New bees chit chat - come on in!! 07/02/2010

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Happy 4th of July to all my seedy peeps!!! Any big plans for the holiday weekend?

Any links you all want me to add to this let me know!

We came from here... http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1109781/

Come on in...

Direction for free seeds for newbies here...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1010521/

Newbies that get lost and found here...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1010521/

Lasagna Beds for newbies here...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1037637/

Thumbnail by locakelly
Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY everyone!!!!!

I'm busy ordering roses from melva in texas. She has some great old garden roses. And I just have to have some of them.

Booneville, AR

marti i love the old roses they are easier to take care of than alot of the new ones they can take the heat and lack of rain better. good luck with them. love nettie happy 4th .

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

Kelly those dayflowers are cute for a while but man do they spread.. I dug some from my moms man the took over the kwanso daylilies, you know thats saying something lol..Maybe they wont be so invasive where you live..

Enid, OK

Hi guys - sorry I have been MIA! Nettie, where are you?? Did your daylilies from the lady in Kentucky bloom? I have had one bloom so far and the others have buds - they sure are pretty.

Got to get back to baby chasing - he is a handful, into everything! Caught him standing on the table looking out the front window with the puppy. I know, most people think only cats stand on the furniture to look outside - not at my house! Cats have their window, dog has his - now he has to share with baby! They are a mess!!

Fair Play, SC(Zone 7b)

Happy 4th everyone!!! Hope you have a wonderful holiday!
Nettie when you get the lily blooms open, you got to show us your colors! I bet they are beautiful! Hugs everyone.

Booneville, AR

enid im so glad you are going to get to see your daylilys bloom myne all have big buds on them. im just waiting to see them . they look good. love nettie

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

huney - I have them in a pot right now cuz I wasn't sure what they were - lol.

Booneville, AR

mekos did you get some of those day lilys i thought i saw your name some where while we were getting those ill try and get picyures.so they can show off. love nettie

Booneville, AR

enid where have you been i was afraid you might be sick, or fishing or digging rocks or stealing plants or in jail, im glad tou are ok. take care leave me a gone fishing sign next time you run off that way i won.t wory about you. love and hugs nettie

Booneville, AR

marti i wonder if she got any of those from the rose rustlers they are in texas. they offer roses for sale ive never tried any but i bet they would be good roses. i may have to try some of them.nettie

Booneville, AR

[ nave a house full need to go to bed i still have a place to lay my head talk later be good and be safe enjoy the 4th good night love and hugs nettie.

Fair Play, SC(Zone 7b)

Hi nettie and everyone. Happy 4th. No nettie, I didn't get any daylilies. I have a few already.
Haven't been able to do much gardening this year at all so my gardens are not as nice as they should be. Flowers suffer without proper care. (Mine have their tongues hanging out and weary right now :0( Poor babies!) I did notice my Lotus are trying to bloom. Got 5-6 buds popped up and getting fat. I can't wait to see which ones they will be.
Going to cook out with my kids today and be with family so try to check back later. Hugs.

Thumbnail by mekos
Booneville, AR

grandkids whined today they couldn.t go tubeing it was too windy mark won.t take them to the lake and pull them around the lake behind a boat no a huge intertube, they make me crazy can.t help myself need to be more laid back the kids tell me that all the time. im trying real hard.i don.t think iys working this is yhe lady who could swim all the way across the lake to the dam. but they are all so littie they could be hurt so easy, i goy yo stop this love and hugs nettie

Booneville, AR

martii what roses did you get, don.t get to many at one time hope you got some nice ones, i love roses csn,t wait to see them nettie.

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

Hope you all had a great weekend..DH and I bbq'ed and my Dad came out.. The boys were out running around like teenagers do.. They caught the local firework shows, so I saved my money.. No money to watch burn up anyway.. I'd much rather spend mine on flowers..At least that way I get to see it more than once.. Well the rains were nice when they were falling but its getting dry again so Im out to water this morning while its cool.. Then Try to make it to the grocery store early, get my shopping done for the week..Then home to pack up my oldest for a leadership conference the rest of the week at Camp Couchdale in Hot Spring thru the FFA..When he returns we will begin growing chickens to show..Hope you all have a great day Trish

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

littlenettie,

I am getting 4 roses from melvatoo so far;

#1 Shailer's Provence
#2 Charles de Mills
#3 Rush Family
#4 Banshee

Enid, OK

Nettie - sorry, next time I go missing I will let you know first. I was spending way too much time posting on here and not enough time working on my candle business so I had to make a rule. NO chatting until I got some work caught up! I am as caught up as I can stand to be so here I am - back to normal. Stop fretting over those kids, the will be fine. What were you doing at their age? I suspect you were working around some dangerous farm machinery - far more dangerous than tubing.

Fair Play, SC(Zone 7b)

You know Lori, most of remember how we grew up and what all we got into and how dangerous it really was when we look back, that is why we go crazy watching the little ones now. Haha If Mom and Dad knew what all I was doing back then, I wouldn't have had a seat to sit on. (blinking eyes!) I climbed trees and jumped from barn lofts, got bucked off a HUGE horse and me riding bare back with nothing to hold on to. Too many to name really. If I had caught mine doing half what I did, I would have locked them in their room till they were 30.

Enid, OK

Ah, see - I was the perfect child! I never did anything dangerous. LOL!! I know the little buggers make you nervous, half the stuff my own child does scares me. I would much rather have the kids at the lake tubing with family than on a street corner doing heaven only knows what. And I bet at this point Nettie is feeling much better LOL

Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

Yer right folks - It's hot here!! We're supposed to be pushin' 90's all week long right here in western NY. The city park pool's open, I might be in it if it's not too crowded. My garden is growing so fast even the weeds are in bloom! I might even have tomatoes next week. Enjoy the summer all.

Al

Booneville, AR

thamks everyone ifeel some better. they are off tubeing again today hope they play safe two nearly 13 year olds one 10 year old the son has more will power than i do told them id beat them if they didn,t pick up living room before they left for the lake thry are not afraid of me just came through there nothing been touched. they can do it when they get back. im just trying to live through all of it. love and hugs take care nettie

Fair Play, SC(Zone 7b)

OH nettie, sorry but kids don't see clutter like adults do. It's not important to them when fun is involved. Put them to work when they get back or no supper, might get something done.
You rest up , it's too hot for you to be doing everything yourself. Don't you get too hot. It's not worth your health. Love you .HUGS!

Booneville, AR

marti get you some garlic and plant some with your roses they do better garlic seams to run off some bugs could saxe time in the long run. red pepper goy yhe dogs out of my flower beds thats a winner 50 cents a jug at dollar general cheeper than the spray tou get at lows and works better. nettie

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Thanks nettie, I'll have to see about getting some garlic planted and I'll see about the red pepper. I know that mothballs will also keep dogs and cats out of the plants.

Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

Hey Al meant to tell you we got the first tomato off the ones you sent me a couple weeks ago.

Enid, OK

Al - I don't have maters yet but they are blooming - seem to be doing good in the Oklahoma heat!

Nettie - kids don't see mess! I swear my child is the worst - I asked him to pick up the floor in the living room - toys and stuff everywhere. He picked up the toys but the little pieces of paper, pop tart wrappers....all still there. I think the child is blind or something - he is 19 you would think he could find a trash can by now.

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Enid, lmao, lol!! My DH is well past 19, and he still doesn't know where the trash can is either, lol!!!

Booneville, AR

had to look for the trash can in the puter room i was told the little dog was takeing things out of the trash and puting it in the floor that means they were putting food particals in the trash. they are noy supost to eat in there. hate it when ith mouse is sticky lo rhey don,t mind very much istill love them they just wory me some what. ill just have them till saturday. then their grandmother will pick yhem up ill make it love to all nettie.

Booneville, AR

marti were the roses very expensive nettie

Enid, OK

Poor Nettie! Only three more days til Saturday! Good Luck with those kids - when you are not used to having them around, it can be a bit stressful.

Skellog - DH can find the trash can - but the laundry hamper and dishwasher must be invisible! Amazing how men and children just cannot seem to see certain things.

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

nettie, no melva is very reasonable with her prices. I got four from her once before, 2 named and 2 noid. The noid ones died on me and when melva found out she is replacing them just for cost of postage. So she is very fair.

Booneville, AR

sounds very good to me . most places are not that good about replacing plants. thanks nettie

Booneville, AR

got them little buggers in bed very good best thing all day long good night love nettie. i can make it i think.

Fair Play, SC(Zone 7b)

Good night. Suppose to be 100 tomorrow outside. Bet I hug the air all day!

Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

This is my red, white and blue petunia basket for July 4th. It's still going strong even in this 95 degree heat. This is supposed to be the last day of the heatwave before thunder storms tonight.

Al

Thumbnail by lycodad
Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

These are my bargain Asian Lilies purchased last year from Lowes. They were nothing but whithered pots long after the season, I got of them for just 50 cents each. I didn't even know what color they were. I shook out the roots and bulbs and replanted, now have tons of yellows and oranges. Bigger display than I could photograph. They should last for years.

Al

Thumbnail by lycodad
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Sweet deal you got on the lilies Al! Love the rwb tunias too!

Booneville, AR

al i love finding things on the cheap lows and walmart are two good places to find real good bulbs on the cheap you did good nettie

Enid, OK

Nettie - here is my Cherry Cheeks lily

Thumbnail by enidcandles

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images