561

Ran out in a rain storm to take this guys picture in front of my flower bed. =)

Erin

Thumbnail by momoftwo607

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

June 5, 2010
2:30 PM

Post #7861654

Isn't he a beauty..
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 5, 2010
5:09 PM

Post #7861979

We had some visitors during the rain also but no way was about to go take a picture--a snake and an armadillo.
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

June 5, 2010
5:52 PM

Post #7862087

I HAVE A SNAIL/SLUG INFESTATION. Anyone have any tricks to get rid/kill them? I poured salt all over them already. I'll see how I did in the morning. Here's another picture of my visitor. =)

Erin

Thumbnail by momoftwo607

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 5, 2010
5:56 PM

Post #7862100

Cool turtle, Erin. The usual ones we see around here after lots of rain are Box Turtles.

Oh good, Marion, at least you didn't post a snake pic. Now one of an Armadillo I could probably handle.
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

June 5, 2010
6:01 PM

Post #7862108

how do you guys paint rocks? With what kind of paint.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 5, 2010
6:06 PM

Post #7862118

Be careful of the salt, it will kill the plants. They make a slug bait. Check your stores for it, also I have heard a small lid full of beer works, but don't place where your furry friend can get to it.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 5, 2010
6:12 PM

Post #7862134

Try placing saucers or jar lids filled with beer among your plants that are slug infested.

Betty or Deb will probably have the best advice about painting rocks.

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 6, 2010
6:33 AM

Post #7863258

The beer things works great. They crawl into it, get drunk and drown. Not a bad way to go. :0)

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 6, 2010
6:48 AM

Post #7863288

http://www.allfreecrafts.com/nature/river-rocks.shtml

Here is one article for painting rocks.

Just acrylic paint it says.
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

June 6, 2010
8:19 AM

Post #7863504

I just looked at that article. I have reserved a book on painting rocks at our library so hopefully it will be in soon!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

June 6, 2010
12:12 PM

Post #7864154

Glad you got some answers...if there is something you don't quite understand from the book, please feel free to ask...someone here will have the answer...

Tired/tired...did my grandson's 'Ride for the Cure' bike-a-thon he organizes..little one made just over $3,000 so again a success this year..shows each of us can make a difference...off for a hot bath hoping to soothe these sore muscles..
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

June 7, 2010
11:03 AM

Post #7867125

Congratulations Bettypauze and "little one" making the $3,000, congrats, that is a great accomplishment.

We do the Relay for Life walk all night and it does make a difference. Course walking I think is easier than bike riding...LOL A bunch of friends get together and we talk all night and you don't realize you are walking...LOL
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 11, 2010
6:43 PM

Post #7880121

We had a wonderful vacation and I'm sorry I wasn't able to keep up. I've missed each one of you so much!

Congrats, Betty...that's quite an accomplishment. And happgarden I remember how you and your group walked last year all night long. I love to walk but that takes the cake.

ddbydeb
Summerville, SC
(Zone 9b)

June 11, 2010
7:53 PM

Post #7880313

Hi here is a link to who I call the ROCK Painting Queen! its probably her book you have on reserve at the library. She does the most amazing things with rocks! I think I must have every book she puts out. http://www.linwellford.com/
She uses Acrylic paint on them and then seals them. I sue outdoor brush on sealer. Make sure you get a product the has UV protection or it will yellow over time.
Sorry I have not been on much. Bil had to take me to the emergency day before yesterday. I have a 6 mm kidney stone am trying to pass and an pretty good infection along with it to boot that has him concerned . The uroligist says it is highly doubtfull I will do so but gave me some flomax to try and coax it along LOL! Come monday we will see were we go from here if I do not pass it. I have had one before so do not look forward to trying to pass this even bigger one LOL! At least it does not hurt for the moment :)
Will be able to finish out my projects Sat !
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

June 12, 2010
4:29 AM

Post #7881060

Thank you Deb, I had my brother pick some paint up for me yesterday and have one of Lin's books. I am waiting for a couple more from the library. The kids are enjoying it too! I will look for sealer with UV protectant, thank you .

Erin
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

June 12, 2010
4:51 AM

Post #7881076

What kind of sealer do you use with the UV protectant?

Erin

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 12, 2010
7:56 AM

Post #7881447

Welcome back Susan!! Found new fruits on your vacation, to add to your hat??
Hehehe... add me to this crazy swap!
No snakes.. no owls.. please.
1 $20 item. Easier to pack.

Elfs_Garden
( Kris) Smiths, AL
(Zone 8a)

June 12, 2010
9:40 AM

Post #7881741

I am sorry to say I will be dropping out of this,,,sigh,, I have to go to Nevada next month,, family issues.. Have fun everyone!!

Elfie

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 12, 2010
12:57 PM

Post #7882149

Kris, please be carefull on your trip! Do hope everyone is OK!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

June 12, 2010
1:33 PM

Post #7882235

Got my swap treasure to mail to my bud BUT will keep it safe until the 24th when I cross the border...yikes, with everything I'm taking across the border I'm sure those agents will have to pull me aside and check what's what..lol..
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 12, 2010
4:23 PM

Post #7882728

We're going to miss you like crazy, Kris, and understand your family comes first. Dang, can I be a stowaway to NV since I've never been there, unless you count flying over? Tell Ralphie da-ha and 'here kitty, kitty'. This one sure was tasty.

Geez, I'm still playing catch up and think I've added our new folks with their likes and dislikes above. I didn't pick up any fruit, Jaye, unless you count the bananas and cantaloupe we ate. Faye and I spent two wonderful days together and she loaded me up with plants to share at the Round-Up in case she can't make it. Yikes, that's only two weeks from today and so is the Sistah's Reunion. One of these days I'd love to join you all. Oh, I did dig a few Holly springs and the Barred Owl we saw in the middle of the day was incredibly awesome.

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 12, 2010
5:04 PM

Post #7882841

Awesome fish Fruitcake!!! YES! Hope we have that kind of luck in Maine in a few weeks.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 12, 2010
5:28 PM

Post #7882907

Hubby caught a bunch of Bass too but he filleted them while I was gone and I didn't get to take pics of them. What will you be fishing for in Maine? That's another State I've never been to.

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 13, 2010
4:58 AM

Post #7883885

Fruity there are supposed to a lot of bass in this particular place. Also the usual perch and other panfish. I'd rather have a bunch of them anyway. I just hope it is warmer then it usually is when we go North.
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

June 13, 2010
10:47 AM

Post #7884687

I am dropping out of this swap.

Thank you for being so kind to me Susan and all.

Erin
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 13, 2010
6:12 PM

Post #7885922

We'll miss you, Erin. If you change your mind, you're more than welcome to come back.

Shoot, Neener, I don't have to tell you how awfully hot and humid it's been the last few days and feels more like August than June. Have a wonderful time and pack a couple of sweatshirts. Did I really say that when's it's still in the low 90's... :0)
GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

June 13, 2010
6:18 PM

Post #7885938

Hi Fruity,
Glad you had a great time. My daughter and I just got back from whitewater rafting...well I didn't exactly go rafting, but I was the chaperone to 7 teenagers that went.

Are you ready for your box?
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 13, 2010
7:46 PM

Post #7886163

How fun even if you had your hands full...don't you just love teenagers! LOL

I'm ready anytime you are. Thank you so much in advance!

GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

June 14, 2010
4:21 AM

Post #7886753

The only bad thing was, we were practically 'roughing it'. Had cabins, but just plywood for the floors and bunkbeds made of 2x4 and plywood, not to mention plenty of bugs. Had to walk to the bathrooms which were dirty and NO air. That was the worst part. Did have a fan though. I survived, teenagers can be quit funny!
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

June 14, 2010
12:01 PM

Post #7887920

fotv, is that a real picture of a sunset you saw? That is beautiful! I wanna go on vacation...pout... Couldn't figure out what in the world that second one was until I was staring at him nose to nose...rofl and enlarged him. I thought it was some kind of wierd plant...

GAgirl, you have nerves of steel! Congrats to all you chaprones...you deserve a medal. Got snowed in a truck stop one time coming back from Colorado skiing with a bus load of adults, I was setting in the truck stop when a couple came in from a bus full of teenagers who had been skiing, course teenagers had spent all their money before leaving Colorado, so the chaprones were going to have to use their credit cards to buy food for all these teens and hope the chaprones got reimbursed when they got back! That would be scary but stuck on a bus full of teens for 12 hours sitting! WOWZER...LOL
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 14, 2010
4:28 PM

Post #7888761

LOL happ, that's the catfish hubby caught and fileted that I gave to Faye. Ugly looking fish but so delicious. That pic is just one Sunset and was the view we saw from our campsite every evening. Sunsets were awesome and bet I took at least 20 different pics of them. This is going to sound weird but the last night we were there, the streaks of clouds were deep royal purple. My hard drive crashed yesterday and am using hubby's laptop. Gotta figure out what photo program is on it so I can work on pics. I'm such a photoholic and will post samplings when I can. My daylilies are blooming like crazy and so is the clump of Shasta Daisies you gave me last year. It's at least 2' tall now and absolutely loaded with blooms. Oh my gosh, the Algarve Lily from you too had two blooms this morning that are just breathtakingly beautiful!'
catbirdsue
Arnett, WV
(Zone 5b)

June 16, 2010
5:34 AM

Post #7892929

Can I get in?

Cathy
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 16, 2010
5:42 AM

Post #7892950

Sure thing, Cathy. Let us know the kinds of critters you like / dislike and if you have a preference for receiving 1, 2, 3 items or a surprise.
ddbydeb
Summerville, SC
(Zone 9b)

June 18, 2010
9:53 AM

Post #7899447

Ok I am the wierd one I think catfish are cute LOL! I use dot catch them when there were teeny tiy when I would go stay at my Aunts Lake Lot in Texas. I was a major tomboy and the only thing was really scared of was a taratula becuase they would jump at you LOL! Now I am such a gitl I swear! LOL! Let me see a spider and I scream for Bill to Kill it if its in the house. Outside is OK we just keep our distance from one another.
ddbydeb
Summerville, SC
(Zone 9b)

June 18, 2010
12:09 PM

Post #7899842

Hi I forgot I had not put in my info for the BLAST LOL!
I love frogs, dragonflies, lady bugs, bugs period; I am one of those people who are fascinated with Ant Lions LOL! I can just sit and watch them come out if you sprinkle little grains of sand in there traps. And nothing thrills me more than to see a lizard or a frog I will pick them up and pet them LOL! Making a toad/frog house with a solar light this weekend for my garden and maybe a special swap person? :) Also love birds and birdhouses, stepping stones, bird baths and yep like stakes too here is a pic of one I picked up in Myrtle Beach a few years back I just love him.

Thumbnail by ddbydeb

GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

June 18, 2010
12:45 PM

Post #7899972

That is adorable!!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 18, 2010
2:44 PM

Post #7900505

Yeah, Deb, your list is wonderful but YIKES I cannot click on a snake pic :(
Anybody else with ophidiophobia get back in here and help me out!

ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

June 18, 2010
4:32 PM

Post #7900813

I'm not helping you! I clicked on it and it's adorable! Fruity, it's not real LOL... I've never seen one like it, but would loved to have had it in my garden when I still had a garden.. sigh..
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 18, 2010
5:53 PM

Post #7901034

LOLOL...I couldn't bring myself to look before you said it wasn't real, Chris. It's not too scary but it's still a Snake! Sorry but a snake is a snake is a snake. You can have it too, GAgirl...LOL.

Deb, that would be a good one for you to submit to Dea for one of her Saturday morning "You Supply the Caption" articles.
ddbydeb
Summerville, SC
(Zone 9b)

June 18, 2010
7:12 PM

Post #7901328

Fruity I need to make you a garden sign that says " snakes keep out , unless your the good kind, then just dont let me see you ever! " LOL!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 19, 2010
7:04 AM

Post #7902251

You funny girl!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 19, 2010
8:56 AM

Post #7902509

Make 2 please. I feel the same way about our "crawly" friends!!!!!!
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

June 19, 2010
12:04 PM

Post #7902931

I have these huge hanging pots around our porch and I water them every morning usually before the sun is up or right when it is beginning to break light. One morning I was watering them, then turn and put the hose on the the other and about jumped out of my skin. There in the middle of one of the pots was a snake. OMG!
Then it dawned on me it didn't move when the water hit it, my DDDDH has stuck a plastic snake in it...not funny!
But I do like the your garden snake ddbydeb, it is a cutie. My biggest fear is a snake in the pond! Since DH is a bigger scaredy cat than me I would be in big trouble...
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 19, 2010
2:34 PM

Post #7903296

Not a nice practical joke but you did give me a chuckle. There's a little shop I really enjoy browsing in down where we vacationed. They had the plastic segmented snakes that looked so real I squealed and the clerk came running to see what was wrong...LOL I thought about buying one in case my buddy likes snakes but couldn't stand the thought of it riding home with me.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

June 21, 2010
9:40 AM

Post #7907520

LOL..well, got my swap item in a box, crossing over on Thursday so dear friend (although you don't know who you are) please know it will soon be on it's way...
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

June 22, 2010
7:44 AM

Post #7909979

Betty, "crossing over" sounds really funny, guess cause of that show that was on... ;D
But am confused a tad, we don't have names yet? right???????? Or is that the parking lot to the "home" I am seeing?

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 22, 2010
8:51 AM

Post #7910168

We get our names for this swap on July 4th.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

June 22, 2010
10:03 AM

Post #7910355

Sorry guys, because I'm going to the USA on Thursday I asked if I could possibly have my name so I could post from Buffalo, got it, special thank you to all for letting our dear host do so...it just takes so long to get to my 'bud' when I mail from here...
ddbydeb
Summerville, SC
(Zone 9b)

June 22, 2010
4:48 PM

Post #7911367

happy I laugh everythime I read that post over lOL I am sorry . It remeinds me f the time I went to turn on the water in the front yard and I had some palnts next to to the faucet so I didnt think much abotu it at first when I saw what I thought was one sticking out away from it. I bent down and looked a little closer and low and behold it was the most beautiful green snake. I screamed cuase it startked the heck out of me then chased it away with a stick. if it had looked like a cottonmouth or copperhead it would have been dead though LOL!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 22, 2010
8:15 PM

Post #7912131

Yikes, Deb! I guess the old saying 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder" is really true. I've never met a 'beautiful' snake and never want to! We keep the perimeter of our property mowed close but have a brush pile that gives me the willies every time I get near it. I haven't seen a snake this year...Knock On Wood! In years past when I have, hubby's piped up and said "Babe, you know that was only a Cottonmouth Rattle Moccasin." Like a made up snake makes me feel better...lol. And don't let his cool demeanor fool ya, he's as much a frady cat of snakes as I am. Several years ago when he was bush-hogging our field in hot August, only wearing a pair of shorts and flipflops, a big one rolled over his foot. It was probably a King snake but he couldn't jump off the tractor seat fast enough...the tractor kept going til he got his composure and was able to bring it to a stop. I laughed at that til I cried!

I got a kick out of "crossing over" too, happ, since I used to watch John Edwards. At least this time it's just the border between Canada and the US.

You're so sweet to say that, Betty, and I was glad to assign your Buddy's name ahead of time :) How long are you going to be in Ohio? Just curious since I haven't kept up with Cookie's thread in a few days.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

June 23, 2010
12:10 AM

Post #7912479

Deep sigh of relief about the names there "crossing over" I was really getting worried about me. Just had a thought when I finally do lose it I won't have to worry cause I won't know it, so as long as I worry I'm ok...rofl

fotv, I was cracking up reading the story about DH and the tractor...omg, so since it is 2am I am trying not to laugh out loud but I about busted...oh how funny. That is just too funny!

ddbydeb, I can relate to your story only too well. We had geese and one goose had laid eggs in an igloo dog house and she had come out of the dog pen so I wanted to see the eggs, so I bent down at the waist and had to get real low... and real close to see in ... the dog house was in a really shady area, it was cloudy and getting late, and when I looked I saw a huge snake head looking at me, I think I was in shock, cause I raised up and thought did I really see a snake that big, and I stepped back and bent down real low (but not so close) and looked in and I'll be darn if that snake wasn't looking back at me...OMG! The sides of the dog pen were 6 feet tall and that snakes body was longer than the dog panels, the biggest darn black snake I had seen in my life. That snake had complete curled on top of those goose eggs and you couldn't even see the eggs. Told DH you aren't suppose to kill black snakes, he just looked at me and said I will put him in your car if you want to take him somewhere else...rofl

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

June 23, 2010
3:53 AM

Post #7912587

Morning, I do watch the same show, just never thought about my always saying 'crossing over'...lol

I am going to Cookies, I leave at 4:45pm from work today and will spend the night in Toronto, going out for supper with family, get up early and 'cross over' lol -I don't have to be there quite as early as Crissy is arriving at the Buffalo Airport for me to pick her up at 1:00pm..last year when I went on my jaunt for a few weeks I met up with Crissy in Memphis and we spent a few days together, so my picking her up will be like meeting an old friend..I've some shopping to do in Buffalo, my old haunts so that will pass the morning..

Then off to Niagara Falls & Maid of the Mist voyage and sightseeing, once we've done the afternoon there it will be a slight detour to Pittsburg, the incline of Mt. Washington will be one of our adventures (me who hates heights) and spend the night there..the incline is open until 1:00a.m. and if Crissy is up to this old gal I'd love to see the view with all the lights..they say it's the 2nd most beautiful view in USA..not sure what the 1st. is according to them..

Friday morning we'll start making our way to Cookies with a few sightseeing stops in between..think Wheeling West Virginia will be one...we'll spend Friday evening and Saturday with everyone and head my way early Sunday morning..making it to the city..Monday I'm hoping to take Crissy to CN Tower, CasaLoma and a few Toronto sights then bring her to my home which is 100 miles north of Toronto in God's country - Georgian Bay..weather permitting I'll take her out boating Tuesday, nothing like seeing Georgian Bay by boat..Wednesday it's back to Buffalo so she can catch a 1:00pm flight home...by then she'll need a rest...

Needless to say I'm so looking forward to this adventure...

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 23, 2010
5:36 AM

Post #7912782

Betty, that sounds like a wonderful plan for a trip! Someday, I will get to come your way and see that beautiful bay. Enjoy your trip! Tell everyone hello for me, and give them big hugs!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

June 23, 2010
6:13 AM

Post #7912859

Will do, doors are always open for all of you..I think I'd make a good tour guide..lol..did trips with seniors all over USA and that was the best part of my job so going and seeking things to see is right up my alley...hope Crissy has some pep pills..
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

June 23, 2010
7:28 AM

Post #7913092

I need to drop out of this swap please.

Thanks

Debbie
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 23, 2010
6:49 PM

Post #7914994

Wow! What an agenda, Betty. I fondly remebering riding the Maiden of the Mist when I was a teenager, wore the yellow slicker they passed out to participants but still got drenched..lol I'll never forget how exciting a trip that was. That was the same time we went to Ontario. My Dad got miserably lost on Hwy #1...one minute the full moon was on the right side of the road and the next one it was on the left. You know how men are, and he never let on he was lost or bothered to stop and ask for directions. I swear we went through that loop a half dozen times before it was dark and we finally found a motel. The next morning he finally got his bearings, with the help of my Mom reading the Atlas.

Hubby and I lived near Wheeling for 2 years and I absolutely love the Ohio Valley and surrounding areas. Pittsbugh is one of my favorite cities and if you have a chance while you're in Wheeling, make sure you stop by the Market and enjoy a Coleman's fish sandwich.

You and Crissy have a wonderful time!

We'll miss you, Debbie. If you change your mind, you know you're' more than welcome to come on back. And you're always welcome to stay and chat with us.

This message was edited Jun 23, 2010 8:52 PM

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

June 27, 2010
4:47 AM

Post #7924161

Getting excited about this swap. Would love to add that my partner can send a box of mixed items because I love getting surprises. I would love any kind of items that begin with the letters
B- birdhouse, bees, blue flowering plants, banana plants, bird of paradise plant, butterflies, butterfly bushes
L- ladybugs, lights (solar), lizards, lilies
A- angels,
S- seeds for tropical plants or red, white, blue plants; snails, subscription to Birds and Blooms magazine, stepping stones
T- toads (frogs), turtles,

Of course, this is a comprhensive list that just gives my swap buddy much to choose from. i will be happy with anything i receive!

I've already gathered quite a few things that start with the letters BLAST, so I will just need to add one special thing to the box when I get my partner's name.

I took the children to see the movie Grown Ups last night, and it was great. I wanted to take them for a mini vacation and have decided to go to a lake house so we can just enjoy nature, skip rocks, fish, swim, and just enjoy the outdoors. I talked to the kids about it and they love the idea!

The Gulf oil spill has almost reached our beaches. We only have a 10 mile stretch of beach that is open right now and they expect to close it this week. I can't believe this is happening. We plan to go to the beach this evening and it is so sad to think it may be years before we can enjoy our beaches again. so many people I know went out fishing this weekend because we don't know when we'll be able to salt-water fish again. It is so surreal. We were just getting back to normal after Katrina and now this! And I am just sick about the wildlife that has been and will be affected by this.

I love all of you and have a great day, julie
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 27, 2010
10:31 AM

Post #7925000

Julie I can't and don't want to imagine what a horror that is for you folks down there. It makes me so angry I want to strangle someone. The problem is where would I start since the list is so long? :0) Enjoy every minute while you can.

janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

June 27, 2010
2:02 PM

Post #7925395

I'm with you- I'll help strangle if you need a partner. Almost everyone I know here in Ohio has gone to the gulf coast for vacation many, many times. I'm just sick about the entire situation and can't even watch the TV pictures of the wildlife anymore. One of my all time favorite beaches is Orange Beach in Alabama and we saw the mess there on CNN the other night. Dauphin Island has one of the coolest aquariums that my kids just love and it breaks my heart to think how it must be right now. Julie, believe me, all of us up here are praying and thinking about everyone down there.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 28, 2010
5:29 PM

Post #7928823

Let's start at the top with Tony Hayward who said... quote "I want my life back." How's that for a cocky attitude. He must have an extra large pair of cahoonas to make a statement like that since every one of the workers on his BP platform perished. Think of those families whose loved ones were just trying to make a decent living and won't ever come home to see their loved ones again or children and grandchildren grow up. I can't watch the wildlife smothering in oil anymore either, Di. It was bad enough seeing the Brown Pelicans at the height of their breeding season in LA drenched in it, but what really did me in were seeing the dead beached Whales and Dolphins that only came up for a breath of fresh air and were smothered by oil. And I think about present & future generations of fishermen who have lost their livelihood for God knows how long. How long did it take in Alaska after the Exxon Valdez spill...20 years? And they're still not back to full flush. A guy from the Gulf Coast was on the Today Show this morning talking about his brother, who gave up hope for his fishing business and commited suicide. This whole situation is so sad and despite BP's TV campaign to "make things right" they may be able to pay claims but they can't bring back people or wildlife. Sad the Gulf Coast will never be the same. We have friends that just bought a house at Pensacola Beach in April only 2 blocks from the Ocean. She told me Thursday tarballs were rolling up on the beach and they can smell the sickening odor of oil from their home.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

June 29, 2010
12:58 PM

Post #7930791

Just sad. You can't tell me that I can carry a computer around in my hand, we can go back and forth into space, and my cell phone can locate me anywhere but we can't make a car go more than 40 miles to a gallon of gas...no way. When I started with computers they took up a whole office floor, now in the palm of my hand, if we can do something like that we can make engines that will get much better fuel standards and homes heat for less, but there is no profit in that. Which is the KEY.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 29, 2010
1:24 PM

Post #7930849

That's just it, NO PROFIT!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 4, 2010
5:26 PM

Post #7943410

OK, I know promised buddies would be assigned today but have rec'd D-mails from a couple of folks still considering joining us. Don't want to leave anyone out who may be interested so I hope postponing our names til Wednesday is alright with everyone.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 4, 2010
6:01 PM

Post #7943493

Fine with me.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 4, 2010
6:06 PM

Post #7943503

More time to shop...lol

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

July 4, 2010
8:13 PM

Post #7943742

Sounds good, not a problem.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

July 5, 2010
11:06 AM

Post #7945013

I would think by tomorrow or the next day my should have arrived...Joycet said she mailed last week...
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 5, 2010
2:52 PM

Post #7945544

I want my name RIGHT NOW! (stomping my foot and pouting) :0)

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

July 5, 2010
5:44 PM

Post #7945892

lol..hate sending breakables..sure hope my swap buddy receives it in one piece, if not I'll be sending another..

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 6, 2010
2:27 PM

Post #7947893

Way nice LK!!! Love them both.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 7, 2010
2:50 PM

Post #7950517

Our secret buddies have been assigned and you all have D-mail. (Except you Betty, lol)
It was luck of the "hat" draw again and hope everyone's pleased with your Buddy.

We are closed to new participants.

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 7, 2010
2:59 PM

Post #7950533

Come on over to our BLAST Off!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1113699/

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
ZZ's - Star-Studded - 'Tomato Seed Round-Robin'. ZZTOPSOIL 335 Aug 8, 2007 11:54 PM
CLOSED: Any newbies wanna start a round robin? kaykay1010 134 Dec 14, 2010 6:31 PM
Spring Fever RR Crimson 146 Apr 13, 2007 12:08 PM
Houseplant Swap snboyken 146 Apr 30, 2007 12:59 PM
Yesterday's News Robin's Resurrection sign-up here Gourd 284 Jul 11, 2007 4:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America