wild life wake up call

Sparta , TN(Zone 7a)

hello every one let me know whats going on in your area. and lets revive some of these areas that open to the non members .

Thumbnail by Ret_Sgt_Yates
Tellico Plains, TN(Zone 7b)

hmmmmmmmmm seems to be pretty dead around these parts , eh ?

Soon hope to find time to do some fishing again.

Kinda forgot all about it for the last 3 years between moving and getting our farm ready to sell and showing it to every tom, dick &harry that just wanted to kill some time Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

But first gotta find the good fishing holes down here ;-)

Sparta , TN(Zone 7a)

scooterbug, Well there in Tellico there are is trout and some good ones too just make sure you get you license they will get you before you get your line wet .LOL thth a lil net surffen and park visiten you can pick up some local maps showing lakes hit the TWRA site and it has a lot of info to help show the regs . for lakes in your area too. I know the feeling about that how ever in the 3 years you could haveused that in your advantage and had the egger hunters to clean up fence rolls, brush piles and house projects for a deer or turkey season right hunt and if the place is big enough to support it you could have had 4 or 5 guys on it and that many thing X 4 or 5 X done for Free ? ding some thing to think about Hmmmm not bad trade is it and not bad on the body either LOL

Grenada, MS(Zone 8a)

I sure wished that I lived up there in TN with you guys, I love the Smokies! I like to fly fish and we don't have trout down here. I do catch a few bream once in awhile on my fly rod.

It's done got to hot to fish around here! My doc put me on these meds and the heat is rough on me.
I live about 10 miles from the nationally famous Grenada Lake, it is famous for producing the largest crappie in the nation. Back in April, Crappie Masters held the MS State Crappie Championship here on Grenada Lake the winners posted a 2 day total of 14 crappie weighing in 35.05 pounds, with their second day total of seven fish weighing in at a whopping 18.99 pounds!! That's an average of 2.71 pounds per fish. The big fish of the tournament was 3.21 pounds!!
I 'll throw in a pic from back in the spring when my son and I were jigging for crappie and a few we caught one morning. Have a great day!

Thumbnail by DWMike
Sparta , TN(Zone 7a)

Ok DW,

I got the Uncle Bucks Fish Batter, The Light Bread, the mayo, the Cast iron Skillet, the love for some Crappie, and now all I need is directions on how to get to-em lol iíll do my fare share of catchen and cleaning ;>) that is an impressive catch and some nice weight on the fish .

The Sarg.

Grenada, MS(Zone 8a)

Ret_Sgt_Yates...I hear ya!..LOL...If ya ever down this way in the late winter/early spring just give me a holler and we will sure give a try. It is sometimes tuff for out of town people to come here and fish because we can't keep any crappie under 12 inches...(the average 12 inch crappie here weighs 1 pound. +/-) , a fish that size is hard to throw back if you are not accustomed to it.
I prefer the Louisiana New Orleans Style Fish Fry batter, myself. Thanks. Here's another one of our catches from this Spring, April5, 2010.

Thumbnail by DWMike
Sparta , TN(Zone 7a)

DW,

Thatís a mess of Fish I too like the Louisiana New Orleans Style Fish Fry batter, the 12Ē thing donít bother me at all when I fish round here we have limits too and the trout limits are even more harsh.

They are 14Ē min and they donít cut you no slack not even 13 15/16th they mean business if youíre in the trophy section you better be legal .lol the bass are good fishen too but the water since the floods have been a lil crazy but it is gitten better.

The Sarg.

Grenada, MS(Zone 8a)

I know what you mean about the trout limits..I've fished the trophy area on Taneycomo in Missouri and they have a slot of 12" - 20"...I love catching them rainbows though!!

I was wondering how the flood effected the fishing up your way...I hope it stabilizes soon. Have a great day!

Sparta , TN(Zone 7a)

you too Brother

Vicksburg, MS(Zone 8a)

We've had three surgeries at our house this summer and missed all the fishing but we're sure looking forward to hunting season. Like you DWMike, we're both on meds that keep us pretty much out of the sun--have to fish at night. Never been up to Grenada--might have to give it a try.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.