Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Last week of May-Part 2

Ripley, MS

WOW--that is all I can say, beautiful flowers everywhere. Keep them coming now that we have a new thread.
I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday week end too !

Thumbnail by slcdms
Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Thanks Sandra..... I hope to get some DL pics on this long weekend .... but ours will be filled with work as we attempt to sand and refinish the hardwood floors at a rent house.... fun, fun....... I wonder what life is like when you don't have to WORK on the long weekends??????

Ripley, MS

Just be glad you are still able to work, Genna , your back and knee doing better now? I weeded sitting on my wagon a little this morning, but I see so m any things I would like to do when I look around. Later I keep telling myself ! Looking forward to seeing those daylilies !

Apple Annie

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

Japanese Morning glory

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

A very nice surprise I got today from a sweet bunch of folks !!

I love it !!

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

Phyllis gave me this lily last year, I will have to go back out and look at the name but it is so pretty

Phyllis told me what it was and saved me a few steps back out there

DREAM CATCHER

This message was edited May 28, 2010 6:50 PM

Thumbnail by slcdms
Lakeland / Memphis, TN(Zone 7a)

Ok - fess up on the surprise !

Great shot of the BF's ya'll. I can't seem to capture them.

Does anyone know what this little thing is ? I got it from Rita's. I am sure it is an annual. It sure is cute "in bloom".

(edited to say - can't believe this is so blurry when I have my glasses on.lol)

This message was edited May 28, 2010 1:40 PM

Thumbnail by n2birds
Memphis, TN

I could do with a whole bunch of Geraniums like this one -- love the color.

Thumbnail by HelloMissMary
North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Looks like a fushia, Bonnie...but don't I am not 100% certain. And yes, it is an annual.

Oh, I was wanting it to be a "cuter" name.. like tinkerbell or something like that. :-)

Love the "hot" colors together MissMary.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Bonnie thanks for the tip on the diluting the ammonia. I probably need to do some research before I just go out and spray.

I agree with Kim it is some type of fushia. I bought the most beautiful hanging basket of fushia (Condor) at this little place in Sheridan for next to nothing and almost promptly killed it!! I discovered later the girl had mispriced it. It went back later and they had finally put up signs with prices and the fushias were about twice what she charged me for mine. But anyway the container they had it in let the water just got straight through - I mean none lingered for a minute. I changed containers and moved it to a shader location and it is still alive and putting out new growth. But certainly nothing like when I bought it.

You get all the lucky breaks Charlotte. Now, just get it going so we can see those beautiful blooms ! They are so pretty and so tempting to buy. This little plant didn't grow like a typical fushia, so it fooled me a little. Ya'll are probably right.

Ripley, MS

It was a "We missed you card" from Jeri's RU--so sweet of everyone to think of me !!

(Phyllis) Osceola, PA(Zone 5b)

My Tall Bearded Iris Virga opened today

Thumbnail by lilsista59

Went out a little while later and the 2nd one opened..

Thumbnail by lilsista59

In the early Spring of 08 I would have said no I don't have trouble with bears..
but since later in Spring i'd have to say YES I have bear problems...
in the past 2-3 weeks they've been here at least 4 times that I know of...
The last time.... one tried getting into Gary's tool box on his truck...scratched the cab a little
Guess he needed some tools to fix something...LOL

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

isn' t it funny how one hr their closed and the next hour their open,

Ripley, MS

That is a beautiful iris ! I know some of the Japanese iris take a couple of days to open sometimes, does yours do that Kathy Ann?

Thanks Kim - I do like the first couple of names better ! lol. However, it would be very hard to id from the pictures in Plant Files.

My daylilies I came home to today...

First time bloomin' for me..

Westbourne Pumpkin Prince

This message was edited May 28, 2010 6:25 PM

Thumbnail by n2birds

Jolly Red Giant

Thumbnail by n2birds

Stellar Star

Thumbnail by n2birds

Manzurin Jap Iris

Thumbnail by n2birds

Oh I love that Westbourne Pumpkin Prince..
it's sooo different...

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Yeah Bonnie, I could not ID it either....so....I think we should give it a new name....how about...Bonnie's Bouquet? Or Bonnie's Boy Toy ;o)) or maybe Bonnie's Bonnet? How about Bonnie in the Bahamas? LOL I like all of those...

Thank you lilsista. I was very excited when I walked up behind it and saw the darker edging on it. I am not an "eye" lover on all daylilies - but I do love all the Westbournes.

You are toooo funny Kim. I'll go with "Bonnie's Bonnet". lol

Ripley, MS

Bonnie, I did not realize you had gotten so many Japanese Iris, don't you just love them?

Well, I have had most of these 2 / 3 years and they are just now blooming for me. I bought alot last year, and maybe 2 out of 15 lived. I just don't have any luck with them. And yes, I do love them. I listen to you very well.

Ripley, MS

I love them too, but I think mine need more sun, they are not increasing like they should. Maybe this fall when my back is better I will move them.
Bonnie the kittens are getting so cute now !

Thumbnail by slcdms
Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

Phyllis, I thought I had trouble with deer and squirrels. I will try not to complain too much about the deer and squirrels! Deer, squirrels, and bears OH MY!!!

I have a perennial bed that is not close to the house. Went out yesterday to check on my daylilies and almost all the buds were gone thanks to the deer! Grrrrrr!!!

Ripley, MS

Oh no, I hate to hear that, I hope those deer get a tummy ache !

Booneville, MS

That little gray kitten is just too cute. It's got to be tempting to keep that one. I have always had a weakness for blue colored cats.

Sandra, that big unmarked iris in front of the building I told you about is a LA iris, but I have a variiagated one in that bed too that is doing well and it is a Jap Iris. Gets full sun and no watering all summer. I may have to move all of mine out there! Bonnie, I'm like you, I have no luck with the JI. Maybe I pet them too much! lol

That Manzurin is a beauty!

Terrye

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Yes Sandra I swear I can see the buds open, but it takes them days and days to fully open, the japanese iris are bad about taking their time once they bud up .

here's a few more

Caprician butterfly Japanese iris

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Harliquinesque japanese iris

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Irish Myste japanese iris

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Another shot of Center of Attention, japanese iris, they seem to like the night time. they are usually wide open then

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Japanese iris Pink Dimity

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.