Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Our June Garden Pictures

Ripley, MS

I begged for this beauty last year, Bonnie and Cindy both posted pictures of it and I just did not understand how both of them could have it and I didn't--so now I do, and it is much prettier in person than in the pictures !! She still lives in a pot--but she is going into the new bed this fall.
Thank you both !!

Swedish Girl

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

I also begged for this one and Cindy took care of me--I love it too-it is much prettier in person than the pictures also, thanks Cindy

Hollywood Lights

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

Darla Anita--I love this flower when it opens enough to see it--some days it is in the afternoon when all the chicken fat finally lets it open. It has had several blooms before this one but was not anywhere near open enough to take the picture when I made my rounds.

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

I have something besides daylilies, see bee balm--oops looks like Highland Lord slipped into the picture

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

I traded for this one last spring, but it didn't bloom until today

Echoes of Mercy

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

Change of Heart--Terrye posted this one yesterday, and I have posted it before, but I just can't help making it's picture, it is the most amazing red, I think I have ever seen
Terrye gave me my start of it.

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

Crinum, just now blooming, it is in the shade most of the day

Thumbnail by slcdms
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

All are beautiful, Sandra!--even the bee balm! LOL

I haven't been out to take any more pictures--was too busy weeding early this morning and glad to get that done. I still have a few more RU plants to get into the ground but they will have to wait until tomorrow morning early.

Ripley, MS

Sophisticated Lady

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

Marilyn, it was hot when I got up this morning--I have already cooked for today--we will warm in the microwave for supper, I knew if I didn't cook early it would be too hot this afternoon !

Kathy Ann, can you give me the name of this bee balm, it is the one where the top leaves turn red too

Thumbnail by slcdms
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

well, I'm not Kathy Ann but I know she has a "Fireball" monarda and she also gave me Jacob Cline which is red but yours appears to be not as much of a true red--more of a raspberry red. there is also a raspberry monarda, but Charlotte gave me that one. I don't know if KA has it.

Ripley, MS

I don't know if this one came from Kathy Ann or from Terrye, I have the Jacob Cline in front of the trailer, I have a picture of it today also, the rest of the pictures from today are here
http://picasaweb.google.com/slcdm12/20100614June142010#

That is the only bee balm I have that the leaves also turn at the top of the stem

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

I have a couple of bee balms that I lost the tag on, as well as this beauty.

Thumbnail by crissyr

Sandra your pics are gorgeous! I keep looking at yours for ID for mine that I have lost the tags on. lol!

Here's my 1' Bee Balm

Thumbnail by crissyr

Here's my 6' Bee Balm.

Thumbnail by crissyr
Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Sandra, you have some beauties! Darla Anita has bloomed for the first time for me this year. Awesome.

Anna Sebring is a hit today in my gardens.

Thumbnail by ButterflyChaser

I found out that my camera has an automatic sun filter, if I wait for about 3 seconds after I get the green square that the pic is ready to take, it will flip down. Duh!!

Thumbnail by crissyr
Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

I finally have the REAL Ida's Magic. I've traded for it and bought it several times before getting the real McCoy. Isn't she lovely?

Here's a Fairy Tale Pink

Thumbnail by crissyr
Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Edith Sliger blows my mind!

OOOO Nancy Ann, she's gorgeous! I love the ruffled pedals.

Luna Hibiscus

Thumbnail by crissyr
Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Nectar of the Nile

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Autumn Wood is awesome!

What in the world is going on with DG here... Let's try this again.

Thumbnail by crissyr
Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

This little guy was almost culled from the garden this year. I made up my mind last year that he wasn't impressive enough to stay, so he got on the ball and wowed me this year. He's a bit schizophrenic, starting out a bright red in the morning but by afternoon, he's this glowing neon pink! Who said guys don't look good in pink?

Enon

Ripley, MS

Cindy gave me Edith Sliger last fall, but it died through the winter, and hers died in the flood. We will get to enjoy your pictures of her. It is a pretty one

Crissy your triple orange is Kwanso !! Very invasive

NA they look edible, like they would taste like their colors!

Thumbnail by crissyr
Ripley, MS

Crissy, the daylilies are edible, every part of them, even the roots !!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Sandra I see why you begged for Swedish Girl! She is gorgeous.

Nancy Ann love your Edith Sliger.

Cleaning house today getting ready for my GS to come in tonight. Got to bake chocolate chip cookies next. He wouldn't know what to think if he came to Mimi's and no chocolate chip cookies.

Thanks Sandra!! They didn't bloom like this last year, in fact I don't think they bloomed at all. I couldn't believe it when I went out to my fence yesterday morning! I didn't know I was capable of growing such beauty!

Here's a Pompus Grass/Elephant Ear garden

Thumbnail by crissyr

I did not know this! hhhmmmmmmm...

Thumbnail by crissyr

LOL Charlotte, I'll be over at 5:15.

My hosta's all have plumes.

Thumbnail by crissyr
Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Yes, daylilies are edible. I've toyed with the idea of hosting a garden party and letting guests pick a few to eat. I hear the buds taste better than the blooms.

Crissy your hibiscus looks like either Luna Blush or Clown. I have some too and I love them. I want Turn of the Century which looks similar too.

I didn't know bee balm got 6 ft tall. What kind is it? I want one!! Mine get about 2 ft tall.

Fairy Tale Pink is one of my favorites too. I have several clumps of it--the only daylily I have multiple clumps of.

Becky Lynn is another old favorite. I just love the pinks!

I got it at Lowes and all the tag says is "Luna Hibiscus" which tells me their nursery doesn't know. That's funny. My Kopper King bloomed out this morning, I'm going to get a pic of that this evening. Looks almost like the Luna Blush/Clown.

Front flowerbed before weeding...

Thumbnail by crissyr
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Crissy, I have Fairy Tale Pink, also, but your photo shows the color better--must be that filter you just discovered! LOL

Very nice photos, Sandra, NA and Crissy. It's so nice to be able to see everybody else's flowers in bloom. :o))

Charlotte, grandsons never outgrow chocolate chip cookies! :o))

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Grown children never out grow chocolate chip cookies. When my son was growing up I made a batch every week. He still expects them from me. And now DIL expects them too! LOL They say mine are better than any other. Every time I go visit the first thing I have to do is make chocolate chip cookies. Several times a year I actually ship them a batch. These are home made from scratch .

It must be! I wasn't waiting long enough for the filter to come down before I clicked the pic, I just need to listen to Dave and S l o w D o w n! LOL Makes me wonder what other functions the camera has that I don't know about.

I went to download and upload my pics from my camera yesterday and someone had taken my chair!

Thumbnail by crissyr
Lakeland / Memphis, TN(Zone 7a)

Sandra - I have Edith Sliger and will make sure you and Cindy get one.

Kim - "you are not right" ! Did you make up that PMSL ?????

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Sandra, I gave away alot of Cambridge scarlet, and gardenvew scarlet To me they look alot alike,

that's definitely not fireball. my fireball is a diff color red than that one. it's hard to id those red monardas.

I also have a raspberry wine monarda and that's probably what Charlotte has also. I don't think there is one called raspberry red.

it's been so hot, i'm making a promise to myself never plant another plant again after june 1st, they will stay in pots till the next spring. i've had to water the new plants way too much and watering the veggie garden on top of that is really rough.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.