June Weather - the Bounty & Beauty

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Old thread was starting to load slow, so here we go!

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Thanks Bernie - 92, Clear & Bright. I will have to water this evening.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

BP: a few mountains like the ones in Adina's photos would go a long way towards dressing up some of the small towns across our plains states! LOL
Bernie: thanks for the new thread! Sounds like a good day at the market!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Started out hot and humid, then a storm rolled thru. It formed and hit us very quickly and had us scrambling for cover. Whole thing lasted a couple hours and now sun is out and it's nice out. Chance of more storms north later on.

I call this the dwarf red ditch lily. LOL

Thumbnail by pepper23
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

We got 3/4" of rain this morning so no watering needed...
well actually only the containers would have needed it anyway.

Did more planting and moving pots.
We 'almost' have everything spotted in place.

Ric

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Thunder shower here this morning. Rained hard for hour. Still raining.
Farmers are hoping to spray crops one off these days. Fields are getting very weedy.
We were going to DD house to help with siding, we'll see.

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Thanks for starting a new thread, Bernie!
Sally, I'm glad you enjoyed the video. It's a wonderful experience and I'm happy to share it with you all!
Mau, this whole country is set on the mountains...you should see the view from the plane! I think I'll try to get some pics when we return.
Raining here and so cold, 55 only.
Clouds last night.

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Adina thanks for sharing all of those pics! Cute baby, great family, and nice scenery! I've always wanted to go to Switzerland, now I have!!

It's just hot here. Hot hot hot hot, and still hot. ppppppttttttthhhhhhhhh

Celia those purple rose whatever you called them lol are gorgeous, I love purple! I don't know about loading these pics, but here goes.

I took these this morning.

Kopper King

Thumbnail by crissyr

Front bed from and angle,

Mau those Hibiscus of mine are in clay and on a hill, they're not supposed to like either.

Thumbnail by crissyr
(Zone 7a)

Canterbury Bells. Campanula medium something or other. I like them, too.

Sorry, I haven't commented on anything. Been kind of busy. I have friends coming next weekend and Crystal called and said SHE was coming sometime soon, too. LOL Rains AND pours.

Oh, and it's hot. Again. And Darrell is on the roof getting the evaporative cooler ready for the season. 88

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Thunderstorm early this morning. Cleared off then went partly cloudy. Beautiful day, high 70's. Been at DD house working on windows. A pond liner jumped into my cart yesterday at Menards. So I may go out working on getting that installed.
Most everyday now will be picking & cleaning things for the markets.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

As long as I titled this thread, "Bounty & Beauty", I better add some pictures.
I kind of call my gardens "Cottage Gardens" because the lack of formal.
So just a bunch of pictures of various areas that are showing some color now. Even a weed here & there!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

My wife always wanted a Clematis. She planted this last summer.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Walked by the Gladiolus field & noticed how nice it looks freshly weeded & hilled.

This message was edited Jun 20, 2010 5:33 PM

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Just a couple of the veggies. This is the tomato greenhouse.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Long shot across the gardens.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Cherry Tomatoes.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

My 92 year old MIL just enjoying another day.
She goes to get her battery changed in her pace maker tomorrow.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Fabulous flowers 'n' stuff, Bernie!

Nuthin' new here.

Updated: 12:51 PM PDT on June 20, 2010
78 F
Clear
Humidity: 37%
Dew Point: 50 F
Wind: 5 mph Variable

Pictures from the San Diego County Fair
succulent fountain

Thumbnail by Kelli

another succulent display

Thumbnail by Kelli

This has got to be the most unusual rose I have ever seen. It's called "Memphis Music"

Thumbnail by Kelli

a couple kids

Thumbnail by Kelli
(Zone 7a)

You do good work, Bernie. Love all the shots. MIL looks content to sit right where she is.

Pretty, Kelli. I would love to make a succulent bed out front.

My first Henryi clematis.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Hot and humid with no breeze. It's so bad that my brothers were even complaining today. They are used to the heat and it doesn't usually bother them. Today it did. LOL

My first glad is blooming today but the pics I got yesterday aren't that good so will try again tomorrow. Instead here is my coneflower bed. It also has a few extremely hardy phlox and one black walnut seedling that my dad hasn't gotten around to digging up yet. Have another one on other side of the house that needs dug too. lol

Thumbnail by pepper23
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Bernie what lovely Garden Spaces!
Especially love those lilies!

Pep it was pretty rough here too.
91 w/ a heat index of 96 or so.... no breezes here either.
Plus we spent a couple of hours w/ Dad in the Home.
The lack of AC kills you when you come out.
Drove home w/ all the windows down and finally got comfortable.
It's down to 74 and feels GREAT! LOL!

Here's a rather, for here, rare butterfly.
Common Snoutnose.

Thumbnail by henryr10
(Zone 5a)

72 with a 50% chance of scattered T-storms. We're looking at a high of 87 and it is cloudy.

The reunion was great! I was sitting across the room talking when I spotted something red on someone's plate. When I looked up, the guy eating, was looking my way. Oops, it looked like I was staring. I went over to joke with him that I was wondering what was so red. (It was cake with really red frosting.) I took a piece with white frosting since I was seeing red tongues! I sat with them which one was the relative. Tim was, but Patty, his lady, and I started talking the most. She's into flowers. I rode up here with them and they really enjoyed my flower beds. They have a small yard in Davenport. She can weld and was interested in the small business that started up on the edge of town. The business welds ''country art." It's ok, but a bit too country for me.

The business is ''Black Crow Forge'' http://blackcrowforge.com/

Bernie, the little guitar guy was adorable and you set up a nice stand! Very eye appealing!

Adina, their hearts are going to break too when you leave, but I think DD will follow your lead and do just fine. She's gained back so much strength already and will be up to the challenge. Get him over his colic and he will be fine. You have so many wonderful memories in all those pictures!

Thanks for the new thread Bernie, I'm glad to see I'm not too far behind!

Marsue, LOL! I think that would be great! Meanwhile, I'll enjoy our hills.

Pepper, you name them like I do! I have one named "Adeline's Tall Dark Red With Yellow Throat and Veins." That all fit on the label too!

Ric, so nice to get the potting out of the way.

Kopper King and Cups and Saucers are beautiful!

Celia, more baby!!

Bernie, jumped like a fish, LOL! I think your name is perfect! Beautiful beds, and I didn't notice one weed thru the colors, LOL! That's a gorgeous Glad bed and amazing tomatoes! You have nice sandy soil and I love the long shot curve. Is that a solar panel and does it contol the irrigation?

Bernie, MIL is beautiful! Long life to her!

Kelli, once again you've managed to show us the unusual beauty that's out there. Those are the neatest displays I've ever seen and the rose is something else!

Celia, the white clematis is pretty and refreshing!

Pepper, I think that heat and humidity is moving in on us today. Nice coneflowers, and I love phlox!

Ric, we invited my Dad to the reunion. He had good food and talked to a variety of people. Plus, he grew up with some of the Dad's and Mom's. They've sadly passed, but their kids were there. Wow, love the snoutnose! Love the bloom he's on too! Was that a 4 and 40 ride? Four down and 40 mph? LOL!

Another plus to dropping the mower, is the yard isn't shaggy looking yet. I should have had to mow today. It's going to be a miserable week I think and the sun just came out. Brightly.

My unusual dragonfly

Thumbnail by billyporter
(Zone 7a)

Joey, I want baby pics as much as anyone! LOL I just can't wait t see them again. How is that JW doing? I'll bet he's a handful now. Oh! And you have a beautiful Black-Winged Damselfly. I wish we had those here!

Bernie, thanks for the new thread. Your gardens and flowers are wonderful!!!

A slow day here yesterday. I've been tired lately and Darrell spent the better part of the day on the roof getting the cooler ready and running. I didn't do much.

I may go get another Ninebark. Even the spent flowers look pretty and the foliage just keeps getting better looking, too.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

We're got POUNDED!

1/4" hail and solid thunder, no silent spots,power is flickering, I'm running on laptop.
POURING! 600 strikes a minute in the area.
Someone was hit north of us.
Several houses on fire again north of us.
Hwy's flooded....... 35,000 houses w/o power now.

We're 'just' south of the rough stuff.

WOW Ric, I'm glad you're alright, you are alright, right?

It's still just hot here. I can give a month of forecast in one word, "Hot."

Nice pics everyone!!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Yep everything is good here.
Temp is 72 and it's drizzling rain.
FAR cry from the 93 it was supposed to be.
55,000 houses are w/o power but it's basically in the northern end of the county.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

I've been out-of-town at my daughter's house since Friday but I made it back home about noon today and It was 96F on my backporch when I got here! Whew! As Crissy said, same forecast, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th chapter! HOT!
Too much to comment on but I agree with everything BP said, so just re-read her post if you want to know what I think! LOL

Spent some time yesterday afternoon with my daughter's extended family--step-kids and step-in-laws and step-grands (great-grands to me except that I'm surely not old enough to have great-grands--LOL) Anyway, we don't think of them as "steps", they are ours just like they would be if they were biologically related to us. :o)) I just put the "step" in there because my daughter is really not old enough to be mother to a 41 yr.old, a 37 yr. old and a 32 yr.old although they call her "mom". LOL (Her husband is just two yrs. younger than I am, so people often mistake him for my husband and her father! Life gets complicated sometimes!) My daughter does have two biological sons, ages 25 and 22, but they were at their father's yesterday, which was appropriate since it was Father's Day. Now that I have given you my daughter's family history, LOL, I'll guess I'll say "Enough said".

Too hot to go out and take pictures but my cousin watered the flowers for me while I was away and they are all looking good, in spite of the oppressive heat!

Hot and humid.....again. LOL. Strong breezes today which made it bearable. Storms north of here and tornado warnings along the MO/IA/Ilinois border area.

Lost power for about 20 minutes this afternoon at work. No storms, strong breeze but nowhere near the strength to knock out power so we don't know what happened. Started on the east side of town and worked it's way to us. Had to cover open coolers with plastic and what we call the bunker with cardboard to hold the cold temps in. Kinda had us standing around for a bit but once it was back on the race was back on!! LOL!! We are always running around like chickens with their heads cut off. LOL!!

Single coneflower bloom.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Well the Giant Rotten Catalpa Tree is gone!

Thumbnail by henryr10

It's so muggy outside you can't even breathe.

I have a question. We have trees in the back yard that are about 50 to 60 ft tall. We were outside watering and I heard this loud Thunk on the ground where there's nothing but white oak and pine. A squirrel started back up another tree, got to the very top, did some sort of 'dance' I'm going to call it, and fell again. Immediately went back up a different tree (these trees are right next to each other) and did the same exact thing. When it fell the third time it took off with another squirrel that stayed on the ground, but I found it messing around with the gravel in the driveway, I almost didn't walk up but it took off running. It was a big squirrel, sounded like a 20 pound dog hitting the ground.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.