Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
nitab1966
Chicago, IL

June 18, 2010
5:39 AM

Post #7898839

What an amazing "introduction"! The photographs carried me to the many bougainvillea shrubs I have seen in some parts of the world. I grew up in the Philippines where bougainvilleas (and hibiscus) are ordinary hedge fences. I saw several gorgeous ones in 2007 in Palestine (West Bank) from an upper hilly area where we could see how far Palestinian women have to walk after they are allowed to go through the barbed wire checkpoints.
Wish I could upload my Hebron Bougainvillea photo but I did link Geoff your article on my FB. I said it inspired me to raise bougainvilleas in a greenhouse (still to be built) in Michigan instead of raising chickens for retirement income. THANK YOU for an inspiring introductory piece. As a result, I have also joined Davesgarden.com. I attached my sun porch hanging bougainvillea photo taken Winter, 2010 in Chicago! It is now outside in our Brickyard Community Garden, which I will now prune.

Thumbnail by nitab1966
Click the image for an enlarged view.

palmbob

palmbob
Acton, CA
(Zone 8b)

June 18, 2010
6:41 AM

Post #7898965

Good luck with that! Send pics when you are up and growing

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Introduction to Bougainvillea Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Propagation jjacques 0 Jun 14, 2010 12:23 AM
bougainvillea arborea capcarl 2 Jun 14, 2010 6:49 AM
Thanks for the great article SunnyRegards 0 Jun 14, 2010 5:37 AM
Bougainvillea article bromeliade 0 Jun 14, 2010 7:47 AM
Bougainvillea article mimika 0 Jun 14, 2010 9:32 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America