We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1101690/
We'll share Garden Statues or Garden Ornaments like Bunnies, Birds, Bees, Ladybugs, Ants, Armadillos, Angels, Spiders, Snails, Snakes, Turtles, and Tarantulas, just to name a few.
Put those letters together and we're going to have a BLAST!
1. The value of your package should not exceed $20 prior to postage.
2. When you sign up, list your favorites, even if they aren't on the suggested list, and also mention those you do not like.
3. You should also let us know if you'd prefer to have three $6.50 items, two $10 items, or one $20 item. If you're a savvy shopper and find yours on sale, go by the suggested retail price and not what you actually paid. If you're a crafter, handmade items are Welcome. These are hard times for a lot of us and we don't want to leave anyone out.
3. Statues or Ornaments may be made of glazed ceramic, resin, metal, concrete, or any other material that can withstand the fluctuations of hot and cold outdoor weather.
4. Please do your best to accommodate your Buddy's wishes and come as close to them as you possibly can.
5. Post a list and photo of the item(s) you receive.
6. If you are not in the addy exchange, please D-mail your mailing info to me when you sign up.
7. Sign-up til July 1st. Partners will be assigned on Sunday, July 4th, or sooner depending on interest.
8. Our mail deadline is Wednesday, July 21st.
CLOSED: July BLAST-Off !
We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1101690/
Reserved for Participants
* abbisgranma / Marion -- Gnomes, Turtles and really loves LADYBUGS. NO SNAKES!
Bettypauze / Betty --
catbirdsue / Cathy --
ClanCampbell / Chris --> Rec'd from rvnsbrk / Neener.
ddbydeb / Deb -- Frogs, lizards, snakes, dragonflies, ladybugs...bugs period; also birds and birdhouses, stepping stones, bird baths.
* FruitOfTHeVine / Susan: 1 or 2 items --- NO Angels or Gnomes please. I'm game for any critters except SNAKES and am especially fond of Bunnies & Turtles. Birdhouses are good too.
* froggies_girl / Julie: B- birdhouse, bees, blue flowering plants, banana plants, bird of paradise plant, butterflies, butterfly bushes -- L- ladybugs, lights (solar), lizards, lilies -- A- angels -- S- seeds for tropical plants or red, white, blue plants; snails, subscription to Birds and Blooms magazine, stepping stones -- T- toads (frogs), turtles,
* GAgirl1066 / Paula: NO Gnomes. Loves garden statues and the like, especially bunnies, most animals and bugs that are cute. Also neat birdhouses.
happgarden / Joyce --> Rec'd from ClanCampbell.
heavenscape / Jaye -- > Rec'd from abbisgranma.
* janaestone / Di: Surprise her with the # of gifts --- especially fond of beehives and birdhouses.
jordankittyjo / Kathy -- Rec'd from froggies_girl
jsxtiger / Joyce: NO SNAKES
* Meickle2003 / Mickey: NO snakes, NO ugly bugs, NO fairies, and NO gnomes please. Likes Angels, Cherubs, Frogs, Solar Lights, and anything with Bible verses. Prefers to receive 1 item and is working on a Memory Garden for her Mom who passed away April 20th.
* rouxcrew / Joy: Nothing "cutesy" or gnomes or fairies. Love things that blow in the wind, birdhouses, beehives, most anything for a cottage garden. 1 or 2.
* rvnsbrk / Neener : NO Angels. Love anything cutsie, especially ladybugs, hedgehogs, or any other kind of critters.
taters55 / Linda Kay -- Rec'd from Bettypauze.
* = checked in
This message was edited Jul 20, 2010 5:34 PM
Wow, I've been gone all week and still get to be first???? How cool is that??
Watching lamb races out the , waiting for the weather to cool a bit before I do evening chores.
Look who's here's 1st! I swear, Joy, you never miss a bleat.....err beat. Where the heck do you get your energy?
Glad you got a chuckle. We had the best rain late yesterday and a ewe more showers during the night. Oh look at that, I made another funny. My quota's up for the month.
Ya don't call me Fruitcake for nothing, Neener. Who knew I could make a pun before the crack of noon anywho? LOL
Help me out, Joy! And the rest of you chime in so we can squelch the echos in here.
Gee whiz girls, I don't have anything ewesful to ram down y'all's throats. But since nobahhhhdy else has anything to add, I can throw in my two cents "wether" you care or not.
I'm off to bed and counting sheep,
Hi everyone, hope you all are having a good weekend. Have a happy Sunday!!
Hello, hello, hello....LOL
That's hilarious, Joy!
Great...now I have 2 of you to deal with. ;0))))))
Well you can call me the Terminator. I have had enough of the Jap Beetles and the mealy bugs and I have pulled out the big guns, at least for me. Mixed up a batch of Sevin this morning and nuked the world. Anyone that knows me, knows I hate pesticide and herbicide, but sometimes you just have to go there. When I saw the leaves on the brugs this morning getting chewed that was the last straw. The beetles have already ruined 2 of my 5 hardy hibiscus to where they won't bloom this year. The mealies on the coleus just won't go away despite Bayer treatments. These guys are on my last nerve. Hopefully this will help. And since I was out destroying the environment I sprayed all the weeds in the driveway with Round up. UGH!
Ewes all have a fun day now!
Gooo Neener! Come to my house next, the mealies are getting out of control. Why do they like coleus so much?
So far so good with the Coleus. My problem is spider mites on some of my older EE's, quarantined far away from my newer ones so they don't become infected too. Thank you GA & happ for the new pups! Some of my older ones were so badly infested I pruned & trashed the leaves and disinfected my clippers. Then I gave all of them a blast of water and am continuing to mist them twice a day....since I've heard SM's don't like H2O. Insecticides aren't my thing either and hope I don't have to resort to using them. Anybody else who's experienced this problem, what do you do or use to get rid of the mites?
Fruitcake I had them last year on my brugs. I blasted them with water as well , but finally had to result to Neem and then Sevin. Got rid of them, but it was a process and one the brugs most affected has not recovered well. I just cut it all back and I think I may lose it. Oh before I forget Fruity I have an agastache for you. The Tutti Fruiti that I bought is so leggy from lack of light that I might as well give it a better home.
The EE's I planted from some sale bulbs at home Depot aren't doing squat for me.
LK I had ladybugs that I released inside this winter for the aphids on my lettuce. They worked, but they didn't solve the whole problem. I released the ones I had left this spring and I haven't seen many of them around at all.
Got everything for my box ready to send. Will probably mail tomorrow. I miss all of you. It is so hard to get online when Liam is here. He is a little bundle of energy, but I'm loving every minute of it. I can't believe that I go back to school in 3 weeks and he will go home. So, I'm making the most of every minute I have with him. I took him blueberry picking yesterday and he was eating them faster than I could pick them! He is my heart and joy!
All of you take care and I will catch up later. Liam is staying with his great-grandparents Thursday and Friday, so maybe I can catch up then. love, julie
LOL, boy is the joke on me! I am so addicted to all of you that I don't need to be in a swap to get excited. Went to Cracker Barrel this morning and just as soon as I walked in the door I was looking for swap items. Guess what? lol, no you cannot guess. Just as I finished paying for the "B" item swap gift, I remembered.......I'm not in this swap. Oh well, I can keep it or save it! Not a very good picture, it is a Birdhouse wind chime.
Love and hugs
That is hilarious Faye!!! You need to join up and use that little pretty somewhere.
Wow, Julie.....You're so Sweet being such an Early Bird! Liam will be a big boy before you know it. Enjoy every minute you have with him and catch up with us when you have time :)
Hi Faye! Come on and join us if you'd like to. Either way, you know you're more than Welcome to pop in anytime and chat away. Miss you, Lady :)
Faye, that's cute. I went to the grocery store this morning and they had all their garden items "Buy one, get one free." I stocked up because I know I'll be able to use them in swaps late on. However, I did buy myself the cutest solar lighted frog stone!
Way to go, froggies...it sounds like you really scored!
Ehemmm... Faye.. you can't be going into CB without me!!!
My buddy's item was shipped on 7/13, so hopefully she'll have it before the weekend! I ordered it online, so we'll see how it goes :)
Can't wait to start seeing all the goodies..and speaking of goodies, Faye can just send that gorgeous chime my way :) OHHH.. save it for the next windchime swap and I'll make sure you get my name LOL!!!
My box is trying to decided whether to go North, South, East or West. I am leaving it toadally up to the box and post master.
You all are so sweet. And Jaye, lol who knows where my mine will take me next. Wind chime swap! yep that's a good idea Chris, and also thought about using as part of a Bday gift.
That brings up a good question. What month are you planning to hostess the next Wind Chime swap, Chris? My Cherry tree where I've hung most of them still has a few empty branches, and since the flowers in my baskets croaked there's 8 empty hooks around the front porch :-(
"I am leaving it toadally up to the box and post master." LOL Maid M!
Edited to say: We haven't heard from a few of you, hope you'll check in and let us know what you've been up to.
This message was edited Jul 15, 2010 5:01 PM
My box went out on Tuesday I think it was. Should have hopped it's way to my buddy today or tomorrow.
Fruity, I'm not really certain when I will.. there are several other swaps going on and I don't want us to get into an overload (is there such a thing when it comes to swaps??) If there would be a good supply to choose from, I think I might do another one around Oct..
I had lost this thread..you might go back to the old room and leave a breadcrumb trail for our lost little lambs :)
Neener, neener, neener!!!! I got my package yesterday.. woohoo.. Neener was my buddy and she sent me the most Adorable bunny that she made!
Miss Penny (the name I gave the new bunny) had a friend hitchhiking with her and it's a cute little rock painted as a bug..and the colors match Miss Penny.
I'm already having problems though..cause when my Okla rabbit, Peter, saw the new lady rabbit..he was instantly attracted..you can tell by the pic!! I'm going to have to separate those two, I can see that already!!
She also sent a homemade card that cracked me up.. and Neener, you are SO RIGHT!!
Here's Miss Penny
This message was edited Jul 17, 2010 6:32 AM
WOoHoo!!! So glad it all arrived Chris and I'm glad you like it. I had a great time painting that little girl.
Hope you can keep the bunnies under control. :0) I thought maybe your newest grandaughter would take a shine to it too.
Awwww.. a wonderful mid July blast for you Chris! Neener's so talented!!
When she wrote 'hop'.. thought I was her buddy.. oh well.. maybe it's Maid M.. 'toadfully'.