Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: The Spectacular Flowering Dogwoods: Cornus hybrid "Stellar"series

Communities > Forums > Article: The Spectacular Flowering Dogwoods
bookmark
Forum: Article: The Spectacular Flowering DogwoodsReplies: 1, Views: 17
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
skyracer
Grand Rapids, MI

May 30, 2010
8:13 PM

Post #7844276

I just finished reading John Boland's very informative article " The Spectacular Flowering Dogwoods" (7/18/09). Please look for it above. However, the Cornus hybrids developed at Rutgers University ( C. florida x C. kousa) in the 1960's are called the 'Stellar' series and not the 'Celestial' series. One of the resulting Stellar series hybrids is called 'Celestial' with the additional 'Stellar' series hybrids including 'Aurora', 'Constellation', 'Ruth Ellen', 'Stellar Pink' and 'Stardust'. For more information on the latest dogwood
developments check out the Rutgers University website.
Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL
(Zone 5b)

May 31, 2010
2:59 AM

Post #7844899

I must have misread that info as I did visit the Rutgers site...thanks for clearing that up!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: The Spectacular Flowering Dogwoods Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Dogwoods bugme 0 Jul 18, 2009 11:14 AM
Eastern Dogwood hardiness PinetopPlanter 2 Jun 29, 2011 11:52 AM
dogwood in distress? dalry 5 Jun 27, 2011 1:25 PM
Lastest blooming dogwood? robinson1010 1 Jul 21, 2009 9:56 AM
Cornus Satomi Pink flowering dogwood Nannygirl 1 Jul 21, 2009 9:55 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America