Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Leaf miners: more than meets the eye: Hydrangea leaves look burned - Miners?

Communities > Forums > Article: Leaf miners: more than meets the eye
bookmark
Forum: Article: Leaf miners: more than meets the eyeReplies: 2, Views: 21
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
LeahJoy
Hawthorne, NJ

June 21, 2010
4:39 AM

Post #7906839

Good morning!
I have a perennial garden with a few hydrangeas mixed in. My other flowers are doing fine, but some of the leaves (okay lots of the leaves) on my hydrangeas are curled up and brown at the ends; almost like I lit a match to them. The bushes are still flowering. Is this possibly the work of a leaf miner? Thanks. I'm relatively new to gardening!
Leah

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

June 21, 2010
5:02 AM

Post #7906857

Hi Leah,
That doesn't sound like a miner to me. Leaves with leaf miners in my garden (on other plants) stay pretty healthy looking, except for the tunnels. I am not that familiar with hydrangeas.
You could try one of the Beginner forums for more help, or if you are a subscriber, one of the specific forums, like Trees and Shrubs. I'm guesssing a fungus, or a root problem, but again, I can't say with confidence. A picture of the leaves will help tell what's wrong.
Glad you other flowers seem fine. Thanks for reading, and happy gardening!
Sally

This message was edited Jun 21, 2010 3:09 PM
Landstander
Gainesville, FL
(Zone 8a)

June 21, 2010
10:57 AM

Post #7907744

My guess would be your plant may not be receiving enough water. Due to a lack of water or root contstriction/damage. There are many other reasons, but I find that to be the main reason why my plants tips turn brown.
Tim

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Leaf miners: more than meets the eye Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Your columbine picture looks familiar Bookerc1 4 Jun 10, 2011 8:27 PM
Great info! darius 1 Jun 17, 2010 6:01 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America