Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Does Money Grow On Trees?: Lunaria - Friend or Foe?

Communities > Forums > Article: Does Money Grow On Trees?
bookmark
Forum: Article: Does Money Grow On Trees?Replies: 2, Views: 16
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Peaster
Montgomery, AL

June 16, 2010
2:50 PM

Post #7894531

I don't remember where I got my first Lunaria plant or seeds. I do know, however, that over the years it's become a pest with new seedling popping up all over my 100 x 150 ft lot here in Montgomery, AL. As I've worked my beds this spring and early summer, I've systematically pulled up at least 95% of the plants and even more than that of the ones that have already set seed.

Yes, the blooms are attractive and add color at a time when not much else is blooming. However, enough is enough! It will be very limited from now on.

Annepaola
Manahawkin, NJ
(Zone 7a)

June 18, 2010
12:23 PM

Post #7899896

I do understand your feeling about the prolific seedlings and I pull many as I work around the yard, and eliminate some of the puny ones. I really don't feel plants to be invasive however unless they are hard to pull or eliminate. Over enthusiasm I can take!.
jadajoy
Newport News, VA
(Zone 11)

June 18, 2010
2:01 PM

Post #7900358

Oh, I just love them! Wish mine would get overly enthusiastic..lol.
I guess its the zone you are in, perfect breeding ground.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Does Money Grow On Trees? Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Wonderful Lunaria Jax4ever 13 Sep 24, 2007 4:31 PM
Lunaria Sass10 1 Sep 24, 2007 12:07 AM
The Money Tree pupilpropogtr 1 Sep 25, 2007 10:09 AM
THE MONEY TREE FLASHKY 4 Jun 19, 2010 3:21 PM
ELEPHANT EARS...LEAVE OUT OR TAKE IN KY FLASHKY 2 Aug 24, 2010 11:01 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America