AuthorContent

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

July 2, 2010
7:35 PM

Post #7939076

Happy 4th of July to all my seedy peeps!!! Any big plans for the holiday weekend?

Any links you all want me to add to this let me know!

We came from here... http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1109781/

Come on in...

Direction for free seeds for newbies here...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1010521/

Newbies that get lost and found here...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1010521/

Lasagna Beds for newbies here...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1037637/

Thumbnail by locakelly
Click the image for an enlarged view.

marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

July 2, 2010
7:40 PM

Post #7939091

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY everyone!!!!!

I'm busy ordering roses from melva in texas. She has some great old garden roses. And I just have to have some of them.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

July 2, 2010
9:39 PM

Post #7939390

marti i love the old roses they are easier to take care of than alot of the new ones they can take the heat and lack of rain better. good luck with them. love nettie happy 4th .
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

July 3, 2010
6:06 AM

Post #7939819

Kelly those dayflowers are cute for a while but man do they spread.. I dug some from my moms man the took over the kwanso daylilies, you know thats saying something lol..Maybe they wont be so invasive where you live..
enidcandles
Enid, OK

July 3, 2010
8:25 AM

Post #7940204

Hi guys - sorry I have been MIA! Nettie, where are you?? Did your daylilies from the lady in Kentucky bloom? I have had one bloom so far and the others have buds - they sure are pretty.

Got to get back to baby chasing - he is a handful, into everything! Caught him standing on the table looking out the front window with the puppy. I know, most people think only cats stand on the furniture to look outside - not at my house! Cats have their window, dog has his - now he has to share with baby! They are a mess!!
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

July 3, 2010
12:12 PM

Post #7940613

Happy 4th everyone!!! Hope you have a wonderful holiday!
Nettie when you get the lily blooms open, you got to show us your colors! I bet they are beautiful! Hugs everyone.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

July 3, 2010
4:05 PM

Post #7940984

enid im so glad you are going to get to see your daylilys bloom myne all have big buds on them. im just waiting to see them . they look good. love nettie

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

July 3, 2010
4:09 PM

Post #7940993

huney - I have them in a pot right now cuz I wasn't sure what they were - lol.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

July 3, 2010
4:12 PM

Post #7940999

mekos did you get some of those day lilys i thought i saw your name some where while we were getting those ill try and get picyures.so they can show off. love nettie
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

July 3, 2010
9:28 PM

Post #7941675

enid where have you been i was afraid you might be sick, or fishing or digging rocks or stealing plants or in jail, im glad tou are ok. take care leave me a gone fishing sign next time you run off that way i won.t wory about you. love and hugs nettie
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

July 3, 2010
9:54 PM

Post #7941728

marti i wonder if she got any of those from the rose rustlers they are in texas. they offer roses for sale ive never tried any but i bet they would be good roses. i may have to try some of them.nettie
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

July 3, 2010
10:34 PM

Post #7941794

[ nave a house full need to go to bed i still have a place to lay my head talk later be good and be safe enjoy the 4th good night love and hugs nettie.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

July 4, 2010
9:47 AM

Post #7942556

Hi nettie and everyone. Happy 4th. No nettie, I didn't get any daylilies. I have a few already.
Haven't been able to do much gardening this year at all so my gardens are not as nice as they should be. Flowers suffer without proper care. (Mine have their tongues hanging out and weary right now :0( Poor babies!) I did notice my Lotus are trying to bloom. Got 5-6 buds popped up and getting fat. I can't wait to see which ones they will be.
Going to cook out with my kids today and be with family so try to check back later. Hugs.

Thumbnail by mekos

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

July 4, 2010
10:47 PM

Post #7943911

grandkids whined today they couldn.t go tubeing it was too windy mark won.t take them to the lake and pull them around the lake behind a boat no a huge intertube, they make me crazy can.t help myself need to be more laid back the kids tell me that all the time. im trying real hard.i don.t think iys working this is yhe lady who could swim all the way across the lake to the dam. but they are all so littie they could be hurt so easy, i goy yo stop this love and hugs nettie
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

July 4, 2010
10:54 PM

Post #7943912

martii what roses did you get, don.t get to many at one time hope you got some nice ones, i love roses csn,t wait to see them nettie.
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

July 5, 2010
4:14 AM

Post #7944084

Hope you all had a great weekend..DH and I bbq'ed and my Dad came out.. The boys were out running around like teenagers do.. They caught the local firework shows, so I saved my money.. No money to watch burn up anyway.. I'd much rather spend mine on flowers..At least that way I get to see it more than once.. Well the rains were nice when they were falling but its getting dry again so Im out to water this morning while its cool.. Then Try to make it to the grocery store early, get my shopping done for the week..Then home to pack up my oldest for a leadership conference the rest of the week at Camp Couchdale in Hot Spring thru the FFA..When he returns we will begin growing chickens to show..Hope you all have a great day Trish
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

July 5, 2010
7:12 AM

Post #7944382

littlenettie,

I am getting 4 roses from melvatoo so far;

#1 Shailer's Provence
#2 Charles de Mills
#3 Rush Family
#4 Banshee

enidcandles
Enid, OK

July 5, 2010
7:23 AM

Post #7944424

Nettie - sorry, next time I go missing I will let you know first. I was spending way too much time posting on here and not enough time working on my candle business so I had to make a rule. NO chatting until I got some work caught up! I am as caught up as I can stand to be so here I am - back to normal. Stop fretting over those kids, the will be fine. What were you doing at their age? I suspect you were working around some dangerous farm machinery - far more dangerous than tubing.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

July 5, 2010
8:26 AM

Post #7944616

You know Lori, most of remember how we grew up and what all we got into and how dangerous it really was when we look back, that is why we go crazy watching the little ones now. Haha If Mom and Dad knew what all I was doing back then, I wouldn't have had a seat to sit on. (blinking eyes!) I climbed trees and jumped from barn lofts, got bucked off a HUGE horse and me riding bare back with nothing to hold on to. Too many to name really. If I had caught mine doing half what I did, I would have locked them in their room till they were 30.
enidcandles
Enid, OK

July 5, 2010
8:34 AM

Post #7944646

Ah, see - I was the perfect child! I never did anything dangerous. LOL!! I know the little buggers make you nervous, half the stuff my own child does scares me. I would much rather have the kids at the lake tubing with family than on a street corner doing heaven only knows what. And I bet at this point Nettie is feeling much better LOL
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 6, 2010
10:08 AM

Post #7947310

Yer right folks - It's hot here!! We're supposed to be pushin' 90's all week long right here in western NY. The city park pool's open, I might be in it if it's not too crowded. My garden is growing so fast even the weeds are in bloom! I might even have tomatoes next week. Enjoy the summer all.

Al

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

July 6, 2010
1:08 PM

Post #7947722

thamks everyone ifeel some better. they are off tubeing again today hope they play safe two nearly 13 year olds one 10 year old the son has more will power than i do told them id beat them if they didn,t pick up living room before they left for the lake thry are not afraid of me just came through there nothing been touched. they can do it when they get back. im just trying to live through all of it. love and hugs take care nettie
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

July 6, 2010
2:26 PM

Post #7947892

OH nettie, sorry but kids don't see clutter like adults do. It's not important to them when fun is involved. Put them to work when they get back or no supper, might get something done.
You rest up , it's too hot for you to be doing everything yourself. Don't you get too hot. It's not worth your health. Love you .HUGS!
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

July 6, 2010
2:29 PM

Post #7947894

marti get you some garlic and plant some with your roses they do better garlic seams to run off some bugs could saxe time in the long run. red pepper goy yhe dogs out of my flower beds thats a winner 50 cents a jug at dollar general cheeper than the spray tou get at lows and works better. nettie
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

July 6, 2010
2:54 PM

Post #7947940

Thanks nettie, I'll have to see about getting some garlic planted and I'll see about the red pepper. I know that mothballs will also keep dogs and cats out of the plants.
Mindy03
Monticello, KY
(Zone 6b)

July 6, 2010
4:32 PM

Post #7948184

Hey Al meant to tell you we got the first tomato off the ones you sent me a couple weeks ago.
enidcandles
Enid, OK

July 6, 2010
6:10 PM

Post #7948440

Al - I don't have maters yet but they are blooming - seem to be doing good in the Oklahoma heat!

Nettie - kids don't see mess! I swear my child is the worst - I asked him to pick up the floor in the living room - toys and stuff everywhere. He picked up the toys but the little pieces of paper, pop tart wrappers...all still there. I think the child is blind or something - he is 19 you would think he could find a trash can by now.
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

July 6, 2010
9:03 PM

Post #7948811

Enid, lmao, lol!! My DH is well past 19, and he still doesn't know where the trash can is either, lol!!!
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

July 6, 2010
10:18 PM

Post #7948941

had to look for the trash can in the puter room i was told the little dog was takeing things out of the trash and puting it in the floor that means they were putting food particals in the trash. they are noy supost to eat in there. hate it when ith mouse is sticky lo rhey don,t mind very much istill love them they just wory me some what. ill just have them till saturday. then their grandmother will pick yhem up ill make it love to all nettie.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

July 6, 2010
11:24 PM

Post #7948976

marti were the roses very expensive nettie
enidcandles
Enid, OK

July 7, 2010
5:41 AM

Post #7949216

Poor Nettie! Only three more days til Saturday! Good Luck with those kids - when you are not used to having them around, it can be a bit stressful.

Skellog - DH can find the trash can - but the laundry hamper and dishwasher must be invisible! Amazing how men and children just cannot seem to see certain things.
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

July 7, 2010
6:01 AM

Post #7949249

nettie, no melva is very reasonable with her prices. I got four from her once before, 2 named and 2 noid. The noid ones died on me and when melva found out she is replacing them just for cost of postage. So she is very fair.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

July 7, 2010
4:01 PM

Post #7950676

sounds very good to me . most places are not that good about replacing plants. thanks nettie
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

July 7, 2010
10:04 PM

Post #7951603

got them little buggers in bed very good best thing all day long good night love nettie. i can make it i think.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

July 7, 2010
10:22 PM

Post #7951622

Good night. Suppose to be 100 tomorrow outside. Bet I hug the air all day!
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 8, 2010
1:14 PM

Post #7952897

This is my red, white and blue petunia basket for July 4th. It's still going strong even in this 95 degree heat. This is supposed to be the last day of the heatwave before thunder storms tonight.

Al

Thumbnail by lycodad

lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 8, 2010
1:27 PM

Post #7952928

These are my bargain Asian Lilies purchased last year from Lowes. They were nothing but whithered pots long after the season, I got of them for just 50 cents each. I didn't even know what color they were. I shook out the roots and bulbs and replanted, now have tons of yellows and oranges. Bigger display than I could photograph. They should last for years.

Al

Thumbnail by lycodad

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

July 8, 2010
1:31 PM

Post #7952936

Sweet deal you got on the lilies Al! Love the rwb tunias too!
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

July 8, 2010
7:07 PM

Post #7953831

al i love finding things on the cheap lows and walmart are two good places to find real good bulbs on the cheap you did good nettie
enidcandles
Enid, OK

July 8, 2010
7:17 PM

Post #7953859

Nettie - here is my Cherry Cheeks lily

Thumbnail by enidcandles

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

July 8, 2010
7:18 PM

Post #7953863

all my callas were on clearance ive had them for a long time some of my lily bulbs also i always go look this time of year they start marking everything down.a good time to buy lots of things. lows gets rit of alot of shrubs also
enidcandles
Enid, OK

July 8, 2010
7:19 PM

Post #7953867

And Al - here is one of the sunflowers from your seeds

Thumbnail by enidcandles

enidcandles
Enid, OK

July 8, 2010
7:21 PM

Post #7953873

I think this might be a stella

Thumbnail by enidcandles

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

July 8, 2010
7:52 PM

Post #7953944

looks like a stella to me also. i have a ton of those they bloom all summer re bloom if i keek yhem cleamed out.
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 8, 2010
7:56 PM

Post #7953958

Pretty flowers all, I seem to have sunflowers growing all over the country! My "Stellas" look like this, maybe they have different kinds. Yours are very pretty though. I have several lilies from the "ditch" type to my new Asians, all very easy to grow.

Al

Thumbnail by lycodad

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

July 8, 2010
7:59 PM

Post #7953967

the birds have wiped out my sun flowers they were real pretty can,t stop them food is food.yhey do love sun flower seed, thanks al they were big and nice at one time buy not now they got a bad hang over. enid did you get the stella in the day lilis we got. nettie
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 8, 2010
8:15 PM

Post #7953990

We've got plenty of birds in New York too, and they surely DO like sunflowers. I also have a nearly tame gray squirrel that sits on my back porch begging for sunflower seeds before they even get planted, or he just steals them anyway! He is kind of a cute little guy though, and fun to watch his keen acrobatics.

Al

Thumbnail by lycodad

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

July 8, 2010
8:18 PM

Post #7953996

al my stellas and happy returns are all mixed togeather i can,t tell them apart they are both yellow i think one is lighter yellow.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

July 8, 2010
8:28 PM

Post #7954013

we had good rain this afternoon saved mr alot of work thank you mother nature. could have used more but that was nice. i don,t have to drag the water hose in the morning.can sleep later i hope. love and good night nettie
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 8, 2010
8:38 PM

Post #7954035

Tonight seems to be a good night for "Yellows". Okay girls, gotta turn in, I'm flying second seat in an airshow tomarrow in Geneseo north of here. At least we're "air conditioned" in our 1952 Boeing Stearman.

Al

Thumbnail by lycodad

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

July 8, 2010
8:53 PM

Post #7954077

WOW! have fun Al, Loved the flowers everyone. In early spring, everything in my yard that was blooming was yellow. Rare to find a different color out there. Now I have a mixture but it was funny then, everything was yellow.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

July 10, 2010
1:57 PM

Post #7957908

I'm gonna try something and see if it works here. It might not but got to give it a try.
[lightbox]http://davesgarden.com/tools/mail/pmailpic.php?pid=2589500{/lightbox]

Thumbnail by mekos

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

July 10, 2010
1:58 PM

Post #7957912

NOPE it dint work!
But here are some flowers blooming today for me.

Thumbnail by mekos

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

July 10, 2010
7:34 PM

Post #7958625

mekos is that last one a white rain lily. i have white ,pink and yellow. nettie kids have gone home so calm here i love it love them also i understand why women over 65 don,t have children. thats a good thing. love nettie.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

July 10, 2010
7:40 PM

Post #7958633

enid i have 3 of those but they haven,t bloomed yet. that is verry pretty nettie
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

July 10, 2010
9:17 PM

Post #7958900

mekos i have pashion vine up in my purple cone flowers its ox unless youngest son sees it he doesn,t like it growing anywhere i don,t know why i mean the birds eat the fruit and seed off it he is one strange son i love plants he does not. if he sees it i will probly lose my purple cone flowers and the vine at the same time he likes to weed eat and spray round up im hopeing he dosen,t see it. its wild but i like it smells good and pretty bloom. im just a big baby i get this said to me alot. night all love nettie
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

July 11, 2010
9:01 AM

Post #7959627

Hi nettie, I turned in early last night. Yes the white is a rain lily. I have pink and yellow and white also and my mail lady brought me some lavender Saturday. It is small bulbs so may not bloom this year but if they do I'll show pictures and I'll send you a lavender to add to yours. Here is my gorgeous lotus this morning. I just love it.

Thumbnail by mekos

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

July 11, 2010
9:02 AM

Post #7959629

I also had a couple glads. blooming today. Here is an orange.

Thumbnail by mekos

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

July 11, 2010
9:03 AM

Post #7959630

Here is a beautiful pink with white frills around the edges.

Thumbnail by mekos

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

July 11, 2010
9:06 AM

Post #7959637

This is gold cup flower, it got caught in the fence and went through to the back side but normally they are cute and bunchy. They grow wild around here. I just happen to like them.

Thumbnail by mekos

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

July 11, 2010
9:08 AM

Post #7959645

Little visitor who came for dinner.

Thumbnail by mekos

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

July 11, 2010
9:14 AM

Post #7959660

Pink rain lily

Thumbnail by mekos

Mitt
Philadelphia, PA

July 11, 2010
11:33 AM

Post #7960010

We don't have those little visitors around here Mekos. I'll have to get some to add some color to the garden lol
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

July 11, 2010
12:16 PM

Post #7960110

grand son thinks water lillys are beautiful got his behind busted for going to yhe stock pond to pick one. i put 2 sterial carp in there this spring they are going to eat somt of the algie and stuff in the pond. we hope. if they don.t we will have to remove them manually i don,t need to be doing that the lilly pads are pretty when they bloom but they can be a mess after you let two many get started.pond has alot of fish in it makes for a good time for the grand kids.they fish out there often. and so do the kids; the lilies out on the pond are more pink i think the wild ones are more pink. later nettie
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

July 11, 2010
12:37 PM

Post #7960145

Mitt, Thank you so much for the Iris and book and I saw where it tells how to pollinate the iris. Really nice and wonderful of you to send it. I'd sure send you a couple visitors if you'd like them. They eat bugs and ants and all sort of insects. We have hundreds of them around here. I always manage to bring one or two inside during winter with my plants and they eat the little gnats that like to live in the dirt of my plants. They get the tiny spiders that also tag along on the plants. So nice to have around. They lay eggs in the pots with my plants. They are very gentle and fun to have. So use to us, they just watch us and stay where they are.
ANY WAY, Thank you and GOD BLESS!

Sweetpea finally got big enough to sit in her walker, and she loves it.

Thumbnail by mekos

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

July 11, 2010
10:23 PM

Post #7961655

mekos id love a lavendar rain lily just whenever you want to send one love nettie im going to bed can,t get enough sleep. dh takes naps during the day i don.t do that. have oyher things need to do. ill talk later good night all love nettie
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

July 12, 2010
7:11 AM

Post #7962194

Hugs nettie. Have a good night.
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

July 13, 2010
6:11 AM

Post #7964542

Pretty flowers all.. Love the lil lizard.. We have several of them here but that ones a pretty one..

Heres my Ellen Bosanquet crinum blooming for the first time..

Thumbnail by huneybunch_2000

huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

July 13, 2010
6:24 AM

Post #7964583

Heres my Rose of Sharon. I dont know the id tho... Just a double maroon

huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

July 13, 2010
6:28 AM

Post #7964593

Here's a NOID yellow daylily.. I have about 5 of these I should have planted them as a clump but they will make there own clump after this year I hope.. They are really pretty from across the yard..

huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

July 13, 2010
6:32 AM

Post #7964601

Gentle Rose daylily

huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

July 13, 2010
6:49 AM

Post #7964636

this is a bed I built right over an old tree stump.. It get morning sun and afternoon shade.. Elephant ears you cant see from this picture they were later coming up than the big green ones but theres a few cranberry stemmed EE's and one illustris EE in there. The other Illustris I dug and put in my hanging bog garden. I'd love to get some of those black EE's go in here need to see if they will survive ..Few petunias along the front..Calla lilies (thanks Mekos) pink phlox, couple of different ferns, gingers..Cannas in the background.. I planted some louisiana irises behind all this, because this is the area where the creek reaches my yard in the winter..Theres peruvian daffs out there too and some mums and cockscomb on the other side.. So its a jumbled mess which is how all my beds turn out to be..I start with a half a plan and end up with anything that grows stuck in there..

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

July 13, 2010
3:49 PM

Post #7966137

BEAUTIFUL!!!! just beautiful!

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

July 13, 2010
6:07 PM

Post #7966425

huney - your pictures are great! I'm a stuff-it-where-there's-a-spot kinda gal myself - lol. It looks good!
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

July 13, 2010
8:30 PM

Post #7966757

iy looks great to me im a grin and poke person my self.it works for me and has for years. so you carry on girl. love nettie talk later.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

July 14, 2010
12:44 PM

Post #7968362

mekos have you herd from rrm ive not seen her or charley in over a week.do you think she has gone somewhere. nettie hope she is not sick.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

July 14, 2010
5:39 PM

Post #7969019

I'm here Dear Nettie. Mekos son got bit by a spider and they were taking him to hospital last night. Please say prayers for him.
Spider bites are bad. Somehow I lost the thread but I'm here and o.k. Tiger lilies for you Nettie.
Honey, Sometimes jubbled messes are best. I bet they will be beautiful.

Thumbnail by ridesredmule

marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

July 14, 2010
5:46 PM

Post #7969043

We'll keep mekos and her son in our prayers.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

July 14, 2010
6:02 PM

Post #7969071

thank you dear.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

July 14, 2010
6:10 PM

Post #7969091

She is back but the son's hand is bad but I'm sure she will update you all.
Now she needs to rest for the night. blessings for Mekos.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

July 14, 2010
7:13 PM

Post #7969232

Praying for you my dear friend and your son!
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

July 14, 2010
10:49 PM

Post #7969695

marti be careful using mothballs they will kill dogs and cats id use red pepper they don,t like red pepper and won,t kill any thing .im famous for just running criters off. they get the point to stay out of my flower beds. love nettie good night all have a good day .
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

July 14, 2010
10:53 PM

Post #7969697

rrm so sorry to here about mekos son those spider bits can be real bad will keep them in my prayers, love nettie,
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

July 15, 2010
4:16 AM

Post #7969820

I tried the red pepper but this big dog of my sisters just runs thru the garden anyway. I'm trying to get the necessary supplies to fence in an area for the dogs so they stay out of my flowers and garden.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

July 15, 2010
11:36 AM

Post #7970644

fence would be good my garden is fensed or i wouldn,t have anything in it for the rabbits and other criters we did that years ago the neighbors have cows that get out sometimes and they will eat everything they can get to,

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

July 15, 2010
11:56 AM

Post #7970662

So will those longears, whether it is good for them or not...
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

July 15, 2010
12:13 PM

Post #7970702

Well, I guess I'm lucky. These dogs don't eat anything, they just run thru everything and the big male, Mojo, loves to cock his leg on everything and than he scratches the dirt and sends plants flying. I am ready to put electic fence around everything and really teach him a lesson!!!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

July 15, 2010
2:36 PM

Post #7970959

That will learn him and it won't kill him. He will remember where he got shocked too.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

July 15, 2010
8:18 PM

Post #7971736

rrm thats the seed i sent you if you don,t need any more of them best not plant thqse seeds nettie how is mekos son today those spider bits can be real bad. i hope he got to see adr. real fast. we will keep him in our prayers. talk later love nettie,
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

July 15, 2010
8:27 PM

Post #7971766

Oh my. Healing thoughts and prayers are being sent from here also for mekos and her son.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

July 15, 2010
9:27 PM

Post #7971912

Pretty bad still and they are sending him to another hospital and specialist for hands to try and save his finger and hand. This is after 2 days of antibiotics and medications. He is in so much pain and his hand swells and bursts open. It is bad. Thanks for the prayers and please keep them coming. I'll check back in later. Beautiful flowers ladies.
Marti, try googling for something to repel animals. I saw something a while back in a spray can to keep dogs and cats out of your yard and I cannot remember what it is but it was advertised in the paper. Some kind of spray.

Thumbnail by mekos

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

July 15, 2010
9:32 PM

Post #7971919

Oh friend - that hand looks painful! I pray the specialist will be able to save his fingers and hand!! We will keep praying hard for healing! I ♥ you buddy - keep us posted!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

July 16, 2010
6:27 AM

Post #7972394

It looks painful! Prayers sent your way For Daniel and you Mekos.
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

July 16, 2010
6:58 AM

Post #7972478

I'll also keep you and your son in my thoughts and prayers.
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

July 16, 2010
9:37 AM

Post #7972926

Oh, Mekos, that looks so painful! I will keep both of you in my prayers and thoughts. Please keep your spirits up, and Daniel too, as the mind is a very powerful healing machine. Bless you, and if we can do anything, please let us know, as we are all here for you.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

July 16, 2010
7:09 PM

Post #7974206

Thanks you guys. I just got home from the hospital, he was admitted, they gonna do surgery tomorrow to see if they can clean it out and try to save his hand. Still don't know what spider got him but he was allergic to it and it still swelling bad. Definately a spider but not sure which one. Got more tests to come back tomorrow. Good night and thanks for the prayers and kind thoughts.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

July 16, 2010
7:47 PM

Post #7974298

Keep us posted my dear friend. Prayers continue for you all! ♥ ya!
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

July 17, 2010
11:33 AM

Post #7975827

mekos i hope and pray the dr. can help him. they have some goog dr,s out there now and some good drugd. we only here about the bad drugs. thats be cause people abuse them. love and prayers to all of yours.
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

July 17, 2010
11:47 AM

Post #7975851

Hi guys..Hope you are having a good weekend.. Mekos I do hope your son is getting better..Still praying for you guys.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

July 17, 2010
8:36 PM

Post #7977017

loca could we have a new thread please. nettie

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

July 17, 2010
9:12 PM

Post #7977049

Here you go peeps...

New thread...

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1116356/
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 9, 2011
1:42 PM

Post #8362979

this is my front yard after 7in of snow send help nettie

Thumbnail by littlenettie

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 9, 2011
1:50 PM

Post #8362998

loca when i try to go to new thread it goes no where. nettie

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

February 9, 2011
2:00 PM

Post #8363012

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1152857/
Let's see if this works.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

February 9, 2011
3:22 PM

Post #8363115

OH Nettie. You stay inside and warm. Don't want you out getting cold and sick or getting hurt or falling down. God Bless you dear! We are suppose to get 2 more inches tonight.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

February 9, 2011
4:26 PM

Post #8363255

Nettie, did you get to new link too???? Yes, please be careful!!!!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Garden Talk Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Vines for shade Foxglove 27 Aug 23, 2007 2:17 AM
wierd bug problem Ivey 9 Mar 7, 2010 7:54 PM
The ComposTumbler dave 43 Apr 18, 2009 5:06 AM
Are there any plants that discourage snakes? If not, any other ideas? Carol7 35 Aug 23, 2007 12:37 AM
Vine support pole Dinu 11 Jan 13, 2014 1:26 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America