-
AuthorContent
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 27, 2010
10:21 AM

Post #7924975

I am going to set some hard and fast rules for the Birthday Club effective immediately. Hopefully this will allow everyone to play nice together. Since no one seems to want to step up and be the bad guy, I'll do it. I know we will lose some more people, and that some will be upset for one reason or another. But hey, this is the bottom line. This is supposed to be FUN. Not a one of us needs another hassle in our busy, stressed out lives. Everyone here has some cross to bear, some folks carry more than one.

So rule number one is HAVE FUN! If you can't bring a sense of humor or a smile to the party don't come.

Rule number two is about the "gifting" of birthday goodies. New plan that I hope will solve the problems of most of the people with financial issues. All goodies must fall into one of these 3 categories:

1. A handmade or crafted something that you do. Most everyone I know on DG sews, paints, crafts or does some sort of hobby that they could share in some small way with the birthday people. If it is only a handmade card that you can send for $.44 that is terrific. This is not supposed to be about the gifts, but the giving. If any of you have joined thinking that you are going to have some bodacious birthday haul of expensive items, think again.

2. Second category would be plants. Hey we are a gardening forum after all. A lot of folks have extras or starts or cuttings. Send what you can afford to ship.

3. Gift cards for plants, or gardening related items or anything else that people have mentioned in their wishlists. I am not going to set an amount. Make it whatever your budget allows. Once again it is about the thought and the effort. There has been discussion of using the gift card idea and people thought that wasn't fair for the birthday person to have to pay shipping on their own gift. Seriously now, how many of you are going to go to Bluestone or Almost Eden and just get a couple of things? Come on. If you are going to go shopping there you are probably going to spend more than the gift card anyway so the shipping is just part of that. Anyone that does crafts would love a card to Micheals or JoAnns etc. I know I would. Keep in mind a lot of gift cards can be done online eliminating the postage issue all together.

Now that we have the ground rules set I encourage everyone to go to the New Likes and Dislikes link and adjust their posts accordingly. List your plant wants. List the places you like to shop or would like a gift card from.

Current Members:

Rouxcrew (Joy) Jan. 15
ClanCampbell (Chris) Feb.28
FruitoftheVine- (Susan) April 9
Janaestone - (Dianae) April 12
Sissy70 - (Judy) April 16
Marti001 (Mary) April 17
Gardenchick1982 (Becky) May 27
Polyacre (Paula) August 14
GAgirl1066 (Paula) Sept. 1
Barhea7 (Bre) Sept 7
Ddbydeb (Deb) Sept. 22
Ridesredmule (Charlene) Oct. 1
Rvnsbrk - (Juanita) Oct 9
Hope43 (Hope) Dec. 28

New Likes/ Wants Thread

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1107561/

This message was edited Jul 19, 2010 11:33 AM

This message was edited Jul 27, 2010 1:25 PM

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk
Click the image for an enlarged view.

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 27, 2010
10:28 AM

Post #7924999

I'm back!!!!

Great trip. Came home to some deer damage, some beetle infestations and some dried out dead plants, but it should be fixable with some time and replacements.

Hotter than all get out here. I was out for a little this morning, but I can't even think about working out there tomorrow. We have some tree work to do and I have a bunch of clients to weed. This is the time of year when it is not fun to work outside. :0)

Stay cool everyone! No July birthdays so everyone gets some time off. That doesn't mean you can disappear. Hang out whenever you can and share some plant photos or other intel about the things in your life that make you happy, sad, crazy etc.

Neener

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

June 27, 2010
11:43 AM

Post #7925143

Glad you are back Neener! Glad y'all had a marvelous time!

We are hot and dry. I am hoping for the tropical depression to move into our part of the gulf and maybe give us some rain although it might make trouble for LA and the oil spill. After lessons this morning we started on the corn patch but I had to stop after a couple rows due to the heat. We might get a chance to start up again this evening after lessons, but it now stays pretty hot till after dark. Hmmmm, maybe I can pick corn by the light of the moon.

Thumbnail by rouxcrew

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 27, 2010
11:51 AM

Post #7925151

We need rain all of a sudden Joy. It is really awful here and the heat index is over 100. Supposed to get better later in the week, but I'll believe it when I see it.

ddbydeb
Summerville, SC
(Zone 9b)

June 27, 2010
5:53 PM

Post #7925885

Welcome back Neener! OK who hexed me?LOL! I gave been sick all month I swear! Had to go in on Fri for surg for my kidney stones jeesh! I just htought i would be up and rinnign all over like new by monday so I coudl teach a class! I am so behind! did get out and drag myself around to pick veggies though! if you want a real producer try Pepino man it is going crazy on the fence! I have smepnt my limit on time up so I am headined back to eat a pain P and curl up or stretch out rather!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 28, 2010
7:38 AM

Post #7927172

Welcome back, Neener! And you take care Deb.

Here's "Tropical Depression" for you Joy.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

June 28, 2010
10:15 AM

Post #7927654

Oh my!!!! Is it your tropical depression Fruity???? Would it be able to spawn off some baby depressions this September???

Joy

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

June 28, 2010
10:20 AM

Post #7927670

Beautiful Daylily.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 28, 2010
2:31 PM

Post #7928324

Yes it is, Joy! I started a new Spider Daylily garden last Fall and should have a baby or two by them to share with you. Here's another view of the same bloom.

Is it EVER going to cool down? DH and I just came in from our back porch that faces East and it's still 98 in the shade with about 300% humidity.

dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 28, 2010
4:56 PM

Post #7928694

Susan , after seeing you here and again at the RU, we could be called the sweating twosome. I didn't know anyone sweated bullets like I do,(and boy did I sweat today, got sun burnt to) but my dear friend, you do. Stay cool if possible.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 28, 2010
6:27 PM

Post #7928983

It's a good thing we both have short hair and can push it back over our ears and point it in a V behind our heads. We might still be sweating bullets the next time we see each other. Take it easy & don't overdo it.

Here's a close-up of Zinnia "Candy Cane" grown from seeds my SIL Denise sent me for my B-day.

GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

June 29, 2010
3:32 AM

Post #7929617

Oh Fruity,
Love it! Please save me some seed. As you may or may not know, we make and distribute peppermint, so I would love to have that one. I am trying to collect some things with peppermint or candy cane in the name. So far I have a peppermint hydrangea and geranium. I think I tried those last year and they didn't do so well for me, but I think they needed more sun than I gave them. Thanks
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 29, 2010
5:41 AM

Post #7929800

Fruity I love that zinnia. As you know they are one of my favorites. From seed no less. You rock girlfriend!!

Paula what kind of things do you do in peppermint??

Oh well, off to the races. Many errands to do today. Hopefully it won't be as hot.

This is the rascally little kitten on vacation. He found a great place to rest.

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 29, 2010
7:55 AM

Post #7930161

Cutie Pye!

I saved half the pack of seeds, GA, in case I needed to try again. Will send them to you :) It's sort of weird some of the blooms are red & white striped and others are white or yellow, all from the same Burpee pack.

GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

June 29, 2010
10:56 AM

Post #7930582

No Susan, don't do that. You keep those. I sent your package today, so you will be getting a little surprise about Thurs. The craziest thing, I can't find the jewel orchid I was trying to root for you. I don't know what I did with it. Just have to try another.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 29, 2010
2:52 PM

Post #7931021

Too late, GA. I have your envy of seeds already sealed and ready to mail in the morning. Oh, the cutting I took of Bonfire rooted and is doing well. It's still an itty bitty plant but wanted you to know I had good luck and it's doing well.

Everybody cool off and have a "Milkshake"...coneflower that is.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

June 29, 2010
3:01 PM

Post #7931043

I love kittens, til they get to their teenage years, that's when they start becoming a cat.
They are so long-legged and gangly looking. But I like cats, used to have a pair of Siamese. So pretty.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 29, 2010
3:51 PM

Post #7931155

Then here's a pic for you, Charlene. Kitty Shadow had a litter of 4 kittens Saturday. Two are black with white feet & have white patches on their chests and look a lot like their Dad, and the other two are creamy white. So far two kittens are spoken for, well three if you count my MIL who wants a boy. Been there, done that, Neener, when I didn't have a clue :)

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

June 29, 2010
5:41 PM

Post #7931433

Oh! Fruity, They are beautiful. Look at mama I know she is padding her paws with love for her babies.
Don't forget pic when their wee little eyes open. They are adorable. Kiss kiss babies.
Auntie Charleen loves you.
GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

June 29, 2010
6:02 PM

Post #7931502

Fruity,
Didn't she just have a baby a little while ago? Did you give that one away? My son says he wants one.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

June 30, 2010
8:17 AM

Post #7932783

I bet that little white one will show the Siamese. It will get darker. Can't wait for their eyes to open.
Let's see if they got blue eyes. The male Siamese I had was so crosseyed, he was beautiful.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 30, 2010
3:25 PM

Post #7933652

GA, I sure did and he's up there in Neener's basket...LOL! Pye was Kitty Shadow's "litter of one" born on St. Patties Day. Can you tell he went to a great home and that little stinker has already been on a vacation! Edited to say: If your son wants one, we're on!

Oh good, Charlene, I wasn't sure if they'd get their points later or not. There's actually two creamy ones in the litter. The larger one is curled up suckling and the skinnier one is climbing. They're all so much fun to watch and hold and talk to. When I scratch their tummies, they yawn :) Absolutely precious!

This message was edited Jun 30, 2010 5:26 PM

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

June 30, 2010
3:57 PM

Post #7933714

MY DH doesn't care for cats , he says, But I love all critters.
But aren't they nice to kiss on top of their little heads. Give one a kiss for me.
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

June 30, 2010
4:08 PM

Post #7933743

We live next to a farm and people are forever dropping cats off by our house. I have a soft spot for the little things and have brought home(found) 6 cats and 3 kittens. All at different times of course. They have all been taken to good homes except for one. =)

my daughter Anna and our found kitten,kiku . They both fell asleep.

Thumbnail by momoftwo607

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 30, 2010
4:30 PM

Post #7933789

Anna's so cute, Erin, and it looks like Kiku is as big as she is...lol I rescue kittens and puppies dropped at our dumpsters and take them to our local animal shelter. It's so sad people can be so cruel to a helpless animal!

Will do, Charlene :) Somebody dropped Kitty Shadow at our house about this time last year when she was just a kitten and was such a wild-child she llived under our utility building for about a month before we could coax her out and finally touch her. Now she's my cat, follows me everywhere, and is such a love! Can you tell she was born to be a gardener...LOL

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

July 1, 2010
7:24 AM

Post #7935247

She truelly is a gaArden cat. I got garden chickens, She is beautiful.
I have a new flower bed I'm starting and here are my little "helpers"
the Baby girl and kitten are cute. DH says I sleep like that. Cute.

Thumbnail by ridesredmule

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 1, 2010
12:00 PM

Post #7935826

Charlie what kind of chicken is that one in the center? He is gorgeous!!! I love chickens as much as I love kitties..

Neener
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 1, 2010
5:44 PM

Post #7936448

Wow, GA! I found the box of plants you sent me this afternoon next to our garage door. Our regular mail lady is off for the long Holiday week-end and she always leaves my stuff on our front porch. What a nice surprise! OK, I know the begonias are houseplants and the White Crinum is a perennial I can plant in my garden, but still need to look the rest of them up. From their names I'm guessing they're tropicals like the Black Magic EE. To clue the rest of you in, GA started cuttings for me in March and I'm floored to have another B-Day present. GA, You rock!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

July 1, 2010
6:07 PM

Post #7936503

The little rooster in the middle is a SEBRITE (?) I hope that's right but if you google they will tell you.
It is a Banty and was thrown over my Mule fence and made it's way, there was 6, til hawk got them, up
to our Cedar Tree, that is where they roost. Even that hen. Keeps them safe.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 1, 2010
6:25 PM

Post #7936539

He's pretty, Charlene. We have a pair of red-shouldered Hawks hanging around and I got a kick out of watching a Mockingbird chase one of them off yesterday. Talk about fiesty! When I was a kid, we had Rhode Island Red's so yours looks really exotic and cool-looking. What kinds of plants are on tap for your new garden?

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

July 2, 2010
4:45 AM

Post #7937240

Iris and Daylilies and a bog for Iris's.
isn't that great????
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 2, 2010
6:05 AM

Post #7937408

Sounds like a great plan :)

hope43
Tulsa, OK
(Zone 7a)

July 2, 2010
7:29 AM

Post #7937609

Hello all, trying get back on my feet foot lol. legs so bad painful and right foot. but its ok you all know me by now i will come thru it all by the grace of God..

thinking of you all.. many blessings, happiness.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 2, 2010
10:52 AM

Post #7938099

Keep hanging in there Hope. Thinking of you.

Neener

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

July 2, 2010
3:41 PM

Post #7938635

I sent you a d-mail, Hope.
charleen
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 2, 2010
6:22 PM

Post #7938925

It might sound weird, Twyla, but I was thinking about you today since I hadn't seen you on here for a while. You take care.

dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

July 2, 2010
7:10 PM

Post #7939025

Twyla, Just know you are special to us and will remain in our prayers. You are so right. "
All things are possible with God.'
hope43
Tulsa, OK
(Zone 7a)

July 3, 2010
3:36 PM

Post #7940952

You all make me feel so good and happy to thnaks..

Charleen thanks so very very much..

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

July 4, 2010
10:03 AM

Post #7942589

Hugs, Girl. We love you...
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 4, 2010
11:57 AM

Post #7942864

Hey Joy you out there?? DH and I were talking about border collies this morning over coffee and that got me to thinking about Rain. Haven't heard you mention him lately. How's he doing with his training?

Hope everyone is staying safe and cool. It is going to be in the nineties here all week and that pretty much means I will be laying low.

Look for the black blob up in that tree and you will see the little Pyewacket kitty exploring his world. He thinks if he lays up there over the bird feeder he will get lucky. Fortunately the birds are smarter than that.

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk

hope43
Tulsa, OK
(Zone 7a)

July 4, 2010
2:44 PM

Post #7943103

Charleen thanks so much.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 4, 2010
6:46 PM

Post #7943570

I see that smart little fellow! He's really growing, Neener, and is a climber just like Kitty Shadow. Look at the Hercules Beetle she played with today.

Yeah, Joy, I miss you too. What cha been up to?

barhea7
(Bre) Sellersville, PA
(Zone 7a)

July 5, 2010
3:54 AM

Post #7944060

Adorable kitty!!
I WANT TO SEND OUT B-DAY PRESSIES!!!!
LOL, we need to recruit and find some July B-days!!
I am going threw withdrawl and was actually debating on sending Aug & Sept out but then I realized it is way to early... or is it? :)
I hope you ladies had a wonderful holiday!
Bre
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 5, 2010
4:15 AM

Post #7944087

I am getting ready to send out August bday present. Just because I have a little money now and don't know if I will next month.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

July 5, 2010
5:28 AM

Post #7944180

Need to have a birthday every month for someone.
Just rearrange the dupl. to round out the year.
It is always nice to get a pckage whatever day it is.
You have my permission to make a later date.
Maybe some of the other folks will swap their days too.
Love the Kitten, it is so cute.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 5, 2010
6:34 AM

Post #7944288

Ah yes Fruity an affinity for bugs. Little Pye has that too. Been crunching his way through several species a day. :0)

I'm having withdrawal too. Seems way too quiet around here lately. Marilyn you out there?? Check in folks and let us know what you are up to.
mcrochet
Marilyn Glen st. Mar, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 5, 2010
7:54 PM

Post #7946208

Yes Neener,,,I'm here. Just checking in tonight and seeing how you all are doing. So far so good! Great!
I've been sewing myself ragged here for two weeks now straight. Getting ready for a tractor show that's not until October but can't wait until then to get things ready. My livingroom has been turned into a sewing room. I have fabric everywhere!

I have made two little dresses so far, (completely finished) two 'unusual' aprons,,,only one of their kind,,,:),,,made from ladies' bib overall shorts,,,peach colored linen,,,they are so neat! Have three more pair to take apart and make into aprons.

Have four J.D. sets cut out and ready to sew,,,barbecue sets for the guys. Apron, mitt, and towel.

I will try to take a pic of some of it when I get more done,,,
I have cut out four pairs of bibs for children,,,five pair of shorts,,,five little boys shirts and five little girl blouses...I know there is more,,,but can't remember...
I have made one 5-gallon bucket organizer so far,,,have more to cut out. I will post a pic of it since I know where that pic is.
after posting pic,,,going to hit the hay,,,this ole gal is beat...
good to see you all and maybe one day I can sit and chat a little while.

Thumbnail by mcrochet

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

July 5, 2010
8:53 PM

Post #7946335

I am dropping out of this club. My feelings have been hurt. I too have money problems and am a widow. But I always manage to send out nice b-day gifts. Out of all the ones that I sent out this past year, I only received 5, and hardly anyone here said Happy Birthday to me. I waited till now because some of you kept saying that they would be late, but it's been well over a month now so I assume I will not receive any more.

Thank You and Good Bye

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 6, 2010
4:58 AM

Post #7946693

Marilyn you have been a busy bunky! Love that bucket organizer. I've seen them in catalogs before, but now I think that I must have one! Very useful.

Cindy we are sorry that you feel like you have to leave. If you decide to reconsider we'll be here.

Gonna be another hot one today. Over 100 degrees the next few days. Bad air quality on top of it. Errands to do today, but tomorrow and Thursday I have to be outside for work, so it's going to be rough.

Marti and Judy and Paula are you out there?? Stop by and let us know what you've been up to.
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

July 6, 2010
7:39 AM

Post #7946990

Awww, Cindy.. I'm sorry to hear that happened to you.. I hope you'll give this another try since we've changed up how we're doing the club now.

Marilyn, good to "see" you! Lady, you have been busy and I love that bucket organizer..Glen had one similar to it and used it all the time. It's great for gardening supplies :)

Hope everyone had a good holiday weekend.. guess it's time to get back to the grind, huh? :)

Hugs to all of you!
Chris

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

July 6, 2010
8:00 AM

Post #7947030

I've not seen her listed. I looked at the top to be sure there was no b'days Presents to send out.
i am sorry If I missed your day.
Love the Bucket organizer.
Polyacre
Rapid City, SD
(Zone 4b)

July 6, 2010
8:43 AM

Post #7947130

That bucket looks sweet! Does it have a padded seat? Those would be handy to have in the garden, ya have a seat to sit on instead of the ground all the time and could stuff your tools in the pockets... But the camo fab would definatly have to be changed up to some pretty garden theme... Love it!!!

Cindy... I have just recently signed up and don't see your name on the list!! Sorry !!

I have been keeping myself busy in the garden.. weedin and spliting plants. So many have out grown their space... And in the process of making a few new beds to put them.. Work Work work !! Awww It will all be worth it in the long run...

I am posting a picture of the HandPainted childs rockers that I make.. I started making them for the grandbabies ... And then befor I knew it .. This person wanted one, that person wanted one... And now... Whew !!!! They are all different themes "one of a kind" per what the person wants for their gift. But I have done princess and the frog, pirates , tonka trucks, atv and off road, farm and animals, bert / ernie seseme street, winne the pooh, fire trucks/ man and others... Here is the most recent one.. A grandpa ordered it for Grandbabies 1st birthday!! Guess they call him Charlee the monkey.. So monkey/safari theme...

Paula

Thumbnail by Polyacre

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

July 6, 2010
10:40 AM

Post #7947367

That is cute as can be. A lot of work too.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 6, 2010
2:26 PM

Post #7947890

Excellent work Poly!! Great painting.

The reason you don't see Cindy's name is that I removed it this morning after I read her post.

Chris I had the same idea about that bucket organizer. I NEED one of them.. Good thing I have a birthday coming up in October.. Hint Hint Marilyn...:0)
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 6, 2010
3:49 PM

Post #7948064

Poly Paula, that rocker is adorable -- post more pics of others you've painted if you have them handy-- and your bucket organizer is awesome, Marilyn. You gals are so talented! Jaybird sent me a bucket organzier last year with RMB and believe me, it's had a workout and is loaded with pretty much everything for a trek to the gardens except a cushion. Course I could turn it over but everything would spill out and worse yet I'd have an extra crease where the sun don't shine...LOL. I've been saving my back, Diamond, and using that pair of knee pads you gave me :)

Kitties update...all four have they eyes open! The two creamy ones opened theirs Sunday and I noticed yesterday the black & white ones have opened theirs too. Gosh that was quick since these little fellows are only 10 days old. The two creamy ones are getting their Seal points and have dark markings on their ears, noses, and tails. The pic is of the larger creamy one and the black & white runt who's quickly catching up with the others in weight.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

July 6, 2010
3:59 PM

Post #7948098

good thing I don't live closer, I might have to get one. I love them, they are precious.
hope43
Tulsa, OK
(Zone 7a)

July 6, 2010
4:28 PM

Post #7948179

Cindy, I'm so sorry, i know i sent i know i stared last yr. never missed anyone have not this whole yr,. if i did let me know.. i try my very best and am on very tight budget also. i know how it is never getting gifts so i do try.. i'm always afraid i don't do good.

many blessings everyone.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 6, 2010
4:48 PM

Post #7948219

Oh cool Fruitcake they are going to be so sweet. Little Pye is anxious for his brother or sister to come. It was so hot today we let the cats in the house this PM. They just sprawled right out on the tile floor and went back to sleep. :)) It is brutal out there.

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

July 6, 2010
4:51 PM

Post #7948226

Charleen and Poly you joined after my b-day so I am not referring to you two, but Thank You anyways
Twyla I did receive yours, but I don't think I ever posted a pix of them. Sorry

I lost a very dear friend to cancer this afternoon and my heart is breaking big time.
I sure wished someone could find a cure for this dreaded disease.
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 6, 2010
5:46 PM

Post #7948335

I am sorry about your friend purpbutfly. I have lost family to the dreaded disease as well. My heart goes out to you.

Erin
barhea7
(Bre) Sellersville, PA
(Zone 7a)

July 6, 2010
6:02 PM

Post #7948425

Sorry to hear that Cindy. I sent one to you... My mother had cancer and complications from that took her. My heart goes out to you.
ADORABLE kittens!! I want one :)
Bre
mcrochet
Marilyn Glen st. Mar, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 7, 2010
3:49 AM

Post #7949095

Cindy so sorry to hear you lost a friend. I've lost several to that awful disease. It's a sad thing to lose anyone but when you see how they suffer with it,,,it makes it even harder.

Ladies,,the organizers are going to be geared more toward ladies. I have one cut out with big huge sunflowers,,,working on it after I get these thirteen dresses finished.
Seems everyone wants one,,,so maybe it will be a hit at the tractor show! All the guys of course either want camo or tractor theme. guess it's a 'guy' thing. lol

you all have a great day and I've got to get back to work.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

July 7, 2010
6:56 AM

Post #7949362

John Deere or Farmall will be what they want. They will be great.
so sorry about your friend passing. I have an old friend that is battling cancer, actually a couple of them. Can't say enough prayers but I keep trying. bless you girl. Hang in there.
Charleen
mcrochet
Marilyn Glen st. Mar, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 7, 2010
7:05 AM

Post #7949372

Charleen is there any farmall fabric where you are???? It is like a high commodity here, none to be found. Have been online searching,,,and have found some in Missouri,,,but none close to Jacksonville!
We are gearing some bucket organizers toward J.D. and the farmall if we can find it. My friend is helping me,,,she cuts out,,,I sew...trying to teach her,,,but she's to afraid of the machine...going to take a while to get her used to that needle moving so fast. lol
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 7, 2010
8:33 AM

Post #7949584

Look on ebay, they always have some.
Polyacre
Rapid City, SD
(Zone 4b)

July 7, 2010
8:34 AM

Post #7949587

I am in farm country and sure could look for some of that fabric here... I am not really into sewing/fabrics... But if you tell me what farmall fabric is I could sure look...

Here is some more pics of chairs I paint..

Winne the Pooh

This message was edited Jul 7, 2010 8:38 AM

Thumbnail by Polyacre

Polyacre
Rapid City, SD
(Zone 4b)

July 7, 2010
8:35 AM

Post #7949591

Princess and frog

Thumbnail by Polyacre

Polyacre
Rapid City, SD
(Zone 4b)

July 7, 2010
8:38 AM

Post #7949600

Pirates

Thumbnail by Polyacre

Polyacre
Rapid City, SD
(Zone 4b)

July 7, 2010
8:39 AM

Post #7949606

And last one, don't want to hog the thread !!

4x4's

Thumbnail by Polyacre

momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 7, 2010
9:02 AM

Post #7949694

http://cgi.ebay.com/FARMALL-IH-TRACTORS-100-Cotton-Quilt-Fabric-BTY-/390029521678?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Fabric&hash=item5acf92330e

Their's alot more on ebay. Just punch in farmall fabric and they will come up. =) My dad's a farmall man as well. I bought him a farmall shirt for christmas that said " Grass is green, tractors are red". lol

Erin
mcrochet
Marilyn Glen st. Mar, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 7, 2010
9:35 AM

Post #7949791

Yes, and Erin,,,' if it ain't red, leave it in the shed'. lol,,,
But my favorite is 'Big Green working machine!" lol

Paula,,,farmall fabric is fabric with red farmall or international tractors on it. J.D. fabric here is running anywhere from $3 to 6.97 a yard. I can find J.D. everywhere online,,,but Farmall is hard to come by down here.
And I love your chairs. to cute!
Polyacre
Rapid City, SD
(Zone 4b)

July 7, 2010
9:43 AM

Post #7949813

I will stop by some fabric stores tonight after work and see if I can find it for you, if I can I will get a couple of yards.. Looks like fun fabric !!
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 7, 2010
9:45 AM

Post #7949818

I just love those chairs Paula!!! They are the most adorable things for a kid. Heck if you made one with laddybugs on it I'd have to have one. :0)

So sorry to hear about your friend Cindy. I know what you are going through.

Keep those fingers away from those sewing machine needles Marilyn. :0) One minute of inattention and you will be attached to you work.

So hot I can't believe it today. Managed to work some this morning and now I have to drive a couple of hours up to my parents house for a surprise party tonight. It's a crazy day and I find I have less tolerance than ever for hurrying around.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

July 7, 2010
9:54 AM

Post #7949845

JoAnn's might have it. I sure want to go there. I'll look .
want me to get you some if I see it, the Farmall?????
check this out.
http://www.heirloomcreations.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=197:farmall-tractor-fabric&catid=34:new-fabrics&Itemid=73&el_mcal_month=4&el_mcal_year=2010

This message was edited Jul 7, 2010 12:02 PM
mcrochet
Marilyn Glen st. Mar, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 7, 2010
2:11 PM

Post #7950440

I checked at our JoAnn's here,,,nothing but John Deere and it was mostly fleece. I have a friend checking on her way through Atlanta this week.
lol, it's not me afraid of the needle,,,it's my friend who says she can sew,,,but I've never heard my machine going so slow. :)

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

July 7, 2010
2:53 PM

Post #7950520

Didyou check out the link?? Whew!! expensive too!!! People just don't realize how high fabric is til they go shopping, HUH????
mcrochet
Marilyn Glen st. Mar, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 7, 2010
4:05 PM

Post #7950694

Checked it out Charleen,,,that's it,,,but can't afford that price! Will have to 'shop' around,,,surely someone has it cheaper. Just have to keep looking. :)
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 7, 2010
4:09 PM

Post #7950707

http://cgi.ebay.com/COWS-TRACTORS-FARMALL-INTERNATIONAL-HARVESTER-FABRIC-/180506468139?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Fabric&hash=item2a07061f2b

mcrochet
Marilyn Glen st. Mar, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 7, 2010
4:25 PM

Post #7950749

Thank you for that link. That's not a bad price at all. Will put it in my 'watch' list and think on it a bit. That same material I have found for 9.00 a yard. At that price,,,there would be no profit to speak of for making anything. geezzzzz,,,why is everything high except our paychecks? lol
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

July 7, 2010
6:16 PM

Post #7951039

Got a new baby pic for you :) Went over to DD's yesterday..Kailey is doing her best to learn to walk. :) She now pulls herself up and stands by the couch.. I was lucky to get this silly pic of her with my phone camera!

Thumbnail by ClanCampbell

GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

July 7, 2010
6:32 PM

Post #7951068

Hello everyone,
I'm hear Juanita...waving...been gone alot this summer. We stay at the coast alot and I only have access to a computer with my son's laptop. We have been fishing alot and catching trout. It has been great weather the last 4-5 days. I did not want to come home, but had to check on my babies (plants). Some were really thirsty, another day and it may have been too late.

According to the news, you northerners are having a major heat wave. Try to stay cool and don't overdo it. I feel for those who don't have A/C.

Just checking in...take care and take it easy.
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 7, 2010
6:42 PM

Post #7951083

No AC here. Been trying to stay inside during the day. Tomorrow is suppose to be hot,humid and hazy. YUCK. I guess the humidity is suppose to be very uncomfortable. Guess its another day inside.
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 8, 2010
8:10 AM

Post #7952201

Was their someone in our bday club that 'collected' the different kinds of coneflowers? I remember someone mentioning it but can't remember who.

Erin

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

July 8, 2010
8:53 AM

Post #7952315

We supposed to be 100 but feel like 102, with our humidity it won't take much.
Polyacre
Rapid City, SD
(Zone 4b)

July 9, 2010
10:13 AM

Post #7955046

Well I thought for sure that I would be able to help you out with that fabric... No such luck.. I found all kinds of the John Deer fabric, and not being the fabric kinda gal.. I have to say when I have never really checked out fabric befor... OMG !! There are so many cute ones.. I think I need to learn to sew now !!!
Polyacre
Rapid City, SD
(Zone 4b)

July 9, 2010
10:19 AM

Post #7955056

Sissy70.. Judy !! I had a surprise in my mailbox from you !!! What a treat getting my birthday surprise so soon! I have not opened it yet hope you don't mind... I have it sitting on my desk where I can stare at it with anticipation!!!
Thank you my friend!!
mcrochet
Marilyn Glen st. Mar, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 9, 2010
10:56 AM

Post #7955130

Yes,,,J.D. is everywhere! Farmall has not been in production that long I don't believe. That is why it is so rare right now,,,the stores haven't started carrying the 'real' stuff. I mean they have the fleece like you make the throws out of, and the 'farm' fabric of the little boy on his red tractor,,,but as far as the farmall international label or real tractor,,,I haven't found it in any of the stores. But I still have time.
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 9, 2010
12:01 PM

Post #7955273

Look at this farmall tractor fabric. nice!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Farmall-International-Harvester-Tractors-Cotton-Fabric-/250663373316?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Fabric&hash=item3a5cb38a04

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

July 9, 2010
12:20 PM

Post #7955313

Nice. gotto go over to wants and don't want page to see what Poly wants or needs or whatever.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 9, 2010
4:15 PM

Post #7955884

Could someone please turn down the heat??? :0) I'm melting...

Looks like some bad storms on the way here. I'm hoping for just some rain, but the radar looks nasty. Have a feeling it could be a bad night. The dog gets so freaked out in the storms that no one will be sleeping. We need rain though, so I guess I'll take it anyway I can get it.

Hope everyone has something fun planned for the weekend.

Looking forward to some more birthdays!! i miss the chatter around here.

Oh geez, I almost forgot!!! Had some good news about my Dad today. His tumor marker in his blood went from a 28 to a 15. He starts another chemo on Monday, but so far so good. Thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts.

mcrochet
Marilyn Glen st. Mar, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 9, 2010
4:17 PM

Post #7955888

Nice! love that tractor print! lots of possibilities there with that.
mcrochet
Marilyn Glen st. Mar, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 9, 2010
4:19 PM

Post #7955896

Great news Neener! great news! temp went to 108 here today on the thermometer. even the pool is hot., like getting in a bathtub. I know it's hotter than hadies outside when the temp inside with air running reaches 90. The fans are moving the air,,,but it's warm air,,,cooler than outside though.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 9, 2010
4:21 PM

Post #7955903

Forgot to show you this picture of my "children". This was in the library this morning. We've been letting the kitten in off and on during the day since it has been so hot and he is black. He wants to curl up with the dog so badly, but Ladybug is kind of scared of everything, so when Pye comes up close Bug gets up and moves. :0)

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 9, 2010
4:22 PM

Post #7955911

Yikes! 108!!!! I thought I was melting. I'd have to fill a tub with cold water and stick my head in it. o}
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 9, 2010
4:51 PM

Post #7955965

It was 101 here yesterday. Not as hot today. I like the 70's . lol.

Erin

Thumbnail by momoftwo607

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

July 9, 2010
5:31 PM

Post #7956027

Hey Neener and everyone, my home computer crashed on me last weekend, the 4th I believe, and I am still waiting to hear if they can get me my info back out. I had backed it up a couple weeks ago but of course I cannot find it. Anyway I am working on my little notebook at the kitchen table and I hate it.
Rain is now 8 months old and we are at a standstill in training. He is mentally immature still and rather than bore him by doing the same things over and over, I am not training him. Instead we are playing ball, swimming, and just hanging out. About once a week I ease him around the sheep to see where we are. He knows an awful lot, just can't seem to put it together. There will come a point when things start to click and we will be smoking.
We have gotten a lot of rain for this time of year thanks to Alex and the latest tropical depression which is wreaking havoc with the parasites in our sheep although I must admit that not buying hay for the first time in four years is pretty cool. Temps are running in the high 90's with tons of humidity because of all the water.
Garden is in limbo, too hot and wet for anything to produce, we are trying to keep the tomatoes alive till fall now.
I am starting to make my jams and just got done with a batch of Pineapple Habanero jam. I am going to make some candied jalapenos and some pepper jam and marmalad as well. Picked all the mustang grapes for this year, threw them in the freezer so I can make the jam later.
No bad news or injuries to report, other than I got into some poison sumac and have major itchy arms.
Joy
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 10, 2010
4:07 AM

Post #7956804

Thanks for checking in Joy!!! I was getting worried. Thought maybe you were off at trials or something. We are finally getting some nice rain this morning. I've been out walking around in it with an umbrella just checking on things and listening to the sighs of relief. DH thinks I've lost my mind. He's just mad because his golf date got cancelled. :0)

Looking forward to a fun, relaxing day inside. Hope everyone can join me!
sissy70
Rushville, IN
(Zone 5b)

July 12, 2010
5:44 PM

Post #7963668

polyacre glad you let me know you received it I thought I was going nuts when I went to look for it and it was gone must have picked it up with some other ones to another swap thanks for letting me know have a very happy birthday next month yours sissy70--judy
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 16, 2010
5:57 AM

Post #7972346

Helloooooo Out there!! Anybody home??? Miss you all. Stay cool.

Had a little earthquake here this morning. Very interesting sensation. Hope to not repeat that soon.

Don't forget our Birthday girl in August!!!

Neener
GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

July 16, 2010
6:10 AM

Post #7972364

Good Morning Neener,
Gosh, an earthquake. That has been happening more and more over here on the east side. Hope nothing was damaged, and it won't happen again.
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

July 16, 2010
6:59 AM

Post #7972481

I think to experience an earthquake would scare me to death! At least it would make me have to change my britches. LOl this may get deleted but that's ok.
Hope each of you are well and happy.
AYF, Faye
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

July 16, 2010
7:17 AM

Post #7972528

Good morning :) Funny, on another thread.. I was just saying that I'd take Oklahoma tornadoes over the California earthquakes anytime..cause I can outrun a tornado :) But I know that here in Burlington IA, we are smack dab in the middle of a major fault line that runs close to the river.. we've had a couple of small quakes in the past, but I didn't even know they happened :)

I'm adding a picture for our tractor fanatics :) Every year, they had a gathering and this year they were in Burlington..this is from our local paper. These folks take "tours" of surrounding scenic sites and stuff ..on their tractors LOL..

Hugs to everybody!

Thumbnail by ClanCampbell

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 16, 2010
12:26 PM

Post #7973265

Yepper Faye it was a nifty sensation. Sometimes here in a bad thunderstorm the windows will rattle, but when the floor starts to shake that's enough for me. I just think Mother Earth is really ticked off at humanity right now. She's showing us who's really boss. :0)
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 16, 2010
6:19 PM

Post #7974110

Went out to catch lightning bugs with my son and we found a little baby bird sitting on my arbor at 9pm. I think he lost his mommy. =( I have a habit of bringing in and trying to help little critters but I left him out there this time.

Thumbnail by momoftwo607

momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 16, 2010
7:38 PM

Post #7974281

he is a baby waxwing
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 16, 2010
8:31 PM

Post #7974398

Dang, Erin, we only see Cedar Waxwings in January or February when they're picking our cherry tree clean of dried berries. Nice pic! Let us know how the baby does.

Who-hoo! Shake, rattle and roll...there's nothing like a little bitty tremor to remind us Mother Nature's still in charge. I wondered if you felt it, Neener. LOL Faye, you should have been with me when the Loma Prieta earthquake hit Northern CA in 1989. I had just sat down to watch the 3rd game of the "Bay Bridge" World Series on TV when I heard a freight train sound. Didn't think much of it since I lived near SFO and thought it was just a jet. Little did I know what had happened til the next day. Can you imagine watching your fridge literally "walk" across the floor and wonder if your cabinet doors, swinging open and shut at will, were obsessed by an alien?

Edit: I'll take a small quake like that one anyday over a tornado or a hurricane.

This message was edited Jul 16, 2010 10:33 PM
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

July 17, 2010
3:59 AM

Post #7974791

Susan, any time I get the chance I would want to be with you...except that time! Wow, cannot imagine the fear when frig began walking. When it comes to storms, I don't want any!
Hugs!
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 17, 2010
4:59 AM

Post #7974897

we had a little after shock a month ago from one way up in Canada.
sissy70
Rushville, IN
(Zone 5b)

July 17, 2010
11:23 AM

Post #7975811

some of my flowers these are my zinnias

Thumbnail by sissy70

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

July 17, 2010
12:39 PM

Post #7975910

Tranquil Garden

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 17, 2010
2:01 PM

Post #7976031

Ah Sissy you must have known that zinnias are at the top of my favorites list. Those are a gorgeous color.

Charleen I love your little statue. I guess I should take some pics. It's too hot to do anything else.I think Fruity is getting some bad storms down her way if the radar I am looking at is any indication. I'm betting she won't be online tonight the way it looks.

How about a hot little kitten. Being black is no fun when it's 100 degrees out. Charleen how does Charlie handle the heat?

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

July 17, 2010
3:50 PM

Post #7976313

Poor kitty. They do suffer. Well the donkeys are all slick, they finally shed that winter fur in time to grow more. Charley is not suffering. All he does in stand in a pastures and eats. I don't ride him after I feel off. It wasn't his fault, I feel off when my foot came out of the stirrip. He is great.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 17, 2010
7:44 PM

Post #7976929

Call me warped, Faye, but I love T- storms. If it's lightening, I have to watch, and think there nothing like hearing the crashing sound of thunder.

Hey, Charlene, Hope when you fell only your pride was bruised :) Would you like to have a few Hens & Chicks to fill up that pot?

Our T-storms were bad both this afternoon right after lunch and late yesterday afternoon, Neener. At least we're getting some much needed rain. Ohhh my, look at Pye! He's 4 months old today and looks like he's almost as long as Kitty Shadow. By the way, she moved her kittens last week from the box to a cooler place next to the chimney. She's a smart girl and a good mama. Can you believe those little buggers are 3 weeks old today, born the same day as our RU, and are already crawling?

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 18, 2010
4:24 AM

Post #7977232

We need pictures Fruitcake!! Can't wait to see them again. I know you are busy. Thinking of you.

GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

July 18, 2010
4:30 AM

Post #7977235

OH wow, guess what was in my yard this AM. Look at the pictures...TOO cute!

Thumbnail by GAgirl1066

GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

July 18, 2010
4:32 AM

Post #7977236

I kept hearing a cluck, cluck and looked out the window. She was inspecting one of my cats and the babies were 'hiding'. I didn't even notice them until one little 'bad' boy stuck his neck up

Thumbnail by GAgirl1066

GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

July 18, 2010
4:34 AM

Post #7977240

This poor momma had 10 little babies. She obviously is doing a good job.

See the cat at the end of the liriope.

Thumbnail by GAgirl1066

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 18, 2010
6:24 AM

Post #7977425

Way cool!!! I never will forget the first time they paraded across my yard up here either. I couldn't believe my eyes! Around here we call those times "Marlin Perkins Moments". Anybody that knows what I am talking about raise your hand. :0)
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 18, 2010
7:24 AM

Post #7977560

Cool shots, GA!

Waving high, Neener...Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom.

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 18, 2010
8:02 AM

Post #7977641

Somehow I knew you'd know that one Fruit Loop. :0P Alas those were the good ole days...

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

July 18, 2010
9:38 AM

Post #7977862

That is wonderful. Run, Babies Run!! from that cat.
Some times we have deer.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 18, 2010
4:50 PM

Post #7978959

Mid-afternoon in the heat of the day today we watched a doe walk across the road from our yard to our neighbors. Those little green apples were too irresistable. I hope they stay over there and leave my buds alone, or should I say what's left.
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 19, 2010
6:13 AM

Post #7980116

With heavy heart I have to say that I can no longer be in the birthday club. I thought that I would be able to afford it but can not. Thank you all for being so kind hearted. I will be sending Polyacre's present. Thank you and "see" you around.

Erin
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 19, 2010
9:32 AM

Post #7980577

We're sorry to lose you Erin. I'll take you off the list and stop by when you can.

Thanks for letting me know.
Neener

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

July 19, 2010
10:44 AM

Post #7980762

AW! Shucks!!!
sissy70
Rushville, IN
(Zone 5b)

July 19, 2010
11:56 AM

Post #7980922

where do i go to post my flowers that are in bloom sissy70--judy

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

July 19, 2010
12:02 PM

Post #7980942

Sissy, try here, these pretty good group of folks here. I know they would love to see your flowers.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1116356/
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 19, 2010
2:09 PM

Post #7981254

I'll miss you, Erin. Take care of your babies first.

Sissy, this is another place you can post blooms, family, pets, scenery...anything you like and the group's very friendly. Our hostess just started a new page today: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1116873/

Neener, Check out Pye's look-alike!

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 19, 2010
2:12 PM

Post #7981264

The runt is on the left and has a good bit of white under his chin...man is that one vocal, and Pye's look-alike is on the right.

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 19, 2010
2:20 PM

Post #7981283

That's Pye's look-alike again in the background. The two creamy ones are getting their points. Too funny they're always gonna have white toes!
The dominant kitty & still largest since birth is on the left, another one that's vocal and is first to come running when I call "kitty, kitty". The smaller creamy one comes running too, actually they all do, but that one is quiet and goes to sleep when I scratch its tummy.

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 19, 2010
2:22 PM

Post #7981288

They feasted on canned kitty fish for the first time today :)

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 19, 2010
3:52 PM

Post #7981461

You just made our day up here Fruity!! Thanks for the pics. :0))))))))))))))))))))))
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 19, 2010
4:07 PM

Post #7981502

It was a challenge taking photos of moving targets but they curled up after a fish dinner and went sound to sleep. DH said to tell you the "mooses are on the loose"...lol :)

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

July 19, 2010
4:10 PM

Post #7981508

They are growing so fast. Look at them!!
So cute.
GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

July 20, 2010
3:57 AM

Post #7982556

Oh fruity,
I want one so bad, they are so cute! But I already have three, and DH would have a fit if I brought anything else home.

Thought I would share this with you, Sunday morning was sitting at the computer checking in with Daves, and I kept hearing a sound. DH came in and asked if I heard it. Here is what was in the front drive.

Notice one of my kitties and the base of the liriope.

Thumbnail by GAgirl1066

GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

July 20, 2010
3:58 AM

Post #7982557

and what was momma turkey squawking about...

Look at the middle to top of the pics...black lumps

Thumbnail by GAgirl1066

GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

July 20, 2010
4:00 AM

Post #7982558

cutest things...they were hugged to the ground, except one little 'bad' boy that had to pop his head up.

My husband tried to get a pic outside, and she decided it was time to leave with her 10 babies.

Thumbnail by GAgirl1066

GardenChick1982
(Becky) Gresham, OR
(Zone 8a)

July 21, 2010
12:30 PM

Post #7986178

Hi everyone...sorry I have been MIA but I had a heck of a cold and it just laid me out for a few weeks. I also had a trip to california I couldnt cancel so I had to pull my self together for the trip. as soon as we got back I had to get my sons 3rd birthday party together and this is the first moment I have even had to breath. I forgot how much of a stress reliever dg can be.
I hope all is well with all of you. Sounds like a bit of excitement felt with an earthquake. I grew up in southern California and as long as they are not to big I find them kinda fun!
Erin I will miss you and cindy I will be missing you as well, your my Bday buddy as we share the day
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 21, 2010
4:21 PM

Post #7986740

Hey Becky!! I was wondering about you the other day. Glad to know you are OK. How's the weather in Oregon??

sissy70
Rushville, IN
(Zone 5b)

July 21, 2010
4:31 PM

Post #7986764

hi becky did i send you a birthday card sissy70
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

July 22, 2010
7:02 AM

Post #7987872

Becky, I haven't forgotten!! I found what I wanted the other day..will hopefully be sending it out tomorrow :)
Just consider it a VERY late Bday present LOL
hope43
Tulsa, OK
(Zone 7a)

July 22, 2010
1:33 PM

Post #7988698

Hi everybody, sorry Erin i know how it is.. blessings.

I have been really going thru the pain and the migraines with that to.the heat is giving me the headaches to i believe. its so hot. house is like a oven. glad when its bed time it has the air cond. in there. or never sleep.lol.

Thinking of you all.. blessings , care.
GardenChick1982
(Becky) Gresham, OR
(Zone 8a)

July 22, 2010
3:04 PM

Post #7988880

we seemed to skip spring and went from fall to hot summer, today is very nice tho. I did get a card from you sissy and I am not to worried about any missing gifts, I joined very close to my birthday but next year I will be watching :) lol

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 27, 2010
11:32 AM

Post #8000256

Anyone out there??? Marilyn check in and show us what you are sewing.

Just had a dmail from Anita one of our September girls and she is withdrawing. I have removed her name and just wanted to draw it to the attention of everyone.

August is fast approaching so don't forget our Birthday Girl Paula.

I know everyone is hot and tired and stormed on, but we can still chat. I miss hearing from everyone.

We had a bad storm Sunday afternoon and the power was out for 31 hours. Fortunately we had our generator installed last Monday so we got to try it out. There is something to be said for lights and hot showers. :0) Going to a baseball game tonight at the Nationals Stadium in Washington. It is DH's birthday week and he gets to pick the activities for the week. So it is baseball tonight and golf tomorrow and lots of naps in between. :0)

I'll leave you with a picture of some of my caladiums. They are about the only thing doing good.

Neener

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk

GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

July 27, 2010
11:47 AM

Post #8000277

Hi Neener,
There is not much left of me, I have about melted away.LOL Yesterday, 101 with heat index of 118, talk about hot. I went out this morning and by 9:30 my clothes were completely wet from sweating so much and I got so hot, I had a little nausea. I just said forget it and came inside.

Surprisingly, everything seems to be holding up in this heat. Usually for us August is the hottest month.
Love your caladiums, this is the first year I have really planted those and they did great. I think I will have to have more next year. Stay cool!!

Thumbnail by GAgirl1066

sissy70
Rushville, IN
(Zone 5b)

July 27, 2010
4:52 PM

Post #8000856

Hi all just checking in so you know Im still aroundam sending a pic of a flower I got for my birthday but forgot who sent it
have a good day sissy70

Thumbnail by sissy70

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

July 27, 2010
5:10 PM

Post #8000894

Good day everyone.
Called Monster I don't know why. Not huge. Nice bunch of
blooms. I can not detect a scent but Sinus's are messed up most of the time.
the yard has a sweet scent when I go out sometime.

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 28, 2010
3:52 PM

Post #8002968

WOW Paula it is hot. I know exactly what you mean about melting. Did it all day yesterday and today. The nausea thing is what happens to be too. Then I know I have to stop, NOW! Since my heat stroke last year I have zero tolerance for this heat. I am useless. We were just discussing today that we can't remember a summer recently where it was so hot, so early and for so long. I will never get my mulch done at this rate. We need rain badly and things are croaking on a daily basis no matter how much I water. I'm read to go bury my head in the basement studio and make cards and just forget about going out until November or so. :0)

Charleen I love that brug. Can't wait to get some more going here. They are slow, but when they start there will be bunches!

Sissy glad you checked in and that is lovely flower. Is that a dahlia of some kind??

Hang in there folks and lets all stay calm,cool and collected. :0)

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

July 28, 2010
5:58 PM

Post #8003262

It smells so good at night. Can't believe it. I'm starting to get blooms too.
sissy70
Rushville, IN
(Zone 5b)

July 29, 2010
2:11 AM

Post #8003797

yes it is a dahlia boy is it hot here looking forward for some cool weather

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

July 31, 2010
8:17 PM

Post #8010040

Hello Ladies,
I am having my 3rd annual 3 B-House swap. Link is listed below
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1119994/

Oh here is a little laugh for ya.
Thursday night was almost asleep when I heard someone knocking on my bedroom window. It was my mom,(she had been at my daughter's babysitting) I was a bit disoriented as I had taken a pain pill. And I couldn't hear what she was saying cuz I didn't have my hearing aid in. Anyhooooooooo... I finally got the drift of what she was trying to tell. She said "Don't go open your bedroom door there is a SKUNK in the living room" OMG!!!!! My door was open just a little so I slammed it shut and pounded on the door, hoping to scare the skunk away. How in the heck did a skunk get in the house???? In order to get into the house from the door that we always use you have to go into laundry room. This is where we keep the cat's dish of food. So when mom came home she had sat her purse and things on the floor so she could unlock the door. She gets the door open, and picks up all of her stuff and walked into the dinning area to set stuff on table. Well the only lights on are night lights, so mom could not see very well and she had thought the cat had gotten in so she was saying "Mia, Mia get out" she turned on the light and heading towards her was the skunk, ( it had walked down the hall towards my bedroom). She ran out the side door and propped the screen door open. That is when she ran around the house and knocked on my bedroom window. Here I am a prisoner in my bedroom not knowing where the little critter is. So I called my daughter and was going to have her and SIL come over, but mom had gotten the neighbor lady. They looked all around outside then slowly came in the house searching. It must have ran out when I pounded on the door.
We are still trying to figure out how the little critter got in the house ahead of mom and mom not getting sprayed. So from now on before it gets dark we are closing all DOORS!!! We have the doggie dog locked because we don't want Mia coming in anymore and bringing FLEAS!! They are really bad this year.

Everytime I see that commerical where the lady doesn't have her glasses on and she is calling for her kitty and a racoon comes in the house. It reminds me of mom and her skunk, lol.
Hope all of you ladies are doing well and surviving the heat. Our weather is weird for CA, we are in low 90's and going down to the high 80's by next weekend
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

August 1, 2010
5:38 AM

Post #8010402

That is hilarious Cindy!!! LOL! I can just picture that whole episode. We call them "Walt Disney" moments. Too funny.
mcrochet
Marilyn Glen st. Mar, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 1, 2010
11:20 AM

Post #8011124

Hello everyone! Thought I'd better check in on you all before you think I have forgotten you. I have not. :)
I have had my hands full for a couple of weeks. Kept both the grandsons one week, then kept the oldest one the next week, and had him and a friend here everyday, so I stayed busy. Didn't get much sewing done at all.
then had both grandsons again this weekend because Dad is going out of state with his job for three weeks, and won't be back until the week of the 23rd, which is when school starts. so I have been busy.
today is the first day that my house has been quiet,,,and it's deafening! lol
the boys are all off fishing, don't know how they can fish in this heat, but they are in the forest.
Our heat indices went to 113 this week! Even the pool didn' t help because the water temp in it was 102. felt just like a bathtub,,one only needed a bar of soap out there.
tomorrow morning I am taking Dale to the airport, have to be there at 6, then Wednesday I'm taking the youngest son's truck in for him for some warranty work,,,the rest of the days are going to be for sewing.
We are all leaving here the 13th for Ohio,,,I am so looking forward to seeing some of my family again. for some it will be like 30 years since I've seen them. Just wish Scott could be in the states so he could go too. It's so hard to plan a trip that everyone can go on.
we promised ourselves we would do this once a year, but life always seems to get in the way. This year Scott is overseas, last year two of the boys couldn't leave their jobs, the year before that same thing, job related...so we're still not all going to make it this year, but 4 of the boys out of 5 aren't bad, and three of the grandkids get to go too. So I am really looking forward to this trip.
I need to get off here and grab me a bite to eat,,,and check the temps outside,,,my doberman is using a lot of ice on these hot days, I keep her water dish cold for her.
you all stay safe, good to sit and chat with you again. Miss you all.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

August 1, 2010
1:38 PM

Post #8011393

Yeah Marilyn!!! Glad you stopped by. Been thinking of you. Your summer will be over before you know it and it will be back to school time.

Great weather here today, but still no rain. Good thing we had all that snow last winter. :))
Polyacre
Rapid City, SD
(Zone 4b)

August 4, 2010
12:40 PM

Post #8018231

Hi all !!! Havent been on in awhile we went on vacation into the Black Hills, did allot of atv riding /fishing and camping! It was all wonderful especially the RandR ...17 whole days worth..!!

I have received some of my Birthday Goodies in the mail... Thank you everyone that has sent them already!!! I am going to wait to open them on my BD... I will post pictures to share!!

Huggs
Paula

Thumbnail by Polyacre

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

August 4, 2010
3:58 PM

Post #8018749

Hey Poly Paula & Welcome Back! You're my kind of gal, especially riding you ATV. I'd be ripping mine through our woods if it didn't need a new carbuerator. We love to go camping and fishing. DH is much better at catching fish than I am though. What kind of fish did you catch?

Did you ever figure out where your skunk got in, Cindy? Could it have been through Mia's door?

Have a great trip, Marilyn! Take pics of the gang. If anybody deserves a break, it's you :)
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

August 4, 2010
4:04 PM

Post #8018763

Got another goodie going out tomorrow too Paula. :0) Can't wait to see them. Glad you got a break and I hope it is a good birthday month for you.

Neener

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

August 4, 2010
4:13 PM

Post #8018774

Susan,

No Mia's door was blocked. The back door is always propped open so Mia can eat her food. The skunk was eating her food, when Mom had walked onto the back porch. There wasn't a light on so mom didn't see it. Then mom had closed the door and when she opened the other door and turned around to pick up her stuff the skunk ran in the house past her. With house being semi dark, mom thought it was Mia running past her. Still can not figure out why it didn't spray her, lol.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

August 4, 2010
4:31 PM

Post #8018823

She was really lucky, Cindy, and so were you! Your whole house could have ended up smelling like yuckie skunk-ville.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

August 4, 2010
4:55 PM

Post #8018869

Just remember, tomato juice is supposed to be good to remove Skunk oder, I don't know but It won't hurt

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

August 4, 2010
6:10 PM

Post #8019027

I have a book by Jerry Barker called "Bug Off" and this is what I found for skunk order remover

1 cup bleach or vinegar
1 tbsp. dishwashing liquid
2 1/2 gal. warm water
Mix all of these ingredients in a bucket and thoroughly saturate walls, stairs or anything else the skunk has left his mark on. DO NOT use on living things, pet, humans or plants.

This is for use on humans and pets:
Mix 1 quart of 3% hydrogen peroxide
1/4 cup baking soda
1 tsp liquid hand soap

As for clothes alkaline detergent

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

August 5, 2010
6:50 AM

Post #8019908

that is great!
hope43
Tulsa, OK
(Zone 7a)

August 5, 2010
3:45 PM

Post #8021048

Paula hope to get yours in mail next week. sorry i'm behind..
hope43
Tulsa, OK
(Zone 7a)

August 11, 2010
3:55 PM

Post #8034184

Paula be sat or monday before i brave htis heat to go mail ok>?? its like oven here in and out!!lol.. hello everyone..
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

August 11, 2010
6:58 PM

Post #8034547

Hi Twyla, Wouldn't it be nice to have a fresh breath of crisp cool Fall air about now?

The countdown's on for your triip, Marilyn. Enjoy being with your famikly & take lots of pics!
hope43
Tulsa, OK
(Zone 7a)

August 11, 2010
8:17 PM

Post #8034677

would it ever be nice have you got extra air thats cool in Virginia???lol.. but i have hot flashes every day , day, night also my body feels like its on fire its the chemo meds. does it..
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

August 12, 2010
5:51 AM

Post #8035101

Countdown to Paula's birthday!!! We want to see pics soon of all your goodies.

Twyla I have the flashes too and it's not chemo meds for me. :0) You think 88% humidity could do it?
I feel like I was stuck inside all winter and now I'm stuck inside all summer.

Let's think cooler...

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk

momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

August 12, 2010
6:02 AM

Post #8035116

This humidity put me in the hospital last weekend, and I came out with an inhaler. Weather induced asthma. Great.Hope the humidity cools down. Hope Paula has a great bday.

Erin
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

August 12, 2010
9:29 AM

Post #8035527

Erin, I thought about you yesterday when I took this pic of the Agastache "Blue Fortune" you sent me. I love it and so do the butterflies & bumble bees. Feel better soon :)

Everybody try to stay cool!

momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

August 12, 2010
9:31 AM

Post #8035532

fotv: I still have your cotton candy agastache plug, and a couple others I will be sending.

Erin
Polyacre
Rapid City, SD
(Zone 4b)

August 12, 2010
9:54 AM

Post #8035559

Hi everyone!! The week for me has just horid... I work dispatch for law enforcent and we have the Sturgis Bike Rally going on !! Need I say more!! So working 12 hr shifts that are just neverending calls for service, we have had 13 fatal MC crashes in just 6 days, and well just super crazy terriable busy... And then to top it off, got home last night from work and our beloved family dog was sick, her tongue was all white and she was breathing really hard.. She passed away within just a few minutes, I am so glad I was with her. Sooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!! Anyway, I just feel so emotional and vulnurable today, and sure having a hard time shaking it off.. Makes work tuff!!!!!!!!

I received another package in mail , so now have 4.. Thank you all and will post when I open them on the 14th !!

Huggs
Paula
sissy70
Rushville, IN
(Zone 5b)

August 12, 2010
11:34 AM

Post #8035715

good lord paula sorry to hear about your family dog I know how you feel
just take care my thoughts are with you God Bless sissy70--judy
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

August 12, 2010
11:45 AM

Post #8035735

Poly/Paula...you will be getting mine prob Monday or Tuesday - just wanted to let you know I'm a bit behind on everything this summer -must be the heat.

Di
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

August 12, 2010
11:47 AM

Post #8035738

I noticed a few birthdays coming up that there are no listings on the wants/don't wants thread. I can't seem to find the old one - can anyone help? :-)

Di
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

August 12, 2010
12:09 PM

Post #8035775

Good Grief Paula that is horrible. I am so sorry about your dog. We've all been through that, but not quite that way.

Erin sorry to hear about the asthma. It has been a stinker of a summer for sure!
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

August 12, 2010
12:16 PM

Post #8035783

You ladies for September need to do your likes and dislikes please. It's sneaking up on me and Paula from GA will be here sooner than you think.

Thanks girls!
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

August 12, 2010
12:25 PM

Post #8035796

(((Paula))) that's terrible! But as you said, I'm glad you were able to be with her when she crossed over the Rainbow Bridge..you brought her a lot of comfort being there.

Hang in there..
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

August 14, 2010
6:05 AM

Post #8038976

Happy Birthday Paula!! Have a wonderful day!!

Erin

Thumbnail by momoftwo607

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

August 14, 2010
6:20 AM

Post #8038993

Today is your birthday.
it is special for you,
But what makes it special to us
is to have a friend
such as you.
Happy Birthday, Paula.
sissy70
Rushville, IN
(Zone 5b)

August 14, 2010
7:19 AM

Post #8039104

Happy Happy Birthday Paula
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

August 14, 2010
10:42 AM

Post #8039392

You all beat me here today! Happy Happy Birthday Paula. Don't forget to post pics of your goodies.

I was out of here at 6AM to fill out a foursome for my husband's golf group. Too early. Now I need a nap, but we got invited out and I have some quick cooking to do. Our social life is so feast or famine. :0) Mostly famine.

Love you guys,

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

August 14, 2010
10:55 AM

Post #8039425

Happy Happy Joy Joy, Happy Happy Joy Joy, Happy Happy Happy Happy, Joy Joy Joy!!

May your special day bring you special times and even more special memories!

Happy Birthday Paula!

Thumbnail by rouxcrew

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

August 14, 2010
10:57 AM

Post #8039428

Hey Neener! Can you give us a new room?

"Neener, Neener, chicken deener!" Can you guess what show that was from??? Food Network is your hint.

Joy
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

August 14, 2010
11:34 AM

Post #8039494

Hey ya'll!

Happy Birthday, Poly Paula! May all your blooms come true :)

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

August 14, 2010
11:50 AM

Post #8039508

I got to start of next birthday girls in September.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1107561/
Could you all please go to Wants/dislikes link and let me know
wrist size, favorite colors,
pierced or non-pierced ears and heck even if you like long or short necklace length,
Do You have a pacemaker??? I use magnets if you likecan't use them with pacemaker, it may stop it. Not good around watches either. Kills em.
Send me a d-mail if you wish.
Charleen
Thanks
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

August 14, 2010
12:45 PM

Post #8039564

Happy Birthday Paula. Hope this has been a special day ALL DAY.
Faye

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

August 14, 2010
1:11 PM

Post #8039615

I'm fairly new to DG. Briefly, how does this Birthday Club work?

Carole
GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

August 14, 2010
2:38 PM

Post #8039790

Happy Birthday Paula! Hope you had a wonderful birthday and everyone is spoiling you on 'your day'.

Carole,
You just sign up if you would like to join, and then at the top post is a list of b-days. When it is someones b-day you send them something and then when it is your bday, everyone on the list will send you something. There is a thread with likes/dislikes. Go to the top of this thread and it explains how it works.
hope43
Tulsa, OK
(Zone 7a)

August 14, 2010
7:22 PM

Post #8040382

pAULA I HAVE IT READY SORRY CAN'T GET IN MAIL TILL mONDAY I SO HATE EVER BEING LAYE..

sO SORRY ABOUT YOU BELOVED PET. darn caps on..this is mess forgive me feel to g bad hands hurt to bad to retype..

Hello everyone.. blesswings all.

yes i have to get with Sept. to.. to get all mailed on time.
Polyacre
Rapid City, SD
(Zone 4b)

August 14, 2010
11:00 PM

Post #8040652

Thank you everyone for the kind words and wonderful Birthday wishes!!

I have had a wonderful day!! The boss let me leave work early so only needed to work for 10hrs today, that was so great!!! Got home and took a well needed nap then when I woke hubby had flowers for me and the kids and grandbabies came over they brought dinner and a DQ cake... It was just great!!!

Now on to my surprises that have been waiting for me to open!!!

from Erin (momoftwo607)

the cutest mini garden flag! It says.. A garden is a work of Heart!!! I so needed a new one, mine was getting all tattered !! Then 2 pkgs of seeds, one is Harvest Moon Echinacha and the other is Agastache lavender hyssop !! I am excited to add them both to my garden.. And this adorable little bd card ...
Love it all, Thank you !!

from Judy (sissy70)

A very lovely bd card, a hand crochet and beaded bracelet that is so pretty and fits perfect and a handtied lace and bead necklace! A reindeer xmas orni that is cute as ever and then some Red and mixed color Hollyhocks.. I have always wanted to give them a try. Some mixed morning glories, blue bachlor buttons... which I love love !! And then Blazing star Echinacha...I am excited to add them all to my flower beds...
Just wonderful, Thank you!!

from Charleen (ridesredmule)

A set of hand made bracelets the beautiful earthtone colored beads with deep silver magnet beads and matching earrings!! They are just wonderfully made and I couldn't wait to put them on!! I have heard the magnets help with carpel tunnel, so keeping my fingers crossed there...
Amazing, Thank you

from Neener

This really cute hand made and painted bumble bee plant stake!! He is going to have fun buzzing around my pots!! A hand painted birdhouse with pretty flowers and painted in some of my favorite colors!! And a very sweet hand crafted bd card!!
Perfect, Thank you

Huggs to all !!
Paula

Thumbnail by Polyacre

Polyacre
Rapid City, SD
(Zone 4b)

August 14, 2010
11:03 PM

Post #8040654

another

Thumbnail by Polyacre

Polyacre
Rapid City, SD
(Zone 4b)

August 14, 2010
11:04 PM

Post #8040656

braclet and then earrings

Thumbnail by Polyacre

Polyacre
Rapid City, SD
(Zone 4b)

August 14, 2010
11:04 PM

Post #8040657

earrings

Thumbnail by Polyacre

Polyacre
Rapid City, SD
(Zone 4b)

August 14, 2010
11:05 PM

Post #8040660

Thank you everyone that has sent!! As I receive more I will post !!

Paula

Thumbnail by Polyacre

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

August 15, 2010
4:45 AM

Post #8040775

Very Nice goodies Paula!! Glad you got some time off too.

Let me see if I can get a new room going here...
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

August 15, 2010
4:50 AM

Post #8040779

New Room!!!

Come on over and chat with us.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1123002/

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
ZZ's - Star-Studded - 'Tomato Seed Round-Robin'. ZZTOPSOIL 335 Aug 8, 2007 11:54 PM
CLOSED: Any newbies wanna start a round robin? kaykay1010 134 Dec 14, 2010 6:31 PM
Spring Fever RR Crimson 146 Apr 13, 2007 12:08 PM
Houseplant Swap snboyken 146 Apr 30, 2007 12:59 PM
Yesterday's News Robin's Resurrection sign-up here Gourd 284 Jul 11, 2007 4:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America