Photo by Melody

Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins: CLOSED: DD JUNE "NAME DROPPED SWAP " PART 2

Communities > Forums > Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins
bookmark
Forum: Group Trades, Swaps and Round RobinsReplies: 129, Views: 702
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

May 31, 2010
12:36 PM

Post #7846099

OK HERE IS WHO YOU WILL BE SENDINDING TO & ALL BOXES MUST BE MAILED BY JUNE 26 TH
AS FOR THE NAMED PLANT AS YOU ALL KNOW IT IS NOT GOING TO BE EASY.

So I Just ask that you try to find "ONE" Plant with any name on their list that they might have . then
you can send any other plant or plants that you would like to share . 3-4 plants is fine .

DEEJAY9------------ ELFS_GARDEN
JANAESTONE---------MILLWIG
ELFS_GARDEN------KURLYGIRL
IRISLUVR0252-------FROGGIS_GIRL
FOTV------------DEEJAY9
MILLWIG------IRISLUVR0252
FROGGIES_GIRL-------JANAESTONE
HAPPGARDEN-------FOTV
KURLYGIRL-----------HAPPGARDEN

Thumbnail by deejay9
Click the image for an enlarged view.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

May 31, 2010
12:48 PM

Post #7846140

saved we came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1096116/

DEEJAY9------------
JANAESTONE--------
ELFS_GARDEN-----REC'D
IRISLUVR0252-----
FOTV------------
MILLWIG------REC'D
FROGGIES_GIRL-----
HAPPGARDEN------REC"D
KURLYGIRL-----------

This message was edited Jun 17, 2010 5:03 PM

This message was edited Jun 20, 2010 9:40 PM

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

June 2, 2010
3:11 AM

Post #7850976

Got my name! Gonna have fun finding plants! love, julie

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 2, 2010
6:27 AM

Post #7851300

Hope your feeling better julie

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 18, 2010
4:38 AM

Post #7898745

Gm To all Well I have to leave here Soon today is the day I loose another body part :) But back later in the day
Hows THE Name Dropper Boxes Going ?? I Think Mine I Sent out Should arrive by today.

you all have a supper fine day . chat soon .
susie
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

June 18, 2010
1:47 PM

Post #7900323

Deejay-Susie: Hope everything went ok for you today and you will be up and about soon!
Elfs_Garden
( Kris) Smiths, AL
(Zone 8a)

June 18, 2010
3:03 PM

Post #7900601

I got a box from Suzie today. And as usual ity was packed to overflowing,, I got
1. Irish Elf Daylily
2. Flapper Don daylily
3. Baby Tiger paw daylily
4. Lullaby Baby daylly
5. Double Dixie daylily
6. Hosta "Francee"
7. Cutes litle watering Elf
8. 6 Zephyranthus Robustus bulbs

Such a wonderful box everything arrived in great shape and they are all sitting in the sink soaking up a little water before I plant them tomarrow. My camera is here somewhere and as soon as I find it I will send pics!!

THANK YOU AGAIN SUZIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope her surgery went well today. I might try to call her tomarrow and check on her.

I heard from my Mom today and she says dad is doing about the same. I have gotten everything packed and am just waiting to leave now.. I hate having to wait but the only way to get a decent price on a ticket was to wait 3 weeks,,sigh,, I cannot belive they wanted $900.00 for a ticket with only 2 day notice and $300. if you wait 3 weeks,, makes it really hard for people who need to get there faster,, but I guess that is when they make thier money.

I am hoping to try to go ahead and get my stuff mailed out before I leave. I mowed my nieghbors lawn for her and she said she will pay me this weekend so heres hoping she will. It should cover the shipping for the 3 swaps I am behind on,,, I already have the perfect plants!!!
I hope so cause it is making me nuts being late for this stuff...Laters

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 18, 2010
4:29 PM

Post #7900809

Evening ladies :)
well all went well I'm a Bit sore But Not really as Much as I Thought I would be . I Got Home about 4 Pm & have just been laying back My Brother Brought DINNER Over For daddy So I would not have to cook for him tonight . Margaret went to her daughters place in IND for the weekend so it is just daddy & Me . It Is Hotter then the dickens today , so was lucky I wasn't out in the gardens :)) .

the storms about to move in on us tonight so I need to get off here soon & just get my head uder cover :) I Don't mind the thunder it is the lighting I do not like .

Kris happy to hear it all arrived safely was beginning to worry in this heat when it comes to mailing plants .
well I'm sure I will feel more like chatting tomorrow still a little sleepy .
good nite all
susie

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

June 18, 2010
6:54 PM

Post #7901231

in case you're wondering why I've been MIA, look at what has been keeping me so busy!
My little Liam! I am so blessed to have him with me for the summer!
I hope to keep in touch more often.

Thumbnail by froggies_girl

millwig
Gibsonia, PA

June 20, 2010
6:29 PM

Post #7906273

Hello Everybody,
I wanted to share my box...JANAESTONE sent me a Delta Dawn Hosta...(can anyone say that without breaking into song?) Sister Theresa Astilbe (Daughter), a Mrs Eileen Dahlia (Mom), Lungwort that my 7 year old son adopted and put in his garden and a Bergenia Hybrid-Pink Dragonfly. Everything looks so great and I can expand the yard with much needed new plants. Thank you again Di this has been really fun. Take care.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 20, 2010
7:40 PM

Post #7906459

VERY NICE BOX MILL THANK YOU FOR POSTING . OOps Sorry for the caps .
susie
Elfs_Garden
( Kris) Smiths, AL
(Zone 8a)

June 23, 2010
12:55 PM

Post #7913995

Ok,, lots of pics here
All from our hostess with the mostest Susie!!!!

Thumbnail by Elfs_Garden

Elfs_Garden
( Kris) Smiths, AL
(Zone 8a)

June 23, 2010
12:57 PM

Post #7914006

2nd pic

Thumbnail by Elfs_Garden

Elfs_Garden
( Kris) Smiths, AL
(Zone 8a)

June 23, 2010
12:58 PM

Post #7914010

3rd pic

Thumbnail by Elfs_Garden

Elfs_Garden
( Kris) Smiths, AL
(Zone 8a)

June 23, 2010
12:59 PM

Post #7914012

# 4

Thumbnail by Elfs_Garden

Elfs_Garden
( Kris) Smiths, AL
(Zone 8a)

June 23, 2010
1:00 PM

Post #7914015

Thumbnail by Elfs_Garden

Elfs_Garden
( Kris) Smiths, AL
(Zone 8a)

June 23, 2010
1:01 PM

Post #7914017

Thumbnail by Elfs_Garden

Elfs_Garden
( Kris) Smiths, AL
(Zone 8a)

June 23, 2010
1:03 PM

Post #7914023

#7 Elfie pot waterer..lol I love it. There was also a Francee Hosta, and stickers. The hostas is the only one I forgot to get pics of,,sorry Susie. But it is planted in its new home and I really, really really love everything you sent!!! Thank you again!!

Thumbnail by Elfs_Garden

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 23, 2010
6:50 PM

Post #7914999

kRIS WAS #6 THE bULBS & THEY ARE UP ALREADY ???
GLAD YOU LIKE
Elfs_Garden
( Kris) Smiths, AL
(Zone 8a)

June 23, 2010
7:31 PM

Post #7915151

Yes!! and they are growing like CRAZY!!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 23, 2010
8:30 PM

Post #7915276

hope they bloom for you witch ones did I send you ?? I think they might be this one mine bloomed within 3wks after I planted them into these pots & are all done blooming .

Thumbnail by deejay9

Elfs_Garden
( Kris) Smiths, AL
(Zone 8a)

June 24, 2010
2:24 AM

Post #7915642

Zephyranthes robusta
Argentine Rain Lily, Rainlily

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 24, 2010
4:06 AM

Post #7915713

yep that is what they are & they should grow well down your way they have to be lifted here but i'm going to leave a few in the ground to see what they will do under Mulch for my glads all stay in the ground all winter. they don't bloom very long .

well i hope to get out in the garden for awhile today been lazy all week :)
here is one of my orientals lilies that opened yesterday .
DBL SENSATION DBL

Thumbnail by deejay9

irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

June 24, 2010
7:45 AM

Post #7916161

The box to my partner is on its way! Hopefully will be received on Saturday!

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

June 25, 2010
6:06 AM

Post #7919025

To my partner, I will be sending yours on Saturday.

Wow! Everyone is getting such beautifully named plants.

Our little poodle died yesterday! Was a very hard, tearful day for all of us. I got up this morning and missed hearing him scratching out the door to go outside! Our other poodle is so sad. He knows that Ellarry is gone.

I have been so busy with Liam and trying to get things done in my yard that I am exhausted by the time I finally sit down at night. I am going to try to get online more. I miss all of you and the chatting. I need some friendship very badly right now. Well, I need it all the time! LOL

love to all, julie

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 25, 2010
9:57 AM

Post #7919620

well then get youself in here more & tell us what you want to chat about I think we all could use some chatter it has
been quiet in here .

hugs to ya girl.

susie

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 26, 2010
4:54 PM

Post #7923166

Good Evening All Just wanted to up-date this tread sorry I have been away from it for a few days .

DEEJAY9------------
JANAESTONE--------
ELFS_GARDEN-----REC'D
IRISLUVR0252-----
FOTV------------
MILLWIG------REC'D
FROGGIES_GIRL-----
HAPPGARDEN------REC"D
KURLYGIRL-----------

if you have rec'e your box & I Missed your post please let me know . we should have all boxes out by MOnday June 28th , So That they do not get stuck in the post office over the 4 th of july weekend .

HAPPY GARDENING ALL
susie

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

June 27, 2010
4:27 AM

Post #7924133

Deejay, mark me as received!

I got the most beautiful box of daylilies and an Elijah Blue Fescue Grass yesterday, sent to me from Irisluvr0252! The daylilies are
Baby Julia (my mom's name)
Annie Go Lightly (my middle name, my daughter's middle name Anne, and my youngest daughter is Journee Anjulie)
Colt (my oldest son)
Elijah (my youngest son)

My 12-year-old Chase wants a blue garden and wanted some Blue Fescue Grass, so it was the perfect choice for him! So, irisluvr0252, you really knew what to choose for us to make the swap so very, very special! It includes something for me and my 5 children! Thank you for being so generous and thoughtful!

Love to all, julie

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

June 27, 2010
4:27 AM

Post #7924134

Wanted to post this separately.

Ellarry was my oldest daughter's poodle. He was 5 years old. She got him right after my dad passed away and named him Ellarry after my dad (Eldon Larry). (Destiny was very close to my dad since I lived at home when I had her and he always spoiled her rotten. When he passed, she told me that she felt like she had lost her daddy, too). She was so devastated about Ellarry that she wanted another poodle to love to help ease the pain. Of course, no dog can ever take Ellarry's place, but the new puppy keeps her busy and helps her cope.
Now here's the clincher! We called about several offers in the newspaper Thursday and they were either gone or out of her price range. So, Friday morning we started going to pet stores and vet's offices looking for ads for poodles. I stopped to buy a paper and there were some mini poodles for sale in her price range. She called and we went to look at them. One came to her immediately and would not let her put him down. If she tried, he would whimper. So, she bought him. On the way home, she decided to name him Landon (once again combining my dad's name Eldon Larry). He is 11 weeks old and she looked on the paperwork to see when he was born. Ok, are you ready for this? He was born April 2, on my dad's birthday! God allowed my dad to lead us to the most perfect puppy, born on my dad's birthday and so special to help us cope with Ellarry's passing. Oh, my, how God works in mysterious ways!

Well, I hope you all have a great day. God bless,
love, julie
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

June 27, 2010
6:07 AM

Post #7924320

OH! She and that puppy will be inseparable! They have a bond that will be thicker than glue! Yes, God truly does work in mysterious ways. I am a firm believer that no matter what happens, happens for a reason. It is not ours to understand but to have faith, trust and believe.

Congratulations on the new addition to the family!

I'm happy you like the choices...I had a lot of fun looking for them. I already had a couple but wanted a couple more so my hubby and I took a drive to the Daylily Farm in Rensselaer IN and went through their books on the daylilies. They even got in on the search! We picked out plants (which were very large and we BOTH got to have some), they dug them and afterwards we went to Fair Oakes Dairy just on up the interstate and had fresh made ice cream and bought cheese made at the dairy. If you get a chance, google the dairy and check it out. A lot of schools take the classes on field trips to the dairy.

I really like the Daylily Farm. It is the only place I know that also gives you an index card with all of the information about that daylily. I have a photo album that has the pages with 2 4X6 inserts (one on top and one on the bottom). I have a photo of the daylily on top and the card below. Of course I'm not sure what I will do when I can no longer find those extra pages to add! Guess I'll just have to scan the cards and make my own on the computer! I need to go back next weekend to "just take pictures". The place is awesome with all the daylilies in bloom and that should be peak (if it hasn't peaked this weekend/week).

Have a wonderful day everyone! My hubby is building me a trellis today for my clematis so I need to go 'supervise' as he put it.

Debbie

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 27, 2010
6:41 AM

Post #7924393

WOW Very Very Nice Daylies & All & I Agree your DD Will Be INSEPARABLE From Her New DOGGIE :)
Well No Storms hit us yesterday as they say but we are getting them this morning need the rain just not all the lighting & Bangs :))

DEEJAY9------------
JANAESTONE--------
ELFS_GARDEN-----REC'D
IRISLUVR0252-----
FOTV------------
MILLWIG------REC'D
FROGGIES_GIRL-----REC'D
HAPPGARDEN------REC"D
KURLYGIRL-----------

MY Friend & Neighbor called me at 5am to take her to the ER So I Did & I Just went back to pick her up & bring her home she bought Us Breakfast at MC D"S Well Want To See Who Got the TOY :)

she likes the bag :) WELL I Have to go check on Daddy He woke will pains in his left hip this morning
so I hope he don't take a tumble today . My Brother Jim is comming to take care of daddy so i can get out for the day so you have a great day back later .

susie

Thumbnail by deejay9

millwig
Gibsonia, PA

June 27, 2010
4:15 PM

Post #7925637

Hello Everyone,
nice chatter about the pets but I just came of a double shift weekend at a kennel...My own dog & cat will have to wait til tomorrow to be spoiled, I'm wore out. I havent sent my box yet, sorry Deb. I'm waiting on an item. Did anyone else have trouble locating or getting what they wanted shipped now? (some DG's wouldnt even reply back) But I am hopeful to have the box sent and rec'd by the end of the week. I hope thats okay.
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

June 27, 2010
5:17 PM

Post #7925772

No problem here! Whenever you have time to send is fine with me!

Debbie

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

June 28, 2010
4:18 AM

Post #7926703

I, too, had trouble locating things locally, so I ordered online. My buddy will be getting her box sometime later this week or first of next week. Actually, she'll be getting 2 boxes- one from me and one from the company I ordered from!

Thank you all for the wonderful support for us about Ellary. I just know that he is in Heaven sitting in my Daddy's lap and they are both enjoying eternity together.

Bless you all!

I have two things going on this week. I have an appt. with my doctor Wednesday morning to check the lump under my arm. Then I have a colonoscopy scheduled for Thursday. I have to have one done every year since a pre-cancerous mass was found in my colon when I was 30 (gosh, that seems so long ago!). Last year, the results came back with pre-cancerous cells, but I'm looking forward to a better prognosis this year! As for the lump under my arm, i'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Liam is here right now; stayed the night with me. He is learning so much. I am trying to teach him to count. He will repeat one, two, three, but when I say four, he yells "Five." It is so funny. I also taught him "I love you", but he repeats "I", then when I say "love" he yells, "You!". He is my heart and he is just what I needed to lift me up. Colt is still in Afghanistan, and when I told him Liam was my heart, Colt said, "So, I've been replaced." I told Colt that no one could ever replace him; it's just that he is too big for me to carry around! he laughed about that and said, "Yeah, I'm big enough to carry you around now!"

Well, it is official. Tarballs from the oil spill washed up on our local beaches yesterday. It is so sad. The waters are now all closed for fishing and they say the beaches will probably close sometime this week. I have written a book about the Mississippi 12 Days of Chistmas and it all the 12 days have something to do with our local seafood industry or marine birds and wildlife. I plan to get some pictures this week to finish illustrating the book. I am going to self-publish it and sell it at local gift shops and festivals. Now that the oil spill has happened, i plan to donate a part of the profits to saving the wildlife. No better time than now to do that!

love to all, julie

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 28, 2010
4:47 AM

Post #7926752

IF YOU HAVE REC'D YOUR BOXES & i DO NOT HAVE YOU MARKED PLEASE REMIND ME TO DO SO :)
THANK YOU FOR THE UP-DATE jULIE . & Good Luck With your Book So Sorry to hear of the OIl Spill Comming your way . Guess I pictured you living in NORTHERN MS & Not By The OCEAN .

well off to the gardens while it is cool :) you all have a great day .
Elfs_Garden
( Kris) Smiths, AL
(Zone 8a)

June 28, 2010
9:17 AM

Post #7927467

KurlyGirl are you around??

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

June 28, 2010
3:18 PM

Post #7928446

The beaches closed this afternoon.
http://www.sunherald.com/2010/06/28/2294620/ocean-springs-closes-front-beach.html
So sad. love, julie
Elfs_Garden
( Kris) Smiths, AL
(Zone 8a)

June 28, 2010
7:44 PM

Post #7929231

Darn,, I was hoping they would get it clened up before it hit your area,,sigh.

Susie, My box to Kurlygirl was delivered today according to the post office. Hope she was home to get it.

Elfie

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 29, 2010
3:40 AM

Post #7929623

ok thank you for up-date Maybe she will be able to post today Can we get an up-date if the other boxes are going out this week or next ??

DEEJAY9------------
JANAESTONE--------
ELFS_GARDEN-----REC'D
IRISLUVR0252-----
FOTV------------
MILLWIG------REC'D
FROGGIES_GIRL-----REC'D
HAPPGARDEN------REC"D
KURLYGIRL-----------
millwig
Gibsonia, PA

June 29, 2010
7:55 AM

Post #7930167

Hi Gals,
I mailed my box today to Irisluvr0252. I hope she likes it.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 29, 2010
8:05 AM

Post #7930186

thank you Mill For the up-date
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

June 29, 2010
11:55 AM

Post #7930692

I am mailing fotv's package today, when I get released... :D

Had a couple of delays and set backs. Amazing how something so simple gets so complicated...but hopefully they will ride the cooler weather we are having here to VA...

Here is one of the dayliles I bought.
Looks like an orchid almost, I can't remember the name, surprise surprise...

Thumbnail by happgarden

irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

June 29, 2010
12:57 PM

Post #7930789

I'm sure I will like whatever is in the box! Will be watching my front porch starting tomorrow!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 29, 2010
3:04 PM

Post #7931053

thanks for up-date Joyce Really pretty .

susie
kurlygirl
Mattoon, IL
(Zone 5b)

June 29, 2010
6:10 PM

Post #7931524

Elf,
I did receive my box yesterday and it is so wonderful! Thank you so much! I've been away from my computer; sorry I didn't post last night.

Pictured here are:
Clematis 'Prince Charles' (My dog Charlie) (I have wanted a clematis for a very long time, but didn't have it on my list, so I'm thrilled with this)
Mexican Heather (me :)

Do you think I could grow the Mexican Heather in a container?

Stay tuned for the next one...

This message was edited Jun 29, 2010 7:20 PM

Thumbnail by kurlygirl

kurlygirl
Mattoon, IL
(Zone 5b)

June 29, 2010
6:12 PM

Post #7931532

Next is:
Camanula 'Samantha' (My daughter)

Thumbnail by kurlygirl

kurlygirl
Mattoon, IL
(Zone 5b)

June 29, 2010
6:12 PM

Post #7931535

Geranium Sanguineum 'Max Frei' (For my dog Maxi that passed away - I wanted something to remember her by, this is perfect)

Thumbnail by kurlygirl

kurlygirl
Mattoon, IL
(Zone 5b)

June 29, 2010
6:15 PM

Post #7931544

And finally, my favorite.

Juncus Effusus 'Spiral Rush' (something curly)

And this is what my hair looks like on a windy day!!!!

Thank you so much Elf! I couldn't be more pleased. What fun this has been!

Thumbnail by kurlygirl

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 29, 2010
6:46 PM

Post #7931639

very very nice kurly :))

Hey elf where did you find the Camanula 'Samantha' I would love one where can I order it ???

FRUIT :: Are you still with us ?????
Elfs_Garden
( Kris) Smiths, AL
(Zone 8a)

June 29, 2010
8:30 PM

Post #7931910

Check here Susie:
http://www.forestfarm.com/product.php?id=966

Kurlygirl,
I am so glad you like your plants. I had a very nice person help me with getting them all for you ( She knows who she is!!) and I needed the help with all that is going on in my life right now. I just want everything to get back to normal. I would think you could grow the heather in a container. I am not very familiar with how that grows. Does anyone else here grow this plant? I do know that the curly Rush plants likes to have its feet wet all summer and then move it to warmer place come winter. I put mine in a tub of water in the house and keep it potted up next to the pond. It looks so cool next to the fish pond.

Huggs
Elfie

This message was edited Jun 29, 2010 9:35 PM
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

June 30, 2010
6:43 AM

Post #7932518

Package was mailed yesterday.
Just nice plants for your garden curlygirl!
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

June 30, 2010
7:15 AM

Post #7932619

We grow Mexican Heather in the ground or in a container. It is an annual here in my zone (which I believe we are the same) so if you plant it in the ground, you will need to take it up in the fall and pot it up to try to keep it for the winter. It works well in containers also and you won't have to pot it up later before frost.

Debbie
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 1, 2010
5:51 AM

Post #7935035

I'm here! Sorry I totally lost this thread, TY for the reminder, Susie. And you know I'm a tad late with your box. We are starting to get a few cooler days and hope I can get out there and dig your plants this week-end. It feels amazing now than the past month when almost every day pushed 100 degrees and seemed like 300% humidity. Ahhh, today's high is only 85, might need a sweater...lol

Nice plants everyone. Am thinking about you, froggies & Elfie!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 1, 2010
8:05 AM

Post #7935356

Thats ok susan I figure you lost us will share a few garden shots today back soon

this is pink super spider

Thumbnail by deejay9

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 1, 2010
5:12 PM

Post #7936387

I'd like to share a couple too. Here's my small butterfly garden started last year. See the "welcome" sign you gave me for my B-day, Susie?

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 1, 2010
5:15 PM

Post #7936395

Daylily "Pumpkin Kid" with a pretty eye-zone, also from you.

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 1, 2010
5:19 PM

Post #7936402

Shasta Daisy from happgarden last year is flourishing...

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 1, 2010
5:24 PM

Post #7936406

Daylily "Frank Gladney"

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 1, 2010
5:27 PM

Post #7936416

Two more daylilies...

"Peacock Maiden" and "Wind Frills"

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 1, 2010
5:28 PM

Post #7936417

Last one tonight is Coreopsis "Red Shift".

irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

July 1, 2010
8:14 PM

Post #7936783

Got my box from millwig today! Great job! In the box was Monarda - Jacob Cline (Jake is my grandson and believe it or not, Cline is the last name of one of my ancestors! I do genealogy also); Lilium - Debbie (ME!) and one I will cherish for a long time - TB Iris Queen Dorothy (my mom who recently passed away).

Thanks so very much for everything! I already soaked the iris in some water to rehydrate and have potted it until I find the special place to plant it.

Debbie

Thumbnail by irisluvr0252

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

July 1, 2010
9:59 PM

Post #7936933

Beautiful pics fotv. Can;t tell by your flowers that it has been so terrible hot at your house, cause they look beautiful.

irisluvr, what nice plants you got with wonderful names. My Mom gave me a concrete frog that is really old and I have been planted flowers with her name around them. Now I think I will do a family garden and find more plants with my realives names on them.

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

July 2, 2010
8:08 AM

Post #7937702

Update: lump under my arm was a swollen lymph node. Doc put me on antibiotics.

Colonoscopy: only one polyp that she burned- so I am back in business today planting and such!

Dyed my hair dark red. And look at my surprise:

Yes, I got a new tattoo! It is a rosary that is attached to a tattoo I had done years ago! The cross symbolizes my belief in my Savior; the butterfly symbolizes my transformation from the timid wife to the strong person I am now; and the Ecc. 3:1 is my favorite Bible verse because there is a time for everything, but it is in God's time! Just have to rely on Him and He will carry us through everything!
I love you all.
God bless, julie

Thumbnail by froggies_girl

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

July 2, 2010
9:33 AM

Post #7937923

Congrats, on all of the good news, I know not knowing can be so terrifying! Tatoo is cool, but I still say OUCH! LOL
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

July 2, 2010
10:37 AM

Post #7938075

Woo Hoo! Great News! Nice tat!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 2, 2010
5:22 PM

Post #7938805

Froggies, those are both great dr's reports. I'm so proud of you, and you should be proud of yourself & the metamorphosis you've come through the last few months :)

Today I rec'd the most incredible box of "name dropper" plants from happgarden.

IRIS Gail Ellen in memory of TWO of my best friends. Talk about getting goosebumps.
Then there was MUM Helen for one of my SIL's middle names and DH's favorite Aunt, it's an old family name that's been passed down for generations.
Now the three DAYLILY names hit me like a ton of bricks, each with bittersweet memories and meanings behind each one.
"Little Dolly" in memory of one of my favorite Aunts who tried to teach me to tat when I was a wee little thing. Never caught on to tatting but I still have that shuttle in my shadowbox.
"Mary Helen Jarrell" for my Spider Garden! Mary was another favorite Aunt who always let me spend at least two weeks with her every Summer. She had the most beautiful old-fashioned cut-flower gardens and filled every room of her home with vases of them, even her bathrooms. Course everybody in those days grew extra-large veggie gardens to "put up" for the Winter, so I had to earn my keep by helping her pick, can, and freeze. I'll never forget the year I turned 16 when she let me drink a glass (or two) of her homemade blackberry wine and said it was our secret...LOL
And "Smoky Mountain Autumn" So appropriate since we live in the mountains. Here's the kicker you didn't know, happ. My deceased Mother was born in The Great Smoky Mountains. This one really got to me and brought tears to my eyes.

I'm so touched far more than I can ever express in words, and want you to know the plants you shared will be loved and cherished :)

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 2, 2010
5:40 PM

Post #7938833

Wow very very nice Box ladies Just got home from the ER :( Nothing Broken But I'm Pretty Buzzed & Brused
& sore will tell you all about tomorrow right now I got to lay back with my ice packs .
good night all .
susie
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 2, 2010
6:20 PM

Post #7938923

I'm so sorry, Susie. It sounds like you might have had a nasty fall? Take care :)

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

July 2, 2010
10:07 PM

Post #7939437

Susie the Olympics are over so if you are trying for the gymnastics team, better ought to stop that! Hope you are ok.

FOTV, sorry for the box being late, but I had to wait to go to the daylily farm and then had to wait for him to dig so I had a few set backs between rain stopping me from going, and then waiting on the dig. They look like they made it in pretty good shape...that always makes me feel better. No I didn't know about your Mom being born in the Smokey Mtns, that was a last minute thought and it just seemed right to get it for you, which is kind of odd now that I know the whole story. I thought I was all done and went back and got that one special... I have two mums called Helen now and two different colors. I got one from my swap buddy and then I sent you a start of the one I had purchased 4 times before I got it to make it thru our winters...LOL Enjoy and I know you will take good care of them.

The card was made by a DG'er, ImaMes (gotta love her dg name..LOL) down in southern Missouri, she makes great cards, only problem is I hate writing on them...LOL

Just wanted to say "little dolly" is a very small daylily, (I didn't know they had such things) only reaching 10 inches tall, fragrant blooms midseason and a rebloomer and the bloom is only 1 1/2 inches, so she is an itty bitty.

This message was edited Jul 2, 2010 11:30 PM

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 3, 2010
9:10 AM

Post #7940294

Gm All Yes I Took A Tumble But Nothing Broken But my pride & Another cracked Rib & Couple of cuts Not big but bled like stuff pig Excuse the Pun For I'm On Coumadine Ya Know .

Only Hurts when I bend over or lift anything so just going to Take a few days Off :)
was taken Treats out to the critters & Missed the last step on my deck & took a tumble.
thought i broken my tail bone & My ribs could not get up so margaret called my brother & he took me in.

He had not lifted me since I was a wee little girl & said I had put on a few pounds :) hehe Ya think .
but all is well Just have to learn to count the steps when I'm carring things :)

I Have a few Very small DAYLILIES I Have ITTY BITTY , Pennie EARNED , Penny 's WORTH, raspberry pixie's .
& A Couple Others that The tags are gone . well going to lay back & Enjoy a movie this afternoon .
have a safe & Fun weekend
here is RASPBERRY PIXIE:S

Thumbnail by deejay9

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

July 3, 2010
10:00 AM

Post #7940373

Glad you are ok. I have missed those last steps before and it can get quite exciting. I will tell you the story of my DH putting pledge on our hardwood stairs sometime...

So I didn't know there were itty bitty daylilies, and apparently I have one, and for the life of me could not get that daylily to grown big like the ones around it, for years I fed it, top dressed it, you name it...even to the point of transplanting it thinking there was something wrong with the soil...rofl...shouldn't tell those stories...but I was so shocked the other day...

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 3, 2010
1:02 PM

Post #7940696

YEP i lIKE THE ITTY BITTY 'S :)
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

July 3, 2010
1:53 PM

Post #7940787

I am undecided at this point, I love the big spiders, and the really big blooms, so the little ones are new.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 3, 2010
2:28 PM

Post #7940837

Have you any pictures of the best BLOOMS So Far ????

PEACOCK MAIDEN WAS ONE OF MINE

Thumbnail by deejay9

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 3, 2010
8:34 PM

Post #7941518

I'm so glad you're alright too, Susie!

PEACOCK MAIDEN was pretty for me too and so was WIND FRILLS.

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

July 3, 2010
9:33 PM

Post #7941691

I like this daylily, have to look up the name.

Thumbnail by happgarden

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 4, 2010
3:46 AM

Post #7941952

Gm to all
guess Someone up above was watching over me when i took the plunge for it could have been much worse .
I can move around a little better this morning but when will I learn to Buy Slipon shoes & Not the ones with ties .RRRRRR. wait till all you young chicks get my age :) & Have to write notes to yourself to remind you of what you need or want , running out of sticky notes .

Joyce That is a beauty Name or not :)
Not much planned for today my Brother Jim & His wife & also my 2 sisters will be here about 10am we are fixing a brunch
for all of us to spend time with daddy , I'm going to try my hand at fixing shrimp & Grits for something new to try :)
so i have to get myself around but still have to go read my mail :) hehe you all have a great day & Keep the pictures coming .

Here is my wild horses I Rec'd from NYVOISES99 a couple years back :)

Thumbnail by deejay9

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

July 4, 2010
5:28 AM

Post #7942059

fotv, those two are really pretty together.

deejay, were you really up at 4:30am? Heavens you will starve to death by 10 and brunch...LOL

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 4, 2010
5:39 AM

Post #7942082

NO WAY DG Time clocks are way off i was up at 6 am it is 8:37 am now :) hehe & i see they must have it fixed .
this is dbl bold one

Thumbnail by deejay9

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

July 4, 2010
6:35 AM

Post #7942175

dg is off for sure cause I wasn't up at 6 either...LOL more like 7:30am.
deejay I was going send you a donut to tied you over until 10 if you had posted at 4am...rofl

Jury is out on the new camera, I can't quite figure out sometimes it bleaches the pictures out, or maybe it is me (LOL) need to figure it out.

Here is El Desperado (which I borrowed from the internet).

Thumbnail by happgarden

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

July 4, 2010
6:39 AM

Post #7942183

Now granted my blooms aren't all the way open, but it is a very dark and cloudy day.

Editted to say my daylily is the color of the one picture borrowed off of the internet.

This message was edited Jul 4, 2010 7:40 AM

Thumbnail by happgarden

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 4, 2010
6:47 AM

Post #7942197

this is Piano Man .
Jim is on his way not much longer now & I Am Hungry :) You all have a great day will try to get back later this evening BINGO This Afternoon Cannot Miss it But Sure going to take my Cushion :)))

Thumbnail by deejay9

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 4, 2010
6:49 AM

Post #7942201

Oh Just in case you wonder about the white STUFF IT IS NOT SNOW :) HehE
I had to sweeten the ground with some lime The rain this week will Put it down into the ground :)
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

July 4, 2010
7:28 AM

Post #7942282

Does lime help your daylilies? I am horrible about not doing anything to the soi.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 4, 2010
11:57 AM

Post #7942863

WELL GOT TO BINGO IT WAS SO SO SO HOT Their air condictionary was broken & So I came home I could hardly breathe in there .
Joyce I Don't know how good it is for the daylilies I do Know it has not hurt mine any as of yet . But it will sweeten
the ground , I Have Clay ground & I Notice when I throw LIME Down & Also Scatter SPagrum Moss Spelling not the greatest today , My Ground is not as hard around the plants & They seem to do better .

i bought a cheap $6.soil tester & & now i know when & where to add the lime , & Manure :)
well guess i will lay back with a movie .

susie
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

July 4, 2010
5:26 PM

Post #7943409

Raining here, I feel sorry for the kiddos. No fireworks tonight unless everyone stays in the car. The air is dead and the humidity is AWFUL!

We know how to celebrate, went to the grocery store and spent a fortune and that has been it...
Hope everyone else is having a good time.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 4, 2010
5:49 PM

Post #7943469

The "powers that be" moved the big fireworks display to another part of the lake. We only live a mile from the water and all us neighbors used to pile in our vehicles for the short trek after our cook-out and horseshoe toss. The big whoop of professional fireworks was last night and a few smaller shows are tonight. Hubby sat on the porch last night and said he didn't hear the first 'boom' or see any bursts in the sky. I told him he should have gone up on the roof...lol That's what we used to do and it was so much fun before the trees got so tall.

Daylily "Black-Eyed Susan"

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 4, 2010
5:50 PM

Post #7943472

Daylily "Little Fruit Cup"

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 4, 2010
5:52 PM

Post #7943481

Last one tonight...Daylily "War March"

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 4, 2010
6:38 PM

Post #7943557

Going to lay right back on my bed & watch them right out my widow . our park about 2 mis north of me has them every year & I Could go out on my deck but the sketters would carry me off .
so I will just lay on my bed & watch out the window :) Don't never hear the bangs but sure can see the sparkles :)))

its been 91 today but felt like 100* temp has gone done just a tad to 85* .
happ sure hope we get some of that rain they are calling for isolate t-storms for the next 3 days i think .
sure could use it :) .

susan lots of blooms yet Hun :)) ?? Don't ya just look forward to go into the garden every morning to see what is open :))) ??? well my hip says lay back .
OH Happ You All Can Watch the FIREWORKS ON TV 10 O:clock News Or CNN They all Put on a few displays :)))) .

well good night all

susie
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 4, 2010
7:23 PM

Post #7943650

I sure do, Susie, and enjoy taking a stroll every morning and evening to see what's blooming and think of all of you who have shared so many plants and beautiful blooms with me :) Those are the most special ones. We enjoyed a break from the heat and humidity Thursday & Friday, and were actually able to turn off our A/C Friday night and open the windows for a breath of fresh air, but we're back to the high-90's again and next week looks like it'll be hot enough to fry an egg on the sidewalk.
Send us some rain too, happ!

Edited to say...Hope you all enjoyed Independence Day and thought of our troops keeping us safe.

This message was edited Jul 4, 2010 9:24 PM

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

July 4, 2010
8:01 PM

Post #7943731

I SALUTE ALL OUR TROOPS, and their families for all they go thru!!!!!

fotv, I sent ya some cooler air, so I ought to be able to send ya some rain. They are predicting rain for the next 4 days thanks to the hurricane...we needed it but sure wish it would of waited tell after the fireworks. After all the rain in the spring the ground was cracked and I couldn't even dig a hole! Course 4 days will be a little much.

Check out these two daylilies, they are so close but if you look really close you can see the differences
Red Volunteer

Thumbnail by happgarden

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

July 4, 2010
8:02 PM

Post #7943733

Here is the other.

Pardon Me

Editted to say, they are redder...not sure about my new camera, it has a tendency to bleach out the color a little.

This message was edited Jul 4, 2010 9:04 PM

Thumbnail by happgarden

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 6, 2010
2:45 PM

Post #7947915

Oh thank you, happ! Looks like you're sending a reprive from our triple-digit temps to cooler ones in the mid-80's by this week-end, and then there's just a slight chance of rain we need so badly and are already 4" below norm. Don't ya just love new gadgets...lol See if you can tweek the contrast on your new camera? I think that's the right button. Those are both such pretty D/L's to show a patriotic touch. I'm growing those too, got Pardon Me last year at the nursery and it's a small wonder of a workhorse! Just sorry the deer nipped off every bud of my new Red Volunteer a day or two before they flushed. Dang critters!

RUBY GOBLET

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 6, 2010
2:48 PM

Post #7947920

PARDON ME -- does this look like yours?

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 6, 2010
2:50 PM

Post #7947925

JAMES MONROE from a trade last year look similar to...

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 6, 2010
2:53 PM

Post #7947939

HIGHLAND LORD

I guess there's a lot more difference than the colors, like bud count, DIP or TEP, fertility etc. but I'm not that advance to know yet or care...lol Just rocking along enjoying the blooms :)

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 6, 2010
5:52 PM

Post #7948347

SUSAN I Have Highland lord just opening up should maybe Bloom tomorrow & I will snap a picture but yes it dose look like mine .
my pardon me is not open yet but I Found a chinesse Temple flower that had your name on it did i or did i not put one in your spring box ???? .

here is a semi DBL & I don't have the name for it . But it is prettier up close :)

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 6, 2010
6:20 PM

Post #7948480

Nope, Susie, I don't have Chinese Temple Flower or many purple ones. I think it's interesting to see how the same blooms look in different regions of the country, looking forward to see your Highland Lord.

MAGNIFICENT RAINBOW...my first bloom last week, also from a trade last year.

This message was edited Jul 7, 2010 12:05 AM

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 6, 2010
6:33 PM

Post #7948508

This one's PARIS OVERTURE that first bloomed July 2nd. It's another one I bought late last year. Nothing really fancy but it does have rich colored lavender petals with slightly ruffled edges.

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 6, 2010
6:45 PM

Post #7948522

I Priority mailed your box of plants today, Susie, and expect you'll receive them Friday. Thank you for waiting & for understanding how horribly hot it's been here to dig and mail plants. If any I sent you don't survive the trip or heat, I'll make it up to you when we cool down.

Last one tonight is LAVENDER STARDUST that first bloomed last week too.

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

July 6, 2010
7:09 PM

Post #7948581

fotv, when we went to Colliers he talked until I thought I was going to scream, we were in his un-airconditioned garage with the door down, it was 95+ degrees and humidity out of this world. He had a fan blowing but there were 4 of us in there and I am claustrophopic and was about to lose it, but once we got out in the garden he was telling us the differences between the flowers, and altho alot looked similiar when you looked really close you could see the throat of one being smaller, larger, different color (maybe green another maybe yellow), petal thickness (some were as thick as card board) different color, edging, no edging and so much more. I don't know how anyone can id a daylily now. There are just soooo many hybrids and so little difference in some.
Also he was stressing over and over about the scapes and what a difference they would make and that some scapes would produce an identical plant to the Mom. Here is another interesting article on the scapes and how to start new daylilies.
http://www.landspro.com/forums/showthread.php?550-STOP!-Don-t-throw-away-those-Daylily-Scapes-there-are-babies-in-there!

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 6, 2010
8:27 PM

Post #7948756

That sounds absolutely miserable, happ. How did you ever stand that kind of heat and confinement? Are you sure you weren't in our garage today? LOL It was just miserable in there topping the scale at 105 even with an industrial fan blowing on high and the doors open. Guess it's a good thing it was only 99 on our shaded porch with the ceiling fans going. I'm claustrophobic too but just in tunnels as far as I know. I wouldn't know the names of D/L either if they weren't tagged and some of my prettiest ones rec'd last year for postage are NOID's. That's a great article by the way. When I invited my MIL for a visit last month to see my Daylilies at the height of their bloom time, she said "I know what those orange things look like, I have them too." LOL...So I shut my mouth.

NOID --- If anybody recognizes this one, please let me know.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 7, 2010
4:13 AM

Post #7949114

GM My Friends :))) Susan It Has also been very Hot & Humid here & So I'm In No Rush for plants at this time but when they arrive I will be sure to Have them a Stiff Drink of MIRAGRO READY For them or THRIVE :)
They will need it here right now . My Glay Is Crackling .

& As soon as it cools off for us I will send the CTF to you .

I have trully lost track of who has rec'd or not so please if you have rec'd & I do not have you marked let me know ok .
well i'm off to look over the gardens then off to town to pick up critter food . you all have a great day .

susie

DEEJAY9------------enroute
JANAESTONE--------
ELFS_GARDEN-----REC'D
IRISLUVR0252-----
FOTV------------
MILLWIG------REC'D
FROGGIES_GIRL-----REC'D
HAPPGARDEN------REC"D
KURLYGIRL-----------
kurlygirl
Mattoon, IL
(Zone 5b)

July 7, 2010
4:30 AM

Post #7949132

Please mark me as received. :)
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

July 7, 2010
6:41 AM

Post #7949332

Received from millwig on July 1st. Thanks!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 7, 2010
8:54 AM

Post #7949656

tHANK YOU LADIES & i'M SORRY FOR GETTING BEHIND ON THEM . HOPE EVERYONE IS STAYING COOL .
DRINK LOTSA WATER :)

WELL I HAVE ANOTHER PROJECT FOR MY bROTHER TO DO FOR ME BACK LATER WITH PIC'S & DETAILS :)

SUSIE

JANAESTONE--------
ELFS_GARDEN-----REC'D
IRISLUVR0252-----REC'D
FOTV------------
MILLWIG------REC'D
FROGGIES_GIRL-----REC'D
HAPPGARDEN------REC"D
KURLYGIRL-----------REC'D
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 7, 2010
3:06 PM

Post #7950542

I rec'd my awesome plants from happgarden last week. Please mark me rec'd anytime it's convenient for you, Susie. TY

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 7, 2010
7:41 PM

Post #7951223

OK SUSAN I THOUGHT YOU HAD , Has anyone been in touch with janastone ??? I've not seen her post in long while hope she is ok .

JANAESTONE--------
ELFS_GARDEN-----REC'D
IRISLUVR0252-----REC'D
FOTV------------REC'D
MILLWIG------REC'D
FROGGIES_GIRL-----REC'D
HAPPGARDEN------REC"D

ok got a before & After picture for you all .

& Let me just say I have an awesome neighbor He was a southern Gentleman for sure , He saw me out in the hot sun trying to roll the plants off my trailer to start my New Project Just wanted everthing ready for when My brother could find time for me this weekend .

well my neighbor came to my recue & even helpped me put it together :) But I Find it is not as big as I want so i need to go get a couple more boards tomorrow & He will come back & help me . what a guy . & He wouldn't even take any pay for it .

I Drove him back over to his place To meet his wife & Tour Their gardens & They would like to do some plant exchanges just right up my alley :)))
here is before

Thumbnail by deejay9

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 7, 2010
7:45 PM

Post #7951238

here was 20 mins after . well been along day going to share one more picture with you then its off to watch the news :)
2"x 12"x 16'x 8' have to add on another 16' yet
Good nite all

Thumbnail by deejay9

janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

July 7, 2010
7:54 PM

Post #7951270

I'm here...just super busy at the moment; trying to get ready for fair, hubby's been sick, and my oldest is coming home at the end of the month after seven months at sea (YAY!!!) and we've been trying to put together a big 'welcome home' party. Needless to say, I'm crazy...well, crazier than usual if you listen to my kids! :)

Di

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 7, 2010
8:28 PM

Post #7951429

cOOL dI YOU MUST BE EXCITED :) GOOD TO KNOW YOUR JUST BUSY
Just wondered if you had rec'd yet ??? Or You all had a later date to send & Re'c just let me know if you can . ok .
thank you
susie & Congrats
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

July 8, 2010
11:39 AM

Post #7952700

Hey Susie, Yep, very, very excited here.

My box arrived today, I am so thrilled with this package! Julie/froggies_girl sent me a 'Chelsea' daylily (my daughter), a 'Major Tom' iris (hubby) and an 'About Last Night' iris which I've wanted for a long time. Thanks, thanks, thanks! I love this!

Di

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 8, 2010
12:17 PM

Post #7952760

OH DI thoses are nice named plants & I have not heard of any of them guess i will have to go do more searches
so i can make my own ON FIRST NAME BASES "Special Garden :)))"
back out to my new garden lots to do
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 8, 2010
3:07 PM

Post #7953185

Isn't it amazing how many different plants with friends and family names are out there? This was a great idea and would love to do this again.

janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

July 8, 2010
3:31 PM

Post #7953248

I like doing these swaps, but this one was a lot of fun. I liked searching for my person's names and then seeing what came in with mine.

I'm with fotv - I'd love to do this again as well.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 8, 2010
3:55 PM

Post #7953310

we can always have one simular for AUG if someone wanted to do a sign up for it .
I have my plate full in Aug & Just cannot keep track of another swap I will possible join it if I can but i have to many other things to keep track of .
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 8, 2010
4:08 PM

Post #7953338

That sounds good to me, Susie. I'll volunteer if you'd like for me to start an interest thread?

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 8, 2010
4:12 PM

Post #7953349

that will work I just have to many other things to take care of
but i would love to join in on it also
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 8, 2010
5:09 PM

Post #7953519

I know you do, Susie, and glad to help. The interest thread for August is up. Anybody interested, come on over.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1114055/
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 9, 2010
6:17 AM

Post #7954564

Happy Birthday to one cool chick...Susie!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 9, 2010
11:39 AM

Post #7955214

THANK YOU SUSAN :)) & I Rec'd a Very nice box from you today also , while i was digging plants for a lady the mail lady
drove up with the box & the gal i was digging plants for just could not believe plants ccould come in a box so I took out my knife & opened the box & just keep pulling out plants after plants & she was just in awe to see all I receive in this box :))

Here's what I recieved
DAYLILY : BLACKEYED SUSAN
DAYLILY: LITTLE FRUIT CUP FOR I CAN REMEMBER WHO i REC'D FROM :)

DAHLIA : MOMS SPECIAL
CANNA : RICHARD WALLACE ' MY DAD
ORIENTAL LILY ' DIZZY (CAUSE SHE'S LATE :) HEHE TO CUTE SUSAN.
& ONE ON MY WISH LIST PLANT CONEFLOWER TOMATO SOUP & THAT SENT THAT LADY OVER THE TOP IN AWWW :)

SHE WAS DRIVING DOWN OUR ROAD & SAW MY GARDENS &
STOP TO ASK IF SHE COULD TAKE A TOUR & 10 PLANTS LATER & THE AWW OF MY BOX I THINK SHE IS HOOKED .

& SHE WILL BE BACK :)))
ANYWAY SUSAN I LOVE ALL THAT YOU HAVE SHARE WITH ME & I NEED TO GO GIVE THEM A DRINK TILL IT COOLS OFF THIS EVENING & I CAN PLANT IN THEIR NEW BED :)
THANK YOU SO SO MUCH .
WELL OFF TO ANSWER A BUNCH OF NOTES

DEEJAY9------------REC'D
JANAESTONE--------REC'D
ELFS_GARDEN-----REC'D
IRISLUVR0252-----REC'D
FOTV------------REC'D
MILLWIG------REC'D
FROGGIES_GIRL-----REC'D
HAPPGARDEN------REC"D

ALL HAVE REC'D THIS WAS A WONDERFUL SWAP & i LOOK FORWARD TO THE NEXT ON HOSTED BY OUR OWN FOTV /SUSAN

COME ON OVER

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1114055/
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 9, 2010
4:23 PM

Post #7955914

You are SO welcome, Susie. I have to tell ya, I was really worried about mailing plants in this heat. Hope they all do well for you. If not just let me know and I can replace all but the "Mom's Special" Dahlia. It sounds like you and your new neighbor have a lot in common. She'll be back to pick your brains and gardens...LOL!

I'm such a dufus and should have sent you a B-Day card instead of the generic one. Anywho, enjoy your newest plants, my Friend! :)

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 9, 2010
7:52 PM

Post #7956404

i WILL THEY ARE ALL IN THEIR NEW HOME :) so now i think I can close this swap out .

thank you all for a great swap .
susie
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

September 16, 2010
9:30 AM

Post #8102214

Have you guys seen this,

http://www.gardens.com/forums/t/1103142/

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 16, 2010
10:22 AM

Post #8102307

How did My post get there at that site any one tell me
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

September 16, 2010
10:25 AM

Post #8102311

I don't know I was searching in yahoo for a picture of the daylily you sent me in the named swap and that site popped up. My teeth about popped out! I would like to know the same answer as you. I did not log onto the site but I am wondering if our entire conversations are out there! Hope no one posted tracking information!!!!!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 16, 2010
10:31 AM

Post #8102325

well i went to the site & There are other Post there that was posted her , this is not right we pay to this site
for gardeners here Not on other sites . & How many more sites has our info ???

I reconize 2 members on this page http://www.gardens.com/forums/f/b_flowers/all/
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

September 16, 2010
2:20 PM

Post #8102699

This is what Admin replied when I ask:

admin

Thu, September 16, 2010
11:54 AM
Hi Joyce,

Gardens.com is part of DG...basically a scaled down version. There is quite a bit of content that is mirrored over there. We've had Gardens.com for about 4 or 5 years now. Your membership is active for both URL's and subscribed members will see all of the DG content. Unsubscribed members only see the free forums, just like here. The Beginner Forums are Gardens.com. That's why they were created, to give a total newbie a less confusing place to ask a question.

Just let me know if you have further questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

Happy Gardening,
melody

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 16, 2010
2:35 PM

Post #8102732

well it is not right that we pay $20. for our site & It should be for Paid members only & Our Swaps should not be put out there for anyone else to veiw but the paid members .

its one thing to share gardening tips & Plant Files , but our swaps or TRADES Should Not be made PUBLIC.
Sure hope the change their ways .

Qoute : Unsubscribed members only see the free forums, just like here
If this is a free forum I would say they owe us some money .

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
ZZ's - Star-Studded - 'Tomato Seed Round-Robin'. ZZTOPSOIL 335 Aug 8, 2007 11:54 PM
CLOSED: Any newbies wanna start a round robin? kaykay1010 134 Dec 14, 2010 6:31 PM
Spring Fever RR Crimson 146 Apr 13, 2007 12:08 PM
Houseplant Swap snboyken 146 Apr 30, 2007 12:59 PM
Yesterday's News Robin's Resurrection sign-up here Gourd 284 Jul 11, 2007 4:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America