Even more June pictures

Ripley, MS

These threads are filling up fast--I had rain this morning so some of these would have looked better, but some I like with raindrops

Americas Most Wanted

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

Snow Shadows

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

Tried and True

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

Sea of Cortez

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

So Many Stars

Edited to say--LOOK Bonnie--I did not deadhead-LOL

This message was edited Jun 9, 2010 10:37 AM

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

One of my very favorite Munsons
China Veil

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

This is on the shady side of the house, I call this my secret garden

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

Another shot of the Secret Garden, we live in a trailer, and we used to be hidden by pines on the old road, when they took 40 feet of our yard for the new road, this east end of the trailer is the only place I can sit, and not be seen from the road or the neighbors across the road--that is why it is the "Secret" Garden.

Thumbnail by slcdms
Lakeland / Memphis, TN(Zone 7a)

Wow Sandra - that secret garden has changed alot since I've seen it last. Guess that was about 3 years ago huh ? Don't you just love being surrounded by the woods though ? They help the feeling of being a little more secluded.

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

I love that China Veil, Sandra. I traded for it years ago, but it turned out to be misnamed. I'll have to acquire it for my wedding garden soon.

Ripley, MS

Yes, Bonnie, I was clearing out the no name daylilies from there so I could put named ones in when you were here--you should come and see me and bring a shovel.
Jerry loves the woods more than I do, that is why I never look for trees--they are all around me
Nancy Ann, China Veil is a Munson, it is so pretty, but it is a slow to multiply one, usually Munsons are better multipliers, but not this one. It is well worth 5.00 and you can probably buy it for 5.00, since it is so old.
I have had mine several years and not gotten a good size clump of it yet !

I did not feel like bending over to see the name on this one--it is a named one though

Thumbnail by slcdms
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

More pretties! I like your secret garden Sandra. I like sitting or walking around where no one can see me. That's why I surrounded myself with tall azaleas.

Ripley, MS

I have an old tore up swing I sit on out there--it is nice in the afternoons late.

Inherited Wealth

Thumbnail by slcdms
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Mine are starting to slow down. This is Party Queen

Thumbnail by cperdue
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I don't think I ever told you all that I built our pergola. We had a free standing deck shaded by a very large old dogwood tree. The deck was actually built under the tree because of the nice shade. The ice storm of 2000 destroyed the tree, so we finally decided to build a pergola over it 5 or 6 years ago. It's actually has 2 levels, one that has the pergola over it and the other part doesn't have a cover. DH cannot lift or climb but he helped me hold and helped me figure out how to build it. We did have a plan. We actually hauled all the lumber home and cut and put it together. I made a pattern and cut the design on the ends of the boards. That was the most fun part. I screwed the whole thing together and somehow got those big boards up on top of the structure and after we got the whole top on I climbed on top and fastened the plexiglass stuff down. I'm not getting back up there again however. The only help we had in doing it was a handyman came and put up the ceiling fan. We already had electrical outlets behind the deck.

Thumbnail by cperdue

Isn't that funny Charlotte, how we look back and see what we've done and wonder - "how in the world did I do all that" !! Nice job.

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

It's so rewarding to do things yourself and then say, "I did that!" I also like seeing how things are made, how to put them together. It's fun having the "inside scoop" on creating something.

Charlotte, surely you have some Mid and Late season bloomers. My Mids are just beginning to start in.

Ripley, MS

Charlotte just started getting daylilies last fall, Nancy Ann--we warned her it would be addictive !

Thumbnail by slcdms
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Here is the link to my picasso album.
http://picasaweb.google.com/charlotte.perdue1/2010Daylilies?authkey=Gv1sRgCOinhOXM8_r_tgE#

This is what has bloomed so far. I do have some others yet to bloom. I tried to start with a mix of E, M and La and short, medium and tall sizes. Also threw in some spiders. I can still have room to keep adding as I will just increase the length of a narrow bed as I get new ones. But I will have to stop before I get to nearly as many as a lot of you have (4 and 5 hundred). Mine are making me very happy and I will just have to be content with the space I have.

Yes Bonnie I look back at some things and think "how did I do that". Kind of like my neighbor that is building a pond. He found a spot to get some big rocks and went by himself with his trailer. He brought home some huge rocks. A few he could not get unloaded from his trailer - but yet he had managed to get them on the trailer by himself. Somehow he had found the strenght and determination to get them on.

Ripley, MS

You have a pretty nice collection, just starting out--I have been at it for 15 or more years --lol
I am jealous of something I saw on your picasso !!! You have a balloon plant blooming and I don't ! The are starting to bud though

Maben, MS(Zone 7b)

Sandra u and Charlotte both lots of daylilies beauties .

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Thanks Ruth! But I don't have but a drop in the bucket so to speak compared to most of the other folks here like Sandra, Cindy, Bonnie, etc. I am really enjoying the ones I have. The first thing I do every morning is look outside at my daylilies.
Ruth I hope you are feeling better!!

Good to see you feeling well enough to post Ruth. Hope your days ahead are good for you. Sure have been missing you.

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Ruth, great to see you!

Thumbnail by crissyr

Chi Gold

Thumbnail by crissyr

Little Lassie, I didn't edit these pictures at all, it was dusk when I took them.

Thumbnail by crissyr

This No ID is going crazy!

Thumbnail by crissyr

1' tall Bee Balm

Thumbnail by crissyr

6' tall Bee Balm

Thumbnail by crissyr

Sizzlin' Hot

Thumbnail by crissyr

Interesting toad stool

Thumbnail by crissyr

This heat is confusing my Luna Hibiscus

Thumbnail by crissyr
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

This is Sabre Saline. Bonnie gave this to me in Oct.

Thumbnail by cperdue
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Rooten Tooten Red. Cindy gave this one to me in Oct. The picture just doesn't do this one justice. This is a gorgeous red one. The red doesn't look as vivid in the photo as in person. The shape is really pretty too.

Thumbnail by cperdue
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Doosie brugmansis just beginning to unfurl. This is a double. The first double I've had and can't wait for it to drop its skirt.

Thumbnail by cperdue

WOW Charlotte, your brugs are blooming already! Mine are only about 2' tall, can't wait to see that one in full bloom, I love doubles.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I didn't cut mine back. All the ones I bought last year, I kept in pots. I just took the whole pot inside and kept in a heated area. The ones I had in the ground I just cut off and just cut into two sections and rooted both sections. The top section never lost it's leaves and it will soon be blooming.

Ripley, MS

I had to cheat again
http://picasaweb.google.com/slcdm12/20100610June10th2010#
I will add this one--Born too Late

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

I also wanted to show this one to make a point--you need more room than this in a daylily bed, I have a hard time getting pictures, and deadheading in here, because things are so close. It makes for a pretty bed, but hard to work in and not knock the buds off. That is why the daylilies are on the outside rows of the roadside bed and other perennials in the middle of it. I can get to most of the daylilies from the outside of the bed. There are a few places where I have--made it a little wider from my edging and added some things on the outside
This is the Kitchen Window Bed--I can see it directly out my kitchen window !

Thumbnail by slcdms

Guess you stand in that kitchen window all day then, huh ? That's where I'd be. lol.

I know what you mean about knocking off the buds. I get so mad at my fat "you know what" when I hear "click" and turn around and see that broken off stem. ugghhhh

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images