Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

DG Journals and Diaries: Changing default diary/gardening blog ?

Communities > Forums > DG Journals and Diaries
bookmark
Forum: DG Journals and DiariesReplies: 2, Views: 13
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Weedwhacker
Bark River (UP), MI
(Zone 4b)

June 3, 2010
5:13 AM

Post #7854312

Is there any way to change my default diary? It seems to me that I could in the past by changing the order of the diaries in the list, but that doesn't work anymore, it always defaults to my 2009 garden blog.
ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

June 3, 2010
7:05 AM

Post #7854660

You can still change the order in the list, but it doesn't seem to affect which one comes up when you first go to your diary. Right now the diary that comes up first for me is the one that has the most recent entry in it, although it's been a while since I did any edits so I don't know if that's how it decides what to open or if it's just a coincidence. I'm guessing a coincidence if it's always an older diary opening for you--could be that it goes to the first one you created? I think coincidentally the one of mine that has the most recent entry is also the first one I created so that could be it too. I don't know of a way to make it open a different one automatically--I'd just make sure the one you want to use shows up near the top of your list and then it's just one easy click to get into it.
Weedwhacker
Bark River (UP), MI
(Zone 4b)

June 3, 2010
7:24 AM

Post #7854712

Thanks Ecrane -- it isn't a huge issue for me, just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something.

:-)

Sandy

Post a reply to this thread:

Your message:

You may upload up to 5 images. Press CTRL to select more than one image file.

Upload Images to your reply

-

Other DG Journals and Diaries Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
    Online journal - getting started Terry 219 Apr 1, 2008 1:12 PM
    Journal "wish list" requests here, please Terry 178 Aug 25, 2014 3:44 PM
    The Garden Diary is ready for testing dave 159 Aug 18, 2008 7:51 PM
    "Watching" a Garden Diary dave 18 Jul 2, 2013 7:36 AM
    Using both the journal and diary barbur 4 Sep 28, 2013 6:57 PM

We recommend Firefox
    Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America