Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Mid-South Gardening: Our June Garden Pictures

Communities > Forums > Mid-South Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Mid-South GardeningReplies: 236, Views: 789
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

June 14, 2010
11:03 AM

Post #7887765

I begged for this beauty last year, Bonnie and Cindy both posted pictures of it and I just did not understand how both of them could have it and I didn't--so now I do, and it is much prettier in person than in the pictures !! She still lives in a pot--but she is going into the new bed this fall.
Thank you both !!

Swedish Girl

Thumbnail by slcdms
Click the image for an enlarged view.

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

June 14, 2010
11:05 AM

Post #7887771

I also begged for this one and Cindy took care of me--I love it too-it is much prettier in person than the pictures also, thanks Cindy

Hollywood Lights

Thumbnail by slcdms

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

June 14, 2010
11:06 AM

Post #7887777

Darla Anita--I love this flower when it opens enough to see it--some days it is in the afternoon when all the chicken fat finally lets it open. It has had several blooms before this one but was not anywhere near open enough to take the picture when I made my rounds.

Thumbnail by slcdms

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

June 14, 2010
11:07 AM

Post #7887781

I have something besides daylilies, see bee balm--oops looks like Highland Lord slipped into the picture

Thumbnail by slcdms

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

June 14, 2010
11:09 AM

Post #7887788

I traded for this one last spring, but it didn't bloom until today

Echoes of Mercy

Thumbnail by slcdms

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

June 14, 2010
11:10 AM

Post #7887792

Change of Heart--Terrye posted this one yesterday, and I have posted it before, but I just can't help making it's picture, it is the most amazing red, I think I have ever seen
Terrye gave me my start of it.

Thumbnail by slcdms

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

June 14, 2010
11:11 AM

Post #7887795

Crinum, just now blooming, it is in the shade most of the day

Thumbnail by slcdms

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

June 14, 2010
11:12 AM

Post #7887798

All are beautiful, Sandra!--even the bee balm! LOL

I haven't been out to take any more pictures--was too busy weeding early this morning and glad to get that done. I still have a few more RU plants to get into the ground but they will have to wait until tomorrow morning early.

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

June 14, 2010
11:12 AM

Post #7887799

Sophisticated Lady

Thumbnail by slcdms

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

June 14, 2010
11:14 AM

Post #7887807

Marilyn, it was hot when I got up this morning--I have already cooked for today--we will warm in the microwave for supper, I knew if I didn't cook early it would be too hot this afternoon !

Kathy Ann, can you give me the name of this bee balm, it is the one where the top leaves turn red too

Thumbnail by slcdms

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

June 14, 2010
11:18 AM

Post #7887813

well, I'm not Kathy Ann but I know she has a "Fireball" monarda and she also gave me Jacob Cline which is red but yours appears to be not as much of a true red--more of a raspberry red. there is also a raspberry monarda, but Charlotte gave me that one. I don't know if KA has it.

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

June 14, 2010
11:25 AM

Post #7887826

I don't know if this one came from Kathy Ann or from Terrye, I have the Jacob Cline in front of the trailer, I have a picture of it today also, the rest of the pictures from today are here
http://picasaweb.google.com/slcdm12/20100614June142010#

That is the only bee balm I have that the leaves also turn at the top of the stem
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2010
12:02 PM

Post #7887923

I have a couple of bee balms that I lost the tag on, as well as this beauty.

Thumbnail by crissyr

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2010
12:03 PM

Post #7887930

Sandra your pics are gorgeous! I keep looking at yours for ID for mine that I have lost the tags on. lol!

Here's my 1' Bee Balm

Thumbnail by crissyr

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2010
12:04 PM

Post #7887935

Here's my 6' Bee Balm.

Thumbnail by crissyr

ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

June 14, 2010
12:07 PM

Post #7887943

Sandra, you have some beauties! Darla Anita has bloomed for the first time for me this year. Awesome.

Anna Sebring is a hit today in my gardens.

Thumbnail by ButterflyChaser

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2010
12:09 PM

Post #7887947

I found out that my camera has an automatic sun filter, if I wait for about 3 seconds after I get the green square that the pic is ready to take, it will flip down. Duh!!

Thumbnail by crissyr

ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

June 14, 2010
12:09 PM

Post #7887950

I finally have the REAL Ida's Magic. I've traded for it and bought it several times before getting the real McCoy. Isn't she lovely?

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2010
12:10 PM

Post #7887952

Here's a Fairy Tale Pink

Thumbnail by crissyr

ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

June 14, 2010
12:11 PM

Post #7887956

Edith Sliger blows my mind!

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2010
12:12 PM

Post #7887959

OOOO Nancy Ann, she's gorgeous! I love the ruffled pedals.

Luna Hibiscus

Thumbnail by crissyr

ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

June 14, 2010
12:12 PM

Post #7887961

Nectar of the Nile

ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

June 14, 2010
12:13 PM

Post #7887966

Autumn Wood is awesome!

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2010
12:14 PM

Post #7887969

What in the world is going on with DG here... Let's try this again.

Thumbnail by crissyr

ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

June 14, 2010
12:15 PM

Post #7887974

This little guy was almost culled from the garden this year. I made up my mind last year that he wasn't impressive enough to stay, so he got on the ball and wowed me this year. He's a bit schizophrenic, starting out a bright red in the morning but by afternoon, he's this glowing neon pink! Who said guys don't look good in pink?

Enon

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

June 14, 2010
12:16 PM

Post #7887979

Cindy gave me Edith Sliger last fall, but it died through the winter, and hers died in the flood. We will get to enjoy your pictures of her. It is a pretty one

Crissy your triple orange is Kwanso !! Very invasive
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2010
12:16 PM

Post #7887980

NA they look edible, like they would taste like their colors!

Thumbnail by crissyr

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

June 14, 2010
12:17 PM

Post #7887983

Crissy, the daylilies are edible, every part of them, even the roots !!

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2010
12:19 PM

Post #7887987

Sandra I see why you begged for Swedish Girl! She is gorgeous.

Nancy Ann love your Edith Sliger.

Cleaning house today getting ready for my GS to come in tonight. Got to bake chocolate chip cookies next. He wouldn't know what to think if he came to Mimi's and no chocolate chip cookies.
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2010
12:21 PM

Post #7888015

Thanks Sandra!! They didn't bloom like this last year, in fact I don't think they bloomed at all. I couldn't believe it when I went out to my fence yesterday morning! I didn't know I was capable of growing such beauty!

Here's a Pompus Grass/Elephant Ear garden

Thumbnail by crissyr

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2010
12:25 PM

Post #7888024

I did not know this! hhhmmmmmmm...

Thumbnail by crissyr

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2010
12:26 PM

Post #7888026

LOL Charlotte, I'll be over at 5:15.
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2010
12:27 PM

Post #7888029

My hosta's all have plumes.

Thumbnail by crissyr

ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

June 14, 2010
12:29 PM

Post #7888035

Yes, daylilies are edible. I've toyed with the idea of hosting a garden party and letting guests pick a few to eat. I hear the buds taste better than the blooms.

Crissy your hibiscus looks like either Luna Blush or Clown. I have some too and I love them. I want Turn of the Century which looks similar too.

I didn't know bee balm got 6 ft tall. What kind is it? I want one!! Mine get about 2 ft tall.

Fairy Tale Pink is one of my favorites too. I have several clumps of it--the only daylily I have multiple clumps of.

Becky Lynn is another old favorite. I just love the pinks!

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2010
12:33 PM

Post #7888047

I got it at Lowes and all the tag says is "Luna Hibiscus" which tells me their nursery doesn't know. That's funny. My Kopper King bloomed out this morning, I'm going to get a pic of that this evening. Looks almost like the Luna Blush/Clown.

Front flowerbed before weeding...

Thumbnail by crissyr

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

June 14, 2010
12:36 PM

Post #7888057

Crissy, I have Fairy Tale Pink, also, but your photo shows the color better--must be that filter you just discovered! LOL

Very nice photos, Sandra, NA and Crissy. It's so nice to be able to see everybody else's flowers in bloom. :o))

Charlotte, grandsons never outgrow chocolate chip cookies! :o))

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2010
12:53 PM

Post #7888103

Grown children never out grow chocolate chip cookies. When my son was growing up I made a batch every week. He still expects them from me. And now DIL expects them too! LOL They say mine are better than any other. Every time I go visit the first thing I have to do is make chocolate chip cookies. Several times a year I actually ship them a batch. These are home made from scratch .
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2010
12:55 PM

Post #7888110

It must be! I wasn't waiting long enough for the filter to come down before I clicked the pic, I just need to listen to Dave and S l o w D o w n! LOL Makes me wonder what other functions the camera has that I don't know about.

I went to download and upload my pics from my camera yesterday and someone had taken my chair!

Thumbnail by crissyr

n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

June 14, 2010
3:35 PM

Post #7888567

Sandra - I have Edith Sliger and will make sure you and Cindy get one.

Kim - "you are not right" ! Did you make up that PMSL ?????

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2010
3:45 PM

Post #7888597

Sandra, I gave away alot of Cambridge scarlet, and gardenvew scarlet To me they look alot alike,

that's definitely not fireball. my fireball is a diff color red than that one. it's hard to id those red monardas.

I also have a raspberry wine monarda and that's probably what Charlotte has also. I don't think there is one called raspberry red.

it's been so hot, i'm making a promise to myself never plant another plant again after june 1st, they will stay in pots till the next spring. i've had to water the new plants way too much and watering the veggie garden on top of that is really rough.

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

June 14, 2010
4:03 PM

Post #7888687

I know that feeling--it is too hot for watering --it probably evaporates before it hits the ground

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2010
4:10 PM

Post #7888708

Yes mine is raspberry wine. At least I'm assuming that's what it is. It looks like it. I've had it for years and years.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2010
4:12 PM

Post #7888711

I hope I can keep all those new plants alive, anything else is living in it's pot LOL

here's some red monardas I have

Gardenview scarlet

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2010
4:14 PM

Post #7888715

BTW I like that sweedish girl, alot of the others are georgious also

jacob's cline

I posted this on the other thread, or one like it.

will give you something to compare yours to

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2010
4:14 PM

Post #7888717

Cambridge scarlet monarda

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2010
4:15 PM

Post #7888720

Fireball is more fushia colored

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2010
4:15 PM

Post #7888726

A new one, Mohawk. I know that this isn't your monarda I just got this one this year.

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

June 14, 2010
4:21 PM

Post #7888740

Funny KA - when Terrye, Sandra and I were at that nursery the other day, I bought a monarda thinking you wouldn't have it and I'd have something to share with you. What was I thinking?

Indian Love Call - did you give me this one Sandra ? This is the first year I have seen it bloom and I've had it 2-3 years (because the deer would eat it before I ever saw the blooms)

Thumbnail by n2birds

n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

June 14, 2010
4:23 PM

Post #7888749

Wedding Bells - Terrye didn't you give me this one ? Again- I think this is the first year I've seen it bloom (I sure am glad I moved all these daylilies)

Thumbnail by n2birds

n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

June 14, 2010
4:26 PM

Post #7888756

Yin (I had bought the pair Yin and Yang and I lost Yang - hope that isn't bad luck lol)

Thumbnail by n2birds

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

June 14, 2010
4:49 PM

Post #7888818

I have Indian Love call Bonnie, I probably did share with you, I would love to have a piece of your Edith Sliger, and I am sure Cindy would too.

Kathy Ann, it is not really important that I know the names of the monarda--I just wondered, because it is the only one that the top leaves change colors. It is also in the shade more than the others I have, so that could be why it does that.
Yours are all beautiful
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2010
4:59 PM

Post #7888839

I know Sandra, seems likealot of my top leaves change color on the red ones .

Soooo, Bonnie, which monarda did you get?

I lost all my dwarf ones, the pink delight, marshalls delight and one other pink one I forget the name. but I'm not sure I have room for any more LOL

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

June 14, 2010
5:26 PM

Post #7888902

wonder why the dwarf ones died, was it from the bad winter, do you think?
OutsidePlaying
Laceys Spring, AL
(Zone 7a)

June 14, 2010
5:27 PM

Post #7888903

Wow, the DLs just keep getting prettier and prettier and I'm seeing more and more I love.

Bonnie, I saw your post on the old thread and I would love it if you and others have some to share. I'm about done with moving things around this summer, but this fall I'll definitely take ya'll up on that offer. I will have at least some of mine to divide and share also: Bama Bella, Ida's Magic (mine is the real deal too), some NOIDs, Barbara Mitchell, Elizabeth Salter, and maybe 1-2 others depending on how well they keep growing this year. So let me know if I need to put your name on any. I had a few DLs when we first built our house here but sorta neglected the DL growing for a number of years. No time and I was busy getting other beds with shrubs, the veggie garden, etc established. Now I'm down to rearranging and putting in things I really love. Thanks again for the offer!
Elaine

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

June 14, 2010
5:38 PM

Post #7888942

Elaine, I have not forgot you--just have not been able to dig this spring--maybe by fall, I am almost afraid to say anything, but I really think my back is doing some better, of course that can change, but it seems to be doing better.
I am hoping I can get back on that shovel by fall, cause I have lots to do out there !!
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

June 14, 2010
6:17 PM

Post #7889071

Bonnie, I think your "wedding bells" is actually Wedding Band. Wedding Bells is a primrose yellow, a 1957 cultivar, before ruffled edges. Yours looks just like my Wedding Band.
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2010
6:38 PM

Post #7889142

I found this cool Luna Hibiscus website, check it out.
http://www.bigdipperfarm.com/cgi-bin/searchstuff.pl?Botanical=Hibiscus

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2010
6:56 PM

Post #7889190

not really sure Sandra, they may have been squashed out LOL by other plants.
kjuddy
(karen) Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2010
7:09 PM

Post #7889218

Okay first of all for all you guys around here that have fairy tale pink don't forget that if you got it from me - and you may have (I think I bought 10 of them) before I knew you could grow more of them:) and shared them at the swap last year. Mine was mistagged so be sure you check it against the pictures on daves - crissy yours looks like mine so it may really be a NOID. A

ND crissy as SOON AS that triple Kwanso daylily finishes blooming you MUST go out there and dig it up - find a place for it away from all your pretties or it was mow them right down. It is beautiful in bloom but it will take over your bed and you'll be digging it out forever. Plant it along a fence or along the road but not with other plants:) Just my advice but trust me I'm digging it up as we speak!
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2010
7:10 PM

Post #7889222

NA to answer your question way earlier, I'm sorry I was at work and you know how that can go. I didn't know Bee Balm would get up to 6ft tall either. What's weird is one of them is 6ft and the other is 1- 2ft.
I'm trying to match them up with KA's pics and mine don't match hers, but the leaves on top do turn red just before they bloom.

I think, think, that one of them may be a Marshall's Delight.

Thumbnail by crissyr

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2010
7:23 PM

Post #7889254

here's marshalls delight

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/53102/
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

June 14, 2010
7:24 PM

Post #7889256

Karen, look at Crissy's Fairy Tale Pink. Hers is the real mccoy. The one you showed before looked like Catherine Woodbery or something similar. Crissy's is different. Hers is really http://FTP. It's very veined and large and beautiful.
kjuddy
(karen) Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2010
7:26 PM

Post #7889261

Well guys I have been MIA since Thursday since someone at work was nice enough to share the latest stomach bug with me. I got sick on payroll day of all times - what a NIGHTMARE, trying to get my remote link to work so I could set things up from home all the while fighting that darn virus - YEEEUCK! And now I think I may have passed it along to Janie:( she went home sick today.

Anyway after that fun little event I went ahead and kept my plans to put in a new bed at my daughters house in NWA. All spring I've been buying things at the Lowe's clearance rack and dividing stuff and rooting things and getting stuff at the swap, so I wanted to show you guys the results. Here's the before and after pictures of her house. Obviously, we changed the shape of the bed. I guess whoever redid this house didn't think it was enough of a square box and thought another square box out front would help:) Anyway that was definitely the best decision of the day and bless my son-in-laws heart he drug his sleep till noon self out of bed at 6:00 am and did all the sod lifting and pounding (thank goodness for that short stint with a landscaper)

So after we took this picture we bought a clematis for her obelisk (bought for a buck at garden ridge) between the windows we planted some purple grass that is hardy and has purple plumes on it. Those are some red cannas in behind there. She has crocosmia, salvia, white and purple meadow sage, speedwell, red daylilies, a purple groundcover that I can't remember the name of, two frobelli spireas and at the corner of the house a rose of sharon (white with purple centers). around the sidewalk we planted red wave petunias for a little bit more color and to fill in some of the bare spots until things get going. They are all really small now but in a couple of years it is going to look great. Neither one of them are really into plants but you could tell how proud they were of the finished project. Several of the neighbors came by and commented on how good it looked and you could tell that made them feel good. So all in all a good project weekend:) In all we probably had less than 50 dollars in this bed but it looked like we spent a lot more than that.

Thanks to everyone who contributed something that helped make this happen

Thumbnail by kjuddy

kjuddy
(karen) Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2010
7:34 PM

Post #7889287

Here's one more picture that shows a wider angle

Thumbnail by kjuddy

kjuddy
(karen) Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2010
7:40 PM

Post #7889306

Okay enough about my weekend projects on to the new blooms

Purple Waters

Thumbnail by kjuddy

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2010
7:40 PM

Post #7889309

Here's the 2ft Bee Balm

Thumbnail by crissyr

kjuddy
(karen) Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2010
7:45 PM

Post #7889322

Byzantine Emporer

Thumbnail by kjuddy

kjuddy
(karen) Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2010
7:45 PM

Post #7889324

Rushing Delight

Thumbnail by kjuddy

kjuddy
(karen) Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2010
7:47 PM

Post #7889329

I think this one is dragon king

Thumbnail by kjuddy

kjuddy
(karen) Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2010
7:47 PM

Post #7889331

Hey crissy you left your blinds in my car at the swap the other day

And Sandra - Karen Sue hasn't bloomed yet but she has scapes so I'm waiting on her. I keep reminding my DH that this plant is my prize DL and he better stay away from it with his weed wacker/lawn mower etc. I'll let you know when she blooms

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

June 14, 2010
7:52 PM

Post #7889353

sometimes it takes them a while to settle in, but if you have buds--you will see her bloom soon ! I hope you enjoy her
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2010
8:06 PM

Post #7889397

Karen I missed the blinds yesterday, look how long it took me! Thanks for the advise on the daylily. It is along a fence and in the middle of a bunch of Bee Balm, see my posts above, I'm trying to ID those Bee Balms. I should have waited til tomorrow when I could post them from work and they would post within seconds, not 20 minutes between posts.

I'm glad you're feeling better, and hoping that Janie doesn't have it. Yuk. Nice new bed, yay to your helpers!

Speaking of bed, I've got to go hit mine, worky poo tomorrow again. Blah!

See y'all tomorrow!

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2010
8:13 PM

Post #7889421

Christine I gave you some bee balm last summer when you came over and gave me the brug. The tall that you are showing looks like what I gave you. It is wine and the leaves just below the bloom also turn a wine color. Mine is also tall but not as tall as yours, but mine is in a very shaded area.

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2010
8:16 PM

Post #7889428

Here is a link to the raspberry wine which is what I think I have and what I gave you.

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/55389/
tryliv
Booneville, MS

June 15, 2010
5:04 AM

Post #7889919

Bonnie, if it is the one you got from me it is Wedding Band. I have it but not Wedding Bells. I'm at work or I would post a pic of mine.

Sandra, that Swedish Girl is gorgeous. I don't think I;ve seen that one in person.

Terrye
n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

June 15, 2010
5:31 AM

Post #7889965

Guess I need to change that name on my tag then, huh ? Thanks Nancy & Terrye.

bigred
Ashdown, AR
(Zone 8a)

June 15, 2010
6:19 AM

Post #7890081

Hey gang,

here my aurelian lily(African Queen...I think). These things are 8 ft.tall so I was more or less thaking an"up the nose" picture. Can't remember the name of the white one in the back ground.

P

Thumbnail by bigred

bigred
Ashdown, AR
(Zone 8a)

June 15, 2010
6:22 AM

Post #7890085

Bradley Hardy and Domonic

Thumbnail by bigred

n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

June 15, 2010
6:52 AM

Post #7890152

Very nice P ! - Where 'ya been ?

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 15, 2010
7:49 AM

Post #7890295

A few more daylilies.
This one is Bella Lugosi

Thumbnail by cperdue

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 15, 2010
7:50 AM

Post #7890298

Ah! I think you're right Charlotte, thank you! Raspberry Wine... awesome!

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 15, 2010

Post #7890299

Wilson Spider

Thumbnail by cperdue

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 15, 2010
7:51 AM

Post #7890302

Jo Barbre

Thumbnail by cperdue

bigred
Ashdown, AR
(Zone 8a)

June 15, 2010
8:38 AM

Post #7890449

birds...in the weeds...LOL

daylily Groovy Green

Thumbnail by bigred

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

June 15, 2010
10:13 AM

Post #7890699

Hi Peggy where have you been, we have missed you-hope all is ok with you
I made some pictures today, but running behind--I had to go grocery shopping this morning, the cats and I were out of milk !

Terrye, you have to beg to get the good stuff--Swedish girl--LOL
bigred
Ashdown, AR
(Zone 8a)

June 15, 2010
10:22 AM

Post #7890720

been working on some horribly over grown beds,putting down a brick pathway,working the greenhouse,market,yard house,teaching fitness classes and hub's working my last nerve

it ain't perfect but I did it all by myself

Thumbnail by bigred

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

June 15, 2010
10:23 AM

Post #7890724

Looks perfect enough to me--that is beautiful ! so you have been very busy-I was thinking you stopped selling at the market? I am so easily confused though

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 15, 2010
10:36 AM

Post #7890740

Your pathway looks great.
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 15, 2010
11:16 AM

Post #7890823

Peggy you have been busy! The path looks awesome!

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

June 15, 2010
11:43 AM

Post #7890890

Jean Swan gave me a whole bouquet today

Thumbnail by slcdms

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

June 15, 2010
11:44 AM

Post #7890891

A bed shot

Thumbnail by slcdms

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

June 15, 2010
11:46 AM

Post #7890895

Look at this--the petal is half and half--I have never seen one look like this
Bright Sunset

Thumbnail by slcdms

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

June 15, 2010
11:47 AM

Post #7890896

Border Crossing

Thumbnail by slcdms

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

June 15, 2010
11:48 AM

Post #7890901

the link to the rest of today's pictures
http://picasaweb.google.com/slcdm12/20100615June15th2010#

One of my first zinnias

Thumbnail by slcdms

n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

June 15, 2010
12:37 PM

Post #7891033

Ok Sandra - I will tell you that I LOVE that Jean Swan !!!! She is really making a statement !

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

June 15, 2010
12:48 PM

Post #7891085

I know, she is from Terrye--she is a beauty this year !!

Praise the Lord, Jerry has a job--he starts tomorrow--he is not too excited about it as the building is not air conditioned, but at least he has a job. He is going to be a helper to the maintenance person in a small plant in New Albany. It employs about 50 people and they only have one maintenance person and he need help. They told him already he will have to work Sat, he is not too happy about that either-LOL
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 15, 2010
1:43 PM

Post #7891218

Looks great, P!
n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

June 15, 2010
1:45 PM

Post #7891224

Kind of wonderful Sandra. I don't know about the no air thing right now.

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

June 15, 2010
1:57 PM

Post #7891264

I know, we have both worked in some hot places in our time, I told him it could not be any hotter than a couple of places we both worked, and he agreed--most factories don't have enough air to cool the whole buildings in the summer anyway, he said they had lots of fans and the air was moving, just hot air.

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 15, 2010
2:06 PM

Post #7891285

Sandra maybe something else will come along soon and he want have to stay in that job long.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 15, 2010
2:32 PM

Post #7891349

I love that walkway, that's an aweful lot of hard work in this heat though . don't know how you do it.

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

June 15, 2010
2:43 PM

Post #7891366

Charlotte, God has taken such good care of us through this little valley. I know if it is not the right job for Jerry that something else will come along soon. Jerry has felt like his age has been part of his problem of getting a job-so he was not going to turn this one down. I told him it might turn out to be the best job he has ever had.
He has not worked since March of 08--he went to school for 2 years, so he is not in the best physical shape right now, but I know he will do whatever he has to do. He has always worked hard for us and he will not stop now. I am sure he will be just fine after a little while to get back in shape.

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 15, 2010
2:48 PM

Post #7891380

Sandra you are right. You don't really know exactly how a job is going to turn out until you have worked at it for a while. Sometimes smaller companies like that can be a good place to work. As you said, God has been taking care of your all and this is obviously the place he wants him now. We don't always understand the reason he puts us where he does.
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 15, 2010
2:57 PM

Post #7891411

Sandra that Jean Swan is absolutely Gorgeous!! Terrye that's a beauty you gave her!

I hope Jerry's job gets better, Dave also thinks his age is giving him a harder time looking for a job, even though he is looking for something specialized.
OutsidePlaying
Laceys Spring, AL
(Zone 7a)

June 15, 2010
3:24 PM

Post #7891468

Sandra, Thanks - I know you haven't been up to digging and I'm not worried. We'll get to it one day. Just get your back well and then we'll talk. Congrats to Jerry on getting the job, even if it's not the best of situations.

I'm sure you've been on the DL forum and seen the 'ugliest DLs'! There are some weird DL blooms. Your Bright Sunset isn't ugly by any means but there are always some oddball things going on with blooms. If you need a good laugh, go look at some of those pics!

Bonnie, got your d-mail and I'll look and browse as soon as I can. Thanks a million!

Elaine

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

June 15, 2010
3:50 PM

Post #7891528

Jerry was also looking for a more specialized job too--but a job is a job and maybe he will still be proud to have it tomorrow night. I had to laugh at him-the man he is going to help is Walter, he could not remember his last name. He goes in at 7am tomorrow, but will be going in earlier in the future as they want part of his job to be opening up the plant and turning things on, so I asked what time would he get off if he has to go in early, he said--"All I know is I work until Walter tells me to go home!" Walter did tell him they would be building a work station in the morning first thing and would have to run air hoses and things like that to the new station, then he told him he would be working Sat to install a new type of fan that they are changing to. It seems Walter is very behind in his duties. They did give him his own parking place, next to Walters-lol !
n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

June 15, 2010

Post #7891612

Well, maybe Jerry will shine and they will see what a good employee he is and offer him something else. Sometimes it works that way.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 15, 2010
4:28 PM

Post #7891635

Did I miss something, Did Jerry get a job Sandra? Danny's still waiting on that call. I expected it this weekend but he said the guy won't call for another week. I've been down this road before LOL

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

June 15, 2010
4:39 PM

Post #7891674

Yes, Jerry got a job--at a plant with no air conditioning --so he is not thrilled with it, I just hope he can make it there, all of you know how hot it is right now, the whole area is covered with heat.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

June 15, 2010
5:31 PM

Post #7891806

Oh, Sandra, I am so glad that Jerry found a job but I just hate it for him about the no a/c. I will pray that the Lord will provide Jerry with the strength and energy he needs to get through these hot, hot days without suffering from the heat too much. All of your daylilies are sooooo pretty--there seems to be no end to the number of beautiful d/l's that you have!

I managed to get in a couple of hours of weeding yesterday morning early and also this morning. I have almost all of my RU plants in the ground, but like KA said, they are going to require a lot of watering these hot days! I still have a few more to plant and plan to do that early in the morning. If I get outside by 6:30 and work till about 8:30 it isn't too hot. I have to call it quits once the sun gets up past the big oak tree in my neighbor's yard and starts shining on my yard.
I took some photos of some of my new plants that I have gotten this spring. I should call these photos, "My, how you've grown!" I am amazed at how fast the moon vines which Charlotte gave me in March are growing up Buddy's wooden ladder.

This side-by-side photo shows the difference in just one week. Photo on the left was taken on June 7th. Photo on the right was taken today.

Thumbnail by marsue

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 15, 2010
5:35 PM

Post #7891815

The moonvine already looks great but it is really going to be pretty in a couple of more weeks.

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

June 15, 2010
5:47 PM

Post #7891835

Oh Marilyn, another 2 weeks and it will start to look bare around here again, but it is so worth it to see these beautiful blooms through the month of June.
Thank you for offering prayers for Jerry, he will need them tomorrow--it has been a long time since he started a new job.
The moonvine also smells wonderful when it blooms--they have a better fragrance than Victoria's Secret !
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 15, 2010
6:02 PM

Post #7891862

my moon vine must be in too much sun cause it's got brown looking leaves, or yellowish leaves. it gets alot of sun. Guess that wasn't such a good idea

I wouldn't like working with no ac that's rough. I feel for him. Alot of large plants don't use ac in the summer time.

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

June 15, 2010
6:05 PM

Post #7891871

Yes, that is true and most of the metal buildings that have them, you still can't tell it in these temps--it could be worse--he could be putting on a roof--we have both done that too in days gone by.
tryliv
Booneville, MS

June 15, 2010
6:20 PM

Post #7891924

Sandra, I am so proud for Jerry though I hate that it doesn't have AC. I know he (and you) are glad that the wait is over for now. That "not knowing what is going to happen" feeling can get to you after a while. You know with 50 people working in that plant it has to be at least bearable. Hopefully he'll get use to it soon.

Isn't Jean Swan gorgeous. Mine barely bloomed. I almost lost her to my Lady banks rose. I forgot she was up under the bush and it almost choked her out. Death by shade! lol

You're special! My Bright Sunset didn't do that!

This is Orchid Ice. Its a tall strong purple DL.

terrye

Thumbnail by tryliv

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

June 15, 2010
6:27 PM

Post #7891956

I am hoping it will not make him sick, before he does get used to it--LOL--

There were 2 more blooms on Jean Swan too, but they didn't fit into the picture I wanted, yes I am special, I have a striped daylily !!

How are you feeling this week?

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

June 15, 2010
6:34 PM

Post #7891979

I wanted to show you all something I found today on FB--my nephew, Tommy posted this on his page.
This is the house I was raised in, My Mamma and Gunny and Granddaddy bought a new one soon after I married, but I lived here.
My nephew is going down the drive with my niece behind him and that is my Mamma with her hand on her hip--which we both still do, pop that hand on that hip !
Makes my old trailer I live in now seem like a mansion !!! We had those plastic curtains on the windows and the plastic curtains also served as closet doors !

Thumbnail by slcdms

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 15, 2010
7:10 PM

Post #7892105

Is'nt fun to find those old pictures! A distant relative had a photo of the house I lived in from 3 to 8. I could remember the house but it had burned years ago. I was so proud to get a picture of it.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

June 15, 2010

Post #7892140

What a precious photo, Sandra! I am sure it brings back a lot of memories for you. :o)) I need to go and take a picture of the house I was raised in--lived there from the time I was 5 until I was 14 and then my daddy built us a new house (yes, he built most of it, except for the plumbing and electrical--my daddy could do almost anything when it came to being handy around the house). Anyway, the house I grew up in for nine years is still standing at 214 Rose St. in Little Rock, just about two blocks north of the Univ. of Ark. Medical Sciences Center. I used to fly my kite on the hill where the Med Center now sits.
My, my, Sandra, see what you got started--now I am going down memory lane! LOL
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

June 15, 2010
7:30 PM

Post #7892160

Beautiful flowers ladies...Those daylilies are just so pretty.. Hope you all are doing well..Hot and dry here, requiring lots of watering for newly planted babies, they better get tough quick..Its about to hot to be dragging a water hose over this big ole yard half the day..I sure am missing my camera, and Im beginning to think the state of Ar doesnt want me to have my state return so I can buy a new one.. Not that my flowers even start to compare, but I still like to see what I grew from on year to the next.. Trish
tryliv
Booneville, MS

June 15, 2010
7:31 PM

Post #7892163

I'm good. The ankle seems to be a little better today. I was able to actually walk down stairs today! I can walk up them fine! lol

My mother always hated getting her picture made. She would leave or at least turn her head if someone was making pictures. She died the year I got married and we realized we did not have many pictures of her. A couple of years ago an aunt of mine that I don't see very much gave me a few pics of Momma. One when she was seventeen. She couldn't know how much I cherish these pictures.

Sandra, I remember having plastic curtains! lol And plastic over the furniture!

Terrye

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

June 15, 2010
7:37 PM

Post #7892178

I don't think any of our furniture was worth buying a plastic curtain to put over it--lol
Memory lane is a good place to visit. It makes us appreciate the modern things we have now--I pumped many a bucket of water at that place and Jerry said I was lucky--he had to tote if from a spring for his Mother !

Glad you are doing better Terrye--I sent Cindy a d-mail, but have not heard back--tomorrow is her day to go to the Pain Clinic for her first visit I bellieve

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 15, 2010
7:48 PM

Post #7892209

Memory lane is a wonderful place to visit! My GS is here visiting and when I picked him up yesterday, he told me he was really glad he had me. He was telling some of his friends he was coming to visit me and a lot of them no longer have their grandparents. You know how boys are about expressing themselves and sharing feeling so I was pleased and surprised!
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

June 15, 2010
7:50 PM

Post #7892213

What a nice thing for your GS to say, Charlotte! I know it made you feel really good!
bigred
Ashdown, AR
(Zone 8a)

June 16, 2010
2:57 AM

Post #7892651

My goodness ya'll sure have been chatty...LOL

No,still doing the market,working the greenhouse,trying to get this acre and half in some kind of decent order. Those bricks had beed laying around for 4 yrs just a home for snakes and rats and that pathway was in too much shade to grow anything but weeds and vines and I got tried of cleaning it . Only took 2 Looooonnnngggg days and "oh my aching back" but it looks oh so much better. I'm going to buy some irish moss seeds to sow in the cracks next spring.

Started my own exercize classes on Thues.and Thur. back around the first of April and it's been going well. We get one or two new people every now and then and soon will be out of room. Just bought the Zumba dvd collection. We were all ready to try it out yesterday put my darn tv wouldn't work because the cord was damaged in transit but I have another tv so we'll start zumba on Thurs. I did a test run Mon. with the beginners tape and once I feel like I don't have two left feet,it'll be fun.

This message was edited Jun 16, 2010 7:44 AM

Thumbnail by bigred

tryliv
Booneville, MS

June 16, 2010
4:54 AM

Post #7892805

Let us know how the Zumba goes, P. I've been wanting to try that too. It looks like a lot of fun on the TV commercials.

I love that walk! I have some old bricks that have been laying around for years too! lol I need to do something with them.

Charlotte, that was so sweet of your GS. Usually it's so hard for kids that age to express their feelings. I know you must be proud of him.

I talked to Cindy last night. Her back is still giving her fits so I hope the doctor cn do something for it today.

Terrye

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

June 16, 2010
5:12 AM

Post #7892848

I was thinking she was going today--I hope they can too, I know how bad that hurts

I have not heard of Zumba--I will google it !
bigred
Ashdown, AR
(Zone 8a)

June 16, 2010
6:48 AM

Post #7893147

I've already tried the beginners dvd. The instructors show you how it looks first then break it down real slow with just the feet and count then again with the arms/attitude and last but not least, full out...I'm still at "feet and count". When they speed it up it's like "Whoa Nelly!"...LOL but I'll get it sooner or later.

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

June 16, 2010
8:19 AM

Post #7893431

I googled--good luck with all that-LOL
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 16, 2010
10:00 AM

Post #7893723

their doing zumba at the gym I use to go to, but no longer go there. I can't seem to get in any exercize other than walking.

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

June 16, 2010
10:14 AM

Post #7893759

Boy I need a nap--I am not used to getting up so early, seems like it should be supper time instead of lunch ---------

I am going to do 4 or 5 pictures from seedlings, these seedlings were all from the same crosses, I have forgotten the parents names, but to show you how much difference that you can have in a seedpod--

Thumbnail by slcdms

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

June 16, 2010
10:14 AM

Post #7893765

seedling clump

Thumbnail by slcdms

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

June 16, 2010
10:15 AM

Post #7893770

another seedling

Thumbnail by slcdms

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

June 16, 2010
10:16 AM

Post #7893772

another seedling clump

Thumbnail by slcdms

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

June 16, 2010
10:17 AM

Post #7893775

This is a lost tag, and I love it, I don't care if I every get a name for it--today is the FFO so it is a mid season bloomer

Here is the link to the rest of today's pictures, if you want to look
http://picasaweb.google.com/slcdm12/20100616June162010#

Thumbnail by slcdms

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 16, 2010
11:05 AM

Post #7893922

My triple Kwasmo had 4 blooms on it yesterday and I didn't get a pic :(

Wow Sandra, that's weird. They're all pretty though!
Riverland
Northeast, LA
(Zone 8a)

June 16, 2010
11:19 AM

Post #7893971

Sandra those are beautiful. I want one of all those pink no ids LOL I believe your lady neva could be Emmaus but I am not sure. I have Chevron spider, Cherokee Vision. Cherokee Vision is darker chevron. Do these ring a bell? I am loving all the blooms. It is wonderful to see every one posting their plants and gardens. I forgot to say I am off to the doc now

This message was edited Jun 16, 2010 1:21 PM

Thumbnail by Riverland

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

June 16, 2010
1:06 PM

Post #7894270

I will try to get you a pink no id--they--it is so pretty, no none of the other names ring a bell and I know you gave me Lady Neva, and I have not seen it bloom---??????
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 16, 2010
1:07 PM

Post #7894274

fThose seedlings are beautiful Sandra.

my Pink Clouds hibiscus is blooming today.

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 16, 2010
1:08 PM

Post #7894279

my gladiolus are opening more today

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 16, 2010
1:09 PM

Post #7894282

Daylily spacecoast cool deal

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 16, 2010
1:10 PM

Post #7894284

Here's green star gladiolus in full bloom

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

June 16, 2010
1:10 PM

Post #7894286

Keep those glads shut until Saturday !!!!
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 16, 2010
1:11 PM

Post #7894290

Do you guys know what this is? I thought it was a carnation, but i'm not so sure it is. all my other carnations have diff leaves, this sure is pretty though. NO tag on it.

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 16, 2010
1:13 PM

Post #7894296

Here's starfire phlox again in full bloom.

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 16, 2010
1:13 PM

Post #7894297

I can't do that Bonnie, LOL they have a mind of their own, LOL
torch lily LOLA

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 16, 2010
1:14 PM

Post #7894300

violet queen monarda.

Marilyn I think your right about the stone throw pink being mistagged, mine is purple more than pink. sorry about that. I thought I purchased all the monardas. but who knows.

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 16, 2010
1:14 PM

Post #7894301

here's the white flowering monarda.

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 16, 2010
1:15 PM

Post #7894302

prairie night monarda

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

June 16, 2010
1:16 PM

Post #7894306

Kathy Ann, is that some of the double phlox that Jim rooted for us? I have some and it looks like that---
Is Bonnie going to get her tour on Sat????
n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

June 16, 2010
1:18 PM

Post #7894311

We are hoping so, if all goes well. And am I excited ! Me, Kenny & Jim are planning a little 1 day road trip.

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

June 16, 2010
1:20 PM

Post #7894316

You need a little road trip, prepare to be WOWED !!! I am still looking at some of her pictures and saying--I didn't see that--lol--it is a lot to take in
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 16, 2010
1:32 PM

Post #7894348

Are you talking about the starfire phlox? no I got that somewhere else.

I hope the gardens hold up till this sat. I have to water certain areas every day.

Weeds are taking over out in the full sun garden, I have to go out there every day and it's been rough in the heat.

Darren cut grass for me today !! I had to let go of that chore as much as I like cutting grass. I'm loosing some of my time it seems.

I'm off to pick green beans now.

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

June 16, 2010
1:41 PM

Post #7894376

No, the plant that you thought was a carnation

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 16, 2010
1:54 PM

Post #7894406

Pretty day lilies Sandra. Kathy Ann I don't know what your pretty pink plant is, but don't think it is a carnation.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 16, 2010
2:16 PM

Post #7894454

I thought it was, just wasn't sure, I sure like it.

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

June 16, 2010
2:39 PM

Post #7894516

I like it too--it looks just like mine and I am pretty sure I brought you some of it in 08--did you have it last year?
obbirds
Olive Branch, MS

June 16, 2010
2:42 PM

Post #7894524

Kathy that is the Phlox from Jim. He brought several to Kim's last fall. See you Saturday.

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

June 16, 2010
3:13 PM

Post #7894581

I knew he gave me a whole tray of it a long time ago, I love it, it is so pretty
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 16, 2010
3:31 PM

Post #7894630

is his called starfire? I remember you giving me some phlox, thought it was white though.

I do have starfire in two places, maybe one of them is mistagged.

I love phloxes. the one bonnie gave me, i'm working hard to try to keep it happy in this heat. I wish we'd get some rain soon
obbirds
Olive Branch, MS

June 16, 2010
3:50 PM

Post #7894689

Don't know the name of it. It's one he has had for years. The blooms are usually pink with some white. It has rained everywhere around the house, but here this afternoon. Hopefully we will get some.

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

June 16, 2010
3:59 PM

Post #7894700

I never put any name on mine just called it double phlox--we need some rain too--looked like Bonnie might have gotten some the way the map looked at 5pm
Riverland
Northeast, LA
(Zone 8a)

June 16, 2010
4:09 PM

Post #7894720

Does KA realize y'all are talking about the plant she thought was the carnation? This conversation sounds like she is confused LOL

And I did not get one of these double phlox Hmmm wonder why?

This message was edited Jun 16, 2010 6:19 PM
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

June 16, 2010
4:20 PM

Post #7894739

Sandra, you mean those daylilies all came from the same seed pod? Amazing! they are all pretty, though!
Kathy Ann, if it isn't Stone Throw's Pink do you have any idea what it is? I really like all those different monardas. I now have several more thanks to yours and Jeri's RU's. I really like your glads, too. Can you collect seeds from glads? If so, I would like some seeds from that green one.
The glads you gave me a couple of years ago aren't doing anything yet. They were behind those big hollyhocks and weren't getting enough sun. I have pulled up the hollyhocks now that they have finished blooming so the monardas and glads can get the sun they need.
Cindy: I am so sorry to learn that your back is giving you trouble. I hope that the doc was able to help you today.

I saw my cousin, Shelly, today who lives here in Cabot. She is the one who came to KA's RU with me. She has been in NW AR for four days and she said it rained every day while she was there! I asked her why she didn't bring some of that rain back to Cabot with her! We are as dry as a bone and I am having to water all the flowerbeds plus the container plants. Those tippy pot plant stands have to be watered every day right now. It is just entirely too hot for June! I hate to think what my water bill is going to be this next billing cycle! :o((

By the way, y'all, I am going to have plenty of pink and white hollyhock seeds, if any of you want some.

This is my fuchsia in bloom.

Thumbnail by marsue

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

June 16, 2010

Post #7894744

This is a canna which KA gave me a couple of years ago.

Thumbnail by marsue

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

June 16, 2010
4:26 PM

Post #7894748

This is a little daylily I discovered blooming beneath a crape myrtle in my front flower bed today. I am sure I got this from KA in 2008. I don't know if it is a miniature d/l or if it is so small because it isn't getting enough sun.
It's not a very good pic--the sun was very bright and I was trying to shade the d/l so I could get a pic.

Thumbnail by marsue

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 16, 2010
4:29 PM

Post #7894755

Cindy I didn't get any of that phlox either! Hope your back is better and that they can do something to give you some relief.

It is way too hot for June! What is July and Aug going to be like??? Maybe it will be a fluke and get cooler. I don't have any trouble keeping things watered. I just hate to see the water bill! I'm going to take some water out of my pond tonight and refill it. I haven't done that in a while and really need to do it now that the fish are eating. More water for the water bill! But at least it doesn't go through the regular meter - it's on the irrigation meter.
obbirds
Olive Branch, MS

June 16, 2010
4:30 PM

Post #7894757

Cindy I guess you where in the wrong place at the wrong time. I'll try to remember to get you some whenever we see each other again.

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

June 16, 2010
4:48 PM

Post #7894793

Oh Cindy, we will have to share some with you---
What did they do for you at the clinic today?
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 16, 2010
5:14 PM

Post #7894866

ok, I am confused. Which is Jim's phlox. the reddish phlox above which I have a tag of starfire on or the pinkish double blooms everybody's calling carnation? I know I bought a starfire phlox but I have no idea what that double flowering plant is. it's beautiful and I love it. is that what your talking about? as being jim's phlox?

this one here. so what is it phlox or carnation LOL

Marilyn, i've been cutting off the bloom stalk after the glads bloom but I'll leave them on, but better yet when I come see you in august, Ih ave the green star planted in the front and it's not doing well cause wel, I guess it's cause it keeps getting mowed down with the lawn mower. I'll dig up the bulbs and bring them to you. ;0) I love the glads, but you need to plant them super deep in order for them to not have to be staked, even when mine are l0 inches deep the booms still fall over some times, but for the most part they stand tall.

I still have lots of them that haven't bloomed yet.

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

June 16, 2010
5:15 PM

Post #7894868

The above picture is Jims Phlox--it is a double phlox, I just went out to take Ears a carrot and smelled mine-it has a good fragrance to it too
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 16, 2010
5:40 PM

Post #7894965

Wow, I didn't know that, it has grown leaps and bounds. I never had a tag on it, Ijust love it. it sure is putting on a show right now. thanks for straightening that out for me Sandra. I sure was confused LOL

Here's what I call glad row LOL of course this year I have them all over in other places too.

Marilyn, sending you a dmail now

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 16, 2010
5:43 PM

Post #7894974

callas are starting to bloom,

a pretty yellow blurry pic though

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 16, 2010
5:44 PM

Post #7894977

and a pink one so far that's it, I have others i'm trying to keep watered so they'll bloom for me.

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 16, 2010
5:45 PM

Post #7894979

I simply have no more room in the back full sun flower garden, I have room for weeds but no room for plants LOL

I need to cut back a few things that are growing out of control too.

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 16, 2010
5:45 PM

Post #7894985

some shots of the full sun garden, things are still blooming big time even without any rain

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 16, 2010
5:46 PM

Post #7894991

LOOK!! you know what those little yellow babie are?

guess?

baby caryoptris sunshine blue, I had no idea i'd have babies coming up from dropped seeds. there 's little ones out there you can't see very well too still too tiny

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 16, 2010
5:47 PM

Post #7894997

first bloom on bright eyes phlox, this is beautiful when it's in full bloom, another week or so .

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 16, 2010
5:48 PM

Post #7895000

another view

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 16, 2010
5:48 PM

Post #7895002

more

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 16, 2010
5:49 PM

Post #7895011

Tango lily tiger play, I'm not sure but I have another tango lily I need to look up, to see if these two are identical.

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

June 16, 2010
5:50 PM

Post #7895014

Everything looks great Kathy Ann--they don't look heat stressed at all--I am watering the pot plants and everything else is going to have to "root hog or die" as we say, no way I can drag the watering hose all over this place this summer
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 16, 2010
5:53 PM

Post #7895030

here is the other lily I thought they were the same but their different.
this is graffitii it's a tango lily too

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 16, 2010
5:54 PM

Post #7895035

thanks, i'm beginning to feel like I have the water hose attached to me all the time now. it's been rough.

pink vitex

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

lilsista59
(Phyllis) Osceola, PA
(Zone 5b)

June 16, 2010
6:20 PM

Post #7895140

This might be Asiatic Coral Sunset
It was pouring here this morning and raining on and off all day
What's a water hose?? LOL

Thumbnail by lilsista59

lilsista59
(Phyllis) Osceola, PA
(Zone 5b)

June 16, 2010
6:24 PM

Post #7895146

Eenie Weenie Daylily twins trying to hide from the rain...

Thumbnail by lilsista59

lilsista59
(Phyllis) Osceola, PA
(Zone 5b)

June 16, 2010
6:28 PM

Post #7895156

Species Pumilum Lily
the flowers are teenie tiny...

Love everyone's pictures...my pretties are just starting now...

Thumbnail by lilsista59

lilsista59
(Phyllis) Osceola, PA
(Zone 5b)

June 16, 2010
6:31 PM

Post #7895162

Asiatic Centerfold 5" off the ground..she grew short this year..I just planted it this spring

Thumbnail by lilsista59

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 16, 2010
6:37 PM

Post #7895181

Well, I dont' know if i'm envyous of your asiatic lilies or the fact that you've not had to use the water hose. we haven't had rain in 2 weeks here. my water bill is going to be l00.00 if not more this month. YIKES!!

lilsista59
(Phyllis) Osceola, PA
(Zone 5b)

June 16, 2010
6:41 PM

Post #7895190

Last night we had a Bear outside..My DSS and his wife came face to face with him...
I told my DD Amanda the other day when she saw him and said he was beautiful..
that no bear was beautiful..but I was wrong...He is beautiful..Tall Shiny black coat..a little on the thin side though...But I want him gone as he has no fear of humans...
I called the Pa Game Commission today and they'll have an officer contact me
but tonight when I was up on my deck another one came across the road and down to our creek
then back across the road and started into my DSD's woods..I yelled at him and he stopped and looked at me saying "DUH" not a bit afraid...and just moseyed on his way...
First one the DH got to see in 2 years that we've been back home... finally...he was abt 250-300 pounds

Daylily Purple D'Oro

Thumbnail by lilsista59

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 16, 2010
6:44 PM

Post #7895200

you guys can't shoot them can you? I gues you could if they were in season. there is a bear season here. but not now. that would be scary if I saw a bear I'd not go outside LOL

i've been real lucky only thing around here is deer and snakes and I've been real lucky not seeing any poisonous snakes this year yet. only garden snakes and black racers so far. guess their doing their job.
lilsista59
(Phyllis) Osceola, PA
(Zone 5b)

June 16, 2010
6:46 PM

Post #7895212

Very rarely do I have to water here...we usually get rain at least once a week and Temps hardly ever get into the 90's and most nights are cool...too bad it doesn't last longer then it does here though..

Some different colored Foxgloves..this starts out white and turns a lilac/light purple

Thumbnail by lilsista59

kjuddy
(karen) Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 16, 2010
6:48 PM

Post #7895218

Sandra GUESS WHAT bloomed today? Karen Sue

She was wonderful way better than she looks in the pictures - there are 4-5 more buds and a new scape coming up so she is doing nicely for a newbie. Thanks so much for her!!

Thumbnail by kjuddy

lilsista59
(Phyllis) Osceola, PA
(Zone 5b)

June 16, 2010
6:50 PM

Post #7895225

There's a bear season here too but no one hunts them and their getting too populated
No we're not suppose to shoot them...The game warden says to shoot up in the air..ooops the gun slipped...LOL
Shooting up in the air isn't working for the 2-3 that are messing around outside

White Foxglove

Thumbnail by lilsista59

kjuddy
(karen) Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 16, 2010
6:54 PM

Post #7895235

And here she is UP CLOSE

Karen Sue

Thumbnail by kjuddy

lilsista59
(Phyllis) Osceola, PA
(Zone 5b)

June 16, 2010
6:55 PM

Post #7895237

Spotted One

Thumbnail by lilsista59

lilsista59
(Phyllis) Osceola, PA
(Zone 5b)

June 16, 2010
6:58 PM

Post #7895243

She's pretty...

Only White lupine left here..growing under the white lilac..

Thumbnail by lilsista59

Riverland
Northeast, LA
(Zone 8a)

June 16, 2010
7:19 PM

Post #7895302

KA that is beautiful. It's hard to believe that everything in that bed has only been there 2 growing seasons.

I went to the pain clinic today. They have me scheduled for 3 epidurals one a week apart starting next Wed. She gave me a Toradol injection today so things aren't so bad right now. I have a disc protruding and it has two nerves that go down my leg entraped. The disc and the arthritis has worsened since my MRI in 2009. Hoping the first shot works so I don't have to go back for more.

Sandra I am trying to get up there sometime between now and the middle of July.
We bought a Geo Tracker for the Island in Boonesville thanks to Terrye and Ray. It is at their house now. I am going to fly in to Tupelo and drive it home. Got to get that shot first before I can make that drive.

Dragon King a gift from Sandra

This message was edited Jun 16, 2010 9:45 PM

Thumbnail by Riverland

Riverland
Northeast, LA
(Zone 8a)

June 16, 2010

Post #7895326

Love your Lilies Phyllis don't envy that bear thought. Hunting and coming across one is enough for me.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 16, 2010
7:29 PM

Post #7895350

well, two growing seasons since the greenhouse burnt down, but there are pictures there of the whole gardens and they've been around for 7 years. things do grow fast, must be the good dirt.

Love the foxgloves and lupines. that spotted looks like pam's choice fox glove.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

June 16, 2010
7:54 PM

Post #7895429

Beautiful photos of your sun bed, KA! I know what you mean about dragging the water hose around--that's what I have been doing, too.
Phyllis you are fortunate to be having the rain you need. It usually isn't this hot or dry here in June but this has been an unusual year for weather. The foxgloves are so pretty! I didn't know there was a purple d'oro. It is pretty, too!
Cindy, I'll be praying that the epidural does what it is supposed to do. Congrats on the new Tracker!
Riverland
Northeast, LA
(Zone 8a)

June 16, 2010
8:32 PM

Post #7895566

Dublin Elain

Thumbnail by Riverland

Riverland
Northeast, LA
(Zone 8a)

June 16, 2010
8:33 PM

Post #7895569

Bela Lagosa

Thumbnail by Riverland

Riverland
Northeast, LA
(Zone 8a)

June 16, 2010
8:34 PM

Post #7895574

Honky Tonk Blues

Thumbnail by Riverland

Riverland
Northeast, LA
(Zone 8a)

June 16, 2010
8:35 PM

Post #7895577

I love the colors in this Daylily.
Fruit Loops

Thumbnail by Riverland

Riverland
Northeast, LA
(Zone 8a)

June 16, 2010
8:36 PM

Post #7895579

Alakazan

Thumbnail by Riverland

Riverland
Northeast, LA
(Zone 8a)

June 16, 2010
8:39 PM

Post #7895592

Red Hibiscus

Thumbnail by Riverland

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 16, 2010
8:46 PM

Post #7895615

Fruit Loops is a really nice day lily! Nice photos.
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

June 16, 2010
10:05 PM

Post #7895788

KathyAnn, your unknown pink plant looks like Soapwort (aka Bouncing Bet). Here's a pic of mine. I brought some to the swap, and just gave a friend the rest of it. It prefers shade, but will grow in full sun too. It creeps into everything and I've just gotten tired of it, so Beth carried it home with her today.

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

June 17, 2010
4:27 AM

Post #7896009

No the phlox is taller than bouncing bet, I have the phlox too and the bouncing bet ! The blooms do look somewhat alike though, never noticed that before, my bouncing bet is in the shade too

Oh boy, Cindy is coming ! I can't wait, so are you going to fill it up with plants for the drive back? got to break it in you know--lol
I am hoping the epidurals will help too, in the mean time I hope the pain is better.
I can't believe how beautiful your daylilies are after being under water for 3 weeks--they are surely tough plants.

Karen, I am so glad your Karen Sue bloomed for you--sometimes they don't the first year. She is a beautiful daylily, I have never seen one that wasn't prettier in person than a picture, the pictures just don't do them justice.

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 17, 2010
6:21 AM

Post #7896229

The leaves of mine and flower look just like nancy's picture. that's weird. my so called carnation isn't tall like my phlox is. my phlox is up to my thighs and this stuff is only shin high. sorry I don't do inches very well LOL
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 17, 2010
7:08 AM

Post #7896365

Remember last year, June was really hot then the rest of the summer was mild, let's hope it gets mild here pretty soon and stays that way! I'm worried about the ac bill and water bill! ACK!!!

I got more pics last night of the same things blooming

Chi Gold and No ID Red

Thumbnail by crissyr

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 17, 2010
7:11 AM

Post #7896371

Kwanzo

Thumbnail by crissyr

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 17, 2010
7:12 AM

Post #7896375

Sizzlin' Hot

Thumbnail by crissyr

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 17, 2010
7:13 AM

Post #7896380

Pink Swirl Luna Hibiscus

Thumbnail by crissyr

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 17, 2010
7:14 AM

Post #7896384

Kopper King

Thumbnail by crissyr

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 17, 2010
7:15 AM

Post #7896386

This one's trying to open

Thumbnail by crissyr

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 17, 2010
7:18 AM

Post #7896390

Pretty Crissy, I love hibiscus, your last one looks alot like my pink clouds hibiscus.

I lost my copper king but you know I replaced it this year LOL
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 17, 2010
7:19 AM

Post #7896397

We live at the bottom of two hills so I don't get many weather pics as the clouds have to be almost directly above the house to see them. I was outside yesterday evening and it was hot, humid, and no wind whatsoever. I was taking pics of flowers and there was this huge gust of wind suddenly that cooled things off almost immediately. I looked up and saw this!

Thumbnail by crissyr

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 17, 2010
7:22 AM

Post #7896409

Thank you KA!! I don't know what happened to my Kopper King, I thought it was supposed to be a bush but this grew up like a tree!

The clouds were still building

Thumbnail by crissyr

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 17, 2010
7:22 AM

Post #7896410

And building

Thumbnail by crissyr

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 17, 2010
7:24 AM

Post #7896415

I started hearing fairly close thunder and kept telling it to come my way, it was pouring on I-30 at Mile Marker 109. The above pics was looking to the South West. I turned and looked to the South East and look at the rain! This was between my house and I-30, which driving is only 10 minutes apart.

Thumbnail by crissyr

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 17, 2010
7:25 AM

Post #7896417

The rain kept getting heavier and now I could hear it in the trees right up the road.

Thumbnail by crissyr

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 17, 2010
7:29 AM

Post #7896428

That rain cloud was past us and going the other direction so I knew that it wasn't going to come pay me a visit. But the other cloud to the southwest was now almost on top of us but it was breaking up and the thunder had stopped. I quit taking pics because it was just overcast, then I heard something that sounded like wind. I got ready to feel better from another gust and then realized that it wasn't wind I was hearing, but a wall of rain! It chased me to the porch and rained just enough to get everything wet. Woo Hoo!!!

Thumbnail by crissyr

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 17, 2010

Post #7896504

your getting Rain? good grief. that's not fair. send some my way LOL

pretty clouds.
Riverland
Northeast, LA
(Zone 8a)

June 17, 2010
8:31 AM

Post #7896646

Crissy you are definitely a bonafide gardener now. A year ago you were running from storms. Not you are begging for one. LOL

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 17, 2010
8:33 AM

Post #7896655

One new daylily today - Green Squill

Thumbnail by cperdue

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 17, 2010
8:34 AM

Post #7896663

Just a general shot of an area in the front bed.

Thumbnail by cperdue

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 17, 2010
8:35 AM

Post #7896667

White swan coneflowers with some daylilies.

Thumbnail by cperdue

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 17, 2010
8:36 AM

Post #7896670

Grandson Jake. He really enjoys walking around looking at the flowers.

Thumbnail by cperdue

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 17, 2010

Post #7896676

Wow, look at the jake flower. I've not seen one like that ;0) he's a handsome fellow.

Love that green squil daylily
Riverland
Northeast, LA
(Zone 8a)

June 17, 2010

Post #7896677

Ooh Charlotte that Green Squill is now on my list.

Victorian Grace

Thumbnail by Riverland

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 17, 2010
8:42 AM

Post #7896683

Bonnie gave me Green Squill last Oct. at Kim's.

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

June 17, 2010
9:51 AM

Post #7896838

New thread here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1108541/
Everyone come along with more pretty pictures and chat too !
n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

June 17, 2010
10:25 AM

Post #7896918

That is "Green Spill". lol - Maybe Charlotte couldn't read my writing. I love it too.
Charlotte - that sure is a cutie pie sitting in your garden.

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 17, 2010
10:55 AM

Post #7896984

Thank's for correcting me. I need to change my records!
n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

June 17, 2010
4:54 PM

Post #7897765

Well Charlotte - you know, there is no telling what the tag looked like by the time I got it to you with my writing ! lol.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Mid-South Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Mid-South Gardening forum! Terry 72 Jun 19, 2008 8:48 PM
Why Do Folks Love Living in the South? FlowrLady 174 Jan 21, 2008 1:12 AM
Look at my daffodils! chicochi3 37 Nov 6, 2007 4:00 PM
New to this forum corgimom 40 Jul 22, 2010 11:22 AM
Help!! My Hibiscus is ?????????? elamap 2 May 3, 2007 4:59 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America