Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Crocosmia, a short review: Crocosmia - no show of anything

Communities > Forums > Article: Crocosmia, a short review
bookmark
Forum: Article: Crocosmia, a short reviewReplies: 0, Views: 41
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
oceanwav1
Toms River, NJ

June 14, 2010
12:09 PM

Post #7887946

Hi Mark,

I purchased Crocosmia Lucifer at the Philadelphia Garden Show in March. I kept the bulbs/corms inside until May and then potted them up in small garden containters. After four weeks I only have one of the six/eight bulbs/corms with 2" of leaf showing.

These came with no instructions. How deep should these be planted? What type of soil? How wet should I keep the pots? Do they need full sun? Can I plant them in the garden and leave them in the ground over our winters here in central New Jersey.

I'm not sure where to read the answers to all the postings about Crocosmia - I'm not new to Dave's Garden, but I have not written in before.

Thank you.

Kathy
Oceanwav1

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Crocosmia, a short review Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Love your article and crocosmia! tabasco 30 Sep 27, 2010 7:16 AM
Question AlohaHoya 3 Nov 27, 2007 5:52 AM
How to get Crososmia to bloom in containers? clareb 0 Aug 6, 2008 4:53 PM
How does Crocosmia propogate? ShadowJack 0 Sep 7, 2008 4:04 PM
Crocosmia won't bloom idleness 0 Jun 13, 2010 4:51 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America