Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Mid-South Gardening: Last week of May-Part 2

Communities > Forums > Mid-South Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Mid-South GardeningReplies: 323, Views: 917
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

May 28, 2010
11:44 AM

Post #7836635

WOW--that is all I can say, beautiful flowers everywhere. Keep them coming now that we have a new thread.
I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday week end too !

Thumbnail by slcdms
Click the image for an enlarged view.

gen2026
Camden, AR

May 28, 2010
12:09 PM

Post #7836697

Thanks Sandra... I hope to get some DL pics on this long weekend ... but ours will be filled with work as we attempt to sand and refinish the hardwood floors at a rent house... fun, fun... I wonder what life is like when you don't have to WORK on the long weekends??????

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

May 28, 2010
12:16 PM

Post #7836720

Just be glad you are still able to work, Genna , your back and knee doing better now? I weeded sitting on my wagon a little this morning, but I see so m any things I would like to do when I look around. Later I keep telling myself ! Looking forward to seeing those daylilies !

Apple Annie

Thumbnail by slcdms

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

May 28, 2010
12:17 PM

Post #7836723

Japanese Morning glory

Thumbnail by slcdms

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

May 28, 2010
12:18 PM

Post #7836727

A very nice surprise I got today from a sweet bunch of folks !!

I love it !!

Thumbnail by slcdms

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

May 28, 2010
12:19 PM

Post #7836738

Phyllis gave me this lily last year, I will have to go back out and look at the name but it is so pretty

Phyllis told me what it was and saved me a few steps back out there

DREAM CATCHER

This message was edited May 28, 2010 6:50 PM

Thumbnail by slcdms

n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

May 28, 2010
12:31 PM

Post #7836783

Ok - fess up on the surprise !
n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

May 28, 2010
12:36 PM

Post #7836811

Great shot of the BF's ya'll. I can't seem to capture them.

Does anyone know what this little thing is ? I got it from Rita's. I am sure it is an annual. It sure is cute "in bloom".

(edited to say - can't believe this is so blurry when I have my glasses on.lol)

This message was edited May 28, 2010 1:40 PM

Thumbnail by n2birds

HelloMissMary

HelloMissMary
Memphis, TN

May 28, 2010
12:37 PM

Post #7836813

I could do with a whole bunch of Geraniums like this one -- love the color.

Thumbnail by HelloMissMary

duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 28, 2010
12:54 PM

Post #7836863

Looks like a fushia, Bonnie...but don't I am not 100% certain. And yes, it is an annual.
n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

May 28, 2010
1:01 PM

Post #7836878

Oh, I was wanting it to be a "cuter" name.. like tinkerbell or something like that. :-)
n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

May 28, 2010
1:02 PM

Post #7836882

Love the "hot" colors together MissMary.

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 28, 2010
1:23 PM

Post #7836935

Bonnie thanks for the tip on the diluting the ammonia. I probably need to do some research before I just go out and spray.

I agree with Kim it is some type of fushia. I bought the most beautiful hanging basket of fushia (Condor) at this little place in Sheridan for next to nothing and almost promptly killed it!! I discovered later the girl had mispriced it. It went back later and they had finally put up signs with prices and the fushias were about twice what she charged me for mine. But anyway the container they had it in let the water just got straight through - I mean none lingered for a minute. I changed containers and moved it to a shader location and it is still alive and putting out new growth. But certainly nothing like when I bought it.
n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

May 28, 2010
1:27 PM

Post #7836953

You get all the lucky breaks Charlotte. Now, just get it going so we can see those beautiful blooms ! They are so pretty and so tempting to buy. This little plant didn't grow like a typical fushia, so it fooled me a little. Ya'll are probably right.

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

May 28, 2010
1:29 PM

Post #7836958

It was a "We missed you card" from Jeri's RU--so sweet of everyone to think of me !!
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 28, 2010
1:45 PM

Post #7837002

Bonnie, here are a few names that do not sound like Tinkerbell but may make it better ;o)

If it is a single flower
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/90094/
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/191313/
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/179044/
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/100319/
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/129911/
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/175867/
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/114946/

If it is a double flower
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/74978/
lilsista59
(Phyllis) Osceola, PA
(Zone 5b)

May 28, 2010
3:53 PM

Post #7837312

My Tall Bearded Iris Virga opened today

Thumbnail by lilsista59

lilsista59
(Phyllis) Osceola, PA
(Zone 5b)

May 28, 2010
3:55 PM

Post #7837316

Went out a little while later and the 2nd one opened..

Thumbnail by lilsista59

lilsista59
(Phyllis) Osceola, PA
(Zone 5b)

May 28, 2010
3:59 PM

Post #7837325

In the early Spring of 08 I would have said no I don't have trouble with bears..
but since later in Spring i'd have to say YES I have bear problems...
in the past 2-3 weeks they've been here at least 4 times that I know of...
The last time... one tried getting into Gary's tool box on his truck...scratched the cab a little
Guess he needed some tools to fix something...LOL
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 28, 2010
4:25 PM

Post #7837392

isn' t it funny how one hr their closed and the next hour their open,

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

May 28, 2010
4:26 PM

Post #7837397

That is a beautiful iris ! I know some of the Japanese iris take a couple of days to open sometimes, does yours do that Kathy Ann?
n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

May 28, 2010
5:24 PM

Post #7837585

Thanks Kim - I do like the first couple of names better ! lol. However, it would be very hard to id from the pictures in Plant Files.

My daylilies I came home to today...

First time bloomin' for me..

Westbourne Pumpkin Prince

This message was edited May 28, 2010 6:25 PM

Thumbnail by n2birds

n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

May 28, 2010
5:26 PM

Post #7837591

Jolly Red Giant

Thumbnail by n2birds

n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

May 28, 2010
5:27 PM

Post #7837598

Stellar Star

Thumbnail by n2birds

n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

May 28, 2010
5:29 PM

Post #7837604

Manzurin Jap Iris

Thumbnail by n2birds

lilsista59
(Phyllis) Osceola, PA
(Zone 5b)

May 28, 2010

Post #7837605

Oh I love that Westbourne Pumpkin Prince..
it's sooo different...
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 28, 2010
5:30 PM

Post #7837609

Yeah Bonnie, I could not ID it either...so...I think we should give it a new name...how about...Bonnie's Bouquet? Or Bonnie's Boy Toy ;o)) or maybe Bonnie's Bonnet? How about Bonnie in the Bahamas? LOL I like all of those...
n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

May 28, 2010
5:31 PM

Post #7837611

Thank you lilsista. I was very excited when I walked up behind it and saw the darker edging on it. I am not an "eye" lover on all daylilies - but I do love all the Westbournes.
n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

May 28, 2010
5:32 PM

Post #7837617

You are toooo funny Kim. I'll go with "Bonnie's Bonnet". lol

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

May 28, 2010
5:39 PM

Post #7837644

Bonnie, I did not realize you had gotten so many Japanese Iris, don't you just love them?
n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

May 28, 2010
5:50 PM

Post #7837681

Well, I have had most of these 2 / 3 years and they are just now blooming for me. I bought alot last year, and maybe 2 out of 15 lived. I just don't have any luck with them. And yes, I do love them. I listen to you very well.

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

May 28, 2010
5:53 PM

Post #7837689

I love them too, but I think mine need more sun, they are not increasing like they should. Maybe this fall when my back is better I will move them.
Bonnie the kittens are getting so cute now !

Thumbnail by slcdms

OutsidePlaying
Laceys Spring, AL
(Zone 7a)

May 28, 2010
5:58 PM

Post #7837704

Phyllis, I thought I had trouble with deer and squirrels. I will try not to complain too much about the deer and squirrels! Deer, squirrels, and bears OH MY!!!

I have a perennial bed that is not close to the house. Went out yesterday to check on my daylilies and almost all the buds were gone thanks to the deer! Grrrrrr!!!

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

May 28, 2010
6:00 PM

Post #7837707

Oh no, I hate to hear that, I hope those deer get a tummy ache !
tryliv
Booneville, MS

May 28, 2010
6:12 PM

Post #7837753

That little gray kitten is just too cute. It's got to be tempting to keep that one. I have always had a weakness for blue colored cats.

Sandra, that big unmarked iris in front of the building I told you about is a LA iris, but I have a variiagated one in that bed too that is doing well and it is a Jap Iris. Gets full sun and no watering all summer. I may have to move all of mine out there! Bonnie, I'm like you, I have no luck with the JI. Maybe I pet them too much! lol

That Manzurin is a beauty!

Terrye

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 28, 2010
6:14 PM

Post #7837758

Yes Sandra I swear I can see the buds open, but it takes them days and days to fully open, the japanese iris are bad about taking their time once they bud up .

here's a few more

Caprician butterfly Japanese iris

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 28, 2010
6:16 PM

Post #7837764

Harliquinesque japanese iris

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 28, 2010
6:16 PM

Post #7837768

Irish Myste japanese iris

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 28, 2010
6:17 PM

Post #7837771

Another shot of Center of Attention, japanese iris, they seem to like the night time. they are usually wide open then

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 28, 2010
6:18 PM

Post #7837774

Japanese iris Pink Dimity

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 28, 2010
6:19 PM

Post #7837781

here's a few large clumps of japanese iris, you can tell I don't do much with them, but I am about to start some trading for some more. Not that I need more, I think I brought in about 35 of them last year all from just one or two trades.

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

May 28, 2010
6:20 PM

Post #7837784

They are sure worth the wait when they do open though !
Yes, I was trying to get a good picture of it, Cayla is thinking one of the girls she works with might want it, the one looks just like Kit and the 2 yellow ones are toms.

Thumbnail by slcdms

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 28, 2010
6:20 PM

Post #7837785

Monarda Lambada, I wish this would spread like the other monardas, one single plant came back this year from last year. nothing new. suppose to reseed, this stuff is so pretty when in full bloom

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 28, 2010
6:22 PM

Post #7837794

oh my goodness, they are darling. that little grey one is precious

My first lily asiatic Grafitti

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 28, 2010
6:23 PM

Post #7837799

Holly hock Rugosa? i think that's the name of this yellow one, the leaves on these hollyhocks are covered with rust. I wanted to chop them down and danny told me not to just to cut off all theleaves. LOL

I need to do something to prevent the rust on them from now on, it was bad this year from all the rain

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

May 28, 2010
6:24 PM

Post #7837806

I only have one volunteer seedling of the LaBamba this year and it is still small.
That is a beautiful lily
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 28, 2010
6:26 PM

Post #7837809

The monardas should start blooming any time now. this is the rose scented didyma, only that one bloom but soon others.

we've had so much rain, I've had to dig up two sedums and repot them and one of them was the purple emperor I had to dig it up last year also and cut off the rot and reroot them, finally got sandra to give me some of hers now hers is rotting. I hate this rain.

we worked in the veggie garden for a couple hrs tonight, laid down some more blk plastic and replanted the cucumbers, (seeds) the plants I set out didn't make it, and we planted more squash and more zipper cream peas, now the garden is full and there is no more room except for some fall squash which I 'll plant in July. I have baby green beans about l/2 inch long LOL

Echinacea hope

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

OutsidePlaying
Laceys Spring, AL
(Zone 7a)

May 28, 2010
6:27 PM

Post #7837815

Sandra, thanks. I did not know deer would munch on daylily buds I put some divisions out in this new bed last year and they were fine. This year they were loaded with buds. I think I'll be digging them up and putting them somewhere else. Just got to figure out where. I have a friend who wants some divisions so she'll be getting some in the next few days.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 28, 2010
6:28 PM

Post #7837820

Everything out there where the gh use to be is taller than me it seems, there are some places you can't even walk any more. LOL

I guess that 2 40 # bags of triple l3 I threw out in february is helping LOL

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 28, 2010
6:29 PM

Post #7837827

Here's another shot of the back garden.

IT" S FULL

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

lilsista59
(Phyllis) Osceola, PA
(Zone 5b)

May 28, 2010
6:38 PM

Post #7837869

I have woods all around me and see deer just about everyday out there
I guess they feel safe here...strange as it may sound for the most part
I don't have problems with deer eating my stuff..we have an agreement..you can eat my grass and weeds..but leave my flowers alone...if you do then I won't eat you...
maybe you need to go out and talk to them..LOL
The Bears broke lots of my lilies last year trying to get to the birdfeeders..
So I moved the feeders out of their reach and hoping they stay out of my beds this year..
out of my yard would be better..no agreements with them though..but I won't be eating the bear meat...LOL

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 28, 2010
7:06 PM

Post #7837966

Bonnie I love that Westbourne daylily!!

Sandra that gray kitten is just too cute! I'm like Terrye I think I'd have to keep that one. Love the black edging around the ears.

I've been out all day. Didn't mean to spend the whole day as I have a lot that needs to be done inside. But once I got started I just kept going. I got most of my stuff potted to take to Kathy Ann's the 5th. I have created a lot of work with the brugs as they all need to be repotted now. Moved a bunch up to a larger pot and fed with Miracle Grow. I'm already finding lots of buds.

When Marilyn, Cindy and I went to Paul Michael's in Monroe I bought a round glazed pottery ball that was broken. It was marked way down and it didn't matter to me that it was broken. Turned out just a round piece sort of like a lid was broken. So I just took the broken "top" off and planted the inside with hardy fern. It didn't really have a hole in the bottom but a spot was not glazed and looked like sort of a hole. So I poured some water in to see if it would drain before I planted in it. It didn't take but just a few minutes for the water to drain out.

Thumbnail by cperdue

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 28, 2010
7:08 PM

Post #7837973

Kathy Ann forgot to say you have quite an impressive bunch of flowers!! Something sure has given them a boost. I know you get a lot of pleasure of walking around looking at all the wonderful things in it.
tryliv
Booneville, MS

May 28, 2010
7:09 PM

Post #7837975

KA, I can't wait to see your gardens! Everything looks so lush!
You'll have to have a ladder soon just to see the flowers! lol

I love all the pics of the iris and DLs. Mine are blooming in my big bed in front of Ray's Place but I haven't had time to which ones much less take pictures. Been working in the shop and keeping the grands on my days off.

I need to start some more Holly hocks. Mine have gradually all died out except my black one. It is blooming now. I use to have several different colors, single and doubles.

terrye
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 28, 2010
7:15 PM

Post #7837998

LOL I brought a step stool out there a few days ago to get a shot of the japanese irs from the top view. the geisha girl is about eye level to me. I'm just so darned short

Phyllis I have woods around me also, specially up by the back yard and I go out at night and see all these glowing eyeballs at me, and it' just freaks me out even though I know their deer.
lilsista59
(Phyllis) Osceola, PA
(Zone 5b)

May 28, 2010
7:21 PM

Post #7838020

Hmmmm are you sure about that KA...LOL
I don't go out at night unless someone is with me...LOL
Love all your Iris pic's and Grafitti is gorgeous it's on my short list
been getting into the Tango ones lately...
tryliv
Booneville, MS

May 28, 2010
7:24 PM

Post #7838028

KA, we're not short... we're vertically challlenged! lol
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 28, 2010
7:41 PM

Post #7838084

ROFL Love that one vertically challenged. i'm gonna have to use that on my fb status one of these days ha ha.

I got a few of the tango lilies on someone's coop, I think it was the one here

I meant to say in the evening before dark, LOL
n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

May 29, 2010
6:57 AM

Post #7839046

Sandra - how old are the kittens now ? They only get cuter and cuter. I'd take them all if I didn't have a mean dog next door that kills everything.

Elaine - I can't believe you are just now having an issue with the deer in that bed. I had one out front of daylilies too, and have been trying to get it moved in closer to the house because I never saw the blooms. Its like once they know they are there - they just keep coming back for them and even get braver and braver when you are around. That must be some yummie food for them.

KA - what can I say - just amazing. I would have to take 2 days to see your whole yard. There is just so much. Your Jap Iris' are breathe taking.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 29, 2010
7:17 AM

Post #7839170

Thank you Bonnie, it does make me smile when I see all those beautiful blooms.

The deer seem to leave when the grass is in abundance, they head for the veggie garden LOL they haven't messed with my daylilies in a while. no hoofprints in the gardens any more either. I'm glad, I would not stand for those deer eating my plants LOL

Elaine I have this mix I use and I spray it directly on to the plants and it keeps the deer off the hostas and daylilies,

I use garlic, hot sauce and milk and eggs and rosemary essential oil all mixed and put in a spray bottle. I have cut out the eggs and use half water/milk strain out the garlic pieces. it keeps them away . I think I could use the rosemary eo and water and it would work just as good. that stufff is stanky!

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

May 29, 2010
7:19 AM

Post #7839176

Bonnie the kittens will be 4 weeks old Monday. They are so cute, you could never put them outside with that mean old dog !!!!
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 29, 2010
8:09 AM

Post #7839293

she's a precious dog LOL I'll take the dog and you can have the kitten bonnie LOL

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

May 29, 2010
8:16 AM

Post #7839308

She is not talking about her dog--she is talking about the neighbors dog--a million bucks would not get you Milla
OutsidePlaying
Laceys Spring, AL
(Zone 7a)

May 29, 2010
8:17 AM

Post #7839310

Yeah, I'm kinda surprised the deer just found this bed too. So far they have left things alone that are next to the house...probably the dog scent keeps them away. I'm going to try some spray before I totally give up on daylilies in that perennial bed. They munch on my hosta, especially the Sum & Substance, the camelias, and in the winter they totally clean the Indian Hawthorne leaves. I'll have to post some pics of our veggie garden, or Garden Fortress, as I'm calling it. It is all-out war this year as I didn't get a dozen tomatoes last year. Deer cleaned me out of almost everything. I sprayed every week with that deer repellant but after a couple of weeks, they just kept coming back for whatever was left.

KA you may be vertically challenged, but your gardens are drop-dead gorgeous.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 29, 2010
8:21 AM

Post #7839318

oh ok, on milia, she is so precious!! I just love that dog. course I just love marilyns dog too and my dog. Ok, i'm headed off to give my dog a big hug LOL

thank you Elaine.
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 29, 2010
8:29 AM

Post #7839332

Y'alls pix are so nice. I have not taken any the last week or so...I guess I need to get with it!

Yeah, I was kind of hoping that Bonnie would come to KA's so she could bring my new dog, Milla. LOL I truly adore that little dog...as you could see when we were at Bonnie's a few weeks ago...and I am allergic to dogs, but I would take her in a second!
OutsidePlaying
Laceys Spring, AL
(Zone 7a)

May 29, 2010
8:30 AM

Post #7839333

The Garden Fortress. DH put up a double row of fencing. Somewhere he read about how deer don't have depth perception, so the fence doesn't have to be tall, just give them a visual 'barrier'. So far so good. It is not electrified although he used the fencing because it was easy to put up and take down at the end of summer. I've also been using fungicide on my tomatoes and they are beautiful.

Thumbnail by OutsidePlaying

OutsidePlaying
Laceys Spring, AL
(Zone 7a)

May 29, 2010
8:37 AM

Post #7839353

This is the 'Ida's Magic' daylily stubs.

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 29, 2010
8:41 AM

Post #7839360

Beautiful veggie garden Elaine!

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

May 29, 2010
8:53 AM

Post #7839387

Oh no Poor Ida--she got her whole head eaten off !!!
OutsidePlaying
Laceys Spring, AL
(Zone 7a)

May 29, 2010
9:05 AM

Post #7839415

The other daylilies are really beginning to pop. This one is 'Driving Me Wild'. I love this color.

OutsidePlaying
Laceys Spring, AL
(Zone 7a)

May 29, 2010
9:15 AM

Post #7839434

Moonlit Masquerade. I think someone else posted one of these a few days back.

OutsidePlaying
Laceys Spring, AL
(Zone 7a)

May 29, 2010
9:27 AM

Post #7839457

Strawberry Fields Forever.

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 29, 2010
9:29 AM

Post #7839460

I love this sedum seiboldii

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 29, 2010
9:31 AM

Post #7839463

Feverfew virgo I planted this from seed last year.

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 29, 2010

Post #7839465

Sedum voodoo

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 29, 2010
9:32 AM

Post #7839466

My pantyloons campanula is blooming now

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 29, 2010
9:33 AM

Post #7839473

I went out this morning and took some back yard shots, not too many blooms going on in the shade but some nice foliage to look at.

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 29, 2010
9:35 AM

Post #7839474

Milkweed syrica I think that's its name, I pulled this out of the beach in NOrth carolina, it was all over there, I babied the little baby all the way bck home, when we went up there for amber's graduation, we took her to see all the light houses up the east coast, we didn't make it all the way to maine before we ran out and had to get headed back home.

This was her high school graduation. when we made more money LOL

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 29, 2010

Post #7839475

more back yard shots

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 29, 2010

Post #7839477

another view

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 29, 2010
9:36 AM

Post #7839480

I hve a few volunteer redbuds that I've allowed to stay. wasn't that nice of me? LOL

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

OutsidePlaying
Laceys Spring, AL
(Zone 7a)

May 29, 2010
9:37 AM

Post #7839481

NOID. This was one of my first daylilies.

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 29, 2010

Post #7839482

Some of the cameleon plant nancy ann gave me years ago, I have to pull it yearly now, it's in the other bed and I don't want it bck there and has taken over my fairy rose bush , which by the way is growing in the shade.

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 29, 2010

Post #7839483

another sot

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 29, 2010
9:38 AM

Post #7839485

a side bed I put in last year. it's shady

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 29, 2010
9:39 AM

Post #7839486

This is the other side of the house that gets alot of sun during the day.

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 29, 2010
9:40 AM

Post #7839489

Part of the new bed that Darren and I finished this spring, I"m growing some real nice looking poke salad out there, LOL I hope it fills up next year. lots of shrubs and other big things in there even put in a mountain laurel, I hope I can keep it alive . they don't like arkansas weather

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 29, 2010
9:40 AM

Post #7839491

another view of the new bed

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 29, 2010
9:41 AM

Post #7839492

another bed in the back yard that gets alot of sun and shade

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 29, 2010
9:42 AM

Post #7839493

back yard bed

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 29, 2010
9:42 AM

Post #7839496

This bed is in the middle of the back yard, gets some sun too

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 29, 2010
9:44 AM

Post #7839498

LOOK ! I thought I lost these, their finally showing, draculus vulgaris I think that's how to spell it. now i know they'll come up in june.

Danny's hollering at me to go help with the ribs I've got ready to cook, we're cooking out tonight instead of monday.

got lots to do didn't get all my pics up but maybe later.

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 29, 2010
10:22 AM

Post #7839669

I have more new daylilies blooming today.

This one is Ida's Braid

Thumbnail by cperdue

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 29, 2010
10:22 AM

Post #7839671

Trade Last

Thumbnail by cperdue

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 29, 2010
10:23 AM

Post #7839674

Spring Formal

Something ate some big chunks out of it! Hopefully I'll get a good shot of it next time.

Thumbnail by cperdue

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 29, 2010
10:25 AM

Post #7839680

Sammie Russell

I got this one at Kim's in Oct. Came from Sandra, Cindy or Bonnie??

Thumbnail by cperdue

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 29, 2010
10:26 AM

Post #7839689

I bought a few morning glory seeds and some made it. This one is Milky Way

Thumbnail by cperdue

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 29, 2010
10:28 AM

Post #7839698

Glory Star of Yetta morning glory.

This is actually purple with a yellow center. It just did not photo the right colors. Purple seems to want to turn to blue.

Thumbnail by cperdue

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 29, 2010
10:30 AM

Post #7839752

I love that idas braid, and those morning glories are georgious, I should have grown more this year, I have a few, my grampa otts comes back yearly for me.

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 29, 2010
10:32 AM

Post #7839762

I found a way to add more daylilies. I have a small bed in the front around my RPZ and I expanded it some. As I add day lilies I can keep increasing it a little at a time. It is in full sun all day. It is a narrow bed about 4 ft wide but I can keep going for 10 or 15 ft.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 29, 2010
10:59 AM

Post #7839854

I love those kinds of beds LOL
n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

May 29, 2010
11:13 AM

Post #7839881

Oh KA - I hate I am not at work today and can't pull all of your pictures up. It would take me forever here with dial up. I did pull up a couple and I guess I didn't realize you have such a wide range of beds everywhere. Like I said - I'd have to spend 2 days with you to really get the full effect. Just so much to see.

Charlotte - you are doing very well with all your daylilies. Just to think you didn't have that many a year or so ago. Meant to say earlier that I love what you did with your fern in your new pot.

Elaine - your vege garden is awesome ! My DH would love it if I'd do something like that, but I haven't figured out where would be a good place for one in my yard. Something would have to go, and I'm not willing to let go of anything yet.

LOL - my little garden buddy.
Funny Kim - I'd love it if you could get one of these dogs. You are right Sandra - no amount of money could take her away from us !!... but I think she would have jumped in KA's car and gone home with either her or Kim. She loves their energy !!

Thumbnail by n2birds

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 29, 2010
11:41 AM

Post #7839938

we would have fed her nugrapes all the way home too LOL

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

May 29, 2010
11:46 AM

Post #7839945

Charlotte, that one is not Sammy Russell, Sammy is a red, brick like daylily. I don't think I brought any labeled Sammy Russell as I have gotten rid of most of mine. The real Sammy is very prolific
http://db.tinkersgardens.com/?script=3.1

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 29, 2010
11:57 AM

Post #7839983

Nope that's sure not Sammy Russell!! Don't know what it is - just became at NOID.

While I was looking at the tag again I saw a big garter snake in the middle of my bed. I ran back in to get a camera but he had slinked off by the time I got back outside.
OutsidePlaying
Laceys Spring, AL
(Zone 7a)

May 29, 2010
4:10 PM

Post #7840595

ThanIks, Bonnie. I must have my veggie garden. You have to know we have acreage, so I have plenty of room for gardening. You could always try a small raised bed with a couple of tomato and pepper plants and mix some herbs and annuals inw ith them. I always overdo it on tomatoes...mainly because I start most of them from seed. This year is sort of an experiment with the fence. I didn't plant any okra or beans because the deer have always feasted on the plants about the time they start to bloom.

I love your garden buddy!

Charlotte, I also meant to say something about your 'find' with the pot. Looks great with the fern.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 29, 2010
4:14 PM

Post #7840606

My anastasia lily just bloomed, I was so looking forward to that beautiful bloom, it is solid rose color, nothing like what it's suppose to be, i've been wracking my brain to find out where it came from.

I'm just gonna have to do a better job keeping up with what I bringin now adays so i can go back and find out why my plants are wrong.

Cascade crest japanese iris

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 29, 2010
4:15 PM

Post #7840609

Howard brooks japanese iris

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 29, 2010
4:15 PM

Post #7840613

a no id japanese iris

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 29, 2010
4:16 PM

Post #7840614

here's what was suppose to be anastasia lily I'm really mad about this. LOL

here's what it's suppose to look like

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/138528/

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

May 29, 2010
4:22 PM

Post #7840630

I bought one of those garden journals that person is selling on dg this past spring in hopes of trying to do just that KA and I haven't logged the first entry in it yet. :-( Have great intentions, just don't do better. I did try to gather all the plant receipts I could find and put in a notebook, so I'd at least have some way to check back on those. Just can't find where I got that blasted Iris that we can't verify.

That is an excellent idea Elaine. I do think I'd like a small raised bed to begin with. We have so many trees on our property that the only sun areas I have are being obsorbed my daylilies right now ;-) But I may have an area that I could put a small raised bed, maybe. Hmmmm. Now you have me thinking about next year.

n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

May 29, 2010
4:24 PM

Post #7840638

Oh no. I'd forsure say that is not it - I hate that for you. Man, that anasasia is beautiful.

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

May 29, 2010
4:39 PM

Post #7840691

I had a disappointment this week too, I love Munsons and I bought Chinese Cloisonne last year, it bloomed a small double yellow-----no where close to the right thing.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 29, 2010
5:10 PM

Post #7840765

I hate that when people do that.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 29, 2010
5:12 PM

Post #7840772

I just found out who I got that lily from, here on the marketplace and don't cha know what i'm fixing to go do. ARGH!!
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 29, 2010
5:14 PM

Post #7840777

it was a classified add rather, not the marketplace
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 29, 2010
5:22 PM

Post #7840794

well, shoot, looks like they were sold out of that particular one, still haven't found where I got it at. guess I'l just give it up.

I think i'm going to start writing my trades down though LOL specially since I loose tags so much. I'll stop ranting now LOL

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

May 29, 2010

Post #7840887

Crystal Halo

Thumbnail by slcdms

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

May 29, 2010

Post #7840888

Yellow gaillardia

Thumbnail by slcdms

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

May 29, 2010
5:59 PM

Post #7840890

Dot Com

Thumbnail by slcdms

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

May 29, 2010

Post #7840900

This is the daylily that I had labeled Chinese Cloisonne
Here is what it should look like
http://db.tinkersgardens.com/?script=3.1

Thumbnail by slcdms

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

May 29, 2010
6:01 PM

Post #7840904

This is a daylily on steroids--it has 12 petals

Thumbnail by slcdms

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

May 29, 2010
6:04 PM

Post #7840909

Nachadoges Toot Toot

Thumbnail by slcdms

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

May 29, 2010
6:04 PM

Post #7840911

So proud of these coneflowers this year

This message was edited May 29, 2010 8:04 PM

Thumbnail by slcdms

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 29, 2010
6:08 PM

Post #7840927

Sandra your coneflowers are going to town. Like that crystal halo!

Here is a over all view off my new bed. See all the scrapes!

Thumbnail by cperdue

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 29, 2010
6:09 PM

Post #7840932

Another view

Thumbnail by cperdue

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 29, 2010
6:10 PM

Post #7840935

And one last view.

Thumbnail by cperdue

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 29, 2010
6:11 PM

Post #7840938

One of my gardenia bushes just popped out in blooms overnight.

Thumbnail by cperdue

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 29, 2010
6:11 PM

Post #7840942

The gardenia bush the bloom picture came from.

Thumbnail by cperdue

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 29, 2010
6:13 PM

Post #7840948

This is an old mop head and I cut at least a third out of it last year and it is already overgrown and the limbs are down on the ground.

Thumbnail by cperdue

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

May 29, 2010
6:30 PM

Post #7840988

Charlotte, that bed looks like it has been there for years, it is really pretty and I know you are going to want even more daylilies after having them this season, they are just addictive.
n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

May 29, 2010
6:32 PM

Post #7840994

I love that Crystal Halo Sandra. I thought I had that one, but don't recall seeing it this year.Your cone flowers are so pretty. Did you plant different cultivars all together ? I like that if you did.

After seeing KA's and your disappointments, I went out to see one of my new blooming lilies and its not what it is supposed to be either. ugghhh

Charlotte - I still say you can pack more in the smallest of spaces ! I can't believe that is your new bed already !

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

May 29, 2010
6:39 PM

Post #7841011

Those cones are ones I planted seeds of from Cindy's seed box. She gave me some named ones, but they are out back in the Kitchen window bed, I raised these from seeds, and had no idea what they would turn out to be, they are loaded with buds.

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 29, 2010
6:42 PM

Post #7841021

Yes Sandra they are additive! I've already figured out how to expand another bed to add more. I can do it a little at a time. Just if I have a few that need a home!
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 29, 2010
7:03 PM

Post #7841077

Love that jap iris Sandra, and dot com is so cute.

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 29, 2010
7:49 PM

Post #7841208

I think I have figured out my mislabeled daylily. I am trying to keep a little better records. After the Oct RU I wrote down everything I got and who I got it from. I forgot I also got some day lilies from Karen. She gave me Sammy Russell and Hyperion and a few others. I think I got the Sammy Russell tag on Hyperion. Now I need to find the one that has a Hyperion tag on it.
gen2026
Camden, AR

May 29, 2010
8:57 PM

Post #7841383

Yeah, my coneflower that is "labeled" Coral Reef is finally getting buds. I am anxious to see if the tag between it and Tomato Soup got swapped or if I just got the wrong plant and have 2 coral reefs now. It is just beginning to bud so guess I will have to wait a few days to see! I have GOT to get some pictures of my DLs... we basically wasted the day because the guy rented us the wrong type sander and it wouldn't do what we needed to the HW floors ... finally got he machine changed late this afternoon when he got back into town and so maybe we can make some progress tomorrow afternoon and Monday! Little hope of getting finished this weekend now though!

I am thankful I am able to work Sandra,don't know anything different, but it really gets OLD having to work EVERY holiday weekend because our to do list is always longer than what we can get done! And no, my back is not doing better... in fact it has been a lot worse this past week. I am eventually going to have to go Alex's doctor about it. I had really thought my knee was doing some better until this morning I had to get down on my knees to clean out the dog cage and I was fine until I went to get up...and the pain was unbearable. That is the problem with the knee when I move it just right the pain goes from 0 - 10 instantly and I can't pinpoint which movement or movements cause it! Oh well, if I manage to get these hardwood floors redone and the new flooring down in the kitchen and laundry area it will be a major accomplishment considering it is hard to bend over and nearly impossible to kneel down! :)

MAYBE I can get some pics tomorrow! I am enjoying all of yours!

kjuddy
(karen) Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 30, 2010
5:05 AM

Post #7841766

Here's my first bloom off a seedling I got from Hillbilly Gran - is she still on here? If so, thanks so much I had a great time waiting for this one to bloom - I have one more seedling but it is still just one fan and no scape yet:(

This one's tag said Orient x Red Tears

This message was edited May 30, 2010 6:12 AM

Thumbnail by kjuddy

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

May 30, 2010
5:42 AM

Post #7841825

Charlotte, if your yellow daylily is hyperion, it will have a fragrance--it is the most fragrant daylily I have ever smelled.

jeri11

jeri11
Central, LA
(Zone 8b)

May 30, 2010
6:04 AM

Post #7841857

Elaine I am growing the new Bush tomato this year and it is doing great other than about 4 or 5 of the 1st ripe tomatoes have nasty black spots on their bottoms. I threw them away but have no idea what caused it. Do you?
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 30, 2010
6:10 AM

Post #7841869

you have blossom end rot on them, not enough calcium in the ground. you can put powdered lime on the ground and mix it in , by the roots of the plants, or water it in, the blossoms that have set fruit already, you can spray a spray on that you can get at lows strictly for blossom end rot, it has to be sprayed on the blossoms but you'd have to read to see if it would help the fruit by spraying it directly onto the fruit.

WE put powdered lime in our holes when we plant the tomatos and don't usually get any blossom end rot. it will ruin all your tomatoes .

i'm not elaine but thought I could help with that LOL

jeri11

jeri11
Central, LA
(Zone 8b)

May 30, 2010
6:18 AM

Post #7841892

I appreciate that and I didn't put any lime in the holes but will sprinkle some around each plant and water it in. Thanks KA!!! You may not have saved the day but maybe a tomato or two!!! LOL!!!!
n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

May 30, 2010
6:19 AM

Post #7841895

You helped me too KA. One year every one of my tomatoes had that. It really discouraged me from raising them in the pots again. Now I know. Should have asked you in the first place.
n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

May 30, 2010
6:21 AM

Post #7841899

Nice seedling Karen. Looks like it has alot of buds for its first year too. Must be a good producer.

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

May 30, 2010
7:14 AM

Post #7842014

I may have this confused, which would not be anything out of the ordinary--I am thinking that lime spread this year, will not help this years crop, but will help next years-am I right or did I dream this up one night when I ate chocolate before bedtime???????????????????
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 30, 2010
7:20 AM

Post #7842031

powder lime, is different from the pelletized lime, lime you can get at walmart and lowes is activated as soon as you throw it out, the lime you get at the feedstores that's more peletized, isn't activated for about 6 months. you have night mares when you eat chocolate too ha? LOL
Make sure you get the agricultural lime and not the pelitized lime.

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

May 30, 2010
8:01 AM

Post #7842137

Thanks for straightening me out on that Kathy Ann--I know better than to eat sweets before bedtime--lol--but I also knew there was something about that that kept niggling in the back of my mind--I wanted to answer the question about the bottom rot, but I knew I wasn't clear on the subject, glad you are still able to think for us---LOL
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 30, 2010
10:11 AM

Post #7842535

I'm surprised I could do anythinking though, I had chocolate silk pie before bed two nights in a row, and i'm glad it's gone now LOL
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 30, 2010
10:30 AM

Post #7842597

Crested Surf japanese iris

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 30, 2010
10:31 AM

Post #7842601

Fortune japanese iris clump

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 30, 2010
10:31 AM

Post #7842604

oriental eyes japanese iris

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 30, 2010

Post #7842607

Peacock dance japanese iris

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 30, 2010

Post #7842608

The spacecoasts are starting to bloom

this is hot topic

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 30, 2010
10:33 AM

Post #7842610

Cranberry breeze spacecoast daylily

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 30, 2010

Post #7842612

Flame thrower echinacea about to full.y open

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 30, 2010

Post #7842613

Black knight buddleia is blooming, smells heavenly

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 30, 2010
10:34 AM

Post #7842618

Red beauty yarrow, Love this color red

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 30, 2010
10:35 AM

Post #7842619

Some of the milkweed

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 30, 2010
10:35 AM

Post #7842620

LOOK a white poppy, it's about time I get a diff colored one

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 30, 2010
10:36 AM

Post #7842621

Sundown echinacea

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 30, 2010
10:36 AM

Post #7842625

Nice pic of the sun going down but that darned ol light pole is in the way

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 30, 2010
10:49 AM

Post #7842668

I like those spacecoast day lilies.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 30, 2010
10:55 AM

Post #7842688

me too, notice a delay here when we first click on this thread, the windo makes itself a little smaller and then i can skip to the unread messages down below, wonder why it does that.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 30, 2010
11:20 AM

Post #7842740

I can't tell you the feeling I have when I go out to the garden several times a day and see a new bloom, it's fascinating.

I hve a few more japanese iris blooming

Angel mountain japanese iris

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 30, 2010
11:21 AM

Post #7842742

Diomedes japanese iris

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 30, 2010
11:22 AM

Post #7842747

Another shot of peacock dance japanese iris

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 30, 2010
11:23 AM

Post #7842750

Cloth of gold yarrow

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 30, 2010
11:26 AM

Post #7842759

fever few virgo, I'm trying to put these photos in a different folder after I post them here and fb if I double post, sorry, sometimes it's confusing if i've posted them or not.

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 30, 2010
11:27 AM

Post #7842762

pineaple lily hasn't put up it's bloom stalk yet. that's another pineapple lily back behind that one too this one is beautiful when it blooms

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 30, 2010
11:28 AM

Post #7842769

some shots of the full sun garden, I hope i'm not monopolizing this thread. LOL

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 30, 2010
11:29 AM

Post #7842773

another shot

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 30, 2010
11:35 AM

Post #7842784

milkweed rose swan

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 30, 2010
11:35 AM

Post #7842786

echincea sunrise. I might hve posted this before

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 30, 2010
11:54 AM

Post #7842843

I love your japanese iris!! You have tons of them!
OutsidePlaying
Laceys Spring, AL
(Zone 7a)

May 30, 2010
12:08 PM

Post #7842891

Jeri, KA answered absolutely right about the blossom end rot and what to do. I have a 'Tumbling Tom' cherry tom in one pot and a 'Husker Cherry' (slightly larger cherry) in another. Neither are prone to BER but I also use powdered garden lime and also have used a little of the spray this year. If you use the pelletized, put it out this fall and let it work its magic before next spring.

KA your gardens are just amazing. It's like somebody planted almost every variety in one yard! Do you have any Monarch larvae or chrysalis on your Milkweed?
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 30, 2010
12:21 PM

Post #7842927

Just now seeing the monarchs coming around and laying their eggs, so i'll have cats soon. last year I didn't have many flowers before they ate the the plants up. I have been very blessed with my gardens, I'm trading now with the big wigs LOL nurseries. I was blessed with a gift of japanese iris last year by a member here, although hers won't bloom this year, and I did a few trades and received a good many of them. I have about 60 now.

still trying to get it full enough so the weeds don't have room to grow.

So far i've not bought any of them, I would like to buy some of those graywoods japanese iris, they are by far the most beautiful i've ever seen. but high dollar. need to sell some soap first LOL and make sure danny has enough work for a while ;0)

jeri11

jeri11
Central, LA
(Zone 8b)

May 30, 2010
3:38 PM

Post #7843412

My D/Ls Sandra. Are you proud of me?

Thumbnail by jeri11

jeri11

jeri11
Central, LA
(Zone 8b)

May 30, 2010
3:39 PM

Post #7843417

Coneflowers

Thumbnail by jeri11

jeri11

jeri11
Central, LA
(Zone 8b)

May 30, 2010
3:42 PM

Post #7843428

My snow queen hibiscus are very slow this year. The philodendrom trees are returning and the cannas look pretty good right now.

Thumbnail by jeri11

jeri11

jeri11
Central, LA
(Zone 8b)

May 30, 2010
3:44 PM

Post #7843437

First Angel Trumpets.

Thumbnail by jeri11

jeri11

jeri11
Central, LA
(Zone 8b)

May 30, 2010
3:45 PM

Post #7843441

Won't be long before there are a lot more.

Thumbnail by jeri11

jeri11

jeri11
Central, LA
(Zone 8b)

May 30, 2010
3:46 PM

Post #7843448

Bored Ya yet? Vermeer Cala lilies

Thumbnail by jeri11

jeri11

jeri11
Central, LA
(Zone 8b)

May 30, 2010
3:50 PM

Post #7843463

This is an arrangement I'm putting together. Becky gave me the cinnamon ferns, I bought the hummingbird plants and ixora at FH and Charlotte & Marilyn gave me the little garden angel. I have to wait 2 weeks before I can dig the 3 gal holes.

Thumbnail by jeri11

n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

May 30, 2010
3:51 PM

Post #7843464

I am enjoying seeing all of your pics Jeri. It is like a paradise at your house.

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

May 30, 2010
4:08 PM

Post #7843511

I am very proud of you Jeri, everything looks so pretty-I am jealous of the calla lilies. I have grown lots of them here, but hardly ever get very many blooms. They are like 4o'clocks, they just don't like me !
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 30, 2010
4:10 PM

Post #7843517

Lovely, Jeri!

jeri11

jeri11
Central, LA
(Zone 8b)

May 30, 2010
4:29 PM

Post #7843559

Thanks Yall!!! I was able to get outside today and struggled to water everything just to have a gully washer come this PM.

Hopefully now that I'm gonna feel better it will be easier to maintain than it has been. At least I have some breath left after I get to the back of the yard.

Sandra that has to be Joann doing that!!! It's around her memorial. They have done well there since the 1st year I put them in.

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

May 30, 2010
4:34 PM

Post #7843572

Well they are beautiful

Born Too Late

Thumbnail by slcdms

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

May 30, 2010
4:37 PM

Post #7843577

This is the Japanese Iris that Gardens Oyvey has, I don't know the name, but it came from there

This message was edited May 30, 2010 6:37 PM

Thumbnail by slcdms

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

May 30, 2010
4:38 PM

Post #7843581

Another Japanese Iris, Royal Robes

Thumbnail by slcdms

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

May 30, 2010
4:39 PM

Post #7843583

Yellow lily

Thumbnail by slcdms

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

May 30, 2010
4:40 PM

Post #7843587

I let the kittens out for a little bit today--they were moving fast

All that junk they are trying to get around are my bead boxes---I know I should put them up, but I am planning on using them later tonight !!

Thumbnail by slcdms

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

May 30, 2010
4:41 PM

Post #7843589

Another kitty picture

Thumbnail by slcdms

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

May 30, 2010
4:43 PM

Post #7843592

The "real" Web of Intrigue bloomed out today
It is really pretty, this is my first time to have it, thanks Phyllis !

Thumbnail by slcdms

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 30, 2010
4:53 PM

Post #7843615

Sandra I like your daylilies and japanese iris!! Those kitties are growing! Sarabeth was about that size when I got her.

jeri11

jeri11
Central, LA
(Zone 8b)

May 30, 2010
4:56 PM

Post #7843624

I love the ruffles on Born Too Late.

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

May 30, 2010
4:58 PM

Post #7843630

They will be 4 weeks tomorrow, at 5 weeks I am going to try to get them to eat, they are so cute, I just smile every time I look at them !

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

May 30, 2010
4:59 PM

Post #7843636

Me too Jeri, Kathy Ann gave me that one in 08--it is ruffled enough to be pretty, but not too much so it doesn't want to open all the way. some of the heavier ruffled ones, are hard to open, too much on them.

Don't you want a kitten Jeri?????????????????????????????? You would never know the difference--LOL
lilsista59
(Phyllis) Osceola, PA
(Zone 5b)

May 30, 2010
5:05 PM

Post #7843648

I have some no ID Irises blooming now..they've been here for ages...

Thumbnail by lilsista59

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 30, 2010
5:05 PM

Post #7843650

I had some new day lilies open today.

This one is Funny Cide.

Thumbnail by cperdue

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 30, 2010
5:06 PM

Post #7843653

Chicago Royal Robe

Thumbnail by cperdue

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 30, 2010
5:07 PM

Post #7843655

Fleeting Fancy

Thumbnail by cperdue

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 30, 2010
5:07 PM

Post #7843656

Perpetual Corridor

Thumbnail by cperdue

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 30, 2010
5:08 PM

Post #7843658

Razzamatazz - This one is small but it is so sweet!

Thumbnail by cperdue

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 30, 2010
5:08 PM

Post #7843660

Asiatic lily - pink

Thumbnail by cperdue

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 30, 2010
5:09 PM

Post #7843662

Another Asiatic lily - orange.

Thumbnail by cperdue

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 30, 2010
5:20 PM

Post #7843694

Lovely pics everybody, love that japanese iris, i'm partial LOL

jeri11

jeri11
Central, LA
(Zone 8b)

May 30, 2010
5:28 PM

Post #7843720

Sandra you are always trying to start something!!! Jim was not happy about Pudding. He said I should have had her fixed.
lilsista59
(Phyllis) Osceola, PA
(Zone 5b)

May 30, 2010
5:37 PM

Post #7843745

Another one..

Thumbnail by lilsista59

lilsista59
(Phyllis) Osceola, PA
(Zone 5b)

May 30, 2010
5:41 PM

Post #7843755

and a yellow one..

Thumbnail by lilsista59

lilsista59
(Phyllis) Osceola, PA
(Zone 5b)

May 30, 2010
5:46 PM

Post #7843770

What my whole Wisteria should look like instead of 1 branch...

Thumbnail by lilsista59

lilsista59
(Phyllis) Osceola, PA
(Zone 5b)

May 30, 2010
5:52 PM

Post #7843791

Meadow Rue..Light Purple..

Thumbnail by lilsista59

lilsista59
(Phyllis) Osceola, PA
(Zone 5b)

May 30, 2010
5:54 PM

Post #7843798

And White

Thumbnail by lilsista59

lilsista59
(Phyllis) Osceola, PA
(Zone 5b)

May 30, 2010

Post #7843808

Mediterranean Bells are opening up

Thumbnail by lilsista59

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 30, 2010

Post #7843816

love the wisteria a nd the meadowrue.

I recently got a pink ice and black dragon wisteria, can't wait to see blooms on them.

lilsista59
(Phyllis) Osceola, PA
(Zone 5b)

May 30, 2010
6:07 PM

Post #7843837

KA The Meadow Rue is a good shade plant..belongs to the columbine family...
it gets 4+ feet tall...
I've had it forever...it's spreading out into the lawn now...LOL

One of the Bells..

Thumbnail by lilsista59

lilsista59
(Phyllis) Osceola, PA
(Zone 5b)

May 30, 2010
6:14 PM

Post #7843857

Lemon Lily hiding out with the Honey Suckle
most of the Lemon Lily buds in this bed got hit by the frost...

Thumbnail by lilsista59

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 30, 2010
6:15 PM

Post #7843863

I use to have some of the tall purple meadow rue, it reminds me of the thalicrum plants, I sure didn't know it was in the columbine family though

I can't seem to grow those Mediterranean Bells I loose alot of bulbs to the voles. I learn fast what i can grow and can't . I think their beautiful though

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

May 30, 2010
6:19 PM

Post #7843873

Hey, I like that meadow rue too, so it will grow here???
Phyllis this is great, we are getting to see early spring again at your house !!
lilsista59
(Phyllis) Osceola, PA
(Zone 5b)

May 30, 2010
6:22 PM

Post #7843883

Have no idea what the name of this is..my MIL would though..she gave me a piece...

Thumbnail by lilsista59

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 30, 2010
6:27 PM

Post #7843899

you have a hardy geranium there, but not sure of it's particular name,

I'm not sure why I lost my meadow rue, I had it in part shade it grew for many years before It died.

I may have to get it again. loved mine

didn't know they had a white one. don't see why it wouldn't grow for you Sandra
lilsista59
(Phyllis) Osceola, PA
(Zone 5b)

May 30, 2010
6:30 PM

Post #7843904

Spiderwort starting to open up..it's been banished out to Bear Country...LOL
it runs the length of the front of the pasture on each side of the gate...
Too aggressive for the main beds..

Thumbnail by lilsista59

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

May 30, 2010
6:31 PM

Post #7843909

It looks a little like my Tiny Monster, I think is it's name.

I may have to try some of that--now where would I put it--lol
lilsista59
(Phyllis) Osceola, PA
(Zone 5b)

May 30, 2010
6:37 PM

Post #7843927

Try some of What Sandra??
No need to buy any..I have plants and will have lots of seeds for the Meadow Rue...
Just tell me when it's cool enough..mine is under pines..but there's one growing and blooming in my front bed..Full sun...problem with birds..they eat the seeds then poop..LOL

Here's a blurry close up...

Thumbnail by lilsista59

lilsista59
(Phyllis) Osceola, PA
(Zone 5b)

May 30, 2010
6:38 PM

Post #7843929

Try some of What Sandra??
No need to buy any..I have plants and will have lots of seeds for the Meadow Rue...
Just tell me know when it's cool enough..mine is under pines..but there's one growing and blooming in my front bed..Full sun...problem with birds..they eat the seeds then poop..LOL

Here's a blurry close up...

Thumbnail by lilsista59

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 30, 2010
6:39 PM

Post #7843932

yes, that's the one you gave me sandra, mine is doing great, it does look like that one. it spreads phyllis so watch it LOL

That spiderwort reminds me of the time Wanda's grandson went walking with us, He called that plant something, and started eating the stalk, I asked him if he knew that was poisonous, he spit it out really fast, I said later, that I wasn't sure if it was or not, but NEVER EAT A PLANT , you could die I said. What's wrong with kids these days LOL

I'd have to watch him like a hawk if he came over here LOL

Yep, I really like that meadowrue,
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 30, 2010
6:40 PM

Post #7843936

you have that much of it Phyllis? Sometimes having alot of a certain plant is a blessing LOL I may have to trade you a japanese iris for some of that LOL
lilsista59
(Phyllis) Osceola, PA
(Zone 5b)

May 30, 2010
6:40 PM

Post #7843937

hic-uped...LOL
lilsista59
(Phyllis) Osceola, PA
(Zone 5b)

May 30, 2010
6:47 PM

Post #7843960

The bed is full and spilling out into the grass...and where some Black Berry Bushes are...
the only other thing in there are some foxgloves...

Speaking of BlackBerry bushes,,,Bear Food...LOL
Their loaded this year and they've spread everywhere on the property...
The Bears will love me this year...

Thumbnail by lilsista59

lilsista59
(Phyllis) Osceola, PA
(Zone 5b)

May 30, 2010
6:52 PM

Post #7843973

Just tell me when...i'll go out and mark the white ones..so I know where they are..
there's more Purple then White..LOL
If you haven't noticed purple things like it here...LOL
and there will be lots of seeds too...

Yes that's why the spider wort was banished to Bear Land...LOL
it's hard to get rid of too...

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

May 30, 2010
6:53 PM

Post #7843974

You better stay out of bear country--who would think a bear would care about a little a thing as a blackberry? I bet it would take a million to even know they had a bite.

Yes, I like that rue, that is pretty

no id red
Phyllis I lied to you earlier, I did not make a picture of the no id yellow today--sorry

Thumbnail by slcdms

n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

May 31, 2010
5:08 AM

Post #7845011

Lilsista - Love the meadow rue too. Funny, I was just looking at some OLD Garden Gate magazines last nite, and they had that plant featured and here I sign on this morning and you are showing pics of it. Is that a sign ? lol.

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 31, 2010
7:00 AM

Post #7845202

Last week and last day of May! Quite a lot of day lilies are open today.

This one is Bama Music

Thumbnail by cperdue

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 31, 2010
7:01 AM

Post #7845207

Open Hearth

Thumbnail by cperdue

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 31, 2010
7:01 AM

Post #7845209

Blackberries and Cream

Thumbnail by cperdue

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 31, 2010
7:02 AM

Post #7845212

Mateaus

Thumbnail by cperdue

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 31, 2010
7:02 AM

Post #7845213

Indian Giver

Thumbnail by cperdue

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 31, 2010
7:03 AM

Post #7845214

Mary Todd

Thumbnail by cperdue

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 31, 2010
7:03 AM

Post #7845215

Shady Lady

Thumbnail by cperdue

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 31, 2010
7:04 AM

Post #7845216

Afternoon Truffle

Thumbnail by cperdue

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 31, 2010
7:04 AM

Post #7845219

Lemonberry Truffle

Thumbnail by cperdue

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 31, 2010
7:05 AM

Post #7845221

Rainbow Gandy

Thumbnail by cperdue

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 31, 2010
7:09 AM

Post #7845231

you are full of the daylilies now, I had no idea you had so many, love that black berry one.

purdy!!!

Japanese iris grape fizz

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 31, 2010
7:10 AM

Post #7845233

my we have been busy here, 243 posts in less than a week LOL

Hegira japanese iris

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 31, 2010
7:11 AM

Post #7845236

I love walking down this isle when their in full bloom

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 31, 2010
7:12 AM

Post #7845238

lady in red hydrangea, not really red, but it does turn as it ages

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 31, 2010
7:13 AM

Post #7845239

this is a new buddleia last year for me purple emperor just starting to bloom out

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 31, 2010
7:13 AM

Post #7845243

large clump of crested surf japanese iris

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

gen2026
Camden, AR

May 31, 2010
7:34 AM

Post #7845297

Since it is the last day of May, I thought I better hurry and try to get a few pictures posted before I head back out on my flooring project today...

This is a plant that had lost its tag earlier in the season that I was inquiring if it was Limelight salvia - and someone thought it was Honeybee Blue agasthase ? Is that what it is?

Thumbnail by gen2026

gen2026
Camden, AR

May 31, 2010
7:34 AM

Post #7845300

Sorry - not sure why that loaded sideways!

Oh sorry - because I am loading straight from the camera and I had the camera turned when I took the pic - DUH!!

This message was edited May 31, 2010 8:36 AM
gen2026
Camden, AR

May 31, 2010
7:40 AM

Post #7845318

My first ever Monarda bloom and I can't find the name anywhere! It is about 3 - 3.5 ft tall and a beautiful dark red. KA, I think I got this from you last Fall or spring... do you recognize it?

I just love it. Can't wait til there is a nice clump, it should be stunning!

Thumbnail by gen2026

duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 31, 2010
7:40 AM

Post #7845320

I love all of y'all pix. I wish I had more sun...then I would have all kinds of yellow daylilies...my favorite color...especially if they were rebloomers!
gen2026
Camden, AR

May 31, 2010
7:44 AM

Post #7845326

Here is Perseus Sandels... this is not a good shot, it was taken late in the day as the bloom was losing its luster, but this has been blooming its head off - and the blooms are over 7 inches across!

Thumbnail by gen2026

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 31, 2010
7:48 AM

Post #7845338

That last one is pretty Genna!
gen2026
Camden, AR

May 31, 2010
7:59 AM

Post #7845355

The ? Love daylily... I forget the name and don't have time to go double check right now...

Thumbnail by gen2026

gen2026
Camden, AR

May 31, 2010
8:04 AM

Post #7845367

Desperado Love

Thumbnail by gen2026

HelloMissMary

HelloMissMary
Memphis, TN

May 31, 2010
8:06 AM

Post #7845372

Gen2026, my Golden Jubilee Anise Hyssop (last year) looked very much like your plant in question above, so I recognized it right off. I'm pretty sure it's an Agastache in that case. Here's one of my pics from last year's Anise Hyssop for comparison. I really miss that plant -- when crushed, the leaves smelled just like Licorice!

This message was edited May 31, 2010 10:07 AM

gen2026
Camden, AR

May 31, 2010
8:12 AM

Post #7845387

Thanks! I will try that to see if it smells - not a licorice fan, but I will definitely recognize it! :)

Asiatic Lily blooming... along with a Gardening helper... :)

Thumbnail by gen2026

gen2026
Camden, AR

May 31, 2010
8:19 AM

Post #7845402

This is one of my new DLs ... and I looked at the name but I have already forgotten it. It sure is a lovely one.

Thumbnail by gen2026

gen2026
Camden, AR

May 31, 2010
8:45 AM

Post #7845478

My red and yellow 4:00s is loaded...

Thumbnail by gen2026

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 31, 2010
8:49 AM

Post #7845490

I gave you the blue fortune agastache, and that looks like mine. golden jubilee is not hardy for me:0( i'm so sad about that, it's a georgious plant.

my 4 oclocks are not even full grown yet, your way ahead of me.

pretty flowers.!!
gen2026
Camden, AR

May 31, 2010
8:50 AM

Post #7845493

This is another one of those - anyone recognize this... the chickens promptly moved almost all the tags last fall after I planted my new things from the RU.

The pic is sideways but I still figured it would be identifiable.

Thumbnail by gen2026

gen2026
Camden, AR

May 31, 2010
8:59 AM

Post #7845515

My red and yellow marbles 4:00s were 6 - 10" high as the others were barely breaking thru the surface... no idea why ... but they sure are beautiful. They are my favorite 4:00s and the solid red bloom that it occasionally throws is really beautiful... if ONLY you could isolate just the red ???

So, KA, so you think that is Golden Jublilee in my photo? I THINK i purchased that from Bluestone last summer... I just need to look up my records!

Last pic for now. Jessica just got picked up by a friend for a week at the lake, so now I have to get back to my flooring project... Here is what I thought was Mary Todd from Karen, but I guess I looked at the tag wrong because it doesn't look anything like the Mary Todd that Charlotte posted. I will look again later... It is a small bloom but very pretty...

Thumbnail by gen2026

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 31, 2010
9:24 AM

Post #7845578

LOL you need picassa so you can turn your pics around, I have just recently learned that I can do that. and I love taking the long shots sideways and turning them around in picassa. turns out to be a good pic.

looks like some sort of shasta daisy

it's really hard to tell in the sideways photo, if your leaves are chartruse color like the color in phyllis's photo. then you do have golden jubilee, I just can't tell the green leave color is too close to the blue fortune color to tell. let me go take a shot ofmy blue fortune then you can tell if it looks like mine or phyllis's

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 31, 2010
9:26 AM

Post #7845584

Genna I just looked up Mary Todd to make sure it was right and yes it is a yellow lily. I've been trying to keep a photo record of my day lilies so when I go out to photo I take a piece of paper and pen with me and then write down each one I photo. I write them down in the order I photo so when I unload my camera I know which is which. I transfer to my day lily file every day.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 31, 2010
9:29 AM

Post #7845594

here's my blue fortune

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 31, 2010
9:30 AM

Post #7845596

black adder agastache

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 31, 2010

Post #7845599

the black knight buddleia

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 31, 2010
9:32 AM

Post #7845604

Rose scented dydima monarda, and the bees are aweful out there, the black /yellow wood bees are all over the place. scarey to go out there

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 31, 2010
9:39 AM

Post #7845635

My four O' clocks are still growing too. It will be a couple of weeks before they bloom. I see large buds on my monarda but no blooms yet. Mine don't get direct sun all day so it takes them a little longer to open.
OutsidePlaying
Laceys Spring, AL
(Zone 7a)

May 31, 2010
1:06 PM

Post #7846187

Charlotte, where did you get 'Bama Music'? I love that, but then I love anything that has 'Bama' in the name, LOL! I have a Bama Belle which is a later bloomer. Similar but Music looks a little more lavender and Belle is a bit more pink.

Here are a few shots from this morning. We've had so much rain, some of the DL blooms got beat up pretty good yesterday.

Elizabeth Salter.

OutsidePlaying
Laceys Spring, AL
(Zone 7a)

May 31, 2010
1:08 PM

Post #7846193

NOID pale yellow with a lot of white. This was another of my very first DL's. If anyone has any idea what these are let me know.

OutsidePlaying
Laceys Spring, AL
(Zone 7a)

May 31, 2010
1:09 PM

Post #7846197

Another unknown spider-type.

OutsidePlaying
Laceys Spring, AL
(Zone 7a)

May 31, 2010
1:11 PM

Post #7846204

Dragonfly around the pond. This big guy was almost posing but I never could get a photo of the little blue ones flitting around.

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 31, 2010
1:13 PM

Post #7846214

you can get Bama music daylily at www.premiumplantplugs.com one gallon pots for 3.50 on sale. I was just browsing that web site and came across that daylily ;0)
OutsidePlaying
Laceys Spring, AL
(Zone 7a)

May 31, 2010
1:13 PM

Post #7846215

Black and Blue salvia with violas.

OutsidePlaying
Laceys Spring, AL
(Zone 7a)

May 31, 2010
1:16 PM

Post #7846227

Thanks, KA. I'll have to order one.
I'm watching after my neighbor's garden and greenhouse. These are some of her blooms. Love all her poppies, but poppies don't do so well for me.

OutsidePlaying
Laceys Spring, AL
(Zone 7a)

May 31, 2010
1:19 PM

Post #7846235

42nd Street. I may have posted this photo back on the other thread.

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 31, 2010
1:32 PM

Post #7846284

I got my Bama Music somewhere on Dave's last year. I'll have to look it up.
gen2026
Camden, AR

May 31, 2010
2:13 PM

Post #7846422

Charlotte, I looked this morning before heading out and I believe my DL is Mary Reed instead of Mary Todd. I just got the names confused! I took some more pics this morning... I will try to get them posted later. I had some new ones bloom out and my perseus sandals has 9 blooms open at one time today! It is a sight to see, but I had hoped it would spread them out over more time!

Kathy Ann did you recognize my monarda??? I am fairly certain I got it from you...it is a very dark red and stands 3 - 3.5 ft tall... yours may be taller seems like my stuff doesn't get as tall as ya'lls - maybe because of the sandy soil??

Genna
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 31, 2010
2:36 PM

Post #7846480

I honestly don't know which monarda that is. at one time I had jacob's cline but don't believe I gave mine to anybody but marilyn before it bit the dust. she gave it to alot of folks though, including giving some back to me.

I have crambridge scarlet and gardenview scarlet monarda also I gave away some of those and their red. it's just hard to tell

you know what monarda is beautiful! that panaramic red shades. it's georgious with all the diff colors going at once.
OutsidePlaying
Laceys Spring, AL
(Zone 7a)

May 31, 2010
3:46 PM

Post #7846600

It's a good thing tomorrow starts a new month 'cause we sure have posted a lot of May pics, lol!!!
gen2026
Camden, AR

May 31, 2010
4:08 PM

Post #7846649

and they are all so beautiful! It has been a gorgeous month!!
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

May 31, 2010
4:18 PM

Post #7846678

Hello All.. Hope everyone is doing great.. The flower pics are breath taking..So many beauties..I have a few I can share..Note the daylilies most of them came from you guys at the round up..Many thanks..

This one is Cool Jazz

Thumbnail by huneybunch_2000

huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

May 31, 2010
4:22 PM

Post #7846696

Gentle Rose

huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

May 31, 2010
4:26 PM

Post #7846715

Wild Horse

lilsista59
(Phyllis) Osceola, PA
(Zone 5b)

May 31, 2010
4:27 PM

Post #7846719

I was suppose to have Bama Music..I got it in a trade in 08 but the one clump bloomed a tiny NOID yellow with a red eye and i'm hoping the other clump blooms true..but I doubt it very much...
there was 3 other DL's in that trade too that haven't bloomed yet either..one has a scape so soon i'll know on that one...
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

May 31, 2010
4:30 PM

Post #7846734

Bayou bride

huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

May 31, 2010
4:33 PM

Post #7846752

St Josephs Lily

huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

May 31, 2010
4:36 PM

Post #7846770

Red border lilies

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 31, 2010

Post #7846794

Very pretty Trish! Really like those St Joseph Lilies.
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

May 31, 2010

Post #7846798

Amaryllis minerva and red border lily

huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

May 31, 2010
4:46 PM

Post #7846826

Royal Sunset lily

I am going to dig up a bunch of them(St Josephs lilies) from a friends house.. I will pot you up some. Wish I could make it to Kathy Anns.. Pouting but maybe during one of Calebs next appointments I could bring them to you or maybe I can make it to a RU in the fall..

huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

May 31, 2010
4:49 PM

Post #7846843

Easter lily amongst the hosta

gen2026
Camden, AR

May 31, 2010
4:51 PM

Post #7846852

Good to see you posting Trish! How is your son doing?? I haven't seen you posting in a while. By the way, we hired a coach from Hamburg...isn't that where your kids go?? Absolutely LOVE the Wild Horse and Bayou Bride!!!

Here is my Perseus Sandals today... it had 9 blooms at once today! It stands close to 4.5' tall and has a commanding presence.

Thumbnail by gen2026

huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

May 31, 2010
4:59 PM

Post #7846887

Assorted lilies in bloom

gen2026
Camden, AR

May 31, 2010
5:00 PM

Post #7846890

This is wedding feast and this picture does not do it justice - it is a really large bloom and very beautiful...

KA - did I get this at your house in the Fall of 08 when we were digging all those DLs at your house?? I know I brought home 6 - 7 - remember I had to leave early that day to get back for a game... I left Sandra and Terrye digging...

Thumbnail by gen2026

gen2026
Camden, AR

May 31, 2010
5:03 PM

Post #7846901

Crimson Flood... another beauty

Thumbnail by gen2026

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 31, 2010
5:04 PM

Post #7846904

I don't know, I gave away to o many to know LOL it sure is pretty though.

I remember that day sandra was a digging fool and now she can't hardly bend over. Girl, I don't know what we're going to do with her. I sure wish that surgery would have helped you. I hate for you to feel so bad Sandra.

Trish your daylilies and lilies are beautiful.
gen2026
Camden, AR

May 31, 2010
5:11 PM

Post #7846934

This one is Harvest Sky

Thumbnail by gen2026

huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

May 31, 2010
5:16 PM

Post #7846958

My Hydrangea is so loaded its just laying over on th ground...

Thanks Gen Caleb is doing great.. Except has some limited movement of thumb and ring finger of right hand that may require further surgery..Not stopping him tho..
Yeah you guys got the offensive coordinator from Hamburg School.. He's a good guy..

I love that Perseus Sandals so maybe we can trade at the next RU when we are together..

huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

May 31, 2010
5:22 PM

Post #7846990

Celebrity Elite

This is not a good picture but the blooms have gotten better..

gen2026
Camden, AR

May 31, 2010
5:23 PM

Post #7846994

I hope that it will multiply enough soon to be able to trade it some... last year I only had 2 blooms but this year it is loaded!

I haven't officially met Coach Chambers yet, but I went to almost all the spring practice sessions and I can tell I really like his attitude and style. We still have one coaching position open and I am hoping they find another good one to go with him... it will bring a nice change to the football season for sure!

Hope that my hydrangeas get like that someday... I just love the old fashioned ones!! have some on my table right now that I picked from the old home place down the road... the day I dug some of the byzantine glads.

This is a westborne unnamed seedling...

Thumbnail by gen2026

huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

May 31, 2010
5:27 PM

Post #7847003

I love this one.. Noid from Cindy

huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

May 31, 2010

Post #7847014

Precious one

huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

May 31, 2010
5:37 PM

Post #7847029

Heres a turkey slipping across the yard..I took this from inside the house so thats why its not a very good picture..

huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

May 31, 2010
5:40 PM

Post #7847034

blue spiderwort and hosta

gen2026
Camden, AR

May 31, 2010
5:42 PM

Post #7847039

I wish we had some turkey in our woods near our house... I have inquired about trying to stock some but they say it isn't possible...? Would love to have some quail too...

This is my Mary Reed from Bonnie. Thank you Bonnie!

Thumbnail by gen2026

gen2026
Camden, AR

May 31, 2010
5:49 PM

Post #7847050

Looks like we are hogging the thread Trish... ^_^

This is my last one for the month... my cannas... Cleopatra, Red King Hubert, and Tropical Sunrise I believe...

I can't believe it is almost June!!

Thumbnail by gen2026

huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

May 31, 2010
5:50 PM

Post #7847051

This bed is filled with coneflowers, phlox, lambs ear. japanese fern and daylilies I got from the round-up...I grew the petunias from seeds this year that I saved from last years blooms.. I bought the foxglove..

gen2026
Camden, AR

May 31, 2010
5:52 PM

Post #7847058

Beautiful... that must be your friendship bed! :) All my beds are that way! I have only recently started trying to label not only what the plant is, but WHO I got it from... wish I had started out doing that and keeping BETTER records... just not enough time to do everything that I would like to do!

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

May 31, 2010
5:56 PM

Post #7847066

Beautiful pictures everyone, yes May has been a beautiful month in the Mid South.
I made a few today, but have not edited them yet so I will start a new thread tomorrow and I am looking forward to what will be posted there.

This message was edited May 31, 2010 7:56 PM
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

May 31, 2010
6:05 PM

Post #7847083

Yeah I didnt do to well with keeping up with who gave it to me..I had so much stuff when I got home that day.. It was late and I was trying to get it in the ground.. if they labeled it then I know..

Now I hope you guys enjoyed the pictures.. My wave petunias have really filled in but i guess I have to wait to show you now because during the rain the other afternoon I laid my camera down when I was weeding around the irises and forgot to pick it back up.. I was shopping at walmart before I thought of it again by then the rain was coming down...Maybe when my lil tax refund from the state gets here I can get a new one..Tho I sure didnt intend to spend it that way.. I was dreaming of spending it on some beautiful blooming flowers.. Sigh... I guess now im back to begging.. lol Hope you guys have a great evening.. I have to go cook.. Trish Sorry for Hi-jacking the thread on the last night..

gen2026
Camden, AR

May 31, 2010
6:08 PM

Post #7847097

Your blooms are beautiful Trish - glad you posted! We have missed you! Are you going to KA's next weekend? That would be a good way to fill up your want list... I am not going to be able to make it though!

Have a great evening everyone!
gen2026
Camden, AR

May 31, 2010
6:36 PM

Post #7847161

KA - forgot to say that I got Blue Fortune Agastache from Marilyn at Jeri's RU and it is not the same color as the one I posted. I am pretty sure it is the golden jubilee... I am still trying to find my invoice from Bluestone for last Spring!!
I am TRYING to get all my gardening info in one place!

Genna

HelloMissMary

HelloMissMary
Memphis, TN

May 31, 2010
6:48 PM

Post #7847201

I'm really enjoying seeing all these -- so beautiful! Here's my Strawberry Sizzle Geranium.

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 31, 2010
7:08 PM

Post #7847280

Trish and Genna enjoyed all the pretty blooms.

I spent my day inside...yuk! But it had to be done! I've been cleaning out so I can actually clean house. I have 7 garbage bags of stuff in the truck to take to Goodwill in the morning. Then I put a whole bunch of stuff in the attic. I'm just the worst at not getting rid of things! I've got to start getting rid of something everytime something new comes in the house. Tomorrow I need to start actually cleaning.

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 31, 2010
7:25 PM

Post #7847324

Outside Playing I looked up my Bama Music and I got it from frillylilly here on Daves. I bought several from her through classified. I ordered it on July 17, 2009. So I guess she puts her day lilies up around the middle of July.

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

June 1, 2010
8:57 AM

Post #7848462

Go here for more pictures, thanks everyone for contributing, I have enjoyed seeing all the beautiful blooms this month and I am looking forward to the next one !

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1103370/
kjuddy
(karen) Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 1, 2010
7:43 PM

Post #7850458

Genna, that is definitely not Mary Todd - I went back and looked at my pictures of Whimsical, which I grow right next to MTodd but that isn't it either. Mary Todd can not be forgotten it is one of the thickest and prettiest daylilies ever. It doesn't look like much in a picture but it is a winner for sure when you see it in the garden. Not sure what that one is in your picture but it is pretty.

Charlotte - I'm so jealous that your Mary Todd is already blooming - mine has a million scapes but no open blooms yet:(

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 1, 2010
7:53 PM

Post #7850499

Karen I got my Mary Todd from you!
I've been going back through my records to figure out where mine came from. Mary Todd is a really pretty one.
kjuddy
(karen) Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 1, 2010
8:02 PM

Post #7850521

I remember that and while she doesn't look spectacular in a picture she sure takes center stage in the garden. I have MT next to Whimsical which starts blooming about a week after Mary Todd. They look great blooming together but I'd have Mary Todd even if nothing else was there. MT was one of the first daylilies I bought and I couldn't believe how big the bloom was but mostly how thick and heavy each bloom was. Definitely something to see and gets better every year.
gen2026
Camden, AR

June 2, 2010
7:16 AM

Post #7851455

Mine was Mary Reed instead of Mary Todd... just got the names mixed up. I have whimsical from you but it hasn't bloomed yet, and I thought I got Mary Todd too but I haven't located it yet. Not sure if I am missing it in the garden or I didn't get one of those. I will need to check my list where I did right down what I came home with...

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Mid-South Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Mid-South Gardening forum! Terry 72 Jun 19, 2008 8:48 PM
Why Do Folks Love Living in the South? FlowrLady 174 Jan 21, 2008 1:12 AM
Look at my daffodils! chicochi3 37 Nov 6, 2007 4:00 PM
New to this forum corgimom 40 Jul 22, 2010 11:22 AM
Help!! My Hibiscus is ?????????? elamap 2 May 3, 2007 4:59 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America