CLOSED: DD JUNE "NAME DROPPED SWAP " PART 2

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

OK HERE IS WHO YOU WILL BE SENDINDING TO & ALL BOXES MUST BE MAILED BY JUNE 26 TH
AS FOR THE NAMED PLANT AS YOU ALL KNOW IT IS NOT GOING TO BE EASY.

So I Just ask that you try to find "ONE" Plant with any name on their list that they might have . then
you can send any other plant or plants that you would like to share . 3-4 plants is fine .

DEEJAY9------------ ELFS_GARDEN
JANAESTONE---------MILLWIG
ELFS_GARDEN------KURLYGIRL
IRISLUVR0252-------FROGGIS_GIRL
FOTV------------DEEJAY9
MILLWIG------IRISLUVR0252
FROGGIES_GIRL-------JANAESTONE
HAPPGARDEN-------FOTV
KURLYGIRL-----------HAPPGARDEN

Thumbnail by deejay9

saved we came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1096116/

DEEJAY9------------
JANAESTONE--------
ELFS_GARDEN-----REC'D
IRISLUVR0252-----
FOTV------------
MILLWIG------REC'D
FROGGIES_GIRL-----
HAPPGARDEN------REC"D
KURLYGIRL-----------

This message was edited Jun 17, 2010 5:03 PM

This message was edited Jun 20, 2010 9:40 PM

Ocean Springs, MS

Got my name! Gonna have fun finding plants! love, julie

Hope your feeling better julie

Gm To all Well I have to leave here Soon today is the day I loose another body part :) But back later in the day
Hows THE Name Dropper Boxes Going ?? I Think Mine I Sent out Should arrive by today.

you all have a supper fine day . chat soon .
susie

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Deejay-Susie: Hope everything went ok for you today and you will be up and about soon!

( Kris) Smiths, AL(Zone 8a)

I got a box from Suzie today. And as usual ity was packed to overflowing,, I got
1. Irish Elf Daylily
2. Flapper Don daylily
3. Baby Tiger paw daylily
4. Lullaby Baby daylly
5. Double Dixie daylily
6. Hosta "Francee"
7. Cutes litle watering Elf
8. 6 Zephyranthus Robustus bulbs

Such a wonderful box everything arrived in great shape and they are all sitting in the sink soaking up a little water before I plant them tomarrow. My camera is here somewhere and as soon as I find it I will send pics!!

THANK YOU AGAIN SUZIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope her surgery went well today. I might try to call her tomarrow and check on her.

I heard from my Mom today and she says dad is doing about the same. I have gotten everything packed and am just waiting to leave now.. I hate having to wait but the only way to get a decent price on a ticket was to wait 3 weeks,,sigh,, I cannot belive they wanted $900.00 for a ticket with only 2 day notice and $300. if you wait 3 weeks,, makes it really hard for people who need to get there faster,, but I guess that is when they make thier money.

I am hoping to try to go ahead and get my stuff mailed out before I leave. I mowed my nieghbors lawn for her and she said she will pay me this weekend so heres hoping she will. It should cover the shipping for the 3 swaps I am behind on,,, I already have the perfect plants!!!
I hope so cause it is making me nuts being late for this stuff...Laters

Evening ladies :)
well all went well I'm a Bit sore But Not really as Much as I Thought I would be . I Got Home about 4 Pm & have just been laying back My Brother Brought DINNER Over For daddy So I would not have to cook for him tonight . Margaret went to her daughters place in IND for the weekend so it is just daddy & Me . It Is Hotter then the dickens today , so was lucky I wasn't out in the gardens :)) .

the storms about to move in on us tonight so I need to get off here soon & just get my head uder cover :) I Don't mind the thunder it is the lighting I do not like .

Kris happy to hear it all arrived safely was beginning to worry in this heat when it comes to mailing plants .
well I'm sure I will feel more like chatting tomorrow still a little sleepy .
good nite all
susie

Ocean Springs, MS

in case you're wondering why I've been MIA, look at what has been keeping me so busy!
My little Liam! I am so blessed to have him with me for the summer!
I hope to keep in touch more often.

Thumbnail by froggies_girl
Gibsonia, PA

Hello Everybody,
I wanted to share my box.....JANAESTONE sent me a Delta Dawn Hosta..........(can anyone say that without breaking into song?) Sister Theresa Astilbe (Daughter), a Mrs Eileen Dahlia (Mom), Lungwort that my 7 year old son adopted and put in his garden and a Bergenia Hybrid-Pink Dragonfly. Everything looks so great and I can expand the yard with much needed new plants. Thank you again Di this has been really fun. Take care.

VERY NICE BOX MILL THANK YOU FOR POSTING . OOps Sorry for the caps .
susie

Ok,, lots of pics here
All from our hostess with the mostest Susie!!!!

Thumbnail by Elfs_Garden

2nd pic

Thumbnail by Elfs_Garden

3rd pic

Thumbnail by Elfs_Garden

# 4

Thumbnail by Elfs_Garden

Thumbnail by Elfs_Garden

Thumbnail by Elfs_Garden

#7 Elfie pot waterer..lol I love it. There was also a Francee Hosta, and stickers. The hostas is the only one I forgot to get pics of,,sorry Susie. But it is planted in its new home and I really, really really love everything you sent!!! Thank you again!!

Thumbnail by Elfs_Garden

kRIS WAS #6 THE bULBS & THEY ARE UP ALREADY ???
GLAD YOU LIKE

Yes!! and they are growing like CRAZY!!

hope they bloom for you witch ones did I send you ?? I think they might be this one mine bloomed within 3wks after I planted them into these pots & are all done blooming .

Thumbnail by deejay9

Zephyranthes robusta
Argentine Rain Lily, Rainlily

yep that is what they are & they should grow well down your way they have to be lifted here but i'm going to leave a few in the ground to see what they will do under Mulch for my glads all stay in the ground all winter. they don't bloom very long .

well i hope to get out in the garden for awhile today been lazy all week :)
here is one of my orientals lilies that opened yesterday .
DBL SENSATION DBL

Thumbnail by deejay9
Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

The box to my partner is on its way! Hopefully will be received on Saturday!

Ocean Springs, MS

To my partner, I will be sending yours on Saturday.

Wow! Everyone is getting such beautifully named plants.

Our little poodle died yesterday! Was a very hard, tearful day for all of us. I got up this morning and missed hearing him scratching out the door to go outside! Our other poodle is so sad. He knows that Ellarry is gone.

I have been so busy with Liam and trying to get things done in my yard that I am exhausted by the time I finally sit down at night. I am going to try to get online more. I miss all of you and the chatting. I need some friendship very badly right now. Well, I need it all the time! LOL

love to all, julie

well then get youself in here more & tell us what you want to chat about I think we all could use some chatter it has
been quiet in here .

hugs to ya girl.

susie

Good Evening All Just wanted to up-date this tread sorry I have been away from it for a few days .

DEEJAY9------------
JANAESTONE--------
ELFS_GARDEN-----REC'D
IRISLUVR0252-----
FOTV------------
MILLWIG------REC'D
FROGGIES_GIRL-----
HAPPGARDEN------REC"D
KURLYGIRL-----------

if you have rec'e your box & I Missed your post please let me know . we should have all boxes out by MOnday June 28th , So That they do not get stuck in the post office over the 4 th of july weekend .

HAPPY GARDENING ALL
susie

Ocean Springs, MS

Deejay, mark me as received!

I got the most beautiful box of daylilies and an Elijah Blue Fescue Grass yesterday, sent to me from Irisluvr0252! The daylilies are
Baby Julia (my mom's name)
Annie Go Lightly (my middle name, my daughter's middle name Anne, and my youngest daughter is Journee Anjulie)
Colt (my oldest son)
Elijah (my youngest son)

My 12-year-old Chase wants a blue garden and wanted some Blue Fescue Grass, so it was the perfect choice for him! So, irisluvr0252, you really knew what to choose for us to make the swap so very, very special! It includes something for me and my 5 children! Thank you for being so generous and thoughtful!

Love to all, julie

Ocean Springs, MS

Wanted to post this separately.

Ellarry was my oldest daughter's poodle. He was 5 years old. She got him right after my dad passed away and named him Ellarry after my dad (Eldon Larry). (Destiny was very close to my dad since I lived at home when I had her and he always spoiled her rotten. When he passed, she told me that she felt like she had lost her daddy, too). She was so devastated about Ellarry that she wanted another poodle to love to help ease the pain. Of course, no dog can ever take Ellarry's place, but the new puppy keeps her busy and helps her cope.
Now here's the clincher! We called about several offers in the newspaper Thursday and they were either gone or out of her price range. So, Friday morning we started going to pet stores and vet's offices looking for ads for poodles. I stopped to buy a paper and there were some mini poodles for sale in her price range. She called and we went to look at them. One came to her immediately and would not let her put him down. If she tried, he would whimper. So, she bought him. On the way home, she decided to name him Landon (once again combining my dad's name Eldon Larry). He is 11 weeks old and she looked on the paperwork to see when he was born. Ok, are you ready for this? He was born April 2, on my dad's birthday! God allowed my dad to lead us to the most perfect puppy, born on my dad's birthday and so special to help us cope with Ellarry's passing. Oh, my, how God works in mysterious ways!

Well, I hope you all have a great day. God bless,
love, julie

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

OH! She and that puppy will be inseparable! They have a bond that will be thicker than glue! Yes, God truly does work in mysterious ways. I am a firm believer that no matter what happens, happens for a reason. It is not ours to understand but to have faith, trust and believe.

Congratulations on the new addition to the family!

I'm happy you like the choices.....I had a lot of fun looking for them. I already had a couple but wanted a couple more so my hubby and I took a drive to the Daylily Farm in Rensselaer IN and went through their books on the daylilies. They even got in on the search! We picked out plants (which were very large and we BOTH got to have some), they dug them and afterwards we went to Fair Oakes Dairy just on up the interstate and had fresh made ice cream and bought cheese made at the dairy. If you get a chance, google the dairy and check it out. A lot of schools take the classes on field trips to the dairy.

I really like the Daylily Farm. It is the only place I know that also gives you an index card with all of the information about that daylily. I have a photo album that has the pages with 2 4X6 inserts (one on top and one on the bottom). I have a photo of the daylily on top and the card below. Of course I'm not sure what I will do when I can no longer find those extra pages to add! Guess I'll just have to scan the cards and make my own on the computer! I need to go back next weekend to "just take pictures". The place is awesome with all the daylilies in bloom and that should be peak (if it hasn't peaked this weekend/week).

Have a wonderful day everyone! My hubby is building me a trellis today for my clematis so I need to go 'supervise' as he put it.

Debbie

WOW Very Very Nice Daylies & All & I Agree your DD Will Be INSEPARABLE From Her New DOGGIE :)
Well No Storms hit us yesterday as they say but we are getting them this morning need the rain just not all the lighting & Bangs :))

DEEJAY9------------
JANAESTONE--------
ELFS_GARDEN-----REC'D
IRISLUVR0252-----
FOTV------------
MILLWIG------REC'D
FROGGIES_GIRL-----REC'D
HAPPGARDEN------REC"D
KURLYGIRL-----------

MY Friend & Neighbor called me at 5am to take her to the ER So I Did & I Just went back to pick her up & bring her home she bought Us Breakfast at MC D"S Well Want To See Who Got the TOY :)

she likes the bag :) WELL I Have to go check on Daddy He woke will pains in his left hip this morning
so I hope he don't take a tumble today . My Brother Jim is comming to take care of daddy so i can get out for the day so you have a great day back later .

susie

Thumbnail by deejay9
Gibsonia, PA

Hello Everyone,
nice chatter about the pets but I just came of a double shift weekend at a kennel........My own dog & cat will have to wait til tomorrow to be spoiled, I'm wore out. I havent sent my box yet, sorry Deb. I'm waiting on an item. Did anyone else have trouble locating or getting what they wanted shipped now? (some DG's wouldnt even reply back) But I am hopeful to have the box sent and rec'd by the end of the week. I hope thats okay.

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

No problem here! Whenever you have time to send is fine with me!

Debbie

Ocean Springs, MS

I, too, had trouble locating things locally, so I ordered online. My buddy will be getting her box sometime later this week or first of next week. Actually, she'll be getting 2 boxes- one from me and one from the company I ordered from!

Thank you all for the wonderful support for us about Ellary. I just know that he is in Heaven sitting in my Daddy's lap and they are both enjoying eternity together.

Bless you all!

I have two things going on this week. I have an appt. with my doctor Wednesday morning to check the lump under my arm. Then I have a colonoscopy scheduled for Thursday. I have to have one done every year since a pre-cancerous mass was found in my colon when I was 30 (gosh, that seems so long ago!). Last year, the results came back with pre-cancerous cells, but I'm looking forward to a better prognosis this year! As for the lump under my arm, i'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Liam is here right now; stayed the night with me. He is learning so much. I am trying to teach him to count. He will repeat one, two, three, but when I say four, he yells "Five." It is so funny. I also taught him "I love you", but he repeats "I", then when I say "love" he yells, "You!". He is my heart and he is just what I needed to lift me up. Colt is still in Afghanistan, and when I told him Liam was my heart, Colt said, "So, I've been replaced." I told Colt that no one could ever replace him; it's just that he is too big for me to carry around! he laughed about that and said, "Yeah, I'm big enough to carry you around now!"

Well, it is official. Tarballs from the oil spill washed up on our local beaches yesterday. It is so sad. The waters are now all closed for fishing and they say the beaches will probably close sometime this week. I have written a book about the Mississippi 12 Days of Chistmas and it all the 12 days have something to do with our local seafood industry or marine birds and wildlife. I plan to get some pictures this week to finish illustrating the book. I am going to self-publish it and sell it at local gift shops and festivals. Now that the oil spill has happened, i plan to donate a part of the profits to saving the wildlife. No better time than now to do that!

love to all, julie

IF YOU HAVE REC'D YOUR BOXES & i DO NOT HAVE YOU MARKED PLEASE REMIND ME TO DO SO :)
THANK YOU FOR THE UP-DATE jULIE . & Good Luck With your Book So Sorry to hear of the OIl Spill Comming your way . Guess I pictured you living in NORTHERN MS & Not By The OCEAN .

well off to the gardens while it is cool :) you all have a great day .

KurlyGirl are you around??

Ocean Springs, MS

The beaches closed this afternoon.
http://www.sunherald.com/2010/06/28/2294620/ocean-springs-closes-front-beach.html
So sad. love, julie

Darn,, I was hoping they would get it clened up before it hit your area,,sigh.

Susie, My box to Kurlygirl was delivered today according to the post office. Hope she was home to get it.

Elfie

ok thank you for up-date Maybe she will be able to post today Can we get an up-date if the other boxes are going out this week or next ??

DEEJAY9------------
JANAESTONE--------
ELFS_GARDEN-----REC'D
IRISLUVR0252-----
FOTV------------
MILLWIG------REC'D
FROGGIES_GIRL-----REC'D
HAPPGARDEN------REC"D
KURLYGIRL-----------

Gibsonia, PA

Hi Gals,
I mailed my box today to Irisluvr0252. I hope she likes it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.