Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Introduction to Bougainvillea: Thanks for the great article

Communities > Forums > Article: Introduction to Bougainvillea
bookmark
Forum: Article: Introduction to BougainvilleaReplies: 0, Views: 24
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
SunnyRegards
Saint Peters, MO

June 14, 2010
5:37 AM

Post #7886886

Wow Oh Wow what color! You definitely gave me warm climate envy and your breathtaking photos are a midsummer's night Midwesterner's dream. In the Polynesia Islands gardeners place many cinder block in their garden to use as a stand for black nursery pots of bougainvillea. When I asked if they were holding areas they advised it was the way they gardened. Due to the consistent warm temperatures the bougainvillea would become out of control and rampant but this way the varieties and colors could be displayed and managed as a prized plant. I have been very successful in my attempts to over winter bougainvillea but the wretched thorns get me every time. Perhaps I should consider bonsai, yours are magnificent.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Introduction to Bougainvillea Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Propagation jjacques 0 Jun 14, 2010 12:23 AM
bougainvillea arborea capcarl 2 Jun 14, 2010 6:49 AM
Bougainvillea article bromeliade 0 Jun 14, 2010 7:47 AM
Bougainvillea article mimika 0 Jun 14, 2010 9:32 AM
bougainvillea article otter47 0 Jun 14, 2010 2:59 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America