SAE 90 oil

Charlotte, VT

I need to change the oil in my brush hog. SAE 90 is recommended and I'm wondering if one brand is any better than another. I don't mind paying more if it is worth it, but I sure don't like being cheated. Is Kubota or John Deere SAE 90 really worth the price?

Sparta , TN(Zone 7a)

NO ! If you service your equipment like your suspose to and it is not under their writen covered warrenty and they supply the oil forget it .

Ben using Shell Rotel for years on every thing the family owns even the in- laws use it , the neighbors to , fact is most folks round here use it and still drive their older cars and trucks from the 40's to present day no joke and the farm equipment gits it too.

Sarge

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

That light gear oil, so any reputable brand should be satisfactory. I would avoid putting the El Cheapo store brands in a good transmission, but any major oil company brand should be satisfactory. If the gearbox calls for specific type then match that. In general there is straight mineral oil ( petroleums)( should not be used with hypoid gears) , an enhanced version with anti-oxidants and high pressure additives (AP1-4) and synthetics which can meet AP1 GL 3, 4, or 5.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images