Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Weeds We Don't Want: Honeyvine Milkweed: broadcasting fertilizer f/outdoor bloom

Communities > Forums > Article: Weeds We Don't Want: Honeyvine Milkweed
bookmark
Forum: Article: Weeds We Don't Want: Honeyvine MilkweedReplies: 1, Views: 39
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Sicilia
Texarkana, TX

June 28, 2010
8:01 AM

Post #7927235

I am a real baby about (real or worm-like) snakes, is there a good fertilizer for wisteria, hydrangea,camellias,ginger lillies etc which can be broadcast instead of dug in through mulch?

This message was edited Jun 28, 2010 9:02 AM
omasuziq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 28, 2010
1:55 PM

Post #7928256

I hope others can answer your question regarding "dry" fertilizers that can break down and penetrate through already-applied mulch. In the meantime, I would suggest you consider foliar-feeding your plants using water-based fertilizers. You'll find a number of these available at your garden center (or Lowe's or Home Depot) or you can look on the Web for non-synthetic fertilizers. I used to get an "organic" one via mail order that was a dark brown and smelled like my children's baby vitamins (from the 1970's) and it worked really well. Just follow the directions for strength and timing.
Suzanne

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Weeds We Don't Want: Honeyvine Milkweed Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Interesting marti001 1 Dec 18, 2011 1:33 PM
Finally.. Caedi25 0 Jun 28, 2010 7:47 AM
"Weeds" Versus "Plants" NordicFletch 2 Jun 29, 2010 4:25 PM
Thanks for the article kento 0 Jun 28, 2010 5:05 PM
Invasives 3catladybird 0 Jun 28, 2010 6:34 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America