Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Walking in a Flowering Winter Wonderland: Weigela Wine and Roses

Communities > Forums > Article: Walking in a Flowering Winter Wonderland
bookmark
Forum: Article: Walking in a Flowering Winter WonderlandReplies: 0, Views: 18
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
AngelaRose1966
Newark, OH

June 14, 2010
9:21 AM

Post #7887470

Our Weigela is one of my favorite shrubs. It is about 6.5' tall, and 3' wide. Each year I wait for it to flower, and know that the hummingbirds are not far behind. This is one of their favorite flowers in our garden! I've never had a disease, pest, or problem with this shrub. I'm in zone 5a, and it does just fine. Very little care is needed, and it flowers profusely each spring! We did make sure that we planted one of them by our porch in order to see the little hummingbirds when they flutter around it. Other than that, we have 2 more of these shrubs that are planted in wide open space. Wind doesn't seem to affect them, as they are very strongly rooted. I look forward to their beauty each year!

Thumbnail by AngelaRose1966
Click the image for an enlarged view.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Walking in a Flowering Winter Wonderland Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Iceflowers only - here in Ontario! binibusybee 3 Jan 3, 2010 4:33 PM
WINTER FLOWERS hdown_y 4 Jan 17, 2011 11:06 AM
Winter gardening ladyfoz 0 Jan 21, 2010 9:00 PM
Winter Gardens milet 0 Jan 14, 2013 5:04 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America