Photo by Melody
PlantFiles is getting a new look! Just in time for spring, we're rolling out a new look for the best online plants database. It will also work with your smart phones and mobile devices, so now you can take it with you on garden center visits or botanical garden tours. Questions or comments? Please post them here.

Article: Aunt Bett's Pleurisy Root: Butterfly weed: Plants & Handsome Men

Communities > Forums > Article: Aunt Bett's Pleurisy Root: Butterfly weed
bookmark
Forum: Article: Aunt Bett's Pleurisy Root: Butterfly weedReplies: 1, Views: 22
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Petalpants
Corpus Christi, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 15, 2010
9:30 PM

Post #7892442

Loved your butterflyweed/pleurisy/Aunt Bett story--- found myself totally absorbed in the tale. Of course I liked the history & facts of the plant... but I kept reading rather fast to see if you & Bruce were maybe going to get together for a date later on, or maybe he was even your future husband!... well, I can Imagine, can't I??! Guess I'm just a romantic at heart... It was a good story, Sharon! (And take care of your shoulder!)
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

June 15, 2010
9:35 PM

Post #7892454

Hey Connie...thank you.
Never ever saw Bruce again, so I can't tell you much more about him. Of course I was only 12 or so at the time, and that was more than 50 years ago...so...

I'll just watch for butterfly bushes.

Thank you, my shoulder is driving me nutz...and I am not a patient woman.
I sure need Aunt Bett right about now.

Be well!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Aunt Bett's Pleurisy Root: Butterfly weed Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
A Handsome Plant oldkate 8 Jun 15, 2010 7:12 PM
Butterfly weed gloria125 5 Jun 21, 2010 8:03 AM
What a great story! Bookerc1 8 Jun 18, 2010 8:53 PM
First love then relief 3pmp 1 Jun 22, 2010 8:25 AM
Wouldn't it be funny . . . cybercrone 1 Jun 22, 2010 8:24 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America