More of Our June Pictures and chat

Ripley, MS

I think most of us are oh high speed now--except Phyllis-and she is expecting to get it next month but lets start a new one so it will load easier with all these beautiful pictures.

I only have 5 new daylily pictures to show you today---they are still lots of blooms everywhere, but only 5 new ones. I think they have been prettier this year than ever before.

I'll start out with a Westborne Seedling that Phyllis gave me last year--she shared her order with me, I have 5 and 2 of them have buds. This is one of them

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

Route 66

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

Breathless Beauty

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

Coming Out Party--I was out pretty early today, this one was not completely open

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

I am not sure on the name of this one--I think it is
Together Again--I am going to call it that for now anyway--

link for the rest of today;s pictures
http://picasaweb.google.com/slcdm12/20100617June172010#
Fair warning, there are cute kittens on there today !!

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

Kathy Ann--here is a picture of my phlox--Jim will ID yours for sure Sat

Thumbnail by slcdms
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Sandra, will you please stop showing us photos of those cute kitties! It makes me want one! LOL All the lilies are beautiful and I love that phlox!
Everybody's pictures are so pretty.

I may have posted this photo on the other thread--don't remember--but I want to post it again because it is similar to Sandra's D/L above called Breathless Beauty. Mine is a noid--Buddy threw away the label when he planted these.

edited to add: I'd like to post a side-by-side photo of Sandra's D/L and mine to see how they compare. How do I save a copy of Sandra's photo to my computer?

This message was edited Jun 17, 2010 11:38 AM

Thumbnail by marsue
Ripley, MS

Open it up and right click on it--Breathless Beauty is about 5 feet tall

Ripley, MS

The red one in this picture is Breathless Beauty

Thumbnail by slcdms
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

This is the side-by-side. What do you think, Sandra? Could I have a Breathless Beauty, too? Mine is not 5 ft. tall but it is on that slope that goes down into the ditch beside the big pipe that goes under the driveway and water just runs off the slope into the ditch. My D/L might be bigger if it got more water.

Thumbnail by marsue
Ripley, MS

It is very possible--here is the info on Breathless Beauty

Start a New Search
Daylily
'Breathless Beauty' (Pittard, 1966)
scape height 30 inches
bloom size 6.5 inches
bloom season Midseason

ploidy Diploid
foliage type Evergreen
bloom habit Diurnal

seedling # 65-99

Color: purple red self with green throat

Parentage: (TIS MIDNIGHT PURPLE SPLENDOR)

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I'll point it out to him, thanks Sandra. I should water it befor then too ;0) lots of sad looking babies out there today.

I'm glad this is a chat thread too LOL

I tore up the embroidery machine at work and been off work for 2 days and tomorrow's not looking good either. next week will be rough playing catchup,

Bonnie and Kim thinks I did it on purpose LOL I'll never tell. ;0)

i'm enjoying the time off for sure. finishing up the green beans

Sandra. Do you remember Miss Norma? well, I just came back from the hospital, she's had a mild heart attack last night and is having a heart cath today. we'll know what happens next after the heart cath, they'll either do a stint maybe surgery, she's a frantic mess though. she calmed down before I left.

got the house all cleaned for Bonnie and Kenny & jim, well, as clean as it's going to be I guess.

I'm off to finish the beans, and go water again.

Ripley, MS

I am sorry to hear Miss Norma is having problems, you have some payback time now, she was so good to you. I hope she does not have to have surgery. I have a bloom on my Norma Jean today !

There is some good news on the prayer thread

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

A Norma bloom for Norma!

KA that was yesterday evening around 7pm.

Cindy, remember when I used to run inside the house when I heard thunder, no matter how far away it was? Now I sit on the porch and listen to it. I even go outside with Dave and watch the thunderstorms sometimes. I still freak out when there's expected tornadoes though.

Ripley, MS

I like summer thunderstorms too--I like to sit outside and watch them roll in, I hope we get some rain this afternoon

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

yes I know, I hope I do as good with her as she did me when I was in need.

she's got alot more time on her hands than I do. and darn, next week is going to be so hectic at work trying to play catchup. I'll manage. nothing more important than friends.

Ripley, MS

She may need you more when she is out of the hospital--how old did you say she is?

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

yes, that's when she'll need the help. she's 76 I think, maybe 72. she's like a second mom to me. she thinks highly of me also;.

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

As she should, KA.

A hanging planter after a brief rain last evening...

Thumbnail by duckmother

Down Under Pot...

Thumbnail by duckmother

NOID DL

Thumbnail by duckmother

There's an award for identifying a plant on this thread. I can't do it but I bet one of you can!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1108558/

Pretty Kim!! I love the down under pot.

RA Hanson is on the tag but I am not certain...

Thumbnail by duckmother

Touch-Me-Not

Thumbnail by duckmother

Crissy, I have no idea what it is! Looks like a fruit trying to sprout ;o))

Most of these plants I got at Rita's this year...

Thumbnail by duckmother

It does! It's weird!

Those are pretty too!! Seems it's been two years since plants were in bloom.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Don't cha just love those touch me nots? i'm having fun watching them, love all the colors

Norma had a stint put in this afternoon, 99% blockage. she's doing well. it was a close call for her.

Booneville, MS

Got my FFO of Barefoot Jim!! I'm so excited about this one.
Bonnie/Kenny, tell Jim he IS an eyecatcher! lol

Terrye

Thumbnail by tryliv
Booneville, MS

Here's Riley Barron. Thus one is definitly a slow grower. I have had him for several years and only have two fans.

Terrye

Thumbnail by tryliv
Booneville, MS

This is China Bride.
I just took all of these pics so these are after the blooms have been in the sun all day.

Terrye

Thumbnail by tryliv
Booneville, MS

Lucifer crocosmia

Thumbnail by tryliv
Lakeland / Memphis, TN(Zone 7a)

So glad you got your first bloom on BJ Terrye. Isn't it pretty ! Mine turns out to be an odd rusty red color. Very hard for me to capture. I came home to 4 blooms on mine today.

Thumbnail by n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN(Zone 7a)

My Big Bird is really putting on a show. It is my tallest and largest bloomer !

Thumbnail by n2birds
Ripley, MS

Whoa--hold the phone--I need that China Bride--that is a Munson !!! Beautiful !

I am watching my barefoot Jim too--I might have a bloom tomorrow ! Mine is still just one fan though--has yours increased Terrye?

Booneville, MS

We got a good rain day before yesterday and it's sprinkling out side now. The DLs are loving it! But the heat and humidity are horrible. I worked in the yard this morning from 6:00 untill 10:00 then had to give it up. Just too hot! Especially digging thugs out of my beds. I had some Kwanzas show up in a bed I've never had them in before. Had to have come in in mulch or dirt or something.

phlox Bareleven

Terrye

Thumbnail by tryliv
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

oh dear, a phlox I don't have LOL can't have that. he he

Here's fantasia hibiscus today

that jim sure has a pretty daylily !

you'll be happy to know I didn't blow up the house today I left the pressure cooker on the stove while I went out and watered, don't know what I was thinking. close call but that's all it was! LOL

This one looks alot like pink clouds, but a little different shade of pink on the outside part. and I think it's sunburnt LOL

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Tango lily strawberry & cream

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Booneville, MS

Don't let me forgrt, Sandra and I'll dig you some as soon as they are through blooming.

My BF only has one fan so far but it has gotten big. It's full of buds too.

Pale Pink has orange freckles for some reason this year.

Terrye

Thumbnail by tryliv
(Phyllis) Osceola, PA(Zone 5b)

Black Eyed Stella bloomed today....She's one of my favorites

Thumbnail by lilsista59
Booneville, MS

Someone may have posted this one. I saved a Final Touch from the Kwanzas and then got in another bed taking pictures and found it there. Didn't know I had two. But that's not surprising! lol

KA, mine should be big enough to get a piece off of it this fall. If not at least some cuttings

Final Touch

Thumbnail by tryliv

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.