Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Cameras and Photography: Nikon D70 modified for manual focus

Communities > Forums > Cameras and Photography
bookmark
Forum: Cameras and PhotographyReplies: 0, Views: 21
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Gerris2
Wilmington, DE
(Zone 7a)

June 11, 2010
6:42 PM

Post #7880117

Hi everybody,

I recently had my focusing screen replaced in my Nikon D70 camera to a split prism focusing screen for more precise manual focusing while taking macro photographs. The split prism screen is like the one that was in many film SLR cameras of old, like my precious Minolta X-700 which I used for over 20 years. I have been using the D70 camera now in manual mode for 2 weeks and have not returned to the autofocus mode once. I love shooting macro now, and no longer have to guess if my image is in focus.

I was extremely lucky to win a Lester Dine 105mm lens and a older model Dinecorp point/ringflash on eBay and am having a ball taking photographs of my Japanese morning glory garden.

It cost about 200 dollars to have the focusing screen modified but that included the installation fee (and in reality was about how much I spent on the D70 camera body on eBay LOL). It was money well spent.

Send me a Dmail if you want to learn about the vendor who did the modification.

Joseph

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cameras and Photography Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
photography(?) tink76627 7 Jul 25, 2011 5:03 AM
* FYI > Defect in some digital cameras * Magpye 24 Nov 7, 2007 12:48 PM
Anyone Use a Canon S2? melvatoo 25 Jul 31, 2007 4:14 PM
Digital Camera for sale MiniSchnuz 31 Apr 5, 2007 9:53 PM
swimming hole Iluvposies 10 Oct 4, 2007 2:33 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America