Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Geraniums, Pelargoniums and Erodiums: Seeking Scented Geraniums for Trading

Communities > Forums > Geraniums, Pelargoniums and Erodiums
bookmark
Forum: Geraniums, Pelargoniums and ErodiumsReplies: 9, Views: 114
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
txaggiegal
Belton, TX

June 21, 2010
9:15 AM

Post #7907453

I am looking for scented leaf geraniums...I am seeking cuttings or rooted plants of any of the citrus, fruity, rose...variegated, dark leaf, etc...I do have citrosa.

I have a long list of butterfly and hummingbird perennials to trade so please contact through d-mail to discuss potential trade if you are interested. Thanks, MaryAnn
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

November 27, 2010
8:16 PM

Post #8233688

I have a citronella geranium. Mosquito Shocker

Please let me know if you get any replies. I am wanting them also.
txaggiegal
Belton, TX

November 28, 2010
4:06 AM

Post #8233992

I had a large number of replies, took the cuttings and the project for the nursing home is now complete. Thank you for the response. MaryAnn
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

November 28, 2010
8:03 AM

Post #8234268

Do you remember who you got the cuttings from? I would sure like to get in touch with some. Do you need a citronella? I would be glad to send it to you.

Patti
txaggiegal
Belton, TX

November 28, 2010
12:31 PM

Post #8234663

Thanks, Patti, but I will have to pass on the citronella since I have so many of them...why don't you run a search through the plant files? Good Luck

bluespiral

bluespiral

(Zone 7a)

May 1, 2011
1:07 AM

Post #8531578

Hi Patti and txaggie, I have managed to not murder four rooted cuttings of Pelargonium tomentosum that I started last fall. They have a pretty good root system by now, but are not yet acclimated to the outdoors yet, so if grown outside would need to start exposure to the sun at just 30 min first day, 1 hour the next, 2 hours next and so on. Perhaps begin exposure in ourdoor shade and gradually move into sun.

Anyhoo - would you two like to trade for a rooted cutting of this one, also known as the peppermint scented geranium. It has sea or gray-green, round leaves with a velvety, slightly hairy texture. I like to grow mine on the edge of a stone wall, where it tends to grow low-ish and drape over the stones, for which I love it. Not to mention the fragrance - wonderful.

I would love to trade for other scented geraniums, so Patti's Citronella would be great. Hope to hear from you two,

Karen
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

May 1, 2011
11:11 AM

Post #8532416

Yes Karen. I would love to trade you a citronella for a peppermint. Let me know if you know anywhere else there are scented geraniums being traded. The citronella is all I have right now.

bluespiral

bluespiral

(Zone 7a)

May 2, 2011
9:09 AM

Post #8534508

Crit, I'd love to swap the P. tomentosum for a citronella from you. But I also have a few things on your want list that I can tuck in and need some time to get organized about that - I'll dmail you tonight.

But am sending you a dmail now regarding your other question.

tipsygyrl
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

July 12, 2011
3:18 PM

Post #8688752

How long does it take to get rooted cuttings? I inherited my mother in laws house and have scented geraniums coming out of my ears. At least 7 different varieties. Some I have been able to identify and others I haven't. I would love to learn how to get healthy rooted cuttings to trade with others.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

July 13, 2011
5:04 AM

Post #8689590

I never really paid any attention as to how long it took. :-( My citronella is a hit and miss on starting. I use a rooting hormone and put them into good potting mix. I'm not really sure what the trick is on them, except to have a good stem to start. Sometimes all of mine root and take off, other times none of them. Of course, it could just be me. LOL You want to keep them damp, but not overwatered or they will rot. Mine is one that doesn't take as much water as the others. It also doesn't like the hot direct sun, I keep mine under the patio cover where it gets filtered light.

I would LOVE to get some starts from you on them!!! I only have the citronella and peppermint. You can check to see if there is anything I have that you might like. I would even take just cuttings and try to root them myself.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!
Patti

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Geraniums, Pelargoniums and Erodiums Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Never grew these before.. Brugie 21 May 3, 2007 2:20 PM
Visions Light Pink echoes 5 May 4, 2009 8:38 PM
Overwintering - dumb question, I know AlohaHoya 28 Mar 19, 2007 4:00 PM
Hardy Geranium resource links, info, and pics? tabasco 46 Jul 26, 2007 7:26 PM
Plain ole standard geranium....how cold can i let them get?? sticks_n_stones 12 Mar 30, 2007 2:12 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America