Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins: Birthday Club The Next Generation

Communities > Forums > Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins
bookmark
Forum: Group Trades, Swaps and Round RobinsReplies: 142, Views: 1,072
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 13, 2010
5:32 PM

Post #7885807

Where to start...Back about a year or so ago the birthday club was foundering and we needed a new hostess. Marilyn stepped in and got us back on track and asked that I be a kind of co-hostess. It always helps when someone has your back. I agreed, which puts me in the position I find myself in today. Since Marilyn has withdrawn from the club I guess I am the defacto hostess now. So let's go from here.

There are a lot of great people here on Dave's which is one of the things that makes this a super place to hang out. So having said that I will also say that there is virtually no way to please all of the people all of the time. As my DH will tell you I have a zero tolerance for BS and foolishness. I will not be joining the diplomatic corps in this lifetime. :0)
I am going to set some hard and fast rules for the Birthday Club effective immediately. Hopefully this will allow everyone to play nice together. Since no one seems to want to step up and be the bad guy, I'll do it. I know we will lose some more people, and that some will be upset for one reason or another. But hey, this is the bottom line. This is supposed to be FUN. Not a one of us needs another hassle in our busy, stressed out lives. Everyone here has some cross to bear, some folks carry more than one.

So rule number one is HAVE FUN! If you can't bring a sense of humor or a smile to the party don't come.

Rule number two is about the "gifting" of birthday goodies. New plan that I hope will solve the problems of most of the people with financial issues. All goodies must fall into one of these 3 categories:

1. A handmade or crafted something that you do. Most everyone I know on DG sews, paints, crafts or does some sort of hobby that they could share in some small way with the birthday people. If it is only a handmade card that you can send for $.44 that is terrific. This is not supposed to be about the gifts, but the giving. If any of you have joined thinking that you are going to have some bodacious birthday haul of expensive items, think again.

2. Second category would be plants. Hey we are a gardening forum after all. A lot of folks have extras or starts or cuttings. Send what you can afford to ship.

3. Gift cards for plants, or gardening related items or anything else that people have mentioned in their wishlists. I am not going to set an amount. Make it whatever your budget allows. Once again it is about the thought and the effort. There has been discussion of using the gift card idea and people thought that wasn't fair for the birthday person to have to pay shipping on their own gift. Seriously now, how many of you are going to go to Bluestone or Almost Eden and just get a couple of things? Come on. If you are going to go shopping there you are probably going to spend more than the gift card anyway so the shipping is just part of that. Anyone that does crafts would love a card to Micheals or JoAnns etc. I know I would. Keep in mind a lot of gift cards can be done online eliminating the postage issue all together.

Now that we have the ground rules set I encourage everyone to go to the New Likes and Dislikes link and adjust their posts accordingly. List your plant wants. List the places you like to shop or would like a gift card from.

If anyone has huge issues with this please dmail me personally so we can avoid a shooting match on the thread. I would like for everyone to check in giving me a "Yes I want to stay on the list" or a "Get real, take me off" by Friday June 18. At that time I will update the list. Depending on what happens when the dust settles I'll make a determination about whether we are going forward or not. The new rules will be added to the top of each new thread so new folks will know where they stand before they ever join.

Thanks to everyone that has been a part of this fun group over the years. Let's try to have many more years together.

Juanita
aka as Neener
or probably after this post "The Old Blonde With the Big Mouth." :))

Rouxcrew (Joy) Jan. 15
ClanCampbell (Chris) Feb.28
FruitoftheVine- (Susan) April 9
Janaestone - (Dianae) April 12
Sissy70 - (Judy) April 16
Marti001 (Mary) April 17
momoftwo607 (Erin) May 6
Gardenchick1982 (Becky) May 27
Purpbutfly (Cindy) May 27
Polyacre (Paula) August 14
GAgirl1066 (Paula) Sept. 1
Barhea7 (Bre) Sept 7
Diamond9192002 (Anita) Sept. 19
Ddbydeb (Deb) Sept. 22
Ridesredmule (Charlene) Oct. 1
Rvnsbrk - (Juanita) Oct 9
Hope43 (Hope) Dec. 28

New Likes/ Wants Thread

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1107561/

This message was edited Jun 15, 2010 3:45 PM

This message was edited Jun 18, 2010 7:40 AM

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk
Click the image for an enlarged view.

dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 13, 2010
5:40 PM

Post #7885834

Very well said Nita. Hope the "New " club will be fun and happy.
AYF, Faye
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

June 13, 2010
5:46 PM

Post #7885850

I am staying. I don't do much crafting cuz my two toddlers limit that. LOL. But I do have plants to share and maybe a painted rock or two! =)

Erin
GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

June 13, 2010
6:06 PM

Post #7885907

Hi Neener (OBWBM) LOL

I am still in. Haven't posted much lately, been gone alot and in the garden alot!! Now its starting the 115 with humidity, so that limits my outside time, so maybe I will have more time to post.

Hello everyone!!
barhea7
(Bre) Sellersville, PA
(Zone 7a)

June 13, 2010
6:14 PM

Post #7885927

I am staying :) I like the new rules and the new host, though like I said on the last board, Marylin, I will miss you dearly!!
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

June 13, 2010
6:17 PM

Post #7885934

Hey Bre, my oxalis you sent me has bloomed. It's beautiful , I love it. The kids think its neat how the leaves fold up at night too!

Erin
hope43
Tulsa, OK
(Zone 7a)

June 13, 2010
6:36 PM

Post #7885971

you know i'am,but i could not understand deejay's post shes still in or?? i try to do my very best to please hope i have. everyone far as i know have been very nice and keep up the swaps.
sissy70
Rushville, IN
(Zone 5b)

June 13, 2010
6:40 PM

Post #7885978

Im still in if I have missed anyone please let me know
sissy70--Judy

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 13, 2010
6:48 PM

Post #7885998

FairWell & Best Wishes To You All

This message was edited Jun 14, 2010 6:52 AM
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 13, 2010
6:57 PM

Post #7886021

Neener, I'm staying too and really like your new rules, especially the one that says we can share plants. I wouldn't take anything for the gifts so many of you have shared with me, but this is after all a Gardening Site.

GAgirl, the last few days here in the 90's with horrible humidity don't compare to what you're going through. It feels more like August than June. Would zapped be a good word for how you're feeling?

Edited to say my hard drive crashed today and am using Hubby's laptop. Live is still good since I'm able to stay in touch with you all...even if it is a bent curve with my big fingers typing on a tiny keyboard.

This message was edited Jun 13, 2010 9:07 PM
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

June 13, 2010
7:54 PM

Post #7886187

Well, I'm brand new anyway so the rules are fine and I'm still in. Today we had a bit of a breather here in southwest Ohio. It was only 88 (LOL) but not near as much humidity as yesterday and Friday. We had to go to a neighbor girl's grad party yesterday - it was like walking through a heavy, wet blanket with steam coming off of it. We don't usually get this type of stuff until July and we've had it for weeks here...but, better than snow!
mcrochet
Marilyn Glen st. Mar, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 13, 2010
8:02 PM

Post #7886220

Neener, I say you are off to a great start! I agree with your new rules and hopefully I will be able to come back and join some day, but it won't be for quite a while.
You go girl! You have my total support, but then you always have and you know that. :)
Everyone else, you have a great time here.
Bre I will miss you too, but like I've told Neener, I will continue to check in on you all and post when I can.
((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))) to all.
GardenChick1982
(Becky) Gresham, OR
(Zone 8a)

June 13, 2010
8:11 PM

Post #7886241

I am still in, the thought is what counts and someone taking the time to say "happy birthday"
Do we have new june bdays not on the list?
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 13, 2010
8:27 PM

Post #7886281

I'm so sad you're leaving, Marilyn, but understand. You've been at the helm for the last year, and took the reigns from someone else, and you have served us proudly as a perfect hostes. Pllease check in when you can, and you can always D-mail me or send a regular email.

Edited to say "I'm already missing you! "

This message was edited Jun 13, 2010 10:29 PM
ddbydeb
Summerville, SC
(Zone 9b)

June 13, 2010
9:14 PM

Post #7886431

Count me still in. Going crazy but in I swear it is my month to be sick I guess jeesh! First bronchitis now the 6 mm kidney stone I still still have not passed! So Bill is taking off and taking me to my appt at the uroligist tommorow.We will see what comes next.
Least I have stuff made up for the May gals now and ready to send and and working on June. Plus have all my other swaps done too!My garden misses me too *sighs* I go out and work a bit but the heat is taking its toll on me when I try to go out and work in it, while I fight whatever infection I have gotten along with this kideny stone. it figures I would get sick when studetns are signign up and I have to cancel the classes LOL!
My Pepino cukes are going crazy along the fence and some bug had eaten up 3 of my big squash plants. They got into the stem and ate em up :(. At tleast ther is till time to start a new set of plants from seed.
Take Care everyone!
Deb

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

June 13, 2010
9:55 PM

Post #7886529

Moo, Neener, I am still in. Setting records for heat these last few days but the garden is doing well. Just picked a mystery squash/gourd and now I am really confused. They look like 8 ball zuchini but this one is huge and reminds me of a gourd. Guess I will cut it open tomorrow and see what it looks like inside.

Tomatoes are getting huge, both the plants and the 'maters. picked 10# this afternoon with 9 tomatoes.

Joy

Thumbnail by rouxcrew

momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

June 14, 2010
4:20 AM

Post #7886749

Becky, we didn't have any June bdays in the last thread. I guess we will have to wait and see if we do this time around! =)

Erin
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 14, 2010
4:34 AM

Post #7886777

I'm so glad my post didn't blow up the world here. Enough of that going on. Let me get the list back up top and we'll go from there. I should have made an extra space for that huh?? Leave it to me to screw the pooch..

Love you guys and thanks for staying.

Neener
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

June 14, 2010
7:56 AM

Post #7887247

I was gone this past weekend and didn't get on the computer.. come back and find Marilyn leaving us :( I hate when life does this stuff to us!

Marilyn, I'm glad that you're going to stop by and visit from time to time.. would miss your smiling face.. and by the way, where's the pics of the new haircut??? :-)

I'm still here.. count me in please :)
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

June 14, 2010
8:41 AM

Post #7887382

Hi everyone. I'm still out here lurking!!! Our computer crashed so am offline til end of the month. I will be coming to the library on Monday's and Thursdays to check in. My finances are begining to settle down and will be able to keep up with my trades and bday gifts. I still owe some and will be them done this month. So hang in there and don't throw me out of the club. OK???

Marti

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

June 14, 2010
9:02 AM

Post #7887428

Glad to know things are looking up Marti, we have missed you!

Looks like summer will be quiet on the list, maybe I will start on September's early, and I will get to hand deliver Neener's gift when I am in VA in September!!!!!!

Joy

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

June 14, 2010
9:55 AM

Post #7887568

Hi Ladies,

As of right now I am still in. I love the new rules!!! And Marilyn you will be missed. I probably won't be on much in the next few weeks. Taking care of my 83 year old mother who just had a total knee replacement done plus trying to keep up yard work and putting in 250 gallon fish pond.

With that said I need to get my buns in gear it is going to be 88 today

LOVE YA ALL!!!!!
GardenChick1982
(Becky) Gresham, OR
(Zone 8a)

June 14, 2010
11:41 AM

Post #7887866

Prayers out to your grandma cindy
I got some wonderful cards and gifts in the mail today. Thank you Neener and sissy70 they just made my day.

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

June 14, 2010
12:02 PM

Post #7887924

Um it is my mom, lol not grandma.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 14, 2010
12:41 PM

Post #7888066

Glad you all are staying!! OOOOOO Joy I can't wait for September. I'm trying to get Fruity up here too so we can have a hen party.

I already miss Marilyn, but the circle of life is always in motion.

Chris and Marti glad you checked in. Some of the folks on the list haven't been around for a while so I may dmail them the note up top and find out what's up.

sissy70
Rushville, IN
(Zone 5b)

June 14, 2010
12:50 PM

Post #7888095

hi everyone glad to still be in this club your friend and sissy70
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 14, 2010
4:02 PM

Post #7888685

Can you hear me clucking? I can't wait to see you again, Neener, and meet you, Joy!

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

June 14, 2010
6:59 PM

Post #7889196

I have noticed that Rainy jane has not been around. I do recall somewhere she was having some health problems. Does anyone know how she is?
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 15, 2010
6:02 AM

Post #7890046

I'll try contacting her Cindy. I have her regular email.
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

June 15, 2010
7:26 AM

Post #7890254

Jane dmailed me on the 6th and said that her PC has crashed, so she doesn't get online much right now. But she also said to tell everyone not to give up on her (this was the windchime swap) cause she would be back eventually.
She didn't mention anything about her health, so hopefully that's all taken care of now!
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

June 15, 2010
9:11 AM

Post #7890527

Need some bday ideas from the september girls. If you could let me know or post on the new likes/wants thread.

Thanks,Erin =)
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 15, 2010
12:34 PM

Post #7891021

Thanks Chris! I emailed her this morning too.

The weather here is ridiculous. Yesterday it was 200 degrees in the shade and today it is cool and rainy. It needs to make up it's mind.

Alas another day gone and I am trying to figure out where it went and what got accomplished. My productivity window seems to be shrinking. I used to be good for 12 hours or so. Now I'm lucky if I can started by 9AM and by 2 or so I've lost focus. When did I get so old? :))

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk

GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

June 15, 2010
12:39 PM

Post #7891043

Oh Neener, it was all of 300 degrees down here. Why can't someone invent an A/C gardening suit? We could work all day in a nice 72 degree suit. LOL My day is totally shot. Spent the whole morning and some, putting up a bushel each of zipper peas, butter peas, speckled butterbeans, green butterbeans, white acre. I am tired, but at least I have food in the freezer.
Polyacre
Rapid City, SD
(Zone 4b)

June 15, 2010
12:47 PM

Post #7891082

Hello all !!! Stopped by to join in the Birthday Club !! Look's fun!! And just a side note... I have been trying to send all this crappy cool weather somewhere else besides here !!! Hard to believe that today is the FIRST day we are to get into the 80's. Yesterday we had a fire in the fireplace!!! Maybe summer has arrived here for me !!
Looking forward too all the fun!!

Happy Gardening!

Paula
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

June 15, 2010
12:48 PM

Post #7891087

Welcome Paula! Whens your birthday?

Erin
GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

June 15, 2010
12:56 PM

Post #7891115

Yea, another Paula!

Welcome,
Paula - GAgirl1066
Polyacre
Rapid City, SD
(Zone 4b)

June 15, 2010
1:12 PM

Post #7891158

Erin... Thank you ! Birthday is August 14..

Hey Hey Paula !!! Thanks
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 15, 2010
1:45 PM

Post #7891223

Welcome to our newest member Paula. I've added her to the list. The more the merrier I saw. With the new rules it will be a lot of fun.

Paula in GA, that sounds like a lot of beans to do. I bet you are tired. Did you have to shell all those by yourself? We eat a lot of beans here, but not having a vegetable garden I use dried or canned. i bet fresh would be a lot better.
GardenChick1982
(Becky) Gresham, OR
(Zone 8a)

June 15, 2010
2:05 PM

Post #7891282

welcome paula glad to have ya

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

June 15, 2010
3:02 PM

Post #7891425

Man I can't believe the temps you peeps are having. We were 88 yesterday and today it is 75, we will be in the low 80's the rest of this week.
ddbydeb
Summerville, SC
(Zone 9b)

June 15, 2010
4:04 PM

Post #7891566

Cindy quit bragging LOL! I am sweating to death here I swear! Welcome our new folks I am new too compared to the rest . I have only been on here a month or so I think but love it! Hey yall got my blood work from the doc and It looks great with the exception of my sugar being on the high side. I feel so great today. I actually cooked a full blown meal for Bill and went out in the garden for a short time this morning while it was "cool" . We had fresh tomaotes,cukes and sweet onions from the garden with the Chicken fried steak tonight! My pepino cukes are doing wonderful and really tasty. I am going to order some squash seeds and grow some now as well as order in some onion plants. her is a pic of a toad house I made a few yrs back I am goign to make another one for myself I think. It lights up at night and looks so cute in the flower bed. I also made a bige ole lighthouse too one time. Got the ideas from this lady who published a book full of them. Her name is Sue Bailly her is the link to the book
http://www.plaidonline.com/productDetail.asp?itemID=9878&productName=&Cat1ID=2&Cat2ID=6&Cat3ID=32&brandID=&keywords=&New=False&Closeout=False&HotDeal=False&page=1

Thumbnail by ddbydeb

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 15, 2010
4:27 PM

Post #7891629

Now that is really clever Deb using a solar light like that. My DH would like it too. Very nifty.

ddbydeb
Summerville, SC
(Zone 9b)

June 15, 2010
4:30 PM

Post #7891641

Yes wish I could lay claim to coming up with the idea LOL! She has lots of great designs in her book. I am going to try those $1 solar lights and see how they do with some things.

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

June 15, 2010
5:04 PM

Post #7891738

Deb that is so cute!!

Well I should not brag about this cool weather becasue I know soon we will be have triple digets July and August are out hot months
barhea7
(Bre) Sellersville, PA
(Zone 7a)

June 16, 2010
5:29 AM

Post #7892912

Welcome Paula! You'll have a lot of fun here :)
Deb, that really is adorable.. you are a very good artist, it looks like something that was bought in a store! LOL
Have a great day ladies
Bre
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 16, 2010
6:14 AM

Post #7893028

Good Morning,

Thought I better stop by for a few before I pickup with the house cleaning. DH is off for a couple of months and I never realized how hard it is to work around him when he is here. He went to play golf this morning and I am tearing around cleaning like a madwoman!

Another rainy, cool day here. Maybe some bad storms later. I could pass on that if it's OK with everyone. :0)

Enjoy your day with whatever you have planned.

This is the new kitten , Pyewacket. He has figured out how to climb the screen to eave of the porch. He has also figured out how to get back down by himself. Good thing since I had to climb a ladder to rescue him.

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk

momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

June 16, 2010
6:24 AM

Post #7893057

My husband was laid off this last year and recently started a new job in May. I enjoy having him gone during the day cuz I get to clean , instead of waiting for him to get his butt out of bed to turn on the vacuum cleaner. =) He doesn't like the smell of some of my cleaners too.

Polyacre
Rapid City, SD
(Zone 4b)

June 16, 2010
8:36 AM

Post #7893502

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

What a clever idea for clay pots! I think I may have to try that myself!! I have sooo many clay pots just sitting around. This would be fun. I too am never good at coming up with my own ideas... But love to copy fun ones!
barhea7
(Bre) Sellersville, PA
(Zone 7a)

June 16, 2010
12:13 PM

Post #7894114

Adorable kitty!
My husband was laid off last year too. I actually enjoyed it, he gets up early so he got up with the kids, he isn't scared of the vacuum ;) and I even taught him how to cook!! LOL Now if I could just train him to do & put away the laundry I'd be set!!
Have a great day!
Bre
sissy70
Rushville, IN
(Zone 5b)

June 16, 2010
4:54 PM

Post #7894811

welcome polyacre glad to have you aboard
we have gotten over 7 inches of rain in the last week
been busy with the rush county youth group they are painting my house
there is 5 girls 1 boy and the group leader they are from all over none in my group are from Indiana 1 from Nebraska 1 from arizona 2from Illinois and 1 from Ohio.wonderful group sissy70

This message was edited Jun 16, 2010 6:56 PM
ddbydeb
Summerville, SC
(Zone 9b)

June 16, 2010
5:00 PM

Post #7894833

Oh that kitten in precious. I miss having little ones around my boys are all grown. Paula if oyy liek I can send you pics of some things I did and some thigns I have seen others do with clay pots. One year I made a Santa that was made of five 12" Clay Pots stacked one on top of each other. He we almost as big as me LOL I am 5'4". I had to wrap my arms aroud him and lift him to toe him aroun dit was a funny sight to see I imagine. He proved the power of E600 cement to me LOL! Alas he was weak and could not stand my husband backing into him with his F-150 and went to great clay pot in the sky. I think I will make 2 this year a Mr and Mrs for my yard.
hope43
Tulsa, OK
(Zone 7a)

June 16, 2010
7:14 PM

Post #7895288

Welcome new Paula.. the light hous eis so adorable, i can' makeanything not crafty..

the visits to and calls from cancer dr. has me a wreck and tired to.Friday is another one . monday went to ususal one she's not leaving till next month.. i have anothe rnew dr. also to see next month no 29th cancer dr.wants some more scans.next month is 2 appts.

Everyone be well, safe much happiness always. Thinking of you all.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 16, 2010
7:55 PM

Post #7895436

That inverted pot with a solar light on top is such a clever idea, Deb. The detail and imagination you put in your paintings is just beautiful. If you hadn't told me it was a Toad house, I would have sworn it was a lighthouse. I just adore them, and my dream is to visit every one on the East Coast. Well that's the short list, there's plenty more scattered around the Country and in Canada that are on my bucket list...lol The furthest one I've been to out West is Point Reyes just north of San Fran when I lived in California. I bet you've been there too, Cindy.

Welcome, pollyacre / Paula! Sometimes we're silly, sometimes we're sappy, sometimes we're pouty, sometimes we're downright rowdy, and sometimes we totally get off track --- now those are some of our best conversations! No matter what, we enjoy each other's company and you will too.

Neener, that little stinker is growing like a weed and is into everything...keep Cutie Pye's pics coming!

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 16, 2010
8:00 PM

Post #7895455

You're in my thoughts, Twyla, and am wishing you the best results from your tests. We're all here for you. Please keep us posted, OK?

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

June 16, 2010
8:14 PM

Post #7895506

LOL Susan, S.F. is only about a 1 1/2 hour drive for me and I have been there maybe a total of 10 times and have never been to Point Reyes

Twyla ((((((HUGS))))) take care sweetie and yes I got your gift Thank You
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 16, 2010
9:02 PM

Post #7895650

A bunch of us who worked together used to literally pile in my friend's Blazer with our luggage stuffed everywhere and drive from San Fran to Lake Tahoe every chance we got. We always went in the Winter when there were piles of snow in the Sierras and so many times we were stopped at the pass and told we had to put chains on the tires. Well over half my friends had been snow skiing all their lives, but not me raised in SC..water skiing was OK but snow was something else...lol. I tried to catch on but after a day of lessons, I gave up, sat in a comfy chair in the lodge with my feet prooped up, raed a good book and drank hot toddies while sitting next to a crackling fire in a huge stone fireplace.

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

June 16, 2010
9:15 PM

Post #7895677

LOL I tried to learn to snow ski also. First time I was on a pair of skis I was going down a small hill (Thank God) and I could not keep my legs and feet together they spread and I sat down...
left a blue streak down the hill. (had on brand new Levis) Never got on skis again
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

June 17, 2010
6:06 AM

Post #7896178

LOL FOTV...you're my type of girl. I helped take my son's FFA chapter to a local ski area here and did the same thing. Let all of them fall over in the snow, I'm quite happy by the fire with my book and anyone else that wants to chat for a while. I have never been on skis, don't wanna be, never will :-)

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

June 17, 2010
7:18 AM

Post #7896391

How about an old mule woman to join your b'day club? I am so late. Hate to start in the middle.
Beside the mule I do like to make wire jewelry. do ther crafts too and love my Flower gardens.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 17, 2010
7:26 AM

Post #7896418

Hey, Charlene!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

June 17, 2010
7:30 AM

Post #7896431

Hey, Fruity!! Think I'll be Welcome here??? I feel it already. Thanks
Polyacre
Rapid City, SD
(Zone 4b)

June 17, 2010
8:56 AM

Post #7896729

Thnks for the kind Welcome everyone !!

ddbydeb ... Sent you Dmail ! And hope you have a chance to make Mr and Mrs Santa... Send pics when you do..

hope43... Sending you {{{HUGGS}}} Hang in there!!! God Bless !

FOTV... Silly,sappy,pouty,rowdy sounds like my type of company !! Glad to be here... And I lived in San Mateo (N or San Fran) for 4 years. Youngest was born in San Fran.. Used to go to Lake Tahoe all the time..Was married their in a little white chaple.. Crazy days for sure!!! And used to hang out in Bodega Bay every chance we could... Ya know that's where they filmed the movie "The Birds" their.

ridesredmule... New here too !! Welcome and love your screen name !!

Paula

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 17, 2010
8:58 AM

Post #7896732

WOO HOO!!!! Charlene is here!! Yippee! I'll add you to the list as soon as you dmail me your birthday. Yippee Skippy!!!

Neener

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

June 17, 2010
9:22 AM

Post #7896774

Thank you. there's a reason for the name, wanna see???
Here is my Love Mule, Charley.

Thumbnail by ridesredmule

GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

June 17, 2010
9:55 AM

Post #7896853

Hi Charleen,
Welcome, how is all your flowers and brugs doing?

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

June 17, 2010
9:59 AM

Post #7896867

They are growing. but seems brugs are so slow I have adorn getting buds and it won't be much longer.
Been a wonderful year, except for being hot, could use some rain. Got my bogs going too.
How about you?? You doing o.k.???
GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

June 17, 2010
10:06 AM

Post #7896882

Doing great, staying busy. Trying to keep everything watered, I was hoping to plant a lot in the ground this year, but guess what, we are moving, so now I have to keep all this stuff watered. Tried to move most of it in one central location so that the sprinklers get it but these 100 degree days, they have to be watered every day and I don't run my sprinklers but twice a week. Takes 2 hours or so to water everything.

Have to say, traded for a lot of brugs this past fall. They are all potted up and blooming, but I think too much work. They really require water and is something else, keeping the bugs off of them. Might have to let someone else have those.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

June 17, 2010
10:22 AM

Post #7896913

Keep me in mine. I still owe you a Solomons Seal.
sissy70
Rushville, IN
(Zone 5b)

June 17, 2010
12:04 PM

Post #7897131

Twyla you have all my prayers and hugslots of them
hi ridesredmule welcome aboard hey everyone have a good evening
your friend sissy70---judy
barhea7
(Bre) Sellersville, PA
(Zone 7a)

June 17, 2010
3:26 PM

Post #7897592

Welcome ridesredmule!! The more the merrier :)
Bre

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

June 17, 2010
4:09 PM

Post #7897668

Thank you all, i am so glad to be with you.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 17, 2010
6:47 PM

Post #7898051

Yeah, Charlene...We have another October B-Day Gal in the house! Neener's in good company :)

LOL Di, Cindy and PolyPaula. I lived in Burlingame, rented one of those cottages behind a main house, took CalTrans to work and everywhere else, and had two jobs just so I could pay my bills and eat. Man the rent was high. And oh my gosh, I'd only been there 6 weeks when the Loma Prieta earthquake hit. Talk about a shocker shake! I didn't know if that was gonna be a regular routine -- watching my refrigerator walk across the floor and aliens take over my cabinet doors swinging them open and slamming them shut -- or if it was the really really big one and I was doomed.

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 18, 2010
5:46 AM

Post #7898851

Morning All!!

Before I forget, we are off on vacation early tomorrow. Hopefully there will be wireless service in the backwoods of Maine so I can get online and check in. Someone needs to run this rodeo. :0) In the even that you don't see me for a few days have no fear. I'll figure out something.

I must run. Still haven't got all the packing done. Sometimes I really dislike vacations. It seems like there is so much work involved in going and coming that it isn't worth it. Especially traveling with pets. Should be an interesting drive tomorrow. :0)

Later guys!

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk

GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

June 18, 2010
7:01 AM

Post #7899007

Have fun neener! Be safe!!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

June 18, 2010
7:12 AM

Post #7899048

Taking pets should be challege enough. I got a lot of critters to loe.
Enjoy yourself. Be safe...
Polyacre
Rapid City, SD
(Zone 4b)

June 18, 2010
7:34 AM

Post #7899101

FOTV.. I was also living there when Loma Prieta hit.. Hubby (Coast Guard) was stationed at Yerba Buena Island. So traveled that hwy all the time!! Sure glad he didn't work that dredfull day !! You sure sparked some old memories... I have taken Caltran many times.. But just for fun/shopping!

Paula
ddbydeb
Summerville, SC
(Zone 9b)

June 18, 2010
9:41 AM

Post #7899418

Welcome Charle! Love the mule! My dad was raised in the country and use dto ride a mule all the time. I can remember the sound of his voice when he would talk about riding that mule and plowing the fields. we just got some rain her and my gardens ar a happy campers! I am goign to pul some of the squash plants that have had soem bug bore into them and then plant new ones. Lucky for us we have a long growing season here just muggy as all get out. Still waiitng for the first lemon cuke though. The pepino is putting out tons of cukes though!
I dont know who love my green tomates more, me or the stick bugs LOL!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

June 18, 2010
9:46 AM

Post #7899432

I read if you know where that worm is in the squash you can cut it there, remove the worm and the squash will be o.k. Not tried it but may be worth the try. had a horse down the road whinny this morning and My Darling mule was answering it back. He is a sweetie. Went out with stale crackers, he eats them right out of my hand without harm, here comes one of the Donkey girls and she almost got me. But they love anything you give them. they love onions but don't like tomatoes.
hope43
Tulsa, OK
(Zone 7a)

June 18, 2010
10:20 AM

Post #7899531

Charleen, glad to see you in B. club to.. You know i love donkeys and all animals actually.when go to grocery store go by place had lots little donkeys not big at all. loved seeing them..

Thanks everyone i was letting it get to me but i have bound the devil no more cancer i plead. but the degenertive joint disease is very painful and hard to get around walk much. pulled few weeds this morning till heat got me very fast.

oh did someone say brugs hmmmmmmmm

Everyone be well safe... blessings.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 18, 2010
12:06 PM

Post #7899824

Have a great trip, Neener! You need me to babysit any critters?
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 18, 2010
12:18 PM

Post #7899867

Wish you could babysit some critters for me Fruit Loop. Got the neighbors to watch Argyle and we are taking the dog and Pye with us. It's worse than taking kids on a trip when you see all the stuff for them! Just hope we don't have any bad storms. i have enough trees down all over the place here.

I think I have it all ready. Whatever we have forgotten will just have to stay that way. I'll try to post pics of fish if we catch any.

In the meantime you ladies be well and try not to do anything I wouldn't do. For anyone that knows me, that means you can do whatever you want.. :0)))

ddbydeb
Summerville, SC
(Zone 9b)

June 18, 2010
12:20 PM

Post #7899881

Hope hope no one thinks I ma being intrusive but if we have any BD Survivors here would you please send me a DMail and let me know please. Its not for fundraising or anything I make things and would like to send something now and then to you. I lost a dear ,dear friend to the beast a few yrs back. She was a fighter to the MAX and always full of hope she showed me what true courage was. Here is picture she is in the pink. We were at a Donna Dewberry Convention
Deb

Thumbnail by ddbydeb

ddbydeb
Summerville, SC
(Zone 9b)

June 18, 2010
12:21 PM

Post #7899887

Have a fun and safe trip!
Deb

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

June 18, 2010
7:20 PM

Post #7901374

I know I've been MIA. I am so sorry to be so far behind, but I will be honoring all those whose birthdays I've missed. I'd love to stay and be part of the club.
love, julie
mcrochet
Marilyn Glen st. Mar, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 19, 2010
4:56 AM

Post #7901997

Ladies just checking in on you all. So glad the club is still going and I feel I left it in great hands. Neener is doing a great job! I hope you enjoy your vacation girl, you deserve it.
I got some good news last night and wanted to share with you all. I had planned a trip the end of June, (Va.), but things happened and I'm not going to get to go. But sons called me last night and a trip has been planned in August, all details have been worked out and taken care of, all I have to do is pack my bags and be ready when the car comes to pick me up. I am going to get to go back to Ohio to my hometown and spend a week with four of the sons and their families at a campground there which is owned by my first cousin! We are going to visit all the old stomping grounds where I grew up and go down memory lane! I am so excited! I haven't been home in so many years, I can't remember when I was there last. I just wanted to share with you all.
And Charlie! So glad to see you in the club! You will love it here. This is a group of GREAT ladies and their hostess is the one with the mostess. :)
Twyla that is great news! You sound so much better in your post. You are in my thoughts and prayers daily.
Chris sure do miss you. I hope you are settling in to your new home and loving it.
Love you all, and thank you all for keeping this great thread going. Maybe someday I will return as a member but not for a while.
Take care and if I don't make it back soon,,,keep your eye on these two,,(neener and Fruity) they can be a handful. :) lol
have a great day. ((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

June 19, 2010
7:06 AM

Post #7902262

I love it already!!!!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 19, 2010
7:38 AM

Post #7902343

Well isn't somebody's feeling their oats this morning and it ain't Charley...LOL Marilyn, I'll try to behave while Neener's on vacation, no promises though. I'm gonna miss you like crazy next week-end but you will be there in spirit. You've got some mighty fine sons treating you to a nostalgic visit "home" like that :) My trip down memory lane these days is the hair color aisle :0)

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

June 19, 2010
8:39 AM

Post #7902470

I'm letting mine turn grey, DH says "Your blonde roots are showing" I'm Brunette...
Charley Picture

mcrochet
Marilyn Glen st. Mar, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 19, 2010
3:43 PM

Post #7903493

Fruity I so wanted to make that trip. I have tried every way to get to go. I wanted to call Kris and see if she would ride with me, but put that off until I saw whether I was going to get to go or not. No need to have gotten both of our hopes up. But you all have a ball and do take lots of pics for those of us who couldn't make it. And give Neener and Chris a big hug for me.
bbl love that pic of Charlie. he's such a pretty color. You must post some pics for the girls to see of Charlie in his fine array of hats! :)

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

June 19, 2010
3:51 PM

Post #7903513

Are you Sure?. Charley is my Posin' mule.
Thunder sent me my hats in the hat swap, so here are the hats on Charley.
This is hat I like to mow in.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

June 19, 2010
3:52 PM

Post #7903516

This is a pretty one, love it!!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

June 19, 2010
3:54 PM

Post #7903522

This is a Camy with Ride Red on the front. Since he's red, it went well I thought.
I love this one too. I loved them all.

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 20, 2010
5:15 AM

Post #7904597

What a crack-up and looking quite dapper!

tishrh
Mount Vernon, OH

June 20, 2010
5:35 AM

Post #7904634

Hello. just wanted to thank Judy for the Birthday present. I just love it. It was nice of you to send it even though I am not in the club anymore. . But I just wanted to let Judy know that I recieved it and appreciated it.
Have a wonderful day everyone!
Tish

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

June 20, 2010
8:16 AM

Post #7904924

Fruity he is a spoilt, ruit wonderful mule-buddy.
sissy70
Rushville, IN
(Zone 5b)

June 20, 2010
8:53 AM

Post #7904963

your very welcome trish always your friend sissy70---judy
hope43
Tulsa, OK
(Zone 7a)

June 20, 2010
11:43 AM

Post #7905302

thought was a july what have i missed.. ?? oh dear when Sept. is a busy busy month..

take care , thinking of you all. here or not...
mcrochet
Marilyn Glen st. Mar, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 20, 2010
7:06 PM

Post #7906375

:) I knew you would all enjoy Charley and his hats. :) He's a handsome fella now isn't he?
Good night all, have a great day tomorrow and will be back again to check on you all.
Hope Neener is enjoying her vacation, and the weather is good for her. Asking for tropical breezes and sunshine her whole week. (and longer if you all need that type weather, :)
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 21, 2010
3:31 AM

Post #7906808

Good Morning Ladies!!

We arrived after a long day of driving and I am still tired. the animals seem to be settling in OK. We have a nice place, very quiet. Now if I could just sleep better...

It gets daylight up here at about 4AM. Miss you all and hope everyone s doing well. I'll be checking in. Cell phone doens't work, but the wireless laptop does.

Hugs to all!
Neener
mcrochet
Marilyn Glen st. Mar, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 21, 2010
4:51 AM

Post #7906849

Good Morning Neener!!!! Was just checking to see if you had checked in. :) glad you made your destination, now have a good time! That is an order! :)

and Clemie! If you still check the birthday club,,,Happy Birthday today!
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 21, 2010
10:48 AM

Post #7907724

Yeah Clem, Happy Birthday!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 21, 2010
6:37 PM

Post #7908904

Happy Birthday, Clemen! Where the heck have you been, Girlfriend? Probably my bad for not keeping up with you or your posts. Have a beautiful year and may all your blooms come true :)

Neener, I hope you're taking pics and it's cooler there. Of course Mickey pitched his regular fit when our maillady put your box on our porch this morning. Don't want to give away any of the surprises you sent, but they'll be a hit at our RU this week-end! Catch a bunch of big 'uns, enjoy your time away, and check in when you can. Geez, I sure do miss you.

Canna "Tropical Salmon" is blooming :)

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 21, 2010
7:09 PM

Post #7908993

OK Ladies!!

It was a good night on the dock. Don't look Fruity I have that shirt on you don't like. :0)

Caught this on a # 6 hook with a half chewed worm on it. Right after DH was fishing that same spot with one of his fancy doodads. ;))

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk

mcrochet
Marilyn Glen st. Mar, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 21, 2010
9:07 PM

Post #7909261

Oh Fruoty! don't tell Neener,,,but I don't like that shirt either! :)
Nice catch Neener!
GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

June 22, 2010
3:23 AM

Post #7909460

Way to go Neener, show up that hubby. My husband and I went this weekend saltwater fishing (he goes every Sat) I caught the biggest trout, he said it was about 4 1/2 lbs.
Fishing isn't my 'thing' but I enjoy saltwater fishing occasionally.

How long of a drive was that?
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 22, 2010
5:14 AM

Post #7909592

It was close to a 12 hour drive. Especially with all the stops for pet issues. I'm getting to set in my ways for drives like that. I read an entire novel from start to finish. Cold here this morning.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

June 22, 2010
6:37 AM

Post #7909768

Beautiful catch, have you cooked it yet?? Yummy!!!!
ddbydeb
Summerville, SC
(Zone 9b)

June 22, 2010
7:17 AM

Post #7909913

Clem happy Birthday late from me of course. Neener what a great catch was he as good as he/she looked? We fish very rarely (like once in 27 years LOL!)and I always toss em back I am a sissy when it comes to that I am afraid. ot lierk I didnt come from a famkily of hunters and fisherman I must have been the odd one out, go figure;). Weather is good and bad here for hte garden. Rain every afteroon as it heats up. My tomaotes look horrid from the bottom no leaves they keep turning brown and I chop them off. Typical for us when the summer gets here.
Everyone have a great and glorious day!
Deb
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 22, 2010
7:35 AM

Post #7909959

Well you know I had to look...lol, at the fish not your shirt. Nice bass. You two have a great time and send cool air South. And Deb we could use your rain.

I like saltwater fishing too, GA. Who cares if you catch anything with views like that.

sissy70
Rushville, IN
(Zone 5b)

June 22, 2010
10:26 AM

Post #7910398

FOTV iwill that canna flower grow in zone 5 because i got some seed in a trade only there yellow in the picture sissy70 judy
I was checking the label and it says canna glauca ra aquatic is this what yours are

This message was edited Jun 22, 2010 12:36 PM
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 22, 2010
10:49 AM

Post #7910459

Nita, like the fish but loved your proud smile And, speaking about fish,
Susan brought Ray and me a delicious Catfish. Thank you so much
Susan, lol please feel free to do that anytime...deliciousssssssssss.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 22, 2010
12:45 PM

Post #7910754

Well shucks we didn't eat him. This is a catch and release zone for bass. I am keeping yellow perch and big bluegills. Forgot what fun it is to clean fish in the dark with a dull knife. ;0)

Met a lovely lady this morning on our walkabout. She lives up the road here and has a really pretty garden in the woods. We talked gardening for quite some time.

Be back later. Time for an early dinner so we can be back for prime fishing time.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 22, 2010
6:24 PM

Post #7911749

One of the two of the cooler days we were on vacation, Faye, is when DH caught your Catfish. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. A friend back here at home fed Kitty Shadow and bribed us with the other one or it would have been yours too.

Sissy, There are so many different Cannas. Some set seeds and other's don't. And sure, they'll grow and bloom in your Zone but Cannas aren't hardy past Zone 7 or 8 even with a thick layer of mulch. Neener gave me that one, it's name is "Tropical Salmon". You can grow Cannas in a pot, cut the leaves back after your 1st frost, lift the rhizomes, store them inside over Winter in a closet or a place that doesn't freeze, and plant then again next Spring when they'll come back good as new.
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

June 22, 2010
8:41 PM

Post #7912200

Baby alert! Don't look if you don't want to see babies LOL..

I took this pic on Saturday at the St Louis zoo..Kailey on her first carosel ride.. she was hot and tired and never smiled once :) It's so unusual for her to not be a happy baby, that I just love this pic! Oh..and she's getting her first tooth finally, on the bottom jaw..she's 8 month's old now :)

Thumbnail by ClanCampbell

momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

June 23, 2010
4:30 AM

Post #7912639

I just want to squeeze her chubber cheeks! =) She's a cutie. She does look extremely tired and I'm sure she was hot too. Great picture. I have to keep telling myself NO MORE BABIES,NO MORE BABIES! LOL. I have a boy (2) and a girl (3 1/2) and I'm good and very blessed!

Erin

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

June 23, 2010
7:23 AM

Post #7913068

SHE IS SOOOOOOOO PRETTY!! i LOVE THE PICTURE. Look at that face, she is so precious...
Polyacre
Rapid City, SD
(Zone 4b)

June 23, 2010
7:35 AM

Post #7913119

Such a cutie pa tutie !!!
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 23, 2010
12:09 PM

Post #7913868

Man I wish I could send some of this cool weather to you all. This is what I kept from last night's adventure in fishing. My Mom and Dad expressed an interest in having some fish brought back, so I am keeping the "keepers". Let me know if you all need a new thread. Since I don't have dial up anymore it's hard to know when it is loading slowly.

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk

dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 23, 2010
2:08 PM

Post #7914198

Chris,That baby is adorable. Fish look good too. sure would enjoy fishing with a catch like that.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 23, 2010
8:09 PM

Post #7915234

Kailey gets more adorable every day, Chris...course I didn't have to tell you that :) She's been a cutie since the day she was born, I could just pinch her cheeks!

Hey Neener, I miss you like crazy!

Edited to say: Hubby's in 7th heaven seeing the fish you caught and said to tell you and Faye, and any other fishing nuts here, he's ready to go fiishing with you!

This message was edited Jun 23, 2010 10:11 PM
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 24, 2010
6:42 AM

Post #7916016

Susan, one question for Hubby, WHEN?
Love you lady1
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

June 24, 2010
7:43 AM

Post #7916152

Anybody got a boat and want to come to Lake Cumberland, I'm waiting for you. Found a guy who will take me out on the lake for stripes, but the cost is $250.00 for 2 people for 6 hours or until limit is caught which ever comes first. I wish I could afford it. Oh and there is a $50.00 fee for each additional person.
Polyacre
Rapid City, SD
(Zone 4b)

June 24, 2010
7:43 AM

Post #7916155

Well just have to share with all of you my DH only catch of the day fishing on Father's Day! I couldn't stop laughing... !!!

Thumbnail by Polyacre

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

June 24, 2010
8:06 AM

Post #7916206

Are you sure that isn't the bait??? too widdle to eat. Nice picture, he looks happy at his catch...☺
Polyacre
Rapid City, SD
(Zone 4b)

June 24, 2010
1:13 PM

Post #7917074

I know, poor guy! But he didn't mind, he is so light hearted.. And the Grandkids loved it
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 24, 2010
3:04 PM

Post #7917404

Poly, that picture is worthy of framing.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 24, 2010
6:30 PM

Post #7917934

Ok all. This is probably the last fishing update. I know you'll be glad about that. :) Not much happening tonight, but I did get this...

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 24, 2010
6:33 PM

Post #7917946

Hey Joy... you out there? Was thinking of you today. We took a little drive and the wild lupines were everywhere!

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 25, 2010
3:16 PM

Post #7920399

I'll be heading home tomorrow so I'll start a new thread on Sunday when I come up for air. Everyone have a nice weekend and stay cool. It looks like it's going to be hot everywhere.

Hugs,
Neener
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

June 25, 2010
3:21 PM

Post #7920405

The weather is alright here, its the mosquitos I could do without! I can't even go out for long periods without coming in with 10 bites.

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

June 25, 2010
5:18 PM

Post #7920635

We woke up to rain this morning, lol. Low 80's today and tomorrow but come Sunday 101, then back down to high 80's for all of next week. I will be leaving on Monday for camping and won't be back until the next Monday. So I'll get to show of my fish ( that's if I catch any, lol)

Have a Good Weekend!!!!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

June 25, 2010
5:29 PM

Post #7920664

Catch one for me. Been a long time since I been fishing. Have fun!!! Stay safe...

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

June 25, 2010
6:31 PM

Post #7920792

Neener, love the lupines!!!!! I am sitting in Atlanta's airport waiting for my flight to board. Been to Ohio to judge a sheepdog trial today. Major difference in teh weather here as well. I am not looking forward to returning to that 100 degree weather.

Love the fish y'all are catching! My Dad always took me fishing with him when I was younger.

Oops gotta go,

Joy
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

June 26, 2010
1:52 PM

Post #7922802

Hey Barhea, could you please put up a new likes/wants under the new thread. I'm trying to get some ideas for you bday present.

Thanks,Erin
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 26, 2010
8:26 PM

Post #7923703

That Lupine field is gorgeous, Neener! Course DH has been drooling over your bass more. I miss you...are you home yet?

How did your trials go in Ohio, Joy? Geez Girlie, you get around. Sure wish I could be a fly on your wall or camper.

You're so fond of fishing too, Cindy. Have a great time next week, you really deserve a few days off, and hope you catch a bunch of big 'ums. I've been thinking about you. How's your Mom doing?

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

June 26, 2010
8:47 PM

Post #7923750

Fruity, my mom is doing real good. She is walking with a cane. She gets brave and walks short distances with out it. She is able to stand at the sink to wash dishes and cook meals. My grandson is going to come and stay a couple of nights with her while I'm gone. She has been too dependent on me lately (duh wonder why) and I am trying to slowly break her of it. I will be gone alot this summer. Doug and I are going to be doing some traveling on the scooter. My daughter lives close by so if she REALLY needs something she can call her. I hope I catch some big ones too, lol. Where we are going the fishing has been really good. The lake is full for the first time in 4 years and they have been planting about 3 times a week since March 1st. Plus they raise their own fish and release them when they get to about 4 pounds. Some of the fish are tagged. Which means if you get a tagged one you win a prize. The biggest prize is $100. The first time I caught a tagged one I won a red baseball cap, lol. I am so looking forward to this trip. I know we will have a great time. I am not taking the fishing boat, but we are taking a raft, lol. So that should be fun :-)
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 27, 2010
7:46 AM

Post #7924547

Good report for your Mom. Sounds like you'll e floatin down the river of love...

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

June 27, 2010
8:25 AM

Post #7924679

Weeeellll, lol he has asked me twice now to marry him. But I told him "No" at least not for 3 or 4 years. I want to make sure we are really right for each other and can put with each others faults. I am disabled so I don't work, he is filing for SSD (his back was broke in 3 places about 11 years ago) and is not working right now. So I don't know if I will be able to handle being with him 24/7, lol. I'm the type of person that likes to do what I want to do and nobody is going to tell me I can't. A couple of men in my past tried that and they found out that I'm my own boss, lol.

So these rides that we are going to take over the next couple of years will be a test, lol.
We are planning on riding to the next Sistah's Reunion which will be at Seedtosser1/Judy's in Wisconsin next year.

It is going to be hot today so I need to get in gear and get things done outside.

TTYL :-)
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 27, 2010
10:23 AM

Post #7924980

Come on over to the new thread everyone!!!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1111492/
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1111492/
footpath
Bossier City, LA
(Zone 8b)

July 10, 2010
4:54 AM

Post #7956848

Hi
Was just wondering if it was too late to join this swap? Thanks Dianne
Birthday July 31
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 10, 2010
11:08 AM

Post #7957630

Hi Dianne! There isn't a time limit on this club, but it may be a little late this month for some folks to send to you. Everyone has checked in and seen that there aren't any birthdays this month. How about this? If you want to join the club I'll add your name to the list. Because your birthday is later this month if people wish to send something to you I would suggest that they just send a card this year and then we'll have you on the books for next year as a full fledged member.

If that's OK with you, dmail me and I'll add you in.

Thanks for asking and welcome!!
Neener

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

July 10, 2010
11:19 AM

Post #7957654

Put your like and dislikes on the thread, don't want to send something you don't like And I need wrist sizes and favorite colors and pierced or non-pierced ears too.
Polyacre, We need your likes and dislikes Please too.
Help me out here, Folks. so I can make you bracelets or earrings.
Thanks
Charleen
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1107561/

This message was edited Jul 10, 2010 1:21 PM
darkmoondreamer
(Karen) Frankston, TX
(Zone 8a)

July 27, 2010
7:43 PM

Post #8001186

may post at a later date

This message was edited Jul 27, 2010 9:58 PM

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
ZZ's - Star-Studded - 'Tomato Seed Round-Robin'. ZZTOPSOIL 335 Aug 8, 2007 11:54 PM
CLOSED: Any newbies wanna start a round robin? kaykay1010 134 Dec 14, 2010 6:31 PM
Spring Fever RR Crimson 146 Apr 13, 2007 12:08 PM
Houseplant Swap snboyken 146 Apr 30, 2007 12:59 PM
Yesterday's News Robin's Resurrection sign-up here Gourd 284 Jul 11, 2007 4:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America