Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Gardening by the Moon: Gardening by the Moon June 2010

Communities > Forums > Gardening by the Moon
bookmark
Forum: Gardening by the MoonReplies: 4, Views: 84
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
cristina
Temuco
Chile
(Zone 9b)

May 27, 2010
6:22 PM

Post #7834715

Here we are, ready to continue with the Moon's help:

1st. Plant Late Beets, Potatoes, Onions, Carrots, And Other Root Crops.

2nd-4th. Poor Days For Planting. Kill Plant Pests, Spray, Fertilize, Do General Farm Work.

5th-6th. Favorable Time For Planting Late Root Crops. Also Good For Vine Crops. Set Strawberry Plants.

7th-9th. Cut Hay Or Do Plowing On These Barren Days.

10th-11th. Good Days For Planting Root Crops.

12th-13th. Seeds Planted Now Tend To Rot In Ground.

14th-15th. Plant Tomatoes, Beans, Peppers, Corn, Cotton, And Other Above Ground Crops On These Most Fruitful Days. Plant Seedbeds And Flower Gardens

16th-19th. Poor Period For Planting. Kill Plant Pests, Clear Fence Rows, Clear Land.

20th-21st. Favorable For Planting Peas, Beans, Tomatoes, And Other Fall Crops Bearing Yield Above Ground. Sow Grains And Forage Crops. Plant Flowers.

22nd-24th. Extra Good For Planting Fall Lettuce, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Collards, And Other Leafy Vegetables. All Above Ground Crops Planted Now Will Do Well. Plant Seedbeds.

25th-26th Poor Planting Days. Cut Hay Or Do General Farm Work.

27th-29th Plant Late Beets, Potatoes, Onions, Carrots, And Other Root Crops.

30th. Poor Day For Planting. Kill Plant Pests, Spray, Fertilize, Do General Farm Work.

I imagine that you are ware that where I do live, southern Chile, had the 2/27 an earthquake and tsunami, the 5th strongest od the world, in the recorded history.

If you have time, please visit this Blog that I made , it documents some of the happenings in Chile at thae moment:

http://jacarandahouse-gryphoninc.blogspot.com/

You'll be able to appreciate the debastation that the earthquake and tsunami produced in Chile and the force of nature where the Hand of God can be seen!

It produce a resurgence of goodwill, unity and care between people and neighbours which still prevails because the recovery will take ages...

We still have some replicas, not that often, Thank God!
Jensilaedi
Perth
Australia

June 7, 2010
7:01 PM

Post #7868407

thank you so much for your guidence... this really helps!
cristina
Temuco
Chile
(Zone 9b)

June 7, 2010
7:25 PM

Post #7868488

It's my pleasure, lovely to hear from an aussie.
I hope to return soon to those latitude.
cristina
Allwild
North, TX

June 11, 2010
9:03 AM

Post #7878508

cristina, as always, thank you for the gardening calendar.

You did a fantastic job of compiling such dramatic images of the earthquake! Earthquakes are very scary but the tsunami I cannot fathom! How refreshing to see how your well built home made it through unscathed!

Thanks again,
Christine
cristina
Temuco
Chile
(Zone 9b)

June 12, 2010
7:43 AM

Post #7881400

Thanks Christine.
As far as I'm concern, any house I'd build in the future, will be using good timber, dear old noble wood, God willing. I know it is expensive, but mighty secure if you take all precaution with fire...

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Gardening by the Moon Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Moon calendar? nivlac 13 Jul 11, 2007 5:46 PM
Welcome to the Gardening by the Moon forum dave 67 Dec 27, 2008 6:47 AM
Those who know how to read an almanac defoecat 81 Jul 10, 2007 1:03 AM
Moon Phases threegardeners 9 Jul 11, 2007 9:59 PM
Here's what I'd started last year .. Magpye 24 Jul 21, 2007 4:40 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America