AuthorContent

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

June 21, 2010
5:02 PM

Post #7908714

Today is the official first day of summer! Tell us what's going on in your garden...

Any links you all want me to add to this let me know!

We came from here... http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1105408/

Come on in...

Direction for free seeds for newbies here...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1010521/

Newbies that get lost and found here...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1010521/

Lasagna Beds for newbies here...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1037637/

Thumbnail by locakelly
Click the image for an enlarged view.

lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

June 21, 2010
6:38 PM

Post #7908909

HA - I made it!! Bought my new HP compact desktop computer yesterday at Best Buy in Rochester. Getting the parts together to assemble tomarrow, I've still need to clear some space in my cramped work room so I can install everything.

Had a great weekend with the kids and GD Olivia, nice BBQ in the backyard for a great day!

Welcome to the newbies, you've found a great bunch!

Al
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

June 21, 2010
7:10 PM

Post #7908998

Sure am glad I'm not the only one who can't see that little purple flower, teehee! Glad you've about got the computer problems solved Al! Just wondering, what kind of fertilizers do you all use on your flowering plants? Any thing special for any special plants? Anything not to use on anything? I'm thinking that since our growing season is so-o-o short, especially this year, so far, that maybe I should boost mine some.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

June 21, 2010
7:52 PM

Post #7909125

thanks loca im go;ng to try the climbing rose again i found it after checking all my photo files

Thumbnail by littlenettie

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

June 21, 2010
7:57 PM

Post #7909137

this was one of the first roses i plxnted when we moved out here from in town. love the color it needs a new trellis but won.t get one any time soon. nettie
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

June 21, 2010
8:48 PM

Post #7909235

Nettie, when was that? That is so pretty! Love roses, and have 2 climbers that I just planted this spring, so wondering how many years I have to wait, teehee. (Assuming I can keep them alive, that is)
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

June 21, 2010
9:10 PM

Post #7909265

that would be awhile ago longer than i can remember name is golden showers one of th older climbing roses around lovely rose.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

June 21, 2010
9:22 PM

Post #7909295

skel you can krrp them alive and most won,t climb the first year just be patient climbers do take their time but most are worth the wait.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

June 21, 2010
9:36 PM

Post #7909303

mekos i can,t find rrm home add do you know it. nettie
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

June 21, 2010
9:39 PM

Post #7909307

Thanks Nettie! I have a climbing yellow, but it's name escapes me right now.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

June 21, 2010
9:46 PM

Post #7909314

Beautiful rose Nettie!
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

June 21, 2010
10:06 PM

Post #7909335

thanks loxa at one time i had around `125 they take alot of work i love roses i havr one of yhe old green roses but can.t start roses this time of year thanksgiving is the perfect time to start roses if you won,t them to do good. ihave several people who won,t one things will have to wait. not good to start things when its the wrong timr of year. love nettie
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

June 21, 2010
10:26 PM

Post #7909344

skellogg i use fish on my hosta and ferns they seam to really like it. someone told me this was go to do i was haveing trouble with my ferns wilting. they don,t do yhat with the fish stuff.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

June 21, 2010
11:18 PM

Post #7909359

mekos got seed in the mail thank you good night love all nettie
cue_chik
Palm Coast, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 22, 2010
2:57 AM

Post #7909444

I found you all!

Al, you should see the sunflowers you sent... they are HUGE!

Thumbnail by cue_chik

lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

June 22, 2010
4:33 AM

Post #7909524

Hi Cue! Good to hear from you. I sent sunflowers to just about everyone, they should be in bloom all over the country by now. Love 'em. Thanks for getting back.

Al
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

June 22, 2010
5:30 AM

Post #7909622

Good Morning All.. Robin that baby is so precious.. I know he makes your heart proud..Nettie your yellow rose is very pretty...I was always told dont start rose cuttings unless the month has a R in it, the other months are just to hot..

I planted sunflowers but i was having lots of trouble with armadillos and moles too, but the armadillo's uprooted them..They also kept uprooting my daylilies.. I think my boys finally got rid of most of the armadillos.. Now the moles on the other hand are another story.. Any suggestions for ridding oneself of them? They are tunneling the whole yard up..I planted some dahlia tubers not to long ago and within a few minutes I could see the ground moving around it, I tried to dig the lil devil(mole) up but i never found him..Just wait till my Pup gets a lil bigger.. I bet he will get them for me and probably do more digging than the moles lol..
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

June 22, 2010
6:14 AM

Post #7909714

Haha, I think you are right about the puppy digging, Huney.
Nettie, the white blooming ground orchid is called a Spiranthes Cernua Var. Odorata, ground orchid. It has small leaves and sends up a spike that will flower all the way up the spike , it starts late summer and the flowers open around fall. Those I sent are blooming size pieces. They should bloom this fall. I was told they are hardy and go in ground but I kept mine in a hanging pot just to keep up with it. I'm gonna put it in ground this summer. One less to have to bring inside this winter.
Happy 1st of summer (officially),everyone. It's been summer here all spring. It has been at least 10-15 degrees hotter than normal all spring. It is suppose to get to 96 today and the air quality is not good either today. No breeze they said to move the air. At 9:00am, it is already 78 degrees and awful outside. From inside it looks great, nice and sunny and you go out and sweat. Guess me and Kaylee will hug the air again today.
MechelleT
Middleton, TN
(Zone 7a)

June 22, 2010
9:04 AM

Post #7910199

Huney, I have been having the same armadillo problem as you have. Here are a few links I've found helpful.

http://www.getridofthings.com/get-rid-of-armadillos.htm

Organic method:
http://www.dirtdoctor.com/organic/garden/view_question/id/7/

I am going to try the organic method. Let me know how what you end up doing and if it works and I will do the same. I know it's gross but I am willing to try anything. He knocked over like 4 tomato plants, and a couple bell peppers last night. grrr..

huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

June 22, 2010
9:36 AM

Post #7910278

LOL Michelle 22 bullets got rid of the armadillo's..Thanks for the links tho..Now if I could figure out how to get a scope on those darn moles I'd have it made hehe..
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

June 22, 2010
9:44 AM

Post #7910307

Heres a pic of my lil pup made about monthago.. If I can get him to be still long enough, I will get another pic today.. He has grown alot this last month.. He was 4 weeks old when we got him.. That picture was taken with my phone also sorry for bad quality..His name is Roscoe..

Thumbnail by huneybunch_2000

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

June 22, 2010
9:54 AM

Post #7910326

Cue, your sunflowers are huge! I only have a few growing of the bunch I planted. I think the birds were snatching my seed. The thanks I get for feeding them, huh?

huney - your puppy is a cutie!
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

June 22, 2010
10:14 AM

Post #7910376

Thanks puppies are a new experience for me..Ive always started with dogs that were already grown.. Usually rescued from the pound..Im learning they(puppies) are as much trouble as babies, you have to watch them all the time and he is always dragging out things.. My house isnt child proof or puppy proof anymore, so I have to watch him closely..Not to mention I always said NO animals in the house! But he was so small and so cute and it was so cool outside.. Now its so hot and the mosquitos are so bad. When he gets big I dont know what im gonna do with him lol.. He's a good baby tho..
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

June 22, 2010
12:08 PM

Post #7910622

mekos rrm your things are on their way dh just went out the back door with them i hope they make it all right. love nettie.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

June 22, 2010
12:14 PM

Post #7910644

huney fix him a place in the back yard and put in a dog door that works real good we have one the cat even goes out it i like them they are great for animals pets. love nettie
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

June 22, 2010
12:43 PM

Post #7910750

I was thinking about that Nettie.. Im teaching him to ring a bell when he need to go out so he doesnt scratch at the door.. He is so funny..He really does keep me company..We have to work out a gardening agreement tho.. He is always wanting to help me, when i go to digging with the shovel he gets all excited and wants to attack it, or when I get the hole just right, he thinks its his turn to dig..
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

June 22, 2010
1:08 PM

Post #7910804

i have seed for these

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

June 22, 2010
1:19 PM

Post #7910838

yhe bell would work but the dog door would save you time im not lazy but try to save steps whenever i can. need to go hook up some soaker hose just wish it wasn,t so hot 98 on front porch in the shade some of the house plsnts don,t look verry good i can,t go put until it cools off a little may wait until about seven this evening heat stroke is not any fun.love nettie that pup is so sweet.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

June 22, 2010
1:22 PM

Post #7910850

hi al sure have missed you glad you have a new puter. i need one but it will be a while before i can do that. nettie
arejay59
Litchfield, ME
(Zone 5a)

June 22, 2010
2:00 PM

Post #7910951

Now can you see the purple?

Thumbnail by arejay59

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

June 22, 2010
2:54 PM

Post #7911042

a landscaper in ft.smith told me to try bubble gum in the hole and they would eat it but they can,t digest it so they die id hate that haha no i wouldn,t they make a mess aym where they go they will even have their young in your flower bed they don,t care. nettie
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

June 22, 2010
2:57 PM

Post #7911048

rj ican see the purple i put my glassies on that always helps. ilike that little plant what is it called. nettie
arejay59
Litchfield, ME
(Zone 5a)

June 22, 2010
3:00 PM

Post #7911056

lol Nettie it is taller than I am I dont know the name that is what I am hoping ou will tell me!! If I can figure out what it is I can figure out how to propagate it then I can send you one!!
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

June 22, 2010
6:43 PM

Post #7911794

I'm almost up and running, doing huge file transfers today. Over a thousand photos and counting. New computer looking great. Found this recent photo of Lil' Olivia only GD so far.

Al

Thumbnail by lycodad

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

June 22, 2010
7:34 PM

Post #7911990

Oh how cute is she!
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

June 22, 2010
7:40 PM

Post #7912015

do we have a name the plant forum must be one somewhere on here ive nsvsr seen one like it before. nettie

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

June 22, 2010
7:44 PM

Post #7912029

We do - I think it's called Plant and Tree Identification.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

June 22, 2010
7:58 PM

Post #7912081

Arejay, your plant blooming purple is Lions ear, Lions tail, leonurus Cardiaca motherwort.
Now what do I win for finding the correct name for you? I think I should get a Iris seed pod too. LOL?????
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

June 22, 2010
8:27 PM

Post #7912168

al beautiful liyyle girl i love girls and boys both can,t help myself its the moma in me. nettie
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

June 22, 2010
8:51 PM

Post #7912223

HOT DAWG! Guess what I just figured out? You can hold down the ctrl key on your keyboard, and press the + key and the post where you are reading gets larger print. If you want to make it smaller, just hold down the ctrl key and hit the - key. I'm playing tonight.LOL
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

June 22, 2010
9:11 PM

Post #7912267

mekos be nice now don.t be mean. we love yoube good love nettie
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

June 22, 2010
9:26 PM

Post #7912297

old persian cat little yorki and bridge dog someone dumped him and dh said he would not make it all winter so we have him don.t know what kind he isnamed him shortie.

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

June 22, 2010
9:33 PM

Post #7912310

bumer where did the cat and dogs go my puter skils could use alot of work but i don,t have time now it will have to wait.im not going to try that again that picture has probly gonr back to photo shop that where thr yellow rose went at least they are not out in space some where love nettie .
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

June 22, 2010
10:08 PM

Post #7912374

mekos that picture i posted is some kind of wart can,t remember. nettie
arejay59
Litchfield, ME
(Zone 5a)

June 23, 2010
1:15 AM

Post #7912490

Netties is Virginia Spiderwort Hmm Mine is Motherwort? No kidding///Yes there is a plant Id forum and I should have expanded my use and used it... your just all so smart and dependable and familiar...I resist . THat is so funny Jan...I Planted Motherwort seeds nothing anywhere where I planted them over a year ago...LoL its growing wild all over the property. Now I have to go research. Thank You Jan. Keep up the computer skills your doing great and on more than one thread at a time...you go girl!!
arejay59
Litchfield, ME
(Zone 5a)

June 23, 2010
1:22 AM

Post #7912493

and look at this little pretty!!

Thumbnail by arejay59

arejay59
Litchfield, ME
(Zone 5a)

June 23, 2010
1:23 AM

Post #7912495

whoops sorry...
cue_chik
Palm Coast, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 23, 2010
3:01 AM

Post #7912534

Loca - I planted the sunflowers initially for the wildlife, but the tallest sunflower is now 17 FT and I'd like to save the seeds from that one for planting... just hope I get to them before the birds do...lol
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

June 23, 2010
7:51 AM

Post #7913170

Cue, make a baggie out of net- like you use for brides veil, and cover the flower seed part so birds can't pull the seeds out. That way the flower still gets sun and you can still see it and the birds will have to dine elsewhere.

Arejay, I gave up and went to Plant ID forum, I'm not smart enought to remember most plant names.LOL But I figured if we find out it's name this year, best to get help.
What is so weird Arejay, I have those around here growing volunteer everywhere and remembered seeing it, but had no idea what it was. So I wanted to know as well.

Well, Kaylee will be here shortly so got to go clean a little. Nothing gets done after she arrives.
I am working on my computer skills. I see you managed to post the 3 pictures on one post elsewhere !?! LOL
One day I will too. I tried half the night. I can get three boxes to show but no picture in the box. Back to the drawing board.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

June 23, 2010
4:54 PM

Post #7914682

ok this clem is in the end of bog garden

arejay59
Litchfield, ME
(Zone 5a)

June 23, 2010
5:24 PM

Post #7914782

Very pretty Nettie much bigger than mine!!
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

June 23, 2010
6:01 PM

Post #7914887

the last clem picture is a repeat bloomer blooms off and on all season long the color is not bad either. nettie
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

June 23, 2010
6:32 PM

Post #7914964

Nettie those are just beautiful! You really take good care of your gardens and the plants show it. They seem to just show off for you. Thumbs up!!!

Does anyone know the link to go back to where Mitt was showing his Irises and we were planning to go Iris napp some while he was sleeping? I need to go back there and look at something and don't know how to find it.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

June 23, 2010
6:51 PM

Post #7915005

never mind folks, i found it. thanks anyway.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

June 23, 2010
7:28 PM

Post #7915136

i think it likes water that bed is very moist every thing in that bed does good nettie. have you herd anything from enid.
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

June 23, 2010
7:42 PM

Post #7915184

Nettie, your clems are absolutely goreous! Your gardens are so pretty! You are obviously very good at caring for them! I agree with Mekos, They all look SO happy! Nice job! Well done!
MechelleT
Middleton, TN
(Zone 7a)

June 23, 2010
9:12 PM

Post #7915362

Hi Everyone!
I just wanted to pop on and share some good news with you.. Today Courtney and I went to a recording studio and recorded a 2 song demo cd! She is sending it to the Carl Perkins Child Abuse Center in Jackson, Tn and if the board likes her, they will ask her to sing for their televised telethon in August! Carl Perkins keyboard player saw her perform at open mic and hooked her up with the people there. She did "I Told You So" and "When Love and Hate Collide" .. It was an amazing afternoon..
Some other awesome news about Courtney.. We just found out that American Idol lowered the age to 15! She turns 15 on July 7th and they are doing the first auditions in Nashville from the 15-17th of July! We already got our room booked and we are going!! I cannot wait! I will keep everyone posted on how everything is going. I have been busy with that and trying to get her videos organized and new ones uploaded to YouTube. I guess I am now her official YouTube manager so she says! I really just wanna be her road groupie mom/hair & makeup stylist! I am really enjoying this, can you tell? ;-)

Sandi, I haven't sent you your prize pot from Silver Bullet & me, but I promise it will be worth the wait.. I will get it out for you this coming Monday. I have a couple of noids that popped up in my yard that I might ask you guys about tomorrow. Til then, goodnight and seeyatamarra!

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

June 23, 2010
9:27 PM

Post #7915450

Yeah Mechelle! That is awesome news about Courtney. Tell her I said "you go girl"!!
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

June 23, 2010
9:46 PM

Post #7915513

WooHoo!!! Congrats Courtney!! We love you!! We all want to be groupies for her, lol! Can't wait to see her on the road touring the whole country, Mechelle! We will all be out listening to her sing in our areas, ;-)
Mechelle, it's good that you haven't sent yet, as it turns out, as I have to be gone alot over the next couple of days, and I wouldn't have a lot of time to tend to them! Timing is much better for next week! Thanks!!
arejay59
Litchfield, ME
(Zone 5a)

June 23, 2010
10:24 PM

Post #7915567

YEAH!!!! Courtney and Mechelle!!!!
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

June 24, 2010
4:37 AM

Post #7915750

YE-HA!!! WAY TO GO !!! Congratulations Mechelle and Courtney. Can't wait to hear her on American Idol. I know she will do good. You tell her, I got faith in her and don't sweat it, It will be fun and GOOD! WOO-HOO!!!!!
On the road again, just can't wait to go on the road again, making music with my friends and then,
touring all the things to see, just can't wait to go on the road with Mechelle and Courtney.
Woo-Hoo!!!!! I'm ready!
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

June 24, 2010
4:56 AM

Post #7915773

Hi All.. Nettie your gardens are beautiful.. Mechelle, we are all excited for you and Courtney..Just be sure to keep us informed so we dont miss an episode..Its my DH favorite show.. Would be nice to feel a connection to someone there singing, I sure feel like she could win it..It wont be easy tho and its alot of work and time away from home..All worth it in the end tho even if she ends up in the top 10, they tour and do concerts.. Would be such a nice way to get her start..

The temps are over 100 here and the humidty is high and the soil is dry dust.. You cant water and make a mud hole for over 5 minutes.. The ground just drinks it up..Im having to water daily and for potted plants 2 times daily..

Heres a contest happening in the brug forum.. Guess how many seeds in the pod..
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1110274/

Another contest in brug forum Name the pod parents.. Both contest are for a chance to win seeds..
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1110279/

Enjoy Trish
arejay59
Litchfield, ME
(Zone 5a)

June 24, 2010
5:04 AM

Post #7915790

Mechelle will remind us when she is going to on tv? Will you ad the you tube link again too???
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

June 24, 2010
5:49 AM

Post #7915920

Hey you guys, Charleen of the RRM and Charley duo, just WON the photo contest at the british gardens forum!
Congratulations to you and Charley. Show us all the winning photo Charleen.
I'm so excited, you'd think I won.
Mojitos and cookies for everyone! Woo-Hoo!!!!!
Congratulations! Lots of good news around today!
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

June 24, 2010
6:08 AM

Post #7915960

Lol way to go RRM and Charley and Mekos!!!! Wohooo
MechelleT
Middleton, TN
(Zone 7a)

June 24, 2010
6:24 AM

Post #7915986

Good Morning! Thank you guys for all of your support! Even if she doesn't win Amer Idol, I think every bit she does just adds to her experience and confidence. She has come such a long way and I just hope all her dreams come true. Here is the link to a new video I added a couple days ago. One of my favorites. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckdoLfI72YA

Congratulations RRM! Mojitos in the morning! Woohoo!
arejay59
Litchfield, ME
(Zone 5a)

June 24, 2010
5:38 PM

Post #7917760

Iris sale is open Dmail me if you have questions
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0ArOiph5pgMVfdHFjdzFQU0FjV1pOcl94c1h4ZElzMEE&hl=en#gid=0
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

June 24, 2010
8:49 PM

Post #7918402

huney the temp reached 100 here today but i kept the water going anyway then i came in and crashed on the couch now im nursinh cold coffee and a hot soft drink im not recovered yet but im working on it, dh thinks im nuts but he playsd golf now i think thats crazy.may get some rain soon may not. nettie hang in their girl. nettie
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

June 24, 2010
9:40 PM

Post #7918523

another lily it seams everything is needs a drimk the butterfly was sucking it dry

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

June 24, 2010
9:49 PM

Post #7918535

mekos where are the pictures of rrm and charley i don,t see them. nettie
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

June 24, 2010
11:14 PM

Post #7918713

friends im going to bed hope its cooler today love xnd hugs to all nettie
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

June 26, 2010
8:48 AM

Post #7921984

We're off tripping again, this time driving into the Adirondack mountains to a little cabin in the woods. Wife's last day of school so we're leaving this afternoon, back next Thursday or Friday. Maybe get away from some of this heat and humidity. Garden is growing great though.

Al

MechelleT
Middleton, TN
(Zone 7a)

June 26, 2010
9:53 AM

Post #7922159

Have fun n your trip, Al. Lucky you!

Nettie, pretty Lily pics..

I had 3 hibiscus blooms today. Gotta get them sprayed before the bugs completely do them in..

Thumbnail by MechelleT

MechelleT
Middleton, TN
(Zone 7a)

June 26, 2010
9:54 AM

Post #7922163

Like this color a lot

Thumbnail by MechelleT

MechelleT
Middleton, TN
(Zone 7a)

June 26, 2010
9:55 AM

Post #7922168

Caught a little bee poking his head out..

Thumbnail by MechelleT

MechelleT
Middleton, TN
(Zone 7a)

June 26, 2010
9:58 AM

Post #7922178

This daylily I had marked as "Olive Bailey Langdon" but turns out thats not what it is. I think this one is cool but don't know the cultivar..

Thumbnail by MechelleT

MechelleT
Middleton, TN
(Zone 7a)

June 26, 2010
10:02 AM

Post #7922188

Does anyone know what this is? It has pretty little red flowers but has leaves like La. Iris. It just popped up out of nowhere and I have never seen it. I will put on Plant ID but thought I'd check with you guys first.

Thumbnail by MechelleT

MechelleT
Middleton, TN
(Zone 7a)

June 26, 2010
10:04 AM

Post #7922196

One more Noid.. Same thing as the last one. has leaves like La. Iris with this flower. Anyone know what it is?

Thumbnail by MechelleT

MechelleT
Middleton, TN
(Zone 7a)

June 26, 2010
10:08 AM

Post #7922311

Last one ;-) My Hollyhock bloomed finally. This is the one I got from the nursery for $1. It's like 5 ft tall already and I don't know if you can tell from the picture but it's a pale yellow color. Gonna go take a nap for a while.. Not feeling good today. See you all later ;-)

Thumbnail by MechelleT

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

June 26, 2010
10:14 AM

Post #7922342

Pretty blooms Mechelle... That red one looks like it might be some kind of Crocosmia? The other one looks like some kind of Lily maybe?

Maybe mekos or RRM will know for sure...
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

June 26, 2010
1:23 PM

Post #7922749

Yes, kelly got the first noid, Crocosmia and the next is blackberry lily. I have those.

Here is my newest flower blooming.

Thumbnail by mekos

MechelleT
Middleton, TN
(Zone 7a)

June 26, 2010
1:31 PM

Post #7922767

Hmm, thank you guys. I put that blackberry lily on the Plant ID and no one knew what it was. I don't remember putting that Crocosmia out there but I had to of since I made that bed last year, lol!

Mekos : I have to say that only the birds and the bees know where that precious little flower came from. But we can all guess that we know the cultivar, hence the pink blanket ;-) Hugs

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

June 26, 2010
1:52 PM

Post #7922801

OMG mekos - she gets cuter every day!! Is that possible?
Ayrica
Castlewood, SD

June 26, 2010
2:11 PM

Post #7922851

oh.. she is precious !!
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

June 26, 2010
5:56 PM

Post #7923273

I been meaning to show Mindy that blanket to see if she wants to make some. It is pink and has a brown bear where she is sitting there so you can't see it. But it is just simple granny squares put together and make the ears and nose stand out. I'll get a picture and show it later. Thanks everyone. She is not fond of the flashes from the camera. She was laughing till it flashed. I've kept her so much for them, she doesn't want to go home, she thinks she is mine. (BIG SMILE!)

Mechelle, I also have candy lilys of those also. They are all colors, like yellow, pink and mixed colors all on the same plants. Look just like that in the plant , just the color is different. When they bloom, maybe next year, I'll send you some seeds. The seed pods look like it is full of blackberry dots. My candy lily hasn't bloomed this year either though so the candy might bloom this year, I'll let you know if you want some.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

June 26, 2010
5:58 PM

Post #7923276

the bottom bloom looks like candy lili. nettie
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

June 26, 2010
9:04 PM

Post #7923775

What a cutie! And the flowers are pretty too! Are those candy lilies hardy?
MechelleT
Middleton, TN
(Zone 7a)

June 27, 2010
7:58 AM

Post #7924588

Mornin' everybody ;-)

Mekos, I would love some of those. So am I correct in saying that the blackberry lilies are also called candy lilies? I'd love to see pics of the others if you have any. Grandbabies are so special! How wonderful that the 2 of you have bonded. Life is good ;-)

Skellogg, I am getting your package together today. Will probably dmail you some questions throughout the day. I don't know a lot about your zone and your weather and yard and what not.

OK, gonna go back outside and do a few things. Have a good day peeps!
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

June 27, 2010
12:26 PM

Post #7925216

candy lili picture nettie

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

June 27, 2010
2:03 PM

Post #7925397

the picture was from last yrar my lili has not come up don,t know what is going on smothing may have ate them that wouldn,t tell me alot. nettie
MechelleT
Middleton, TN
(Zone 7a)

June 27, 2010
2:56 PM

Post #7925501

That one's pretty nettie. I like just about any purple flowers.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

June 27, 2010
5:39 PM

Post #7925837

NO Mechelle, the blackberry lily is orangeish red with black spots always. The candy lily is different colors. They are 2 different lilies.
As for hardy, they are here in zone 7 so if your zone is different, check to see. They come back each year and make seeds too, so if you don't collect the seeds, you will get bunches. The only pictures I have of mine are of the ones just like yours, the blackberry,I've had them for years, my candylilies, have not bloomed yet. Hope they will soon. I have the stickers that came with them and a picture on them from where I bought them last year. The name on those are something like Pardancanda Dazzler series. I may have misspelled that but there are lots of different colors in those. The blackberry only has one color. I just noticed my blackberry lilies have buds on them right now, won't be long now. Candys dont have one yet.
Can't believe it, we actually got rain today. I caught about 6 inches of water in my rain barrel.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

June 27, 2010
7:30 PM

Post #7926088

mekos did you get your box yet nettie
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

June 27, 2010
7:51 PM

Post #7926159

Wow! Had the warmest day so far this spring and we must have it 80! It was beautiful! Spent most of the day outside working and got some weeding done and a few things planted. Had to work too, though, so didn't get as much done as I wanted. Taking most of tomorrow off from work tho, just so I can get a few more things done outside in my yard. One of the area nurseries was having a huge sale, so got to pick up some bushes that I have been wanting! Got a purple sand cherry, a rhododendron, 3 dogwoods (2 variegated), a wine and roses weigela, a spreading yew, and a coppertina ninebark, all for $25! WooHoo! More planting to do now, but it will so be worth it someday, lol!
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

June 28, 2010
8:19 AM

Post #7927303

Good morning to all. I got my internet fixed! No more sending stuff to cyber space-Woo-Hoo!
Yes, Nettie, thank you so much. I sent a post the day it came thanking you but it went to cyber space twice and I was so frustrated, I logged off and forgot. (sad face) But the internet people paid for an antenna to help boost my signal for me and I got it installed late saturday and so far it is cruising fine!
I potted it up so I could keep an eye on it till it gets established and will put it in the lasagna garden this late summer/fall. We are having upper90's heat spell for several weeks now and real dry so didn't want to kill it out in the heat without being established. Thank you so much.
Congrats, Skellogg. When they all start blooming, you will be so proud of yourself.
Gotta go get some work done. Have a great day everyone. Hugs.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

June 28, 2010
12:46 PM

Post #7928039

mekos did you take the little ones off the moyher plant they should bloom in the spring. morning sun after noon shade they will grow foot tall folage in spring znd make long bloom spikes. little nettie
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

June 28, 2010
5:18 PM

Post #7928781

Nettie, I left them all together. I just potted it up and watered it and set it to get morning sun and evening shade. Thought around the end of summer, I'd put it out in the garden with my other plants. And you say it blooms in the spring?
The white ones I sent you will bloom in the fall. Wow, just oposite. LOL
Should I seperate the bulbs this fall when I plant them in the garden,or just leave them alone?
Thanks again, I'll show blooms when I get some. BIG SMILE!
Mitts Iris sale is off and running right along and some are sold out already. You guys better hurry if ya want more or they might get gone too. I even picked 3 beauties myself.
Back later. Hugs.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

June 28, 2010
8:52 PM

Post #7929386

mechelle a good way to tell the candy is the bloon bud reminds ne of the top of a ice cream swirls around in a cone shape look at the picture of the puriple one i put on this thread make it go big you can see the bud real good nettie
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

June 28, 2010
9:14 PM

Post #7929417

seperate them before you plant them out that way you will have more plants should have done that two or three years ago im gona do the rest of them this fall so i can have more to share with all my friends.love and hugs.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

June 28, 2010
10:44 PM

Post #7929529

mekos what kind oe iris are these

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

June 29, 2010
4:23 PM

Post #7931219

come on girls someone tell me what kind of iris this isit has lived here longer than i have might get mitt to look at them rj do you think he would look and tell me what they are love nettie.
arejay59
Litchfield, ME
(Zone 5a)

June 30, 2010
1:43 AM

Post #7932153

You have Dmail Nettie
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

June 30, 2010
6:30 PM

Post #7934127

I dont know what type they are Nettie, but they sure are pretty..Love that lavender color..
cedarcottage
Madison, MS

June 30, 2010
7:25 PM

Post #7934292

Hi Nettie,

Your Iris are planted around a pine tree and you have pinestraw covering the bed and your iris still bloom. What do you do to them?

Cedar
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

June 30, 2010
8:36 PM

Post #7934487

dau. just put two large containers of red pepper in my flower beds i hope it work ill let you all know how or if it works the dogs don,t like it thats a good thing i don;t like where they take their naps so i told dh to go by dollar general for more pepper. talk later love nettie
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

June 30, 2010
8:53 PM

Post #7934527

i don.t do much of anything to them sometimes i toss a little boanmeal on them earley before spring rain sets in thay bed is full of lily bulbs and tulips also and some bell flowers they all do well togeather i tell all my plants there will be peace and harmony in this bed or some of you are out of here. never had to move any thing out yet. i use pine straw on on alot of things my la iris love it the camellia loves them also ythose pine needles are free and they just fall on the bed i don.t have to rake them or spread them out put straw on strawberrys also. im guilty yes i am. love nettie still won,t to know what kind of iris that is.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

July 1, 2010
8:27 AM

Post #7935398

Hi Nettie, sorry I haven't been on for a few days, haven't felt well.
The Irises are heirloom bearded Iris, I have those also. I'm not sure about the actual name of them though. I have the white ones which are called the trail of tears or something to that effect. Starlight did a story on those a while back and found their original start. I have the darkest black purple, white, and lavender in those. They are as some call"old timey", or "heirloom", sorry I don't know more.
I'll check back in later and see if I can find out more for you on them.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

July 1, 2010
12:52 PM

Post #7935926

mekos thank you ill be wsiting to here back from you. love nettie

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

July 1, 2010
5:40 PM

Post #7936440

Hey RRM - remember the mystery hitchiker that came with my Pitcher Plant? I think I found out what it is...

It's an Asiatic Dayflower/Blue Dayflower Commelina communis

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/653/

Thumbnail by locakelly

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

July 2, 2010
7:26 PM

Post #7939052

loca do we need a new thread this one is getting very long thank you nettie

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

July 2, 2010
7:36 PM

Post #7939077

Here you go peeps...

Happy 4th everyone!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1112730/
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

July 2, 2010
9:30 PM

Post #7939377

mekos my day lilis are all budded up and starting to bloom. wish enid was home so she could see them bloom. hope that boy is takeing care to water her plants or perhaps a friend. hate to see her things burn up. love nettie snd good night to all

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Garden Talk Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Vines for shade Foxglove 27 Aug 23, 2007 2:17 AM
wierd bug problem Ivey 9 Mar 7, 2010 7:54 PM
The ComposTumbler dave 43 Apr 18, 2009 5:06 AM
Are there any plants that discourage snakes? If not, any other ideas? Carol7 35 Aug 23, 2007 12:37 AM
Vine support pole Dinu 11 Jan 13, 2014 1:26 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America