Blackshear, GA

These leaves are about 10 in. long

Thumbnail by GAgirl1066
Powder Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

#2 may be Texas Lone Star.

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

I can't ID it for you , but beautiful!

Christiana, TN(Zone 6b)

Yes! Those are spectacular. Especially the first one. I would like to have that if someone can ID it.

Blackshear, GA

Actually, I got to looking and the label was still in the pot. It is from Logees, but can't remember the name right offhand. out of town at the moment, but I will look when I get back. I want to say...pinafore.

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

It's very pretty. If it is Pinafore, then it is one of the parents to
Torch which is also known as Pinafore Sport.

Blackshear, GA

I checked and that is what it is 'Pinafore' (hyb). It blooms constantly, I love it!!

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Torch blooms all the time too, always in flower. It takes after Pinafore
in that regard. I love your Pinafore.

Blackshear, GA

Thank you

Wrightstown, NJ(Zone 7a)

#1 is beautiful. Would love to have that baby. If you send that picture to Logees they will identify it for you I feel sure. I have found them very helpful when you have purchased the plants from them. Please post the name when you find out.

Blackshear, GA

It is pinafore, I looked in the pot and there was a label.

Wrightstown, NJ(Zone 7a)

Thank you so much. I will see if I can find one on Logee's website or catalog.

Blackshear, GA

I thought I bought it at Logees, but the tag does not say Logees, I may have bought it from Greenhouse works. If you can't find it dmail me.

Amsterdam, NY(Zone 5a)

Logees still had Pinafore in November.

Wrightstown, NJ(Zone 7a)

Thank you. I will try and find time today to look for it. Have a great day.

(Linny) Salem, SC(Zone 7b)

I do not know what it is, except for "angel" or cane type... but I have one and is the easiest thing in the world to root. Just break off a stem below a joint and stick it in water. Not too much water because they put out hormones to help them root, or so I read on another site. Mine is rooting along with a wandering jew and they look gorgeous together.

Thumbnail by Linny1
Christiana, TN(Zone 6b)

It looks like it might be 'My Special Angel'. It looks a lot like mine.

Wrightstown, NJ(Zone 7a)

You may want to send the picture to the Begonia Society and they will ID it for you.
I did that with mine and they were very nice about doing it.

Cleveland, OH

Quote from GAgirl1066 :
These leaves are about 10 in. long

Never had it identified but it's identical to one I drowned last winter. I'm still hurting. I'd love to have a cutting now. Let me know if you can help me. When I bought it it was just referred to as a "vintage angel wing." I like the way the dots are charmingly irregularly spaced and embedded throughout the leaf rather than embossed on the leaf as in nellie moser.
lovey plant!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images