Photo by Melody

Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins: CLOSED: July BLAST-Off !

Communities > Forums > Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins
bookmark
Forum: Group Trades, Swaps and Round RobinsReplies: 76, Views: 516
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 7, 2010
2:57 PM

Post #7950529

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1101690/

We'll share Garden Statues or Garden Ornaments like Bunnies, Birds, Bees, Ladybugs, Ants, Armadillos, Angels, Spiders, Snails, Snakes, Turtles, and Tarantulas, just to name a few.

Put those letters together and we're going to have a BLAST!

1. The value of your package should not exceed $20 prior to postage.

2. When you sign up, list your favorites, even if they aren't on the suggested list, and also mention those you do not like.

3. You should also let us know if you'd prefer to have three $6.50 items, two $10 items, or one $20 item. If you're a savvy shopper and find yours on sale, go by the suggested retail price and not what you actually paid. If you're a crafter, handmade items are Welcome. These are hard times for a lot of us and we don't want to leave anyone out.

3. Statues or Ornaments may be made of glazed ceramic, resin, metal, concrete, or any other material that can withstand the fluctuations of hot and cold outdoor weather.

4. Please do your best to accommodate your Buddy's wishes and come as close to them as you possibly can.

5. Post a list and photo of the item(s) you receive.

6. If you are not in the addy exchange, please D-mail your mailing info to me when you sign up.

7. Sign-up til July 1st. Partners will be assigned on Sunday, July 4th, or sooner depending on interest.

8. Our mail deadline is Wednesday, July 21st.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine
Click the image for an enlarged view.

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 7, 2010
2:58 PM

Post #7950531

Reserved for Participants

* abbisgranma / Marion -- Gnomes, Turtles and really loves LADYBUGS. NO SNAKES!

Bettypauze / Betty --

catbirdsue / Cathy --

ClanCampbell / Chris --> Rec'd from rvnsbrk / Neener.

ddbydeb / Deb -- Frogs, lizards, snakes, dragonflies, ladybugs...bugs period; also birds and birdhouses, stepping stones, bird baths.

* FruitOfTHeVine / Susan: 1 or 2 items --- NO Angels or Gnomes please. I'm game for any critters except SNAKES and am especially fond of Bunnies & Turtles. Birdhouses are good too.

* froggies_girl / Julie: B- birdhouse, bees, blue flowering plants, banana plants, bird of paradise plant, butterflies, butterfly bushes -- L- ladybugs, lights (solar), lizards, lilies -- A- angels -- S- seeds for tropical plants or red, white, blue plants; snails, subscription to Birds and Blooms magazine, stepping stones -- T- toads (frogs), turtles,

* GAgirl1066 / Paula: NO Gnomes. Loves garden statues and the like, especially bunnies, most animals and bugs that are cute. Also neat birdhouses.

happgarden / Joyce --> Rec'd from ClanCampbell.

heavenscape / Jaye -- > Rec'd from abbisgranma.

* janaestone / Di: Surprise her with the # of gifts --- especially fond of beehives and birdhouses.

jordankittyjo / Kathy -- Rec'd from froggies_girl

jsxtiger / Joyce: NO SNAKES

* Meickle2003 / Mickey: NO snakes, NO ugly bugs, NO fairies, and NO gnomes please. Likes Angels, Cherubs, Frogs, Solar Lights, and anything with Bible verses. Prefers to receive 1 item and is working on a Memory Garden for her Mom who passed away April 20th.

* rouxcrew / Joy: Nothing "cutesy" or gnomes or fairies. Love things that blow in the wind, birdhouses, beehives, most anything for a cottage garden. 1 or 2.

* rvnsbrk / Neener : NO Angels. Love anything cutsie, especially ladybugs, hedgehogs, or any other kind of critters.

taters55 / Linda Kay -- Rec'd from Bettypauze.

* = checked in

This message was edited Jul 20, 2010 5:34 PM

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

July 9, 2010
5:39 PM

Post #7956051

Wow, I've been gone all week and still get to be first???? How cool is that??
Watching lamb races out the , waiting for the weather to cool a bit before I do evening chores.

Joy
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 9, 2010
6:38 PM

Post #7956194

Look who's here's 1st! I swear, Joy, you never miss a bleat...err beat. Where the heck do you get your energy?
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 10, 2010
4:13 AM

Post #7956811

FruitOfTheVine wrote:Look who's here's 1st! I swear, Joy, you never miss a bleat...err beat. Where the heck do you get your energy?

Oh geez Fruitcake that is too funny! LOL!!!!

Having a nice rainy day so I can work on my buddies goodies! Yeah.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 10, 2010
5:33 AM

Post #7956915

Glad you got a chuckle. We had the best rain late yesterday and a ewe more showers during the night. Oh look at that, I made another funny. My quota's up for the month.

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 10, 2010
11:02 AM

Post #7957612

LOL!!!Shaking my head and laughing some more.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 10, 2010
3:27 PM

Post #7958110

Ya don't call me Fruitcake for nothing, Neener. Who knew I could make a pun before the crack of noon anywho? LOL

Help me out, Joy! And the rest of you chime in so we can squelch the echos in here.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 10, 2010
7:53 PM

Post #7958664

echo, echo, echo... LOL!

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

July 10, 2010
8:48 PM

Post #7958820

Gee whiz girls, I don't have anything ewesful to ram down y'all's throats. But since nobahhhhdy else has anything to add, I can throw in my two cents "wether" you care or not.

I'm off to bed and counting sheep,

Joy
Meickle2003
Chillicothe, IL
(Zone 6a)

July 11, 2010
6:13 AM

Post #7959342

Hi everyone, hope you all are having a good weekend. Have a happy Sunday!!

Micky
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 11, 2010
6:16 AM

Post #7959349

Hello, hello, hello...LOL

That's hilarious, Joy!

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 11, 2010
6:41 AM

Post #7959391

Great...now I have 2 of you to deal with. ;0))))))

Well you can call me the Terminator. I have had enough of the Jap Beetles and the mealy bugs and I have pulled out the big guns, at least for me. Mixed up a batch of Sevin this morning and nuked the world. Anyone that knows me, knows I hate pesticide and herbicide, but sometimes you just have to go there. When I saw the leaves on the brugs this morning getting chewed that was the last straw. The beetles have already ruined 2 of my 5 hardy hibiscus to where they won't bloom this year. The mealies on the coleus just won't go away despite Bayer treatments. These guys are on my last nerve. Hopefully this will help. And since I was out destroying the environment I sprayed all the weeds in the driveway with Round up. UGH!

Ewes all have a fun day now!
GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

July 11, 2010
8:12 AM

Post #7959546

Gooo Neener! Come to my house next, the mealies are getting out of control. Why do they like coleus so much?
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 11, 2010
3:53 PM

Post #7960812

So far so good with the Coleus. My problem is spider mites on some of my older EE's, quarantined far away from my newer ones so they don't become infected too. Thank you GA & happ for the new pups! Some of my older ones were so badly infested I pruned & trashed the leaves and disinfected my clippers. Then I gave all of them a blast of water and am continuing to mist them twice a day...since I've heard SM's don't like H2O. Insecticides aren't my thing either and hope I don't have to resort to using them. Anybody else who's experienced this problem, what do you do or use to get rid of the mites?

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 12, 2010
6:12 AM

Post #7962014

Fruitcake I had them last year on my brugs. I blasted them with water as well , but finally had to result to Neem and then Sevin. Got rid of them, but it was a process and one the brugs most affected has not recovered well. I just cut it all back and I think I may lose it. Oh before I forget Fruity I have an agastache for you. The Tutti Fruiti that I bought is so leggy from lack of light that I might as well give it a better home.

The EE's I planted from some sale bulbs at home Depot aren't doing squat for me.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 12, 2010
6:12 AM

Post #7962015

Have you all tried buying lady bugs?
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 12, 2010
10:22 AM

Post #7962652

LK I had ladybugs that I released inside this winter for the aphids on my lettuce. They worked, but they didn't solve the whole problem. I released the ones I had left this spring and I haven't seen many of them around at all.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 13, 2010
6:31 AM

Post #7964600

They all came to my house Neener. LOL

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

July 13, 2010
7:19 AM

Post #7964702

Got everything for my box ready to send. Will probably mail tomorrow. I miss all of you. It is so hard to get online when Liam is here. He is a little bundle of energy, but I'm loving every minute of it. I can't believe that I go back to school in 3 weeks and he will go home. So, I'm making the most of every minute I have with him. I took him blueberry picking yesterday and he was eating them faster than I could pick them! He is my heart and joy!

All of you take care and I will catch up later. Liam is staying with his great-grandparents Thursday and Friday, so maybe I can catch up then. love, julie
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 13, 2010
11:49 AM

Post #7965474

Enjoy Julie. We'll be here when you get back.

dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

July 13, 2010
12:24 PM

Post #7965556

LOL, boy is the joke on me! I am so addicted to all of you that I don't need to be in a swap to get excited. Went to Cracker Barrel this morning and just as soon as I walked in the door I was looking for swap items. Guess what? lol, no you cannot guess. Just as I finished paying for the "B" item swap gift, I remembered...I'm not in this swap. Oh well, I can keep it or save it! Not a very good picture, it is a Birdhouse wind chime.
Love and hugs
Faye

Thumbnail by dahtzu

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 13, 2010
3:13 PM

Post #7966051

That is hilarious Faye!!! You need to join up and use that little pretty somewhere.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 13, 2010
4:29 PM

Post #7966223

Wow, Julie...You're so Sweet being such an Early Bird! Liam will be a big boy before you know it. Enjoy every minute you have with him and catch up with us when you have time :)

Hi Faye! Come on and join us if you'd like to. Either way, you know you're more than Welcome to pop in anytime and chat away. Miss you, Lady :)

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

July 13, 2010
5:14 PM

Post #7966288

Faye, that's cute. I went to the grocery store this morning and they had all their garden items "Buy one, get one free." I stocked up because I know I'll be able to use them in swaps late on. However, I did buy myself the cutest solar lighted frog stone!
love, julie
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

July 13, 2010
5:14 PM

Post #7966289

Miss you too dear friend!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 13, 2010
5:28 PM

Post #7966308

Way to go, froggies...it sounds like you really scored!

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

July 15, 2010
7:47 AM

Post #7970187

Ehemmm... Faye.. you can't be going into CB without me!!!
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

July 15, 2010
12:56 PM

Post #7970765

My buddy's item was shipped on 7/13, so hopefully she'll have it before the weekend! I ordered it online, so we'll see how it goes :)

Can't wait to start seeing all the goodies..and speaking of goodies, Faye can just send that gorgeous chime my way :) OHHH.. save it for the next windchime swap and I'll make sure you get my name LOL!!!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 15, 2010
1:16 PM

Post #7970805

My box is trying to decided whether to go North, South, East or West. I am leaving it toadally up to the box and post master.
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

July 15, 2010
1:29 PM

Post #7970838

You all are so sweet. And Jaye, lol who knows where my mine will take me next. Wind chime swap! yep that's a good idea Chris, and also thought about using as part of a Bday gift.
Hugs, Faye
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 15, 2010
3:00 PM

Post #7971016

That brings up a good question. What month are you planning to hostess the next Wind Chime swap, Chris? My Cherry tree where I've hung most of them still has a few empty branches, and since the flowers in my baskets croaked there's 8 empty hooks around the front porch :-(

"I am leaving it toadally up to the box and post master." LOL Maid M!

Edited to say: We haven't heard from a few of you, hope you'll check in and let us know what you've been up to.

Bettypauze
catbirdsue
ddbydeb
happgarden
janaestone
jordankittyjo
jsxtiger

This message was edited Jul 15, 2010 5:01 PM
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 15, 2010
4:00 PM

Post #7971127

My box went out on Tuesday I think it was. Should have hopped it's way to my buddy today or tomorrow.
:0)
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

July 15, 2010
7:23 PM

Post #7971601

Fruity, I'm not really certain when I will.. there are several other swaps going on and I don't want us to get into an overload (is there such a thing when it comes to swaps??) If there would be a good supply to choose from, I think I might do another one around Oct..

I had lost this thread..you might go back to the old room and leave a breadcrumb trail for our lost little lambs :)
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

July 17, 2010
5:28 AM

Post #7974936

Neener, neener, neener!!!! I got my package yesterday.. woohoo.. Neener was my buddy and she sent me the most Adorable bunny that she made!

Miss Penny (the name I gave the new bunny) had a friend hitchhiking with her and it's a cute little rock painted as a bug..and the colors match Miss Penny.
I'm already having problems though..cause when my Okla rabbit, Peter, saw the new lady rabbit..he was instantly attracted..you can tell by the pic!! I'm going to have to separate those two, I can see that already!!

She also sent a homemade card that cracked me up.. and Neener, you are SO RIGHT!!

Here's Miss Penny

This message was edited Jul 17, 2010 6:32 AM

Thumbnail by ClanCampbell

ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

July 17, 2010
5:30 AM

Post #7974938

Here's the cute bug.. I love this little one..thank you!

ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

July 17, 2010
5:35 AM

Post #7974944

And lastly, the card.. the inside says "Whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed" LOL.. I love that!

Again..thank you for all of it..it made my day!! And to know that you made it, that's extra special to me :)

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 17, 2010
6:40 AM

Post #7975091

WOoHoo!!! So glad it all arrived Chris and I'm glad you like it. I had a great time painting that little girl.
Hope you can keep the bunnies under control. :0) I thought maybe your newest grandaughter would take a shine to it too.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 17, 2010
7:07 AM

Post #7975151

Beautiful bunny and lady bug!

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

July 17, 2010
8:42 AM

Post #7975457

Awwww.. a wonderful mid July blast for you Chris! Neener's so talented!!
When she wrote 'hop'.. thought I was her buddy.. oh well.. maybe it's Maid M.. 'toadfully'.

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

July 17, 2010
2:26 PM

Post #7976078

Chris, I just today got the greatest fairy it is beautiful. My DIL was here and I almost had to fight her for it, she just fell in love with the colors of the fairy, but so have I. It is beautiful. She is currently sitting atop my granite rock watching over my hosta garden and is just perfect! You just couldn't have done any better, did you sneak down here one night and figure out what I was missing? Thank you soooo very much.

I too had lost this thread, but when the box arrived I had to go fishing to find out where everyone was...you can run but you can't hide...LOL

Again thank you Chris it is beautiful. I took about 20 shots...LOL

Thumbnail by happgarden

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

July 17, 2010
2:30 PM

Post #7976084

Had to send a second shot, she is just so beautiful.
If you look reallll close you can see the wings and head of my other fairy by the bird bath.

Thumbnail by happgarden

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 17, 2010
2:39 PM

Post #7976102

That is stunning Happ.. I really like that. She looks perfect on her perch there.
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

July 17, 2010
4:54 PM

Post #7976451

I'm still around - just too tired to even type. I'm a Jr Fair Board advisor for Girl Scouts in my county and we have a big booth this year. Our fair starts next Sunday and July is just crazy at our house. Pre-fair judging started today and my booth's projects were being judged this afternoon. I've been trying to get animals and kids ready for the next two weeks - ack! It's just nuts around here right now, but i have to admit I secretly love fair time - more than the kids! :)

Love that fairy, happ!

Di
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

July 17, 2010
5:23 PM

Post #7976515

I am so glad to hear that she made it to you in one piece and that you like her. I thought she was the prettiest fairy of them all and just had to send her your way :) And it thrills me to death that you have such a perfect spot for her! Since she was sitting down, I felt like I was taking a chance! But she looks right at home there :)

I'm worn out.. went on my first ever poker run.. I've only been on a motorcycle a total of 3 times, so this was a little scary! lol..but I did enjoy myself overall and wouldn't mind doing it again when it's not 100 degrees outside!

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 17, 2010
6:19 PM

Post #7976675

Hi Di, You're one busy lady and have your hands full! There's nothing like a county fair. Have a great time --- take pics if you can and share them with us. And best of luck to your Troupe, I hope the girls score a bunch of ribbons.

Miss Penny is SO pretty but that Ladybug takes the cake. Don't Neener's cards just send you over the moon?

What a perfect place to display your Fairy, happ...OMG she's gorgeous!

I've never straddled a motorcycle in my life and would be scared to death if I ever did, so you're braver than I am. Did you win any bucks? There's an annual poker run here on the lake by boat that was held just a few weeks ago. Mostly pricey speed boats and cabin cruisers. We only have a Skiff...lol Guess you can tell we weren't in the competition.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

July 17, 2010
9:42 PM

Post #7977076

My fairy is beautiful and the she is perfect on my rock. Wish you all could see how she looks over the hosta bed it is so cool.

jordankittyjo

jordankittyjo
Bessemer, AL
(Zone 8b)

July 18, 2010
12:15 PM

Post #7978305

i'm here. been busy with heart tests.
got my box from julie. it wasa stuffed full with wonderful items. a bird house, pot hangers, a sun, a toad, a snail, a lizard, and the most wonderful bird garden book. i have read it 3 times.
thank you so much julie

jordankittyjo

jordankittyjo
Bessemer, AL
(Zone 8b)

July 18, 2010
12:22 PM

Post #7978318

sorry, forgot the pics.

Thumbnail by jordankittyjo

jordankittyjo

jordankittyjo
Bessemer, AL
(Zone 8b)

July 18, 2010
12:23 PM

Post #7978321

and...

Thumbnail by jordankittyjo

jordankittyjo

jordankittyjo
Bessemer, AL
(Zone 8b)

July 18, 2010
12:24 PM

Post #7978325

oh i forgot, some delisous apple jelly
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

July 18, 2010
1:53 PM

Post #7978512

What nice treasures, I love that bird house, it is so cool.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 18, 2010
4:40 PM

Post #7978943

I love that sun face!! Take care of yourself Kathy!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 18, 2010
5:23 PM

Post #7979039

We're thinking about you, Kathy. Keep us posted when you can. That birdhouse and sunface are cool!

Thank you, froggies, for sending a box of Sunshine :)

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 19, 2010
1:32 PM

Post #7981143

I recieved my gifts from Betty! they are adorable. Thanks you Betty ffor the wonderful gifts! The first one is a beautiful piece of artwork, that gets nailed on a tree, to make it look like momma blue jay is feeding her young one!

Thumbnail by taters55

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 19, 2010
1:35 PM

Post #7981155

And I also got this lovely ceramic turtle! His head wobbles, and he looks like he is moving!

Betty, I love the gifts, and can't thank you enough!

Thumbnail by taters55

GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

July 19, 2010
1:41 PM

Post #7981171

Soo cute! I love them.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 19, 2010
1:56 PM

Post #7981217

Those are both sweet, taters :)

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 19, 2010
3:45 PM

Post #7981447

Love that turtle!!! The kitten was playing with one this afternoon in the woods out back. Darn thing was as big as he is.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

July 19, 2010
7:29 PM

Post #7982006

Nice presents. Always fun to see what everyone gets.

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

July 20, 2010
9:38 AM

Post #7983371

Ooh what treasures you both have, Sis Kathy and LK.
Some gems to ease your hot summer!

Thank you Maid M aka Marion aka Abbisgranma!!!!

So.. I was right!!! I'm toadally happy!!! And you're EARLY!!!

The box was delivered to the shop yesterday, but I didn't get it till a few minutes ago!
Kel says when he shook the box, he didn't hear any rattling noise and he knew there weren't any jelly beans from Havana.
You've darn spoiled that man, Maid M!

Beautiful artistry there!! A couple of toads sitting on toadstools, playing ladybug checkers!!
I love, love it!!
Nice way of reminding me of you and Ross.. those ladybugs.
The artist even gave a human touch to the one that's losing. See his face cupped in his hands?
Always wanted one, and now you've made my indoor frog heaven complete.. along with the praying one, that you've sent me some time back, remember?

Thank you so much, hugs and kisses.. and for the box too!! I've been looking for one, now I'll use it for my swap buddy.

Btw swap buddy.. I've read somewhere you love to be entertained.. I do hope my box will 'entertain' you!! It's going out tomorrow.

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

July 20, 2010
9:41 AM

Post #7983379

I'm sooo excited and I forgot to include the picture!!
Here are the cerebral frogs/toads!

Thumbnail by heavenscape

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 20, 2010
10:08 AM

Post #7983426

Oh Jaye, that is so nice! I think I rememeber someone esle gettingo ne last year! Everyone oooh'd, and aahhhh'd about it! Very nice Marion! I can see Jaye smiling from here!

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

July 20, 2010
10:11 AM

Post #7983432

Hehehe.. still smiling LK!!
We have some very thoughtful swappers here!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 20, 2010
10:44 AM

Post #7983491

Glad you like it and yes, I guess by my usual standards, I am early!! Surprise, surprise, surprise as Gomer Pyle would say. LOL

Tell Kel I am so sorry about the jelly beans--maybe next time. With what was happening with my arm, jelly beans didn't cross my mind--of course, nothing else did either. Duh!
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

July 20, 2010
11:39 AM

Post #7983607

That is so fun! How cute.
I am mailing on time...

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

July 20, 2010
11:46 AM

Post #7983622

I thought you were all as quiet as could be, don't know why this thread didn't show up, someone mentioned something on another thread so though hmmm must go check it out..

Jaye, just love your froggies...

LindaKay, just got to go back to that store and get me a turtle..isn't that what we girls do, 'one for you and one for me!'

love all your swap items...and yes, I mailed from Buffalo, didn't take long to arrive...had a few things that should have been mailed over the weekend while across the border but was so excited to be travelling again that I plum forgot...
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

July 20, 2010
1:23 PM

Post #7983857

How adorable are those frogs!! Funny how every time someone gets their swap, I think "ohhh..I'd love to have that!" Can you imagine how FULL my little apartment would be?? LOL

Marion, you saying that about Gomer Pyle reminded me: in 5th grade in TX, my homeroom teacher's name was Mrs. Carter.. her cousin was Jim Nabors, who played Gomer Pyle! They wrote each other often and she would sometimes treat us by reading his letters to us :) Thanks for reminding me of such a nice memory!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 20, 2010
1:26 PM

Post #7983874

Jim Nabors is from Jasper, AL and my late in laws knew him. Well, remember Dukes of Hazzard? Sonny Shroyer who was on the show is my late grandmother's nephew but I have never stopped to figure out what that is to me. Distant something or other.
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

July 20, 2010
1:37 PM

Post #7983890

Not too distant.. 2nd cousins, right? You should have seen the diagram I was writing to figure out the relationship. lol!! Sonny's mom would have been your Great Aunt, so your mom/dad would have been his cousin..making you a 2nd cousin.

My head hurts now..I'm going to go back to the dark corner over here :-)
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 20, 2010
1:59 PM

Post #7983930

That is exactly why I never stopped to figure it out. LOL All I knew was he would constantly send pictures to my Grandmother after he became famous and they would be in character but signed "Sonny". Dumb me, had to ask who he was and why the professional glossies that kept coming. Actually never watched the show so ... yeah, bad I know. Just a teeny, bitty piece of useless trivia.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

July 20, 2010
2:10 PM

Post #7983951

Betty, like you I have had some of my groups fall from site. Then I will have a moment and think something must be wrong, they can't be that quiet that long...LOL

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 20, 2010
3:32 PM

Post #7984106

Let's play checkers, Jayebird! That's so cool.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

July 20, 2010
4:02 PM

Post #7984151

I also thought it was odd..so glad I found you all!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 20, 2010
4:44 PM

Post #7984253

Marion, you mean you missed hearing The General honk out Dixie, and figuring out the plot of a 60 minute episode in the 1st 15 minutes? LOL You're hired to map my family tree, Chris. Get this, my Dad's sister married my Mom's brother so their kids were my double 1st cousins. Closest kin to being brothers and sisters, so elderly family members used to say, and that always creaped me out since growing up in the South we already knew we had to be careful who we dated...LOL I never bothered to figure out what their kids were to me (my neices & nephews, that is). You got that pad handy for another diagram?

EDIT! "Well, Shazam!" which has nothing to do with Gomer in this case. Years ago my neighbor was Jim Best, better known to many of us as Rosco P. Coltrane on the Duke's.

Great recollections you two!

This message was edited Jul 20, 2010 6:46 PM
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 20, 2010
5:07 PM

Post #7984297

It really is a small world isn't? Oh how I understand about "who" you dated when I was growing up. Everyone was related to everyone else. Talk about inbreeding---LO(L
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 20, 2010
6:01 PM

Post #7984395

It sure is, Maid M. Even if you weren't related,word spread like wildfire through the town who you were dating or just might be a smidgen interested in, whether it was true or not..lol

New room ya'll. Let's continue our BLAST here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1117231/

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
ZZ's - Star-Studded - 'Tomato Seed Round-Robin'. ZZTOPSOIL 335 Aug 8, 2007 11:54 PM
CLOSED: Any newbies wanna start a round robin? kaykay1010 134 Dec 14, 2010 6:31 PM
Spring Fever RR Crimson 146 Apr 13, 2007 12:08 PM
Houseplant Swap snboyken 146 Apr 30, 2007 12:59 PM
Yesterday's News Robin's Resurrection sign-up here Gourd 284 Jul 11, 2007 4:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America