Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

It is June 1 2010

Ripley, MS

The month for all the perennials to really start up and we should see some beautiful things on this thread.
All are welcome to show pictures, as we have said before Mid South, is more a state of mind than a location, and all beautiful flower pictures are welcome !

Mayfair Season

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

A bed shot with daylilies, Japanese Iris and stokesia all blooming

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

Lost tag spider--HUGE !

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

St John's Wort--tri color--I love tri color plants
Thanks Terrye !!

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

All the Magic

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

Stokesia in the roadside bed

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

Two Part Harmony
It should double, but hardly ever does here, I think it gave me one double last year

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

Volusian Spider

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

Dashing Double

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

Vino de Dott

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

Japanese Iris

Thumbnail by slcdms
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Sandra I love Vina de Dott!! Really like the japanese iris also.

I had more day lilies open this morning. What fun it is to go out everyday and see all the beautiful new blooms!

Decatur Cherry smash

Thumbnail by cperdue
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Palace Garden

Thumbnail by cperdue
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Condilla

Thumbnail by cperdue
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Strawberry Candy

Thumbnail by cperdue
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Hebrew Maiden

Thumbnail by cperdue
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Spacecoast Behavior Pattern
The only spacecoast one I have.

Thumbnail by cperdue
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

El Desparado

Thumbnail by cperdue
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Spring Formal (I posted this before but something had eaten a lot of it - the whole flower looks better!)

By the way Sandra the one I had marked Sammy russell is Hyperion. A new bloom opened today and it definitely has a very sweet smell.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Woops -- forgot to add the photo
Spring Formal

Thumbnail by cperdue
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Kingdom Border

Thumbnail by cperdue
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Wineberry Candy

Thumbnail by cperdue
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Stagecoach

Bonnie gave me this one in Oct.

Thumbnail by cperdue
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

The last one for the day....

Mariska

Thumbnail by cperdue
Ripley, MS

Charlotte---I don't think I have ever seen Hebrew Maiden--that is beautiful. Yes it is so much fun to get their pictures and see them bloom. Be sure you add them to a photo sharing site, with their names, like Picasso or Photo Bucket. Then if you lose tags, you will have a permanent record to search--it will also help if you date it--but sometimes if you move then around they won't bloom close to the same date. I have Condillia but it is in the shade and it has just now put up a scape, where yours is already blooming.
I am having a lot of splotchy blooms open too, they get better as they open.
This is an example--that is why you see so many daylily people label theris FFO--first flower open, because we know it is going to get better !
This is Jay Thurman FFO

Thumbnail by slcdms
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Sandra thanks for the information. I see what you're talking about with FFO. I have some that the first flower was not nearly as pretty as the ones to follow. Yes I do need to get them in Piscasso!

Ripley, MS

Just trying to keep you from making some mistakes that I did--LOL--it is a job trying to keep the right names on everything, no matter what system you use.

Thumbnail by slcdms
Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Sandra, I think your red spider might be Long Stocking. Do you remember acquiring that one?

Charlotte, I love Palace Garden and SC Behavior Pattern!

This is my most amazing daylily so far. Everytime I walk upon it, it just takes my breath away.

Red Eyed Fantasy

Thumbnail by ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

I love the doubles. Here's Bogie and Bacall which I adore. It always reminds me of a kiss--perhaps it's those lipstick stains.

I have a double called Well All Right that never doubles for me. It has a huge pink bloom but it's really nothing spectacular. If I don't get doubles this year, it's outta here. I'm just not going to have a lazy freeloader in my gardens!

Thumbnail by ButterflyChaser
Ripley, MS

No I don't have Long Stocking that I know of--this is just one fan, and it may have been one of the ones that I brought home from Cindy's last fall with lost names on them. It is beautiful, whatever it is, I think it will probably measure 10" at least

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Nancy Ann your Red Eyed Fantasy is a stunning day lily!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Summer is here, and I can tell I don't want to go outside to take pictures. it's HOT beautiful daylilies everybody.

I took a pic this morning before I went to work

Japanese iris Graywood's riversong

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Spacecoast daylily Surprise purple

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

not a good shot of this japanese iris striped ripples, I got another bud or two on there, so i'll have to take a better picture of it

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Aquarius monarda

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Charlotte, I love all your daylilys! You really picked some beautiful ones to start your collection! Love that Codillia and the Spacecoast one!

KA - your yard must be totally amazing! So many beautiful blooms! I am going to be kicking myself for not making it this weekend........

That Red Eyed Fantasy is beautiful.... never heard of it before - and I like the Bogie and Bacall too......

Headed home now to check out what is blooming!

Genna

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

Boy, ya'll really started out things with a beautiful bang! Love all of them, but I particularly liked Bogie and Bacall.

I hope a question or 2 isn't too off-topic here, but I need some ideas for what to do with Lavender. I have a good crop this year, which is weird because it's been so wet.

Also, my sweet basil looks pitiful and is dropping leaves. Looks like it may indeed be too wet. Anyone else having a few problems like this? Everything else looks great...I picked my first cukes today and have picked 4 squash in the last couple of days. I also ordered a couple of those $3.50 'Bama Music' daylilies today. Thanks KA for the link to that site. Or maybe I should say darn you for making me buy more plants, LOL!!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

LOL Elaine..... there are a LOT of enablers on here!! I didn't DARE click on that site she gave you for fear I would be buying more daylilies too!

Genna

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

you need to go to that sight Genna, gallon pots of daylilies for 3 to 5.00

LOL am I twistin gyour legs? I bought hostas on that site. 4 of them. and a couple other things.

Ripley, MS

Lavender can be made into sachets, for your closet or drawers. You can get the little gauze bags at Wal-Mart in the craft dept.
I love lavender, it is my favorite scent from the garden !

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.