Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Continuation thread for our pictures

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1103370/

Hot papaya echinacea

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Those are really unusual! Pretty.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Anyone have trouble getting the GardensOyvey link to work? It opens but then I can't get into the actual website to see the different plants!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

the plant catalog is at the very top of the web site onc eyou click on the link, it worked for me.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Thanks - must be something with my internet .... is just kept spinning and spinning ...I even refreshed, but it just never opened .... after 15 min I gave up!

genna

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I just made this boquet up for the Garden party tomorrow

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

I know you will have fun.
Karen I am pretty sure that is one of the daylilies I brought to Kim's. Sandra Terrye and Ruth came down to help me thin out, dig and label the daylilies. I had many beautiful noids that I gave away. These are some of the noids we dug into but I don't know who got what because there was just too much to label.

Thumbnail by Riverland
Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Kathy, that's a beautiful floral arrangement!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Kathy Ann - your arrangement is really pretty!

Cindy - those are some beautiful pics!

Genna

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

I guess I'm coming alone. My friend couldn't find someone to work her shift tomorrow, so she can't come. She's really disappointed and said she definitely wants to come to the next one. But I'll be there for sure tomorrow. I've carried everything out front to load in the car. And I'm making the food now.

So, I'll see y'all tomorrow.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

LOL you posted in the picture thread, instead of the garden party shed. I just posted about those tables nancy in that other thread.

we'll see you in the morning

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

OOOOPs, I'm soooo confused!

All right, to make my post legal, I'll post a picture. Let me see. Who wants to meet you guys today? Hmmm...

Night Embers wanted to say hi tonight.

Thumbnail by ButterflyChaser
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Night Embers is a nice one!

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

I got Night Embers for my niece, whose name is Ember. When I got it, I told her that when she bought her first house, I'd give her a start of it since it's her namesake. She scrunched up her face and said, "Aunt Nancy, you know I don't garden." Well, she bought her first house this past fall. And she popped in this spring and said, "Do you remember that plant named after me that you said I could have when I got a house?" So I gave her a piece of it along with some other plants--not many, just a few easy ones for her. I offered her more a couple weeks ago and she said, "Oh no! It wore me out just planting those you gave me before!" LOL

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

KA I love that Hot Papaya! Good one to lead off this thread. Nice arrangement too.

I'm way behind in posting. Been getting my new computer set up. And the rain has really been beating up some of the blooms like the DL's. Here is my dwarf gardenia.

Thumbnail by OutsidePlaying

A few cleome are starting to bloom.

More DL's blooming. This is Barbara Mitchell. Blooms are really big.

Joan Senior.

Lost the tag for this one.

My favorite mid-season bloomer, Bama Belle.

My large lavender 'bush' with some of the Shasta daisies starting to bloom. This is why I need to do something with it. It smells heavenly so I've cut a few sprigs and put them in the house.

Astilbe. I have a couple of these and I wish they lasted longer.

Bed with Shasta daisies, Echinacea, and Coreopsis.

I just like this shot of the bee on top of the flower.

First bloom on a new buddleia. I'm too lazy to go check the variety. And it's raining outside again.

This is a 'Tumbling Tom' cherry tomato I started from seed. Actually there are 2 plants in this pot. It's doing really well and this is about as big as it will get. I love it so far, but we'll see how the little tomatoes taste.

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

This Humdinger with a normal sized daylily.

Thumbnail by Riverland
Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Peach Jubilee

Thumbnail by Riverland
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Oh my that is a Humdinger!! Really nice!

Lakeland / Memphis, TN(Zone 7a)

I'm with you Elaine on the astilbe. I love them, but they just don't last long enough. Great shot of that little bee on the coneflower. He was really loving it.

Wow Cindy - that daylily is Huge ! Properly named !

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

One of my new faves - Ebony Pools

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Marked by Lydia - still amazing me

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Element of Surprise

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Riseman's Flame - an old one, but the coloring and the watermark just wow me.

I see now that I've really got to add some plants besides daylilies. If the daylilies weren't in bloom now, my gardens would be rather boring I think.

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

There is my Arundo Donax Variegata that is amazing. It's best time is spring when the foliage is very white. As the heat of summer comes on, it becomes a pale green and looks more like bamboo. It makes bamboo canes too which I'm using to stake my tomatoes this year. It will get 10 or 12 ft tall or more.

Hey Nancy Ann - good to see you again in all the pics from yesterday.
I know what you mean about the daylilies. They just seem to steel the show when they are all blooming is what I think it is. I seem to not notice other things while mine are blooming. lol.

Vatican City

Thumbnail by n2birds

Samar Starfire

Thumbnail by n2birds

Mildred Mitchell

Thumbnail by n2birds

Live it Up

Thumbnail by n2birds

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.