Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Aunt Bett's Pleurisy Root: Butterfly weed: Plants & Handsome Men

Communities > Forums > Article: Aunt Bett's Pleurisy Root: Butterfly weed
bookmark
Forum: Article: Aunt Bett's Pleurisy Root: Butterfly weedReplies: 1, Views: 22
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Petalpants
Corpus Christi, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 15, 2010
9:30 PM

Post #7892442

Loved your butterflyweed/pleurisy/Aunt Bett story--- found myself totally absorbed in the tale. Of course I liked the history & facts of the plant... but I kept reading rather fast to see if you & Bruce were maybe going to get together for a date later on, or maybe he was even your future husband!... well, I can Imagine, can't I??! Guess I'm just a romantic at heart... It was a good story, Sharon! (And take care of your shoulder!)
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

June 15, 2010
9:35 PM

Post #7892454

Hey Connie...thank you.
Never ever saw Bruce again, so I can't tell you much more about him. Of course I was only 12 or so at the time, and that was more than 50 years ago...so...

I'll just watch for butterfly bushes.

Thank you, my shoulder is driving me nutz...and I am not a patient woman.
I sure need Aunt Bett right about now.

Be well!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Aunt Bett's Pleurisy Root: Butterfly weed Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
A Handsome Plant oldkate 8 Jun 15, 2010 7:12 PM
Butterfly weed gloria125 5 Jun 21, 2010 8:03 AM
What a great story! Bookerc1 8 Jun 18, 2010 8:53 PM
First love then relief 3pmp 1 Jun 22, 2010 8:25 AM
Wouldn't it be funny . . . cybercrone 1 Jun 22, 2010 8:24 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America