Photo by Melody

Container Gardening: Anyone tried a pulownia tomentosa in a pot?

Communities > Forums > Container Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Container GardeningReplies: 2, Views: 57
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
wonderearth
Santa Cruz, CA
(Zone 9b)

June 9, 2010
2:00 PM

Post #7873385

On an impulse I bought one in a 4 inch pot but don't really have a spot for it. I was thinking that I would grow it in a pot for a couple years and then who knows. Do you think I'll get flowers any time soon?
pestee42
Molino, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 12, 2010
7:13 PM

Post #8208909

I bought two and planted one. Not sure where to put the second one I have left it in the pot. It is blooming now. I know it is supposed to bloom in spring so not sure why. It is only about 2.5 feet tall and pot bound.
The one in the ground has grown but not bloomed yet. So you might as well try and see what happens.
sempervirens
Northern, NJ
(Zone 6b)

November 13, 2010
2:40 PM

Post #8209899

The University of Florida lists The Princess Tree, Paulowina tomentosa, as an invasive, non native.
I run into this weed regularly in NJ and find it extremely difficult to remove if I don't find it when it is extremely tiny. They get right into the middle of plants and require me to redo garden beds to get at the roots. They really cause me lots of work. Besides the Tree of Heaven they are my most hated weed.
You might want to reconsider keeping it at all, potted or not, since all my seedlings are coming from a tree 1 block away, or birds.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Container Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Growing tomatoes upside down BittysGarden 112 Jul 19, 2009 5:51 AM
Raspberry Plants in Containers MummyOF4dolls 23 Mar 27, 2012 4:00 PM
Flower Pouches? nathalyn 80 Sep 11, 2008 10:49 PM
Growin' bags kwells 53 Aug 24, 2008 3:12 PM
How to make papercrete containers. Tomtom 424 Oct 13, 2014 10:48 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America