Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
rudy33
Sterling, CT

July 4, 2010
10:35 AM

Post #7942662

I have a tree that died in our dogs yard that is also a light pole. We cut the limbs and stands about 20' high. I would love to put a large container on top with a perennial vine (either flower or fruit) that is non toxic to dogs. We live in the northeastern part of CT. Any ideas?
art_n_garden
Colorado Springs, CO
(Zone 6a)

July 10, 2010
9:47 PM

Post #7958957

Hi Rudy,
I'm no expert on dog-safe plants, though I wish I knew more about plant toxicity because I have 2 dogs and a cat running through my garden. I wrote this other article about hardy vines - and I think maybe one of them might be right for you? I don't know which are safe and which aren't off the top of my head, but I bet if you researched one that you liked you could find really fast one way or another.
I grow hops in my backyard, very vigorous - and I'm thinking that since it's used for human consumption that it would probably be safe for doggies too. (again I don't know for sure)

http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/885/

Let me know what you think, and sorry I'm not more help! One of the other article writers here is a vet in real life, and he might be able to answer you as well - Palmbob
AngelBoy
Collegeville, PA
United States

September 6, 2011
3:23 PM

Post #8796477

Try looking on a "Vet" website for what's poisonous and what's safe.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Cover a Chain-Link Fence in No Time Flat Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
The Dread Chain Link! Jungleman 9 Sep 6, 2011 10:59 AM
what is the middle monochromatic - warm? seanandkaren 2 Jul 14, 2008 10:58 AM
Great read! DriftingDude 1 Jul 15, 2008 4:43 AM
Vines plantgirl1 1 Jul 15, 2008 4:43 AM
Getting rid of those darn mealy bugs... BevBoudreaux 2 Sep 5, 2011 5:52 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America